Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
We’ve made it, folks. Our 13th Star Trek film in 15 days. And the best one in, what, 20 years? It’s Beyond time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

This is Super Bullshit 64. If you can put up with the camp of TNG S1-2 or the dull beige of TNG S6-7 then you've got time for DS9's first two seasons, which tell some good loving stories.

this. You have to see how fully formed some of the recurring characters actually are right off the bat

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Brawnfire posted:

Star Trek: Get big, popular names and then give them unrecognizable makeup jobs and a poo poo written part

My partner when Joan Collins appeared in City on the Edge of Forever: Holy poo poo is that...
Me: Yeah
Her: wow

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Blink and you miss it but Spock's helmet makes an appearance in the finale of The Lower Decks.

You know, honestly, that episode was some of the best fun I've had with Trek in decades. It almost feels like they want to pull an Orville here and stick some actual stakes and drama in here and not just do hijinks.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Is it intentional in the beginning of Beyond that the Enterprise with the nacelles chopped off looks like the Kelvin? There was just all that talk about Kirk trying to be like George.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Unmature posted:

Is it intentional in the beginning of Beyond that the Enterprise with the nacelles chopped off looks like the Kelvin? There was just all that talk about Kirk trying to be like George.

Not sure about that one, but they did intentionally redesign the Enterprise in Beyond to look more spindly and fragile in order to make Kraal's attack on it feel even more brutal.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I love how everyone on the crew is doing something in Beyond and the team ups are interesting. Spock and Bones, Kirk and Checkov, Scotty and the new ally, Uhura and Sulu and the new villain.

Man, Spock dealing with Real Spock dying is the only interesting thing they did with him in this entire trilogy isn’t it.

Unmature fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 9, 2020

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Beyond really needed a scene where Spock and McCoy discover that the aliens are drones.

It's of those things that would've gotten ironed out if the movie hadn't been crazy rushed, I'm sure.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Random factoid: two days before filming Generations started they came in to do some work on the set and discovered someone had come by and stolen the captain's chair right off the bridge set, and they had to work no sleep to slap together a replacement before shooting began.

Some rear end in a top hat out there has Captain Picard's seat still, probably.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MikeJF posted:

Random factoid: two days before filming Generations started they came in to do some work on the set and discovered someone had come by and stolen the captain's chair right off the bridge set, and they had to work no sleep to slap together a replacement before shooting began.

Some rear end in a top hat out there has Captain Picard's seat still, probably.

Didn't this happen to Patrick Stewart more than once too? Didn't someone steal Professor X's wheelchair between X-Men movies and they had to get it back?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Now would be the time to link to the guys who snuck onto the TNG set after hours and filmed themselves giving a fake tour once they figured out how to turn on the lights

EDIT: tried to find it but Paramount keeps C/Ding it whenever it shows up on YouTube

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

Didn't this happen to Patrick Stewart more than once too? Didn't someone steal Professor X's wheelchair between X-Men movies and they had to get it back?

Something tells me they need to check Sir Pat Stew's house...

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Didn't he steal Picard's desk or the Ressikan flute or something? I know he's confessed to stealing poo poo before.

Mulgrew swiped at least one uniform too, I assume most of them did at some point.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Drone posted:

Didn't he steal Picard's desk or the Ressikan flute or something? I know he's confessed to stealing poo poo before.

Mulgrew swiped at least one uniform too, I assume most of them did at some point.

Hell, I would too. Creating a connection with a prop that will inevitably be lost or destroyed by ham-handed production studios, I'd want to save it

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Drone posted:

The only thing he admitted to stealing was a commbadge. Sirtis, on the otherhand, practically filled a truck with all the stuff she stole.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Eighties ZomCom posted:

The only thing he admitted to stealing was a commbadge. Sirtis, on the otherhand, practically filled a truck with all the stuff she stole.

I bet she doesn't remember a bit of it either, but there's probably photos of her somewhere wasted and cackling, pitching props into a rental truck

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I love the stories she’s told about the multiple times she showed up to set drunk/hungover, not knowing her lines, and quickly cramming before the cameras rolled.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

HD DAD posted:

I love the stories she’s told about the multiple times she showed up to set drunk/hungover, not knowing her lines, and quickly cramming before the cameras rolled.

Sounds like she was playing the wrong Troi.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Wanna day-drink with Marina Sirtis.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

For some reason I picture her getting twisted on ouzo

Unmature
May 9, 2008
That makes her accent make a lot more sense

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Eighties ZomCom posted:

Yeah apparently he wanted to buy his uniform and Paramount said no, so he stole the commbadge

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Wonder if he stole the stupid action jacket

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

He'd have stolen the dune buggy if he could've

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I remember several shifts where I'd clock out and go home still wearing a shop apron. I wonder if that ever happened to Dorn. Just looking in the mirror in his car like "godfuckit!"

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I hope he just wore the loaf on his face for days on end and drove home and slept in it like Paul Williams shooting whatever Planet of the Apes sequel that was

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I mean there was that one time Armin Shimmerman drove home in his Quark makeup after an earthquake.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Drone posted:

He'd have stolen the dune buggy if he could've
100%

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Rick Berman stole Denise Crosby's combadge.

https://twitter.com/TheDeniseCrosby/status/1092268606711197698

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Holy poo poo

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

hahah this is lower decks’ show runner

https://twitter.com/mikemcmahantm/status/1092512904937562112

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Mike McMahan bring back Tasha Yar

Do iiiiiit

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

HD DAD posted:

I mean there was that one time Armin Shimmerman drove home in his Quark makeup after an earthquake.

Is that the same earthquake where someone freaked out thinking Nana Visitor’s nose had been badly broken when it was just the bajoran nose piece that had gotten squished?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Probably. Northridge was in 94, there are stories about alien makeup scaring people from both DS9 and B5 casts and probably others.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Drone posted:

Mike McMahan bring back Tasha Yar

Do iiiiiit

He did already mention Armus!

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah apparently he wanted to buy his uniform and Paramount said no, so he stole the commbadge

According to an interview with his son I heard he still has his wig from I Claudius.

It should make an appearance on Season 2 of Picard playing a tribble.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
Didn't Sirtis steal her Troi wigs, which meant that when they were filming These Are The Voyages they didn't have an accurate wig for her?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Speaking of Beyond, I really expected Kirk to talk down the villain, remind him of his old values. But it was just another punch fight.

I still liked Beyond overall.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, Beyond was decent despite of the climax. It should have had an ending after the swarm that didn't involve the same tired big bad escaping and threatening Innocents and only our hero can punch them down from a high place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I did think the air filtration system was sort of a neat setting as far as those sorts of scenes go