Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Where the heck do I get 5e sources for pcgen?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 19:14 on Oct 13, 2020

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

rap music posted:

Where the heck do I get 5e sources for pcgen?!

The same place you get datasets for any system for pcgen

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Nice to see Aku at a time when he was alive

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Nice to see Aku at a time when he was alive

Is life without beer truly life?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BonHair posted:

Is life without beer truly life?

Ask me again at 3:00.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

dregan posted:

I'm currently new-DMing the 5e starter set, specifically Phandelver, and the first time Wave Echo Cave got mentioned by name a party member supplied "far away in time". We just had a bit of a laugh, I didn't know I was missing out on tumblr clout
You have been blessed with "Party that works together and moves along and doesn't have a Chaotic Spotlight aligned player"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Unstoppable force meets immovable object

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm pretty sure that's a duck in the second photo, not a goose

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Who What Now posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a duck in the second photo, not a goose

It's cool, geese are just jumbo ducks.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

It's cool, geese are just jumbo ducks.

What the gently caress

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Sometimes a mama duck lays a bigger egg. Those eggs hatch into geese.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

no geese evolve from ducks once they get enough XP points

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Azhais posted:

The same place you get datasets for any system for pcgen

The pcg installer only includes the dang 5.1 reference sheet and no supplements :(

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dungeon Ecology posted:

The evolution is duck > goose > swan

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Dungeon Ecology posted:

No thats swans

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The plural of geese is gooses you dipshits

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

what the gently caress

how much did I waste on college only to learn what truly matters later in life

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

rap music posted:

The pcg installer only includes the dang 5.1 reference sheet and no supplements :(

Which is why you go to bahamut dragon's github page

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

That's me whenever a movie or TV show uses this alarm, which was the most effective sound to get sleepy teenage me out of bed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77S70NhRoBc

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Azhais posted:

Which is why you go to bahamut dragon's github page

I did but there are no pcg compatible 5e files! I’m probably just very stupid!

e: figured it out :D

rap music has a new favorite as of 01:16 on Oct 14, 2020

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

#NotMyGodEmperorOfTube

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That's me whenever a movie or TV show uses this alarm, which was the most effective sound to get sleepy teenage me out of bed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77S70NhRoBc

I can't remember which movie it was but Tony Stark's message sound in one of them is the same as the Steam notification sound. I was watching it one night, in my cups, and when it went off I ended up opening Steam to see who was messaging me, completely missing the point that if Steam wasn't open, no one was messaging me on it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sunset from Australia
https://i.imgur.com/YhMwyNx.mp4

I posted that in January, and ate a 6 hour probe. I'm glad things have changed, and that you didn't get probated, because that is one of my favorites. WOOMCH!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The evolution is duck > goose > swan

If you use a nugget stone on your duck it can evolve down the chicken > turkey line instead

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Incels are pretty disproportionately suburban white kids whose parents gave them no adequate preparation for functioning as a member of society in their boomer malaise

My understanding is they're actually more minority heavy than the general US population. This is a sign they're running into some genuine socioeconomic problem, since it appears white privilege insulates men from going incel.

Of course the problem (late stage capitalism + internet poisoning) isnt what they think it is (women having agency), and their reaction to it is unforgivably awful, so they should all go in a volcano.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

There is often a socioeconomic aspect to inceldom, it's just not necessarily a state of abject poverty. The average incel is a student, a NEET, or working some other low status job: they feel that they lack *status* among their peer group of men and women. I feel like there aren't too many incels who have otherwise functioning professional and social lives, maybe I'm wrong

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I knew a techbro that was pulling six figures that was a self-proclaimed incel. Didn't look "weird" or anything like they think they do, just had bad body dysmorphia. We tried to set him up on dates but he refused and really had a mental block or lack of confidence on top of body issues as best as I could tell. Lost touch with him the split second I started dating someone (he unfriended me on social media) and haven't thought about him in years.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I imagine the incels of higher socioeconomic status act out their misogyny in less obvious and explosive ways than mass shootings.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TheWeepingHorse posted:

There is often a socioeconomic aspect to inceldom, it's just not necessarily a state of abject poverty. The average incel is a student, a NEET, or working some other low status job: they feel that they lack *status* among their peer group of men and women. I feel like there aren't too many incels who have otherwise functioning professional and social lives, maybe I'm wrong
:hmmyes:

frogge posted:

I knew a techbro that was pulling six figures that was a self-proclaimed incel. Didn't look "weird" or anything like they think they do, just had bad body dysmorphia. We tried to set him up on dates but he refused and really had a mental block or lack of confidence on top of body issues as best as I could tell. Lost touch with him the split second I started dating someone (he unfriended me on social media) and haven't thought about him in years.
As an ASD person who runs ASD support groups, this dude sounds like he might have been in denial of being on the spectrum--or more likely have no idea he was on the spectrum, he just knew there was something "wrong" with him that kept coming up--and actively running away from situations which would force him to confront his limits in stark, terrifying reality. No shade on it really, it's really sad. Sometimes financial success can be the worst because it shines relief on all the areas the "winner" is lacking, and while I only know this dude from 3 sentences, he sounds very familiar. ASD Incels are super common because they lack support structures and any "daddy" figure will do, and we actually have an entire protocol that ranges from gentle redirection to straight up "you are the equivalent of a brainwashed cultist and we are sorry but we do not have the resources to deworm your brain."

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I imagine the incels of higher socioeconomic status act out their misogyny in less obvious and explosive ways than mass shootings.
Yeah once you have the institutional authority to kick people around and/or hire sex workers, you graduate to a different level of pseudo-sociopathy.

Meme tax of incel memes:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
So what do you call someone who has a healthy social circle that includes plenty of women, has healthy attitudes towards women and has no trouble socializing with, working with, and working for women, takes care of them-self and eats well and gets exercise, and makes good efforts to try to go on dates and meet women, yet can't seem to get beyond more than a couple dates and gets rejected over and over despite putting in their best effort. Like, involuntarily celibate, but without all the negative and toxic bullshit that incels believe.

Because that's pretty much me. :smith:

wontondestruction
Dec 3, 2012

I'm a piece of human waste who supports a culture of using gendered slurs, that leads to 78.1% of women in STEM fields experiencing sexual harassment

Master Twig posted:

So what do you call someone who has a healthy social circle that includes plenty of women, has healthy attitudes towards women and has no trouble socializing with, working with, and working for women, takes care of them-self and eats well and gets exercise, and makes good efforts to try to go on dates and meet women, yet can't seem to get beyond more than a couple dates and gets rejected over and over despite putting in their best effort. Like, involuntarily celibate, but without all the negative and toxic bullshit that incels believe.

"Not an SA person" is the technical term.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Master Twig posted:

The wrong sexual orientation, heyoooo

But nah, really, that poo poo happens sometimes! Statistical outliers aren't anything to worry about, just keep on truckin' and don't get sour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Master Twig posted:

Maybe the bolded part isn't as true as you think it is.