Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Roethlisberger is gonna be CPOTY unless Alex Smith makes the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mega64 posted:

I was honestly surprised the Saints let him go, he seemed like he'd be a solid successor to Brees, but I guess there's limits to even the Saints' cap bullshit.

ah but you see, Taysom Hill needed a big money contract

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Tony Dungy continues to be a terrible human being

https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyDung...-141801358.html

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Didn’t bridge water sign a long term 25 million a year deal? That ain’t something you can pay a backup when you already up against the hard cap. Would have had to cut Brees, the right move

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Mega64 posted:

I was honestly surprised the Saints let him go, he seemed like he'd be a solid successor to Brees, but I guess there's limits to even the Saints' cap bullshit.

Next year will certainly be the test.

As next year they are projected to be 78 million over, and if Brees retires it only reduces that to 42 million over.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

D-LINK posted:

Roethlisberger is gonna be CPOTY unless Alex Smith makes the playoffs.

Oh yeah I forgot about the rapist.

wandler20 posted:

Comeback from what exactly?

He was a backup last year who went 5-1 while posting great numbers.

Perhaps, MVP is the award you're looking for?

Steve Smith had to share it with a player who didn't miss a game the previous season.

The award is all about narrative and he's the first human to play football after touching his knee to his ankle.

MVP works too eat poo poo forever russ

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Teddy Bridgewater is an all-time great NFL name imo

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

Steve Smith had to share it with a player who didn't miss a game the previous season.

Ugh, gently caress Bruschi forever.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fartknocker posted:

Ugh, gently caress Bruschi forever.

Didn't Bruschi come back from a stroke?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

a neat cape posted:

Didn't Bruschi come back from a stroke?

Yes and he was never the same.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
uh cpoty was cam's the second he signed

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
You shouldn’t have to come back from something exactly one year ago to be eligible for Comeback Player of the Year.

Bridgewater had a devastating injury and is playing like a Pro Bowler. He’s also not a Trumpfriend or a rapist.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah Rivera sucks, OP. Also they're lying about Allen he was loving knocked out cold.

Also gotta be CPOTY right?

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsHQ/status/1315696871768305665?s=20

The more he plays the more baffled I am at how the raiders beat him

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Raiders might be good.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
like maybe our defense isn't the trash fire we thought it was and they've just been playing good quarterbacks??

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Raiders might be good.

The raiders always exist in a quantum superposition of good and not good, neither one nor the other

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Slowpoke! posted:

You shouldn’t have to come back from something exactly one year ago to be eligible for Comeback Player of the Year.

Bridgewater had a devastating injury and is playing like a Pro Bowler. He’s also not a Trumpfriend or a rapist.

He is also one of the nicest coolest guys on the planet.

Go get em Teddy :unsmith:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

hosed up fourth down call that rhule said was the coaches gently caress up.

Panthers probably win that game without the turnover on downs.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mega64 posted:

Bridgewater rides the line between perennial backup and good qb forever. The kind of guy that gives you qb controversies forever. Thats not to say he's bad, but he's clearly not "the guy" a team wants.

Dude owns on a personal level though.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Higher passer rating then Lamar in 2020 isn't a big ask

e: Actually higher then I expected

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 12, 2020

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chokes McGee posted:

It was Week 1 and there was no preseason

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Magicpants posted:

uh cpoty was cam's the second he signed

he's gonna have to pull a double CPOTY after coming back from the roni

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Slowpoke! posted:

Problem is voters are dumb and tend to think about only who is coming back from an immediate injury or issue. Teddy's injury was training camp 2016, so it might as well be ancient history for them. If Ben doesn't completely fall apart, he's likely the favorite for it for narrative bullshit reasons, with Cam right behind him (And, depending on how he comes back after COVID, might overtake him).

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So is Daks injury less or more severe than your standard ACL tear? Just for reference because you can set your watch by the recovery time for an ACL whereas ankles might be trickier.
Just seeing on ESPN right now 4-6 months :shrug:. The only reference I have is Grant Hill who went through a bunch of poo poo (start of the Magic section) but that was 20 years ago. Hopefully the Cowboys/Dallas doctors are better than the Chargers'.

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Teddy Bridgewater is an all-time great NFL name imo
Any indication he'll get into politics after playing? His name alone would win elections.

Chokes McGee posted:

like maybe our defense isn't the trash fire we thought it was and they've just been playing good quarterbacks??
I’ll be happy with middle of the road timely defense.

japtor fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 12, 2020

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

Higher passer rating then Lamar in 2020 isn't a big ask

e: Actually higher then I expected

He was just shy of a perfect rating against the Browns.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

wandler20 posted:

Comeback from what exactly?

He was a backup last year who went 5-1 while posting great numbers.

Perhaps, MVP is the award you're looking for?

Yea it feels like last year was his year to win.

Alex Smith kinda has it all locked up I would think

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/bburkeESPN/status/1315683715775967232

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

wandler20 posted:

NFLPA failed by not getting rid of the franchise tag.

They had the head of the NFLPA on some show talking about the franchise tag and his points were it wasn't seen as a problem by them. For one, it's used by a small minority of players. Those players get a fully guaranteed contract that is worth a ton of money and in the case of someone like Kirk Cousins make an absolutely obscene amount of money before eventually getting even more obscene amounts of money. If you look at the history of players getting franchised tag - according to him - most of them got a huge 1 year payday then signed an even bigger longer term contract with another team. So it's just not a problem as seen by the majority of the union. Remember, the union is mostly composed of people making the minimum, not the quarterbacks on quarter billion dollar contracts.

With that said, Dak's injury is going to suck. It's a compound fracture - still can't believe romo said it was a calf cramp when it was obvious Dak was holding on to the literal bone poking through his calf - which can get super infected as what happened to Alex Smith. and as FizFashizzle said the healing of the ankle when it fractures like that is going to be rough just due to all the stuff down there that likely also got torn.

adaz fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 12, 2020

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lol Denver

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I feel like you have to consider Matt LaFleur as a strong contender for Coach of the Year even though he went 13-3 last year and COTY typically goes to coaches who have large turnarounds in the w/l column. This Packers offense has been amazing through the first quarter of the season even despite the entire WR stable getting injured.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
broncos...big yikes

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Cards and Raiders must be switched smh

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

it's amazing how absurdly the Ravens OL regressed without Yanda

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/judybattista/status/1315678138714783745

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Why is it sacrilegious if the Super Bowl is played in March.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

After yesterday's game especially I'm not sure how Carolina is that bad.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

TV networks will bitch

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol they should be talking about adding a week 19 at this point.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a neat cape posted:

TV networks will bitch

Assert dominance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's in Tampa this year and the idiot governor of Florida is already allowing fans back, potentially at full capacity , so it wouldn't surprise me at all if the NFL thinks they can get a full stadium at the Super Bowl in February, and don't want to change the date at all.