Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
This new face is a huge improvement. The old one just looked like a weird hybidof all the movie Peters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

I don't want him to look like he's been to the beach for 2 weeks you nutjob I just think he looks paler than any version of Peter Parker I've ever seen.

E: Wait was the MTV Spider-man show full of super pale people or am I thinking of a different CG show?

Someday I'm gonna be able to post an opinion about media on this forum without someone being a bitch about it.

They were super pale.

Kathy Griffin played a villain and it followed the continuity of the Maguire films but they didn't have any likeness rights, so everyone looked weird.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

They were super pale.

Kathy Griffin played a villain and it followed the continuity of the Maguire films but they didn't have any likeness rights, so everyone looked weird.

I was so annoyed that that show had Peter and Harry live in a gigantic cool penthouse that would probably cost legit 200k a year after the movie did such a great job with their crappy apartment.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It was an MTV show in the 2000s, it had to take place in an unrealistically luxurious apartment

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

I was so annoyed that that show had Peter and Harry live in a gigantic cool penthouse that would probably cost legit 200k a year after the movie did such a great job with their crappy apartment.

Harry's dad (a multi millionaire if not billionaire) just died and Harry inherited the entire estate.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

Harry's dad (a multi millionaire if not billionaire) just died and Harry inherited the entire estate.

Yeah but also Peter and Harry's friendship collapsed. It hadn't collapsed all the way yet, but they definitely didn't live together anymore by the time 2 came around.

Waffleman_ posted:

It was an MTV show in the 2000s, it had to take place in an unrealistically luxurious apartment

The whole thing had a weird frat boy vibe. Not one of the better superhero cartoons.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah but also Peter and Harry's friendship collapsed. It hadn't collapsed all the way yet, but they definitely didn't live together anymore by the time 2 came around.

The whole thing had a weird frat boy vibe. Not one of the better superhero cartoons.

No one involved in the MTV show had any knowledge of the Spider-Man movies beyond watching the first one and no one involved in Spider-Man 2 gave a poo poo about the MTV cartoon.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Aphrodite posted:

The first face was just teenage Nathan Drake.

...Is Tom Holland still attached to the movie?

The Uncharted movie is allegedly filming right now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The other problem with the mtv show was that they were tied to the movie continuity and this couldn't use any of the usual villans, because they had to save those for the movies. It was an odd idea

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

omg chael crash posted:

He looks SO much younger now and kind of a bit like Tom Holland

Agree hard about the young part, it's kinda bothering me. This is supposed to be a Spider-Man who's been at this poo poo for a while now (iirc at one point they show his D.O.B onscreen for a second and the math puts him in his late 20s) but the new face looks like he could be going to school with Miles. I mean, I found the old Peter model pretty crap to look at so I guess this is the lesser of two evils ultimately, but I think I would've preferred a workup of the old model instead of scrapping it and putting not-Tom-Holland in.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No, again, Peter is explicitly 23 in the PS4 game. He's been doing it for a while because he started when he was 16.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well poo poo then...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Almost every version of Peter Parker being Spider-Man has him getting powers at age 15.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tom Holland is also 24, people can just look young

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Retro Futurist posted:

The other problem with the mtv show was that they were tied to the movie continuity and this couldn't use any of the usual villans, because they had to save those for the movies. It was an odd idea

This is absolutely not true. It came out around Daredevil and had Michael Clark Duncan as Kingpin as well as Lizard, Electro, Kraven and Silver Sable that I remember.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

RevKrule posted:

This is absolutely not true. It came out around Daredevil and had Michael Clark Duncan as Kingpin as well as Lizard, Electro, Kraven and Silver Sable that I remember.

All inferior to Space Shuttle-Man or whatever his name was.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Real World/Road Rules/Spider-Man Challenge was the best season.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Game Informer put out some new screenshots for Spider-Man: Miles Morales. One of them in particular really caught my eye:

Cool-S Daft-Punk Spider-Man. :popeye:

I hope you get to unlock this one early because I want to use it for the entire game.

e:

There's a video of the first boss fight in the article as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxKdu-a520I

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 13, 2020

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

JordanKai posted:

Game Informer put out some new screenshots for Spider-Man: Miles Morales. One of them in particular really caught my eye:

Cool-S Daft-Punk Spider-Man. :popeye:

Funny I just posted about the same suit in the Games thread. I guess they couldn't not do a 2020 suit.

