Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Master Twig posted:

So what do you call someone who has a healthy social circle that includes plenty of women, has healthy attitudes towards women and has no trouble socializing with, working with, and working for women, takes care of them-self and eats well and gets exercise, and makes good efforts to try to go on dates and meet women, yet can't seem to get beyond more than a couple dates and gets rejected over and over despite putting in their best effort. Like, involuntarily celibate, but without all the negative and toxic bullshit that incels believe.

Because that's pretty much me. :smith:

You do that for over a decade with no luck and then suddenly you find someone that you work with and it all clicks.

At least that's what happened for me. Those years really sucked though, but you just gotta power through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

ranbo das posted:

You do that for over a decade with no luck and then suddenly you find someone that you work with and it all clicks.

At least that's what happened for me. Those years really sucked though, but you just gotta power through.

Yep, second that.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Oh god thank you for reminding me I haven’t had to hear my coworker’s phone do that since covid hit (because telework not that she’s dead)

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

ranbo das posted:

It’s this. I always told myself that all is fair in love and war. Dating is a rough numbers game. Especially these days with bumble and tinder and all. Remember if they are not interested in you after the first or second date, they’re the wrong fit for you! No shame in that. Just keep on keeping on and some day you’ll find the right one. I would recommend trying to learn from every experience though. Learn if any actions or ways you communicated might have come off wrong, but also learn what YOU like and don’t like in a person and what qualities in a person really help you shine as your own true self! Also keep working on your own qualities that others might like in you. Your physical and mental Heath. Maintaining mental fitness so you can bring happiness into a relationship is so often forgotten. The purpose of relationships is not to glean happiness out of the other person, but to share both people’s happiness into a common core. You have to be happy first before you can ever be happy with someone else. Some day you’ll notice that someone you meet not only is really exemplifying all you learned about others, but matching all you learned about who and what you like in a mate, and it will just pop.

Have fun and don’t sweat it.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Also a lot of people are just boring and don’t “do” memes and can’t poo poo post to save their life and that’s the majority, really. It’s hard to find someone who’s actually cool and gets loss.jpg. My wife does. Hell, she rocks at shitposting and shares the most dank DS9 memes. I love her even more for it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

ranbo das posted:

Thirding this. Not quite a decade, but I started late and had to go through some actual abusive relationships which imo don't count.

Also, be comfortable being deliberately single. Like, explicitly, deliberately, happy with your own company and not looking for more than that. You'll be surprised what the universe does to foil you.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

ranbo das posted:

You have my axe. I mean that is how it worked out for me as well. Chin up, hard up goon.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Master Twig posted:

So what do you call someone who has a healthy social circle that includes plenty of women, has healthy attitudes towards women and has no trouble socializing with, working with, and working for women, takes care of them-self and eats well and gets exercise, and makes good efforts to try to go on dates and meet women, yet can't seem to get beyond more than a couple dates and gets rejected over and over despite putting in their best effort. Like, involuntarily celibate, but without all the negative and toxic bullshit that incels believe.

Just a guess, but it's more common than you think: are you waiting until the third or fourth date to mention the series of war crimes you committed in Bosnia? Because women hate that. Just be upfront, and if they don't like it, they aren't the one for you!

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I just caught up with the thread, and pages have passed, but I must let it be known I was not exasperated at Duneposting, . I have no trouble with Dune.

I was irritated at the meme that was using autistic as an insult, I think that's really lovely, but forgot to update and the other post was caught in the crossfire.

Please let not the good name of Dune be besmirched.

Here's a twitter of Dune memes for you in supplication:

https://twitter.com/DankDuneMemes?s=09

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Have fun and don’t sweat it.

I highlight this part because I can say that I found it hard to have fun, esp. with dates that I thought went well, but then didn't go any further. It... It can be really sad/crushing to try and open oneself up, only for it to be not reciprocated. I can definitely understand (though not condone AT ALL) at becoming bitter over it. The only thing I could suggest is to be yourself (and not the 'yourself' that one is at work or at a social situation that expects specific behaviours) sincerely. Sincerity, and not just being truthful, but being unapologetically open, really helps.

