Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

This pic makes me feel anxious. Maybe because neither of them look like they've ever interacted with another human being and their cosplay is just weird enough to be offputting. Why does she have sunglasses...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

weird enough to be offputting

So it’s exactly like the game...

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Looks a photo of the most awkward themed-wedding ever

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Have the great fairies always sexually assaulted link, or is that just a BotW thing? It’s deeply weird and I mash X ASAP every time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Loucks posted:

Have the great fairies always sexually assaulted link, or is that just a BotW thing? It’s deeply weird and I mash X ASAP every time.

They've been weirdly flirty with him since OoT

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

ImpAtom posted:

They've been weirdly flirty with him since OoT

Excepting The Wind Waker, in which they are just weird.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I vaguely recall the fairies at the fountains in LTTP and LA being a little flirty but nothing more than like waitress level. But yeah they've been getting more and more crazy each game.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Hyrule Warriors looks dope, they really made another game in BotW Hyrule, even though it's a totally different type of game. I'm a sucker for Zelda NPCs and when I was a kid playing OoT I thought a game showing what happened to some of the other characters while Link was asleep would be awesome. This is gonna rule

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Ogmius815 posted:

Excepting The Wind Waker, in which they are just weird.

The Fairy Queen in Wind Waker was very flirty iirc

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Loucks posted:

In the Legend of NeilZelda? The fairy is hyper sexual.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Loucks posted:

the answer to this question is that it's just a BotW thing, everybody else answering this question is extremely confused

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The Golux posted:

Skyward Sword really needs an improved rerelease.

Cartoon Man posted:

A port of skyward sword is all but confirmed but it’s probably going to be sold individually.
There have been rumors about this since the Wii U era, and I very much doubt it'll happen. They'd have to re-work the entire game for a new control scheme. Ditto Metroid Prime 3. They baked that Wiimote stuff into those games and they're not the kind of company that throws a lot of resources at remaking things. Particularly ones people didn't like as much as the stuff of which they can just do emulated ports.

If the Joycons could act as tiny Wiimotes, as people keep saying, we'd have a re-release of Wii Sports by now.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

There have been rumors about this since the Wii U era, and I very much doubt it'll happen. They'd have to re-work the entire game for a new control scheme. Ditto Metroid Prime 3. They baked that Wiimote stuff into those games and they're not the kind of company that throws a lot of resources at remaking things. Particularly ones people didn't like as much as the stuff of which they can just do emulated ports.

If the Joycons could act as tiny Wiimotes, as people keep saying, we'd have a re-release of Wii Sports by now.

They ported Mario Galaxy over pretty decently, I think the Joy-Cons actually work pretty well as tiny Wiimotes 🤷‍♂️

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

They'd have to re-work the entire game for a new control scheme.

romanowski posted:

the controls will be mapped to the right stick and button presses. how many times do I gotta explain this

e: this is referring to a hypothetical motionless handheld mode (still could use gyro for aiming at least). motion controls could work exactly the same way as the original in docked mode

romanowski fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 9, 2020

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Skyward Sword doesn't use the pointer, only the accelerometer. That's the exact inputs that the Switch already provides. It'd be an easier conversion than Metroid Prime Trilogy. You fools.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Bongo Bill posted:

Skyward Sword doesn't use the pointer, only the accelerometer. That's the exact inputs that the Switch already provides. It'd be an easier conversion than Metroid Prime Trilogy. You fools.

Doesn't the bow in skyward use the pointer? I mean I guess you could make that also use the gyro, but the remaster of TWEWY kinda made me hate the gyro for the kind of precise aiming that isn't just a minor correction to the stick ala BOTW.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

They seem to like that stick/gyro assist aiming combo it seems (which is good, it's the best option in console games imo) so I'd expect them to just paste it in there if they actually do make a moderate effort remake.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The Great Fairy weapon set in Hyrule Warriors was several fetishes all in one.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

You literally just have to put the sword slashes on the right analog like in MGR:R. Ther'es no cuts in that game that aren't up down or diagonal.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/j2Cw9Ak.gifv

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You literally just have to put the sword slashes on the right analog like in MGR:R. Ther'es no cuts in that game that aren't up down or diagonal.