2020 Suit

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Skwirl posted:

In what loving universe does Peter Parker have a tan?
Fox Kids Spider-Man

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lobok posted:

Funny I just posted about the same suit in the Games thread. I guess they couldn't not do a 2020 suit.

2020 Suit

I never noticed that the Cool S was always there, rad

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Wow just seeing that made me realize that Miles has only had like the one costume since his introduction, huh? I guess you add the Spider-Verse costume of course, and maybe the lovely Halloween costume from his introduction, but that's still gonna end up being a lot of original costumes if they're gonna have anywhere near the first game.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Wow just seeing that made me realize that Miles has only had like the one costume since his introduction, huh? I guess you add the Spider-Verse costume of course, and maybe the lovely Halloween costume from his introduction, but that's still gonna end up being a lot of original costumes if they're gonna have anywhere near the first game.

I said that in the Spider-Man Games thread and it turns out he has had quite a few costumes

Lobok posted:

Admitting my own ignorance here of Miles and his suits because he has more than a few. Khalid Brooks has put together a list of some (excluding ITSV because it's too obvious)

SHIELD

Captain Universe (also applies to Peter)

Prototype from 1st appearance

616 Prototype

Age of Apocalypse

Champions Asgardian armour

Shadow Spider

Superior Miles from Life Story

The End

2020 Suit

Twitter link

The Superior Miles suit looks like he's wearing a bra.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 14, 2020

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Those are all pretty dope, but AoA with Nova and Jane Thor and Guy I Never Remember - Was that part of the Secret Wars event from a few years back?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CzarChasm posted:

Those are all pretty dope, but AoA with Nova and Jane Thor and Guy I Never Remember - Was that part of the Secret Wars event from a few years back?

That's a variant cover. Not sure if Miles actually appeared in the AoA Secret Wars stories.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ditto with the 2099 suit and I think the SHIELD one too. But hey if you're pulling for material you use what you have

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

They can also do more original suits if they want more. We know from the first game and this game's T.R.A.C.K. suit they have no problem doing that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

If you thought the Cool S suit meant their designs have peaked then check this out
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1316471465412358144?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

If you thought the Cool S suit meant their designs have peaked then check this out

Oh my loving god.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

That is amazing.

edit: I like that it's just a cat without spider-powers just being a cat

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A good problem to have but it looks like Insomniac will have their work cut out for them to make Peter compete with Miles in Spider-Man 2 and that's only with bits and pieces we've seen so far.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They might give Peter the symbiote. Having Miles have to fight an out of control Peter would be really cool.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

They might give Peter the symbiote. Having Miles have to fight an out of control Peter would be really cool.
Spoilers for PS4 Spider-Man
They teased the symbiote at the end of the game as an experimental treatment for some unexplained disease Harry Osborn has, in a post game cutscene

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
From the look of the boss battle, they are copying what they did with that boss in the ps1 spiderman game.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

From the look of the boss battle, they are copying what they did with that boss in the ps1 spiderman game.

Spider-Man ps4 had I think at least 8 boss battles and they all worked differently.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Man...

gently caress me for being an Xbone owner.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Man...

gently caress me for being an Xbone owner.

I haven't beaten it since it came out but I played through the first third and based on that and my memory there's nine boss fights, one is a side quest and two are the same guy but the fights work differently

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Makes sense that Rhino is a boss battle in the second game. Gives Miles a chance to actually tussle with him after having to cower and sneak past him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Open Marriage Night posted:

I legit expect this to happen in Spider-man 2.

Like in this game, they play around with the Spider-Sense on the controller itself, then gets refined more for Spider-man 2, and then when Symbiote-Spidey goes full Vergil, you have to fight without spider-sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

https://twitter.com/mollyjane_k/status/1316528480599842823?s=20