Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ah hah! Buffout is pointing a finger at Natural Atmospheric Commonwealth!

I think I'll just ditch it for something else rather than try and figure out how to do whatever it said to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Yeah Buffout is the one, I wasn't able to link it when you were first interested though. Glad everything is sorted!

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/47820

The F4: New Vegas team released another weapon. This time the Colt Single Action Army. That fuckin' reload animation. :getin:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Chronojam posted:

Yeah Buffout is the one, I wasn't able to link it when you were first interested though. Glad everything is sorted!
Things are not sorted the problem is still here and Buffout is not logging whatever the problem is! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Gonkish posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/47820

The F4: New Vegas team released another weapon. This time the Colt Single Action Army. That fuckin' reload animation. :getin:

Added to the list.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Zereth posted:

Ah hah! Buffout is pointing a finger at Natural Atmospheric Commonwealth!

I think I'll just ditch it for something else rather than try and figure out how to do whatever it said to fix it.

NAC is more trouble than it's worth, IMO.
Its postprocessing effects always caused weird black square artifacts to appear on a lot of mod-added weapon models for me.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Zereth posted:

Things are not sorted the problem is still here and Buffout is not logging whatever the problem is! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Right NAC I got rid of that poo poo. It does too many things and has too much feature creep.

E: I moved onto Vivid weathers and Grim Wolf for the reshade/enb but I'm thinking about changing up the enb.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 10, 2020

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Zereth posted:

I'm randomly crashing when I load saves. Like, I can just start the game up again and load the save anyway, it's just if I've been playing a while. I'm not losing anything other than the time it takes to start up the game and get to the main menu.

Zereth posted:

Gamebryo Creation Engine is the problem. Your save probably just has some cruft that needs deleted. Go to a bed. Open the console (the ` key by default) and type "PCB" without the quotes. Sleep for 72 hours. At this point you should be good, so when I do it I'll usually make a hard save and load that just to make sure, but it's not absolutely necessary.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mooktastical posted:

Gamebryo Creation Engine is the problem. Your save probably just has some cruft that needs deleted. Go to a bed. Open the console (the ` key by default) and type "PCB" without the quotes. Sleep for 72 hours. At this point you should be good, so when I do it I'll usually make a hard save and load that just to make sure, but it's not absolutely necessary.
This appears to have worked, thanks you! I am reloading over and over to steal these three power armors from some Brotherhood guys who were fighting a deathclaw (and, uh, shouldn't be here at this point in the game, but whatever) and nary a crash in sight! :toot:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

something seems off with the Glock 86 plastma gun mod

I just got gun nut 3 so I modded the one I found and now I can fit, uh, my entire collection of 1700-odd energy cells into it

also it's by far my strongest gun

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

My game has started to stutter sometimes, especially when I'm in Sanctuary Hill, my most built-up settlement which also has my crafitng stations and some power armor standing around, etc.

Is, uh, is this just... like, what happens when I've got 19 people in a settlement with sim settlements housing plots and job plots, and like five other settlements running auto-city stuff?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Yes. There are settings you can use to reduce some of the performance impact, beyond just what the base game graphics settings do. You can reduce the frequency of certain checks, and reduce the amount of random visuals and smoke and sound effects.

I think there was some other new mod that came out that also increases the memory available to things like scripts that can help avoid crashes and slowdowns.

Sanctuary Hill in particular often had bad performance, and you are encouraged to NOT build at Red Rocket at the same time, to avoid performance issues.

More specifically, building up all three of Sanctuary and Red Rocket and the farm there is considered the easiest way to gently caress performance in the whole region.

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 11, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Here's a write up on their wiki if you want a more detailed explanation

https://www.simsettlements.com/site...ed-rocket.6964/

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Chronojam posted:

Yes. There are settings you can use to reduce some of the performance impact, beyond just what the base game graphics settings do. You can reduce the frequency of certain checks, and reduce the amount of random visuals and smoke and sound effects.

I think there was some other new mod that came out that also increases the memory available to things like scripts that can help avoid crashes and slowdowns.

Sanctuary Hill in particular often had bad performance, and you are encouraged to NOT build at Red Rocket at the same time, to avoid performance issues.

More specifically, building up all three of Sanctuary and Red Rocket and the farm there is considered the easiest way to gently caress performance in the whole region.
The only thing I am building at Red Rocket is automatrons to run my supply line network out of it. Nobody actually lives there except companions I'm dumping there temporarily so I can find them later.

Maybe I should find somewhere else to do my crafting, though. Any recommendations for somewhere out of the way that I could use?

... I was also having these performance issues, like, in the Dunwich Borers indoor area, though. Hm.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Do you have any lighting mods? It might just not run well for you, also.

I've always liked hangman's alley for a nice central crafting place and general loot-drop. Greygarden is also out of the way, but close enough to the city that the commute isn't too bad.

The drive-up theater might be a good main base as well, if you need a large area.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Chronojam posted:

Do you have any lighting mods? It might just not run well for you, also.

I've always liked hangman's alley for a nice central crafting place and general loot-drop. Greygarden is also out of the way, but close enough to the city that the commute isn't too bad.