The only snag here is that you can't replicate the feinting that you have to do for the Ghirahim fights with just the right stick.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

The only snag here is that you can't replicate the feinting that you have to do for the Ghirahim fights with just the right stick.

sure you can, pointing the stick in one direction will have Link hold his sword there, and rapidly moving it from one side to the other will initiate the actual swing, which iirc is how metal gear rising works and is more or less how the motion controls work anyway. unless you're talking about something else

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I just got the motorcycle in botw

Holy poo poo this is sublime

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sticks have an absolute position, whereas the motion control only has relative movement. That means the movement that's possible with motion controls and impossible with a stick is to feint by holding your sword in one direction and then swinging toward that same direction, from the opposite. This is also the most basic tactic you use against enemies that respond to where you're holding your sword.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ardryn posted:

Doesn't the bow in skyward use the pointer? I mean I guess you could make that also use the gyro, but the remaster of TWEWY kinda made me hate the gyro for the kind of precise aiming that isn't just a minor correction to the stick ala BOTW.

It used the sensor bar for calibrating and re-centering on the fly but the bow and slingshot and everything else use gyro for aiming

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

...OK it's not as efficient as the carrying setup I have for switch cards... but it is cool.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
I just keep mine in my cheeks and slowly savor the flavour

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I'm curious how Skyward Sword would be received if released today. I feel like most of the complaints of the controls "not working" were people confused by gyro controls and thinking their sensor bar wasn't responding the way they expected.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Gruckles posted:

I'm curious how Skyward Sword would be received if released today. I feel like most of the complaints of the controls "not working" were people confused by gyro controls and thinking their sensor bar wasn't responding the way they expected.

Well the game still has horrible sections like the tadtone poo poo and the late game stealth section, so not much better.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Bongo Bill posted:

Sticks have an absolute position, whereas the motion control only has relative movement. That means the movement that's possible with motion controls and impossible with a stick is to feint by holding your sword in one direction and then swinging toward that same direction, from the opposite. This is also the most basic tactic you use against enemies that respond to where you're holding your sword.

But that was always an exercise in futility in SS and was the reason most people hated the controls, because it always messed up and didn't read the feinting input correctly. The better way to do it was to "feint" to the right (using right as the example) and swing further right from that position instead of moving to the left and then swinging right. It worked almost every time (for me at least, and others I have read about) doing it that way. And the Switch can handle that as good or better than the Wii could.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't think they'd port Skyward Sword unless there was a solution for handheld players. Touch screen sword controls? No thank you.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

mastajake posted:

The better way to do it was to "feint" to the right (using right as the example) and swing further right from that position instead of moving to the left and then swinging right.

I believe this was what was intended, it's just that it's not intuitive at all and as such was frustrating as hell

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Judge Tesla posted:

Well the game still has horrible sections like the tadtone poo poo and the late game stealth section, so not much better.

It would be a hell of a shift from BOTW's go-anywhere to SS's total linearity too. There were things I liked about SS - the Mogma, the Beetle, wandering round Skyloft at night being attacked by those cute flappy-eared furry things in NIGHT MURDERDEATHKILL MODE, Groose - but overall it'd need a big QOL update to get me to play it again.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

mastajake posted:

But that was always an exercise in futility in SS and was the reason most people hated the controls, because it always messed up and didn't read the feinting input correctly. The better way to do it was to "feint" to the right (using right as the example) and swing further right from that position instead of moving to the left and then swinging right. It worked almost every time (for me at least, and others I have read about) doing it that way. And the Switch can handle that as good or better than the Wii could.

That's what I said. That's what you do all the time with the motion controls, and that's the movement you can't make on a stick.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

dwarf74 posted:

I just got the motorcycle in botw

Holy poo poo this is sublime

Wait until you start feeding it wood and lizards and hooves and apples, and so forth.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Bongo Bill posted:

That's what I said. That's what you do all the time with the motion controls, and that's the movement you can't make on a stick.

Ah, perhaps I misread you.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Worst Link and Barf return tonight

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Found the boss in the Shadow Temple. It seems a lot harder than any other boss so far.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Smol posted:

Found the boss in the Shadow Temple. It seems a lot harder than any other boss so far.

I always had trouble with it (this is Bongo Bongo, right?). If the arena you were fighting on didn't shake as often as it does it would probably be easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

if you wear hover boots the banging on the drum doesn't affect you!