Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

jesus WEP posted:

I used to get a lot of email spam from epic about account hacking attempts. Not so coincidentally it started exactly when Fortnite started to catch on. It ended as soon as I enabled 2FA on my account.

2FA is enabled. That’s why I’m getting the emails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I actually thought about this last night and I had the same problem a couple of years ago for a few months. At the time I think that I owned literally one game on Epic, and I was afraid to touch anything because I was concerned about phishing. It went away after a while and I have no recollection of ever doing anything.

I have to use 2FA at work and it annoys the poo poo out of me, so I have no idea to do it with a game service that I never use.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

FM 2021 drops November 24th PC
December for Xbox and Switch

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

LionYeti posted:

FM 2021 drops November 24th PC
December for Xbox and Switch

:toot:

Edit: :coronatoot: I guess the only new features are that it will be available for consoles. I've seen nothing from SI about any actual new features.

XBenedict fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 24, 2020

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
New features: no gate receipts

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
phwoar imagine playing my favourite spreadsheet game on an Xbox

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Maybe I can take control of my wingers and have them loving SQUARE THE BALL TO THE OPEN PLAYER INSTEAD OF SHOOT AND MISS SHORT SIDE

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Azhais posted:

New features: no gate receipts

I actually wonder how they're gonna handle the covid thing other than ignore it and just maybe have the seasons start later like real life before shifting to normal from season 2 onwards.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

no they're going to simulate it with incredible fidelity. players have a chance to catch it from irresponsible partying/traveling, but the chance decreases with a higher professionalism stat. if a player catches it and their training or mentorship plan regularly puts them near particular other players, those players have a high chance of catching it as well. if a first-team player turns out to have it after playing a match, both teams have to be quarantined. this will be the most unplayable installment yet

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

XBenedict posted:

:toot:

Edit: :coronatoot: I guess the only new features are that it will be available for consoles. I've seen nothing from SI about any actual new features.

They're dropping info about the new features in October sometime.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Game will be bad but I will still put 1000 hours into it

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010

Slotducks posted:

Maybe I can take control of my wingers and have them loving SQUARE THE BALL TO THE OPEN PLAYER INSTEAD OF SHOOT AND MISS SHORT SIDE

Or when your striker is in a one on one and spoons it tamely into the keeper's arms for the trillionth time.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

AttitudeAdjuster posted:

Or when your striker is in a one on one and spoons it tamely into the keeper's arms for the trillionth time.

It’s your tactics, mate.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Weedle posted:

no they're going to simulate it with incredible fidelity. players have a chance to catch it from irresponsible partying/traveling, but the chance decreases with a higher professionalism stat. if a player catches it and their training or mentorship plan regularly puts them near particular other players, those players have a high chance of catching it as well. if a first-team player turns out to have it after playing a match, both teams have to be quarantined. this will be the most unplayable installment yet

Miles rolls a die against your player's injury proneness score. Send player home y/n?

Wouldn't be surprised if covid-19 wasn't in the injuries list but the effects on the game have to be.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Weedle posted:

mls folds in 2023 because too many americans refuse the vaccine, we never get the virus under control and 2/3 of the teams can’t survive without gate receipts

FC Dallas's time to shine!

They have no fans anyway

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So I was watching another steam with someone jerking off about their 6'8" CD, I have a question

In terms of fm, does height actually matter or is it entirely jumping reach based? Like if 6'8" guy has a 14 and a 5'3" Muggsy clone has an 18, will the short man win headers?

I've always paid more attention to the stat than anything else, but just wondering how it actually works

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Azhais posted:

So I was watching another steam with someone jerking off about their 6'8" CD, I have a question

In terms of fm, does height actually matter or is it entirely jumping reach based? Like if 6'8" guy has a 14 and a 5'3" Muggsy clone has an 18, will the short man win headers?

I've always paid more attention to the stat than anything else, but just wondering how it actually works

Jumping Reach is the max height your player can reach while jumping. Height is not an additional factor in that calculation. 18 is always going to be higher than 14.

But it is factored in to deciding which part of the body a player is going to use to attack/control the ball, and whether they have to leave the ground to do it. A giant will be able to chest a pass a little fella will have to jump to reach, and that has definite effects on how they will perform.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc_ZpbNwPus

New features:

- Posing dramatically
- Dink it over the keeper 1v1
- More chances for your assistant to give you poo poo advice

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
You mean Likes To Lob Keeper actually does something now???

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eric the Mauve posted:

You mean Likes To Lob Keeper actually does something now???

Probably not. Could just be an extra 1v1 finish animation.

xG is a good addition. "Clear cut chances" is garbage.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

you say this like they haven’t just changed the label

e: and made it clearCutChances + random() - 0.5

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

jesus WEP posted:

you say this like they haven’t just changed the label

e: and made it clearCutChances + random() - 0.5

They haven't. Miles is on twitter bragging about how the formula they're using involves defender position and stuff. These are genuine advanced stats.

