Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

As penance you must give me all of your ISK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Veld being the most profitable highsec ore brings tears to my eyes.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Sickening posted:

Explain to me in your own words how it isn't malice.

It's pretty clear that "I'm an idiot who didn't know what the gently caress" is inherently not malicious.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

dragonshardz posted:

It's pretty clear that "I'm an idiot who didn't know what the gently caress" is inherently not malicious.

"I'm gonna raise prices on items so i can make more profit off the back of ppl i play with" is

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

dragonshardz posted:

That is what the post said, agreed. This person knows enough about importing and market fuckery, but doesn't understand why this is bad in an alliance only station. I am finding that hard to believe.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

dragonshardz posted:

It might not be malicious. But it sure is selfish and greedy. It's Goonfucking and it's not tolerated.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Sickening posted:

That is what the post said, agreed. This person knows enough about importing and market fuckery, but doesn't understand why this is bad in an alliance only station. I am finding that hard to believe.

To be fair the main reason I gave him a warning instead of tossing him directly onto the Goonfucker ACL is because I knew the hazing he would get in jabber channel and here would be more painful than the ACL itself.

Talking in other channels like "goons discovered one of their own goonfucking, chum in the water, shark mode engaged" and outsiders were simultaneously horrified and fascinated. Nerds just couldn't look away at the few nuggets from jabber I'd sprinkle in as you guys ripped his butthole open.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Dalael posted:

"I'm gonna raise prices on items so i can make more profit off the back of ppl i play with" is

I can understand making a profit on faction gear in nullsec. You don't get the option to produce it out here. But buying out all the faction ammo and relisting it for 3x the historical price, wartime or not, is basically treason in an alliance only economy.

Its actually kind of shocking that this person is still in the alliance considering the this seems like burning a spy to me.

andromache posted:

To be fair the main reason I gave him a warning instead of tossing him directly onto the Goonfucker ACL is because I knew the hazing he would get in jabber channel and here would be more painful than the ACL itself.

Talking in other channels like "goons discovered one of their own goonfucking, chum in the water, shark mode engaged" and outsiders were simultaneously horrified and fascinated. Nerds just couldn't look away at the few nuggets from jabber I'd sprinkle in as you guys ripped his butthole open.

Yeah, I guess its time to troll in jabber. brb

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

It might not be malicious. But it sure is selfish and greedy. It's Goonfucking and it's not tolerated.

We used to make people sing or read stories by way of apology. Alcohol was usually involved.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it doesn't affect servers nearly as much as it affects the clients

loss.txt

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

rocketrobot posted:

We used to make people sing or read stories by way of apology. Alcohol was usually involved.

if there's no plunger involved, is it really hazing?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Judging by September's MER, the Pandaconda's grand plan to set Querious up as some sort of money making factory to continue the war effort has been a wet fart

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Sickening posted:

I'm going to assume the explanation of "I was an idiot and didn't know better" is being given in good faith until proven otherwise.

Idiot didn't know, now they do, problem solved.

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Which we've made abundantly clear, I think.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Goons are ruining the game...

FOR OTHER GOONS! :eek:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace posted:

Goons are ruining the game...

FOR OTHER GOONS! :eek:

Wait, that's just me coming out of wormholes to try to kill goon ratters, never mind.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

iospace posted:

Wait, that's just me coming out of wormholes to try to kill goon ratters, never mind.

Ve vill get our revenge.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
the pubbies really seem to believe that the war is over because we're going to magically disintegrate merely because they got a keep online in npc delve, while infuriating it's going to be hilarious in a week or so when they realize they have to get back to the grind~

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Just imagine what they will do when they realize they would have to camp NPC delve forever to really drive us out.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

So, uhhhh, is there really something going on with Init?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Judging by September's MER, the Pandaconda's grand plan to set Querious up as some sort of money making factory to continue the war effort has been a wet fart

Definitely nothing sus going on in Oasa tho.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Stealthgerbil posted:

Just imagine what they will do when they realize they would have to camp NPC delve forever to really drive us out.

This invasion is my dream. i don't even have to gate anywhere. I undock, warp to a space taxi and get bridged right where i plan on dying.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rudeboy Detective posted:

So, uhhhh, is there really something going on with Init?

i mean what are the pubbies saying, then it's probably the opposite of that

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

so dumb question, but is there a reason why our coalition alliance members don't widot into gsf to help with fozziesov bullshit

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
They're saying init cut its SRP to 50% or something along the lines, just like vily is saying goons now only get 25% srp

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

so dumb question, but is there a reason why our coalition alliance members don't widot into gsf to help with fozziesov bullshit

because wibla likes being able to set his own tax rates in his structures :sun:

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Numismancer posted:

the pubbies really seem to believe that the war is over because we're going to magically disintegrate merely because they got a keep online in npc delve, while infuriating it's going to be hilarious in a week or so when they realize they have to get back to the grind~

Figuring out the appropriate line through the minefield of dev fuckery is happily your problem and not mine. I am amused by the assumption by the geese that this was a good precedent for them.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Anias posted:

Figuring out the appropriate line through the minefield of dev fuckery is happily your problem and not mine. I am amused by the assumption by the geese that this was a good precedent for them.

