Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Dalmuti posted:

sell me on hole squad

Imagine a bunch of heavily armed morons piling out of a clown car and shooting up absolutely everything in their general vicinity.

That's Hole Squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This Hole Squad was made for me

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

evilweasel posted:

It's only an exploit to the extent you do it enough to cause lag, a very "eye of the beholder" thing.

i did fewer than 25 cans and i got reported for it

it's a defacto exploit if done intentionally, and anyone reports you.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

evilweasel posted:

a very "eye of the beholder" thing

they eat rotten shark in iceland I'm not trusting them eyes

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i did fewer than 25 cans and i got reported for it

it's a defacto exploit if done intentionally, and anyone reports you.

To be fair, CCP (or certain people at CCP) hold/held things you do/did to a different standard than the average eve player. Not saying that's right or fair, but you've pissed some people at CCP off by poking holes in their game, and then loving those holes until they bleed.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dalmuti posted:

sell me on hole squad

Phlegmish posted:

This Hole Squad was made for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeFNQGqdvEg

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

andromache posted:

To be fair, CCP (or certain people at CCP) hold/held things you do/did to a different standard than the average eve player. Not saying that's right or fair, but you've pissed some people at CCP off by poking holes in their game, and then loving those holes until they bleed.

possibly

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

Imagine a bunch of heavily armed morons piling out of a clown car and shooting up absolutely everything in their general vicinity.

That's Hole Squad.

well poo poo, I'm sold

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

can you clone jump into and out of holes or no

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

can you clone jump into and out of holes or no

No.
Since citadels you can change your clone while in the hole which is a plus, for poors at least.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Malefitz posted:

No.
Since citadels you can change your clone while in the hole which is a plus, for poors at least.

not just for poors. since as a WH corp you're basically always working at a numbers disadvantage to whoever you're dropping in on, specialized clones become pretty critical to certain doctrines in order to squeeze the most out of them. at minimum any WHer wants a set of slaves they can jump in and out of, and probably snakes.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Alternative introduction to HS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gS05lWy9Ko

Mimi gets some love in this one...

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Alternative introduction to HS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gS05lWy9Ko

Mimi gets some love in this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42Q_nZNZkp4

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
literally the day i went on vacation they dropped the first keep, then lost another, then dropped a third and lost it while i was heading home, amazing stuff, hi5s all around

anyway i'm back, should be charged up for another three months or so; was on full burn mode from mid-june when we sussed out their plans until last sunday heh :coolfish:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Unreal that that was five years ago.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Sample Text

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Numismancer posted:

literally the day i went on vacation they dropped the first keep, then lost another, then dropped a third and lost it while i was heading home, amazing stuff, hi5s all around

anyway i'm back, should be charged up for another three months or so; was on full burn mode from mid-june when we sussed out their plans until last sunday heh :coolfish:

Go on vacation again. I want more keepstar kills.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Numismancer posted:

great, dad is home and this place is a MESS

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
there's an astrahus in 1DH right below the goon fort fitted to kill subcaps and we have tried to kill it like 3 times now and can't do it.

You need more than like 10 people, and that's all we ever can seem to muster drawing only from the hellcamp

Stereotype fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 13, 2020

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

it was a metagame kill, not an actual kill. hth, brs are basically risk free, and ejecting cans/drones around gates is an exploit

Wouldn't smart bombing battleships be a risk? Or would the gate radius be too big?

Grapefist
Feb 11, 2007

*Beep Boop*
I AM a robot
*Beep Boop*

Numismancer posted:

I have it on good authority, from Reddit, that Asher nearly bankrupted us while you were away. Can't wait to see your reaction to our imminent poverty!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I vote if we evacuate we can just move in to the new trig systems

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Grapefist posted:

I have it on good authority, from Reddit, that Asher nearly bankrupted us while you were away. Can't wait to see your reaction to our imminent poverty!

i was really surprised to see how high the wallet was, i expected a bunch worse but apparently we sold some goo and the boys at gship have gotten super efficient at mass-stockpiling poo poo for minimum impact on our bottom line?