And then there is the times when you recognize that the sincere type of yourself isn't necessarily who you want to be. That's a tougher thing to deal with, and is hard to do. But I feel it's not exactly relevant here. At least not just yet.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

The reason why incels tend to stay that way is the way their (understandable) frustration at dating and life in general turns into a poisonous attitude of entitlement. No-one wants to have anything to do with a person who thinks they are entitled to their "fair share" of someone's affection. The tragedy of course is that once you go down that path, it's very unlikely that you'll ever become self-aware enough to correct yourself on that. As long as you keep increasing the odds in your favor by working on yourself, and don't allow yourself to become bitter, someone's bound to turn up eventually. Most probably right when you least expect it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

I found my partner on shitposting discord server when dealing with difficult relationship at the time, you will find the right person eventually, just don't try to work bad relationships with no future like I used to, not worth the nerves even when you are desperate for any human warmth like I used to

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Blind Rasputin posted:

Also a lot of people are just boring and don’t “do” memes and can’t poo poo post to save their life and that’s the majority, really. It’s hard to find someone who’s actually cool and gets loss.jpg. My wife does. Hell, she rocks at shitposting and shares the most dank DS9 memes. I love her even more for it.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

:hmmyes:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is rude to solicit other posters for threesomes.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Master Twig posted:

contrary to the "supportive" advice posts above, soulmates aren't real and there is more to life than getting laid if you allow it.

but

when masturbation's lost its fun you're loving lonely.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I imagine the incels of higher socioeconomic status act out their misogyny in less obvious and explosive ways than mass shootings.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Incredible

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

And these were... drawn from life?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Draw me like one of your Cool Esses

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Where's Luke?

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Blind Rasputin posted:

I guess I'm lucky, but memes have been like way-of-life and a low-pressure way of staying in touch and making my dates laugh when we're apart.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Lincoln posted:

Where's Luke?

Which one, the regular or Bigger Luke?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Krowley posted:

Luuke Skywalker.

Edit: NOT Luuuke.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

One More Fat Nerd posted:

My understanding is they're actually more minority heavy than the general US population. This is a sign they're running into some genuine socioeconomic problem, since it appears white privilege insulates men from going incel.

Of course the problem (late stage capitalism + internet poisoning) isnt what they think it is (women having agency), and their reaction to it is unforgivably awful, so they should all go in a volcano.

A death befitting virgins

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Somfin posted:

Thirding this. Not quite a decade, but I started late and had to go through some actual abusive relationships which imo don't count.

Also, be comfortable being deliberately single. Like, explicitly, deliberately, happy with your own company and not looking for more than that. You'll be surprised what the universe does to foil you.

Yup, got married in my mid 30s to a great partner after being mopey about it since high school. Just focus on enjoying your freedom and making ill-advised choices before you have responsibilities to another person.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Finally got around to watching Deadwood and, well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWPcXZJV694

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Maybe the bolded part isn't as true as you think it is.

Yeah, you could be running into a socialization issue that you're unaware of. Also, just gonna throw it out there, even a hint of desperation is extremely unappealing to most women.

I would've guessed you might be shooting too high, attractiveness wise, but if you're actually getting first/second dates thats not normally the case.

Just keep a good attitude and keep trying.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Finally got around to watching Deadwood and, well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWPcXZJV694

:hmmyes:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Krowley posted:

Wow. I was not expecting to find a new dumbest loving thing on the internet today.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Master Twig posted:

I can almost guarantee you're putting too much pressure on them. The solution to bad luck in dating is often dating several people at once and not immediately making plans after a date.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Also, just gonna throw it out there, even a hint of desperation is extremely unappealing to most women.

That's really the worst and most dangerous part about it, the feedback loop.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Manager Hoyden posted:

I can almost guarantee you're putting too much pressure on them. The solution to bad luck in dating is often dating several people at once and not immediately making plans after a date.

Dating several people at once is not for everyone though, I find it extremely exhausting. Also I think that if by the 3rd or 4th date the other person would actually bring up plans for a sequel I would find that very charming. On a 1st date it would be a bit too much pressure, yeah, though all bets are off if it all happens to gel incredibly well.