Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I still can't believe the vikings all managed to test negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm Cris Collinsworth and can't understand Ertz established himself as a runner

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Is the punishment over the practice, or just for getting COVID?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol last year he said Josh Rosen is our starter for the rest of the season and it lasted 3 games

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

ask your self this: are there rumors of severe punishment for teams who had isolated cases and didn't hold clandestine practices

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The practicing, the lack of mask wearing in the clubhouse, apparently some partying as well I think?

It's like the whole world is coming together in unification that the Titans are going to be the example set by the league.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Move the Titans back to Houston and rename them the Oilers.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

move the titans to london

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Really the biggest betting upset here is that it's the Titans and not the Raiders.

I imagine Gruden reacting to the virus like he does to pass interference calls.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I like that the Titans are about to get the book thrown at them but the Patriots flew a guy on a plane with Cam because he'd been previously around Cam then played him against one of the leagues super stars and reigning Super Bowl winner.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mike Vrabel walks into a room.

Roger Goodell places a pair of dull shears, a serrated steak knife and a rusty can on the table.

"You finally get your wish...choose."

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

The practice thing is a huge fuckup by the Titans because it gives the NFL pretty much 100% cover for just slamming them and scaring the poo poo out of the rest of the teams.

Nov 6, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I like that the Titans are about to get the book thrown at them but the Patriots flew a guy on a plane with Cam because he'd been previously around Cam then played him against one of the leagues super stars and reigning Super Bowl winner.

He didn't fly on a plane with Cam.

quote:

In hopes of avoiding a widespread COVID-19 outbreak, the Patriots took two planes to Kansas City.

One was for players with close contact to Cam Newton — who’d already tested positive for the virus — and the other was for players that hadn’t been near the quarterback.

Apparently Stephon Gilmore was one of the 20 or so players that was on the “close contact” plane. That’s what The Athletic’s Jeff Howe is reporting in the aftermath of Gilmore’s positive COVID-19 test Wednesday morning.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmao

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mega64 posted:

I'm not good at photoshop but I did it anyway

e: Decided to do an alternate one because why not.

hell yeah

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Patriots took two planes there, but only did that because the NFL made them go to KC in the first place

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nodoze posted:

The Patriots took two planes there, but only did that because the NFL made them go to KC in the first place

Are you implying the Pats (like the organization) didn't want to play because I don't remember seeing anything about that?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

He didn't fly on a plane with Cam.

quote:

Apparently Stephon Gilmore was one of the 20 or so players that was on the “close contact” plane. 

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Are you implying the Pats (like the organization) didn't want to play because I don't remember seeing anything about that?

I don't think they get a say in the matter unless they up and revolt, but it was made to seem like the NFL told them the game is on and you are going

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'm glad the National Football League franchise Tennessee Titans is going to get outright banned from football and will convert into a cricket team

Nov 6, 2002

pasaluki posted:

The practice thing is a huge fuckup by the Titans because it gives the NFL pretty much 100% cover for just slamming them and scaring the poo poo out of the rest of the teams.

The practice thing was very dumb, but to a degree I wonder how much it is really even possible for NFL teams to keep the virus from spreading once it has a foothold in a facility. These aren't office workers who can maintain social distancing and avoid contact. They're on the practice field tackling each other, using the same locker rooms. Did the virus rip through the Titans because they failed to take precautions, or was it inevitable and is going to happen to other teams sooner or later? Is the NFL just lucky that the other teams that have had infections haven't had it spread?

I think you still don't understand what it said. Cam Newton was not on the plane.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

He was on the plane because he had dinner with Cam on Friday night (source: Radio). Cam was at home, the Patriots sent the 20 people who had been in his vicinity during the week on a separate plane to not put the entire team in the same plane for 3 hours

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

are you saying the fact that there was a "close contact" plane at all was an affront, or are you not getting that cam newton, who had covid, was not flown to kansas city for a football game he couldn't play in? because the first thing i agree with

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Is the NFL just lucky that the other teams that have had infections haven't had it spread?

basically it's this

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Mega64 posted:

I'm not good at photoshop but I did it anyway

e: Decided to do an alternate one because why not.

Very good, have already shared the second one with an aggrieved Tits fan.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Nodoze posted:

He was on the plane because he had dinner with Cam on Friday night (source: Radio). Cam was at home, the Patriots sent the 20 people who had been in his vicinity during the week on a separate plane to not put the entire team in the same plane for 3 hours

Ok that's what I misunderstood.

Playing guys from the exposed plane was dumb as hell. Great job NFL for forcing the game anyway and exposing a face of the league.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
News: the Steelers are very good at rushing the passer

Views :vince:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/martynmcl/status/1313947748845203456?s=21

J-E-T-S!!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

D-LINK posted:

They average more QB Hits per game (5.3) than Cinci, Cleveland, Carolina, Houston and WFT have all year lol they are preposterous

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

chamois posted:

i mean the consequences of their actions are bad enough imo, assuming they have to forefeit which they should

Yeah I think that's the "historic" thing that's being hinted at- an NFL team has never forfeited a game, technically

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Yeah but they also only played the giants, texans, and broncos so far

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Whew that is a perfect storm considering they probably are really good at rushing the passer.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Yeah, maybe. But they have led the league in sacks 3 consecutive years, and are well on their way to a fourth

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

D-LINK posted:

Huh, this made me curious because I thought the Packers had had a decent amount of sacks this season and was surprised to see them so low on the chart. Turns out they rarely hit the QB (20 hits) without actually sacking him (12 sacks, 60% of hits). The Steelers have 39 hits and 15 of these were sacks (38%).

I have no clue how to evaluate that other than more hits are better, clearly, as you're putting more physical wear-and-tear on the QB and making him think about being hit instead of thinking about his passes and his targets.

Link: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/opp.htm#passing::17 if you want to see for yourself.

edit: The Browns are another team with a high amount of sacks relative to QB hits: 11 sacks out of 16 hits.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
They should just force the Titans to play the games as scheduled. I know the roster would be 100% street UFAs and no staff to support or coach them, but It wouldn't technically be forfeiting.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

like 10 of those Ravens hits came from the WFT game lol they are bad

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Metapod posted:

God bless the titans

Unfortunately that god was Nurgle

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Huh, this made me curious because I thought the Packers had had a decent amount of sacks this season and was surprised to see them so low on the chart. Turns out they rarely hit the QB (20 hits) without actually sacking him (12 sacks, 60% of hits). The Steelers have 39 hits and 15 of these were sacks (38%).

I have no clue how to evaluate that other than more hits are better, clearly, as you're putting more physical wear-and-tear on the QB and making him think about being hit instead of thinking about his passes and his targets.

Link: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/opp.htm#passing::17 if you want to see for yourself.

edit: The Browns are another team with a high amount of sacks relative to QB hits: 11 sacks out of 16 hits.

I still can't believe the Ravens let Z'Darius walk. He looks good on the Packers

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

SKULL.GIF posted:

The rate at which pressures convert into sacks is kind of a weird, fluky thing. It varies from game to game, position to position, and game circumstances. I'm not even sure it's something that correlates all that well with overall pass rushing talent, either.

My favorite is Jordan Phillips, the dude produces a pretty mediocre rate of pressure but always seems to turn a crazy amount of them into sacks(especially for a DT). Something like 40% of his pressures were sacks last year. Guys who put up similar sack counts are out there generating pressure two or three times as often, and the dude is out there cashing in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans players are coming out and saying the NFL never told them to not meet until the day after players met for the unofficial practice.

If that’s true, lol at the NFL and then trying to blame the team