the issue with the bubble stuff isn't so much 'zomg bubbles' and more :ccp: who changed one of the fundamental rules of nullsec gameplay, told one side that the rules had changed, and didn't tell us about this; if we'd known bubble spam was kosher we'd have done it as far back as fountain and we'd also have known to bring a counter to bubble spam (tornadoes, etc)

that said it's not too valuable to yowl about how much ccp sucks but i want people to understand that it's not the bubbles themselves that were an issue, but "the bad guys asked ccp if it was ok to change a fundamental rule of heavy tidi bloc combat, ccp said it was ok but privately and only to one side, and there was no public announcement, dev blog, anything to indicate that suddenly mass anchoring is Ok Now (tm)"

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Dalael posted:

They're saying init cut its SRP to 50% or something along the lines, just like vily is saying goons now only get 25% srp

I don't know if init have cut srp or not, but the supposed justification I'd read (on Reddit discussing this, not internal to the coalition) was that they needed to finance new income streams so it was cut till those were up and running in a month or two?

Re: goon srp, that was discussed in this thread already so I'll say it - the alliance pays 100% ish (we have fixed values per hull which are recalculated monthly to add up to about full cost Inc fitting when you include platinum insurance)
What changed was actual goons, those in goonswarm federation itself get a bonus 25% payout, which used to be 100%, which lets be real is crazy when we're welping a quarter of a trill in feroxes to stop a keep anchoring.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

stealing from yospos

https://twitter.com/Indian_Bronson/status/1318211892909907974?s=20

eve_thread_reacting_to_querious_goose.mp4

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Numismancer posted:

the issue with the bubble stuff isn't so much 'zomg bubbles' and more :ccp: who changed one of the fundamental rules of nullsec gameplay, told one side that the rules had changed, and didn't tell us about this; if we'd known bubble spam was kosher we'd have done it as far back as fountain and we'd also have known to bring a counter to bubble spam (tornadoes, etc)

that said it's not too valuable to yowl about how much ccp sucks but i want people to understand that it's not the bubbles themselves that were an issue, but "the bad guys asked ccp if it was ok to change a fundamental rule of heavy tidi bloc combat, ccp said it was ok but privately and only to one side, and there was no public announcement, dev blog, anything to indicate that suddenly mass anchoring is Ok Now (tm)"

T20 mk 2, electric boogaloo? I can't find the source but at least one CCP weenie is flying on the side of the snake coalition. Maybe not openly, but it's really hard to stay objective and not put your finger on the scale for your side if you have the power to. IIRC it was verboten for CCP devs to have alts in big null blocs because of that exact thing after T20.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Ve vill get our revenge.

Don't worry, you usually do.

(last time we got hot dropped :v:)

Solus posted:

Definitely nothing sus going on in Oasa tho.

Just like nothing sus with Delve numbers in 2018, right?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

iospace posted:

Don't worry, you usually do.

(last time we got hot dropped :v:)

there's a pretty sizeable difference between a region stuffed with 24,000 nerds all ratting, mining, and Doin Thangs and an alliance of like 5,000 nerds somehow meeting those 2018 numbers in the most isolated region in the game

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

mehall posted:

Re: goon srp, that was discussed in this thread already so I'll say it - the alliance pays 100% ish (we have fixed values per hull which are recalculated monthly to add up to about full cost Inc fitting when you include platinum insurance)
What changed was actual goons, those in goonswarm federation itself get a bonus 25% payout, which used to be 100%, which lets be real is crazy when we're welping a quarter of a trill in feroxes to stop a keep anchoring.
And has also been discussed 100% + 25% still often in practice is a loss no matter if you are buying off alliance contract or multibuy, so reshipping over and over into ships you know you are sending to Valhalla on a keepstar can drain your wallet if you aren't gently caress off space rich.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

wait i didnt realise frat owned oasa

nevermind

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Numismancer posted:

:tinfoil: The war has been good for CCP/Pearl Abyss's bottom line, and they didn't want it to fizzle out because the bads were incapable of anchoring a KS... So the rules bent a bit. :tinfoil:

Zazz Razzamatazz fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 19, 2020

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

iospace posted:

I'll have you know we input broadcasted, not botted

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

And has also been discussed 100% + 25% still often in practice is a loss no matter if you are buying off alliance contract or multibuy, so reshipping over and over into ships you know you are sending to Valhalla on a keepstar can drain your wallet if you aren't gently caress off space rich.

That's a different issue and is due to the fact that atrum reviews the srp amounts roughly monthly making fluctuations due to large numbers of ship losses, or the ore price changes etc hard to account for quickly, which is why they're looking at contracting you a new ship instead of giving you the money and having you source it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Yeah, I never got the botting accusations, myself. Like, we run the most densely populated region in the game. Where the gently caress are the bots going to live? Also, if we are botting, it's some weak-rear end botting poo poo. We could do much, much better...

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

stealing from yospos

https://twitter.com/Indian_Bronson/status/1318211892909907974?s=20

eve_thread_reacting_to_querious_goose.mp4

Tbf this is this thread on a daily basis since even before i joined SA. I know because I have archive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
It's important for people to understand this: :justpost:

DCG plz tell us more about your plans and how methodical they are. No need to post about how slow the plan is going, i helped making you take those baby steps