Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

bug people when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blooming Brilliant posted:

So I bought a Mega Gargant and some regular Gargants, was able to overall get everything at a not super ridiculous price through a local seller :v:

I had a question though about how allies work. I'm looking to work towards 2,000 SoB points and I got the Troggoth Hag for a previous venture. Want to work it into a potential list, so assuming Gargants can take Troggoths as an ally is it just as simple as putting the Hag into my list whilst classifying it as an ally?

From what I gather with 2,000 points you can take 400 points worth of an ally unit, and I think the Hag is 360 points so is that all good/correct?

This is correct. However many factions are restricted on allies they can take. Going by my General's handbook, neither Troggs or Gloomspite Gitz can be taken as Allies in a Sons of Behamat army. (Everyone can take a Mega Gargant however.)

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

So I bought a Mega Gargant and some regular Gargants, was able to overall get everything at a not super ridiculous price through a local seller :v:

I had a question though about how allies work. I'm looking to work towards 2,000 SoB points and I got the Troggoth Hag for a previous venture. Want to work it into a potential list, so assuming Gargants can take Troggoths as an ally is it just as simple as putting the Hag into my list whilst classifying it as an ally?

From what I gather with 2,000 points you can take 400 points worth of an ally unit, and I think the Hag is 360 points so is that all good/correct?

What’s a “not super ridiculous price”? SoB are rad but the dollars are a bit much for me.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

You're right on the last part but the catch is you can't take any allies. Which armies can ally with which is in their battletome and General's Handbook, normally we wouldn't have access to that info yet but it was printed in the GH2020 that the allies for Sons of Behemat is "None".

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Well that's a bummer :(

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

What’s a “not super ridiculous price”? SoB are rad but the dollars are a bit much for me.

Was able to get the M-Gargant, box of two regular Gargants, and the book for £170, so saved £50 over GW prices.

I mean it's still not great given it's a bunch of plastic and paper :v:

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Winklebottom posted:

bug people when

Knowing the way GW currently operates, this is a new Primaris unit. Somehow.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Well that's a bummer :(

Was able to get the M-Gargant, box of two regular Gargants, and the book for £170, so saved £50 over GW prices.

I mean it's still not great given it's a bunch of plastic and paper :v:

That's kind of a great deal.

Would loved to have gotten the same thing for that price. To geta full 2000 point army you just need another box of Mancrushers and one more Mega.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Winklebottom posted:

bug people when

They're heavily implied to be a part of the next Underworlds season. I'd guess that's of the matching terrain box that accompanies new seasons.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Geisladisk posted:

Knowing the way GW currently operates, this is a new Primaris unit. Somehow.

Looking forward to the new Primaris Exterminators models.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Funzo posted:

Looking forward to the new Primaris Exterminators models.

Primaris RAIDers.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I wish there was some kind of insectile army in AoS.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Talas posted:

I wish there was some kind of insectile army in AoS.

Just buy a bunch of these and you'll have some extra elves to sell off as well!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
It would be sweet if sylvaneth got a bunch more stuff like the bug jump pack.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

JBP posted:

It would be sweet if sylvaneth got a bunch more stuff like the bug jump pack.

stalker bug rifles and multi-moths

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Yeah the bug is definitely gonna be a Underworlds thing but I choose to believe in AoS Bugmen

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Could be a kind of test run - if they are well received, they might plan a full faction.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Finally finished some Lumineth Wardens that I've been painting off and on since their army box released:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Mugaaz posted:

Finally finished some Lumineth Wardens that I've been painting off and on since their army box released:

These are awesome. I love the colours you've gone with.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Mugaaz posted:

drat, those are amazing. I said "gently caress it" a few weeks ago and decided to slowly start a Lumineth army and drat, the models are a treat to build and paint. I'll be waiting for the next temples (river, wind, zenith), because I'm still not sold on the cow motif. So just vanaris for the time being... and maybe Teclis.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Talas posted:

drat, those are amazing. I said "gently caress it" a few weeks ago and decided to slowly start a Lumineth army and drat, the models are a treat to build and paint. I'll be waiting for the next temples (river, wind, zenith), because I'm still not sold on the cow motif.

Thank you.

Also, have to laugh at second part of your comment. I love the models, but these are some of the worst models to build and/or paint. I broke spears 8 time while painting. The mold lines are insane, and removing them is difficult due to how flimsy everything is. Spears needed to be shorter and/or thicker. I was smart enough to leave the shields off, but I should have left the spears off too. The models look great, but the amount of trim on them triple the painting time

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mugaaz posted:

These minis really pop in a classic High Elf paint scheme. They look great.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Mugaaz posted:

Thank you.