It's a videogame so all the info that nerds manually plug in to their xG equations irl is directly accessible.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

It looks like they have the Premier League licence as well because you can see the Leicester City badge in one of the shots. I guess that Man Utd lawsuit convinced them.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

AlbertFlasher posted:

It looks like they have the Premier League licence as well because you can see the Leicester City badge in one of the shots. I guess that Man Utd lawsuit convinced them.

I'm not so sure. Reason Leicester City badge shows because FM is a sponsor for Leicester.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

psyer posted:

I'm not so sure. Reason Leicester City badge shows because FM is a sponsor for Leicester.

Ahhh that's probably it then.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

psyer posted:

They finally realize that Watford wasn't paying off for them?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

XBenedict posted:

They finally realize that Watford wasn't paying off for them?

I guess they wanted someone in the Premier League.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
It amuses me that SI have apparently spent so much effort on their changes to Player Interactions/Press Conferences/Team Talks when I'd guess at least 85% of players are going to delegate as much as they can to their in-game staff and button-mash through the rest.
Apparently, their solution to "this poo poo is boring" is 'Here, now there's more and it's going to take longer to do if you do it properly'.

:ughh:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

kingturnip posted:

It amuses me that SI have apparently spent so much effort on their changes to Player Interactions/Press Conferences/Team Talks when I'd guess at least 85% of players are going to delegate as much as they can to their in-game staff and button-mash through the rest.
Apparently, their solution to "this poo poo is boring" is 'Here, now there's more and it's going to take longer to do if you do it properly'.

:ughh:

i kinda get their reasoning, but i still get irked when i try to praise players who are doing legitimately well and they get a morale hit cause "we have different standards"

what person behaves this way

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Karl Sharks posted:

i kinda get their reasoning, but i still get irked when i try to praise players who are doing legitimately well and they get a morale hit cause "we have different standards"

what person behaves this way

I mean with professional athletes you may or may not be surprised.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, I watched the video going "sweet, all new ways for me to not talk to my players". All I know is the quick chat option better include the ability to fist bump

Those analyst changes in the recruitment meeting could be nice tho

Lemon
May 22, 2003

algebra testes posted:

Yeah, I think I've mentioned this before but I always catch myself thinking "surely no footballer would talk or act like this" and then I remember Yaya Toure and his birthday cake.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I've got a B-Team question: Do they need to be solvent on their own, or do they just pull from the main team's finances?

Like am I dooming Schalke 04 II by hiring an expensive coach?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

algebra testes posted:

it's not that they have different standards, it's that the game tells me they took a morale hit because of that

they got sad/upset that i think they're doing well on loan, as an 18 year top scorer in their league

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My very limited experience with professional sports is players having unrealistically high expectations for themselves and need to motivate themselves to do better and can only do that by being told they can do better.

Basically there are people that never want to be told they are doing a good job.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

algebra testes posted:

My very limited experience with professional sports is players having unrealistically high expectations for themselves and need to motivate themselves to do better and can only do that by being told they can do better.

Basically there are people that never want to be told they are doing a good job.

Yes, but for every one of those there are 30 people that always want ~Positive Reinforcement~ and never want to be criticized.

It's not that "footballers are touchy insecure divas and FO models that" is wrong per se but the way FO models it is bad and dumb. Praising a player's performance and having his response be "oh yeah, if you think I'm so great why am I only getting second choice playing time, gently caress you", or "yeah I know how good I am, now give me a new loving contract or sell me, you goddamn cheapskate", or "I'd play even better if you'd quit working me like a sweatshop slave in training, rear end in a top hat", yes, that would be realistic. Praising a player's performance and getting "I can do way better than that, gently caress you" is stupid, but it's the only response you ever get, unless you're lucky enough to have an ultra professional player that will actually respond positively to it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

algebra testes posted:

Not an athlete, but I am one of those people; it can be a death knell if it goes too far, though, and it's one of the main things that sports psychologists deal with. I had a professional experience some years ago where I did some genuinely fantastic work and lost my job for extremely bullshit reasons, and it totally changed me because it made me realise that one can do incredible things while critics are too stupid to notice.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I only ever praise the player I get an item about after the game, and they're usually happy enough with it.
The trap is definitely the training feedback - trying to remember who I've praised in recent weeks so they only get 1 "Great job in training" per month is a ball-ache, but if you're going to praise for training, you need to keep track of it or you will piss your most professional players off.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

kingturnip posted:

I only ever praise the player I get an item about after the game, and they're usually happy enough with it.
The trap is definitely the training feedback - trying to remember who I've praised in recent weeks so they only get 1 "Great job in training" per month is a ball-ache, but if you're going to praise for training, you need to keep track of it or you will piss your most professional players off.
Seeminly you can always poo poo on whoever tops the Bad Training list, I’ve never had anything but a mea culpa from that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Disappointed with their lazy stance on covid modelling.