The drive-up theater might be a good main base as well, if you need a large area.
Actually I'm continuing to have similar problems with my computer after quitting the game, so maybe it's something else! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I definitely had more conventional issues when trying to use a crafting station in heavy weather at Sanctuary though so maybe I'll go find Hangman's Alley and just build some crafting stations there.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

It's across the bridge where the wreck of the uss riptide is

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
You can also fortify Hangman's Alley into a real citadel but be aware; some of the default spawn points for attacks are inside the buildzone. So either get a mod to see where those are and build accordingly or get a mod that moves them farther out.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

7c Nickel posted:

You can also fortify Hangman's Alley into a real citadel but be aware; some of the default spawn points for attacks are inside the buildzone. So either get a mod to see where those are and build accordingly or get a mod that moves them farther out.
If I don't have any residents, food, or water generation do I even care about attacks?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zereth posted:

If I don't have any residents, food, or water generation do I even care about attacks?

Not really. Even if you do not really if you don't have settlers, just minor repair costs.

I used Hangman's almost exclusively in survival just due to it being so central, was a handy place for my supplies and any companions I wanted to keep around. About the only time I went someplace else was when I had conquest installed and decided to just adopt a highway

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
There's just no "fix" for the texture downgrade bug is there? I've tried all the different .ini setting I could google and it just keeps happening to random textures. I read it was a problem with the BA2 format? Would extracting all the texture files work?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Decided to get some Automatron part mods and some of them are real good. Tiny tanks? Nice. Wheelchairs and Shopping carts for robobrain tread equivalents, reverse jointed legs, riding an eyebot? Cool. Crazy wheels much larger than the entire robot? Amazing.

Then there was the one where the mod author added robo dongs and vaginas to all his bodies :gonk:. Which really sucks because the teddy bear back launchers I saw looked interesting as hell.

E: And poo poo, was getting a crash going south from lonely chapel that I avoided by going another way, but now Diamond City is giving me a crash too. Can't think of anything that would cause it, either.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 18, 2020

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
So what are the more or less go-to mods these days? I haven't played FO4 in ages and finally picked up the DLCs. Basically looking for a vanilla plus run.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i recommend this

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/46101?tab=description

works as described right out the box, no fuss no muss

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Does F4SE launch through MOO?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted:

Does F4SE launch through MOO?

Yes add it as a new exe in MO2. For MO2 you have to launch literally everything through it for any of it to work. Otherwise the game / whatever program will just see a plain vanilla version of Fallout 4 due to the MO2 virtual file system.

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
Oh hey...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4-P6M0iDn4

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/47976

Sim settlements 2 officially released to the nexus

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Guess it's time for a new run. Maybe this is the one I'll actually finish the game with.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
drat I wanna try sim settlements 2 but dunno if I can face starting a mod list from scratch.

I hope someone makes a wabbajack pack for it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Taeke posted:

Guess it's time for a new run. Maybe this is the one I'll actually finish the game with.

The only caveat I know right this second is none of the other SS1 mods are ported, like conquest/RoC, this is just the new settlements with all the features in Chen's video

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I never really bothered with all that (yet) anyway. Like I said, I've never even finished the main quest of the game. Farthest I've gotten is finding Virgil and doing his first quest to get the gizmo. Usually at that point I'm so overpowered and I've been playing for so long I kinda get bored with the game for a while (couple of months) until I get the itch again, but then I always want to start fresh.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

cheesetriangles posted:

Yes add it as a new exe in MO2. For MO2 you have to launch literally everything through it for any of it to work. Otherwise the game / whatever program will just see a plain vanilla version of Fallout 4 due to the MO2 virtual file system.

Thanks! Somehow missed that dropdown menu entirely.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

aw dammit i dont want to muck up my current setup but this is awfully tempting

curious how the new gameplay feels. in all my sims runs i never really got into tech trees or the settlements side quests cause it was all a bit obtuse to me

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

aw dammit i dont want to muck up my current setup but this is awfully tempting

curious how the new gameplay feels. in all my sims runs i never really got into tech trees or the settlements side quests cause it was all a bit obtuse to me
My current playthrough I ended up with a "hydration research assistant" quest which is incredibly vague about what you are actually supposed to do or how to tell if you are progressing it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Well settlements 2 coming out right when FO4 is also having a big sale. You can get the GOTY version for 17 bucks.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Real tempted to make an SS2-centric mod list since Horizon 1.9 isn't out yet, tbh

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Is the OP in this thread as hopelessly outdated as the ones in other Bethesda/Bethesda-adjacent modding threads? With New Vegas the OP is basically useless by now, for example.

I've been considering doing a close-to-vanilla-but-slightly-edited playthrough, and I'm wondering what I should/shouldn't pick.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Is the OP in this thread as hopelessly outdated as the ones in other Bethesda/Bethesda-adjacent modding threads? With New Vegas the OP is basically useless by now, for example.

I've been considering doing a close-to-vanilla-but-slightly-edited playthrough, and I'm wondering what I should/shouldn't pick.
The "last edited" date on the op is in april this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

SS2 is amazing but has a number of bugs right now (as should be expected).

Still, it's hilariously better than a large chunk of Bethesda's own DLC for the game, so that's a thing.