Also, have to laugh at second part of your comment. I love the models, but these are some of the worst models to build and/or paint. I broke spears 8 time while painting. The mold lines are insane, and removing them is difficult due to how flimsy everything is. Spears needed to be shorter and/or thicker. I was smart enough to leave the shields off, but I should have left the spears off too. The models look great, but the amount of trim on them triple the painting time

I don't have much experience building modern GW models, so it was quite a challenge for me. Looking online, I think almost everyone has broken the standard on the dawnrider.

I managed not to break any spears, but several of the tassels broke off my Eltharion's cloak before I even opened the box.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
OP has been updated with Sons of Behemat! I should also include thematic music and more Goonhammer guides or something. I'll get around to it eventually.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Talas posted:

drat, those are amazing. I said "gently caress it" a few weeks ago and decided to slowly start a Lumineth army and drat, the models are a treat to build and paint. I'll be waiting for the next temples (river, wind, zenith), because I'm still not sold on the cow motif. So just vanaris for the time being... and maybe Teclis.

The good news is that it sounds like a Vanari army (and Teclis) is pretty strong. I like the cows but in terms of trying to collect something I can play I'll probably stick with Vanari for now. I do wish they had at least cooked up another temple to release because man does the range feel pretty limited.

Eltharion is still cool as poo poo though.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Dreylad posted:

The good news is that it sounds like a Vanari army (and Teclis) is pretty strong. I like the cows but in terms of trying to collect something I can play I'll probably stick with Vanari for now. I do wish they had at least cooked up another temple to release because man does the range feel pretty limited.
They did mention fox-faced wind spirits in the battletome, so I assume they had something cooked that didn't come out. I expect a unit and a spirit for each temple, like the cows. Anyway, with COVID it doesn't sound like it's going to be soon.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Talas posted:

They did mention fox-faced wind spirits in the battletome, so I assume they had something cooked that didn't come out. I expect a unit and a spirit for each temple, like the cows. Anyway, with COVID it doesn't sound like it's going to be soon.

From my understanding, there was someone internally saying they weren't even concepting this stuff for production yet. Which means years and years before it sees the light of day.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
My hope for Lumineth was that they would do a set of Hindu animal themes, so like monkey guys and tiger guys etc, which for some reason is a cool way to handle High Elves and Hysh in my mind. Like, that's the angle the cows worked for me from. Tiger guys being a logical place to do new White Lions.

I guess they could still do that eventually, maybe, if they sell.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I hope it isn't years for another release for them. It doesn't seem like there's a tons of different ways to play the army, but maybe that's just a problem with all AoS factions, I dunno, I'm not familiar enough with the game to know.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AoS in general has a problem with conceptually and mechanically narrow armies, imo, but they're working on it and some are a lot better than others about it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
My hope is with 2.0 doing a lot of legwork to consolidate diverse factions into fewer ones, 3.0 can focus on building those factions up. There are a lot of armies that rely on like 3 or 4 kits propping them up to build multiple units which dont look all that different on the table.

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think there's something to be said about conceptually and mechanically narrow armies, especially since the game has so many factions, but I would agree most of the small armies could use a couple more kits. I think part of the problem with really big rosters is that have tons of trap choices. Playing Ironjawz, I don't need 10 new kits. Just give me like Gore-grunta chariots, or like brutes that throw big javelins, just to add a few more options.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Cross posting because I like my fish

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I made a war cry team!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Cross posting because I like my fish

Those are some drat fine fish

They're like what Blanche Idoneth would look like or something

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The colour transition on the eels is fantastic.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Mugaaz posted:

I love the yellow trim it really makes them pop. The whole thing looks really great.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Usenet Magic-User posted:

I love the yellow trim it really makes them pop. The whole thing looks really great.

Haha, that's great. I started with white trim, but didn't like it. Felt boring, didn't provide any contrast against the pelvic robe area, so I changed it to yellow, which I liked. Guy on FB group told me he liked everything but the yellow trim. Everyone has their preference, eye of the beholder and all that.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1317458180373401600

Warcry is getting Grand Alliance books for each of the major factions.

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1317462949108252674
https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1317461903757770755

The warbands for season 4 for Underworlds have been fully revealed as well.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Oct 17, 2020

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Mugaaz posted:

Haha, that's great. I started with white trim, but didn't like it. Felt boring, didn't provide any contrast against the pelvic robe area, so I changed it to yellow, which I liked. Guy on FB group told me he liked everything but the yellow trim. Everyone has their preference, eye of the beholder and all that.

The yellow works well but hilariously enough I'm going with white trim. But I'm using a very dark navy blue, so I think the white pops a bit better. As you say, eye of the beholder.

Also that swordmaster model gently caress yeah. Also extremely on board for the owl.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Wrapped up a Grey Seer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Skaven are getting a startset box for Warcry as well.

Everything for Warcry next week looks awesome.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/18/sunday-preview-warcry-goes-underground/