really strange to go away for a week and like, everything worked out great and nothing is on fire and everyone is delighted and morale is sky-high and the bads don't know what the gently caress to do - you guys did fantastic, seriously.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Wouldn't smart bombing battleships be a risk? Or would the gate radius be too big?

no, you'd need a minimum of 4 (likely 8+) smartbombing battleships, who don't gently caress up toguarentee a kill that has a 90% chance of carrying under 100mil

i have a way of killing BRs though I think i'll petition CCP about and do once this whole triglav stuff settles down

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Numismancer posted:

i was really surprised to see how high the wallet was, i expected a bunch worse but apparently we sold some goo and the boys at gship have gotten super efficient at mass-stockpiling poo poo for minimum impact on our bottom line?

really strange to go away for a week and like, everything worked out great and nothing is on fire and everyone is delighted and morale is sky-high and the bads don't know what the gently caress to do - you guys did fantastic, seriously.

That's when you know you've built a hell of an organization, you can go away for a week on vacation and come back and everything is still running fine.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Speaking of trig stuff “settling down”, this sounds nuts:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/j9vah6/new_triglavian_region_map_assembled_from/

quote:

Final Liminality systems now form a meta-region called Pochven: https://i.imgur.com/0xVIVha.png

Old stargates are shut down with visible wreckage (no K-Space connections!)

New Triglavian gates connect the systems internally, controlled by Trig standings

27 systems total, divided into 3 constellations with 9 systems each

1 constellation for each of the 3 Trig "Clades"/factions, with a capital system in each

Capital systems contain an "Anchorage" that's large enough to dock World Arks

NPC stations remain with old names, but with Trig ownership and agents removed

Special star models that refer to their previous type and history of getting transmuted

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gate access being controlled by trig standings will make moving around a bit rough. Any group wanting to move in there is going to need +5 to trigs in order to not be disadvantaged to people living in there.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Double posting to wonder: how will asset safety work for this? It seems insane that CCP have made a bunch of changes over the last few months that absolutely screw over things they’ve said were absolutely safe for so long. I’d hope you could asset safety all your stuff out, but even then you’re paying, what, 10% for stuff that you left in a high sec station because it’s high sec, and now all of a sudden it’s something completely and bizarrely different.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Rumor is that we have lowered SRP. Was the plan just not to mention it?

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Sickening posted:

Reading is fundamental

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

Reading is fundamental

Read what? Point me to the right place and I will be happy to read it.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Just look at the payout numbers on the website you use to apply for SRP. Also this post: https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/295021-goonwaffe-supplemental-srp/?p=8861386

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

Reading is fundamental

I seriously hope you don't mean the reply in the middle of a dead thread was the only place you were planning on putting out that info lmao.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
100% bonus was kind of stupid high. I mean, I'd take it but c'mon.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

I seriously hope you don't mean the reply in the middle of a dead thread was the only place you were planning on putting out that info lmao.

Apparently everyone found out so I guess it's fine.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Sickening posted:

Jabber ping, your Corp forum, the payout site...lmao pay attention to something.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

100% bonus was kind of stupid high. I mean, I'd take it but c'mon.

i hear there's a new financial wunderkind posting in this very thread who can help your financial situation

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

Jabber ping, your Corp forum, the payout site...lmao pay attention to something.

Jabber history isn't showing it from the last 3 days. The forum reply was proceeded by a post from july. I guess its totally possible to discover this by doing math on the SRP site but :effort:

Its like not even a big deal. Seems really weird way to communicate it all.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 13, 2020

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Sickening posted:

Whatever, the 'was the plan just not mention it?' is passive-aggressive as gently caress given it's been mentioned all over the place and Goons still get 100% reimbursement + 25% bonus money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

squirrelzipper posted:

Whatever, the 'was the plan just not mention it?' is passive-aggressive as gently caress given it's been mentioned all over the place and Goons still get 100% reimbursement + 25% bonus money.

If you are telling me I can't be passive aggressive on something awful dot com you got another thing coming. :colbert: