Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What is the traditional Canadian Thanksgiving meal? I'm just assuming it involves maple syrup and Molsen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

What is the traditional Canadian Thanksgiving meal? I'm just assuming it involves maple syrup and Molsen.

Poutine with turkey on top

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

calandryll posted:

How close is sizing to normal shoe size? I need a new pair of slippers for winter that I can wear outside to chase the dog back in.

I wear a 10-10.5 US in like Nike/Vans etc and my Glerups are size 44 (translates to 11 US I think) and fit like a dream - I'd prob have fit fine into a 43 but if I were buying them again I'd get the same size, I like being able to wiggle my toesy woesies

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I got me some mushrooms and they're sprouting this morning, so drat exciting!

On GTA chat, if you already have the game just sign in every calendar month for the free million dollars, if you have Twitch Prime then link it to your Rockstar Games social club account and log in weekly for the other free $200,000/week. The Criminal masterminds starter pack is handy in that it includes money, a bunker, etc but not essential.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
A couple of previous data points:

Trabant posted:

Sample size of one, but I found their US-Euro conversion to be accurate -- 12 US on the Brannock, 46 in Glerups (which they call 12/12.5 US).

PleasusChrist posted:

I wear an 11 in most everything, so ordered the 45's (11/11.5). They are a tad big, but I think I'd rather have the extra room in case I end up with thick socks on in the winter.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

calandryll posted:

How close is sizing to normal shoe size? I need a new pair of slippers for winter that I can wear outside to chase the dog back in.

I'm typically a 6.5M/8W in US sizes and ordered a Size 38, which appeared to line up with that. It's just a smidge too big - I'm exchanging for a 37.

They're unbelievably nice on my feet in any case, but I can't stand the sliding up off my heel.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Anova Precision Oven arrived 18 hours too late to help with Thanksgiving dinner, so it’s helping with leftovers.

This confused me a lot before I realized it must be Canadian Thanksgiving.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

mystes posted:

This confused me a lot before I realized it must be Canadian Thanksgiving.

Admit it. For a second you were wondering if you'd made it to late November without noticing.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Admit it. For a second you were wondering if you'd made it to late November without noticing.

I had this moment of panic. Furthered by the fact that we just got the Halloween decorations up last night.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

Anova Precision Oven arrived 18 hours too late to help with Thanksgiving dinner, so it’s helping with leftovers.

Need a trip report please.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Subjunctive posted:

Let us all know how you like it. I've been in the market for a toaster oven and it would be cool if this could do everything relatively well. I saw Kenji unbox his and it seemed neat, that it should be able to dehydrate, proof bread, bake bread with humidity controls, get hot enough to broil, etc. I don't give a drat about air frying but it'd be nice to have something that could do everything else in addition to its actual function as a sous vide.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Is that a water reservoir on the side?

What's that for? Steaming?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah it can steam and control humidity

“To get the perfect spring, crust, and crumb in a loaf or boule, home bakers resort to hacks like water trays, spritzers, and dutch ovens. Our hack? Real, controllable steam injection. With the magic of steam, you’ll watch through the glass as your sourdough springs up, without all those stressful hacks. And the easy-fill external water tank will keep you cooking with 24 hours of continuous steam, no plumbing (or spritzers) required.“

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Subjunctive posted:

Also, got the girlfriend a new car (not this exact one/trim, but close)

That's one hell of an oven my friend, I'm extremely jealous.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Edit. Forgot to refresh, calendar question answered. drat, that steam function seems super nifty and I’m super jealous.

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 00:54 on Oct 13, 2020

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Solice Kirsk posted:

Pretty much the same as in the US, really.

Smoked the turkey this year, turned out great.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

calandryll posted:

I ordered my regular shoe size, US 11 (EU 45), and they fit great. At first they were a little narrow on my wide feet, but they broke in crazy fast and now they're amazing.

And if you do a lot of dog chasing, you may want to spring for the rubber soles.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Got a paperwhite

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

dreesemonkey posted:

Yep, I'm just getting into disc golf so I can't offer much of an opinion other than I like it. My son and I have been out every day since playing around the yard. Now I just need to get more putters for practice putting.

It’s a good choice and buying putters is fun. I picked up a shield to try because I liked the stamp

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Pick posted:

Got a paperwhite

I also bought a Paperwhite. My 12 year old kindle is kaput.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Got my first couple pairs of Darn Tough Socks.

Everything they say about them is true. They're unbelievably comfy. It's a struggle to not order another 4 pairs right now

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Not a Children posted:

Got my first couple pairs of Darn Tough Socks.

Everything they say about them is true. They're unbelievably comfy. It's a struggle to not order another 4 pairs right now

I put first pair on and immediately bought another pair because I loved them so much.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Oddhair posted:

I got me some mushrooms and they're sprouting this morning, so drat exciting!

On GTA chat, if you already have the game just sign in every calendar month for the free million dollars, if you have Twitch Prime then link it to your Rockstar Games social club account and log in weekly for the other free $200,000/week. The Criminal masterminds starter pack is handy in that it includes money, a bunker, etc but not essential.

Mushrooms sceeve me the absolute gently caress out and I don't know why.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
It's because they're halfway between plant and animal cells.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

TraderStav posted:

Mushrooms sceeve me the absolute gently caress out and I don't know why.

Death as a lifeform

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Aramek posted:

It's because they're halfway between plant and animal cells.

Having a noticeably sized living thing in your yard that isn’t plant or animal is cool as hell.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Didn’t get the AirPods Pro? The noise cancellation and transparency mode are so nice.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

They just seemed mega expensive for occasional use. I used my SRH1540s 90% of the time. I used these ones this week to drive to the Nurburgring and back in a racing car and it made my life pleasant and I could still take calls because some how they magically eliminate aboit 120 decibels of diff whine, tyre and engine roar.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
The fitting of the Pros is what makes it an essential upgrade to me. I really appreciate the noise cancelling as well, but that's second to having a solid fit.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Taco Bell chicken chalupa combo and a beefy 5 layer burrito.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The original AirPods fit my ears better than the pro :shrug:

Coffee And Pie has a new favorite as of 20:25 on Oct 14, 2020

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Rolo posted:

Taco Bell chicken chalupa combo and a beefy 5 layer burrito.

I didn’t realize Taco Bell had anything actually left on their menu, I just assumed the whole thing was nuked

For content, bought some Phillips Hue strip lights on sale at Best Buy, and a few bags of quick set cement, traffic cone, and a trenching shovel to funnel it down into vinyl fence post sleeves

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Purchased this and convinced a group of friends to do the same and it's a blast to play with voice chat. We are ready for this winter's lockdown

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dear lord. Trying to find a cheap gaming headset that isn't covered in stupid loving LED lights is near impossible. I'm buying it to use exactly one time, but I just can't bring myself to buy something that looks so stupid. And I once bought a Korg Electribe! So, you know, I have a high tolerance for stupid looking poo poo covered in LEDs.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Dear lord. Trying to find a cheap gaming headset that isn't covered in stupid loving LED lights is near impossible. I'm buying it to use exactly one time, but I just can't bring myself to buy something that looks so stupid. And I once bought a Korg Electribe! So, you know, I have a high tolerance for stupid looking poo poo covered in LEDs.

The HyperX Cloud II is a normal staple of entry-level gaming headset posts. Has a big dumb logo on it but no stupid LEDS other than on the little volume control module. Typically goes for ~$90 but sometimes dips below 70 if you're patient.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Thanks to someone in this thread some time back I have purchased a place to hang my headphones. Thanks for the link whoever you were.

Better than just knocking around on my desk.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Bought a couple of 12TB external drives because I needed to retire some old, tiny ones and they're on sale for $175 each :stonk:

Prime Day was the initial reason for the discount, but now BestBuy and Newegg price match that poo poo and are still selling them for $175 (Amazon apparently changed the price back):

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-12tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/6425301.p?skuId=6425301
https://www.newegg.com/black-wd-elements-12tb/p/N82E16822234406

They're apparently shuckable so you can put them in your tower or NAS, as nature intended :corsair:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
A 250 amp mig welder, 3 phase:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why does it have to be a "gaming" headset? Can't you get a Jabra headset or something? Or really any buds/mic combos you used to get with phones if it's for one time use.