Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

staplegun posted:

New spot open in goon Shop Titans guild Goonswarm+! It should show up if you do an ingame search or you can drop your user ID here and get an invite.

Nabbed it as Javy, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I'm very late to Pirates: Outlaws, but I'm glad I tried it. This is my first foray into the deck builder roguelike genre and I gotta say it is addicting to play.

Mantees
Oct 24, 2008
Hey guys, help me please to decide which game to play.

There are so many games in the playstore similar to what I am looking for, that I can't choose which one to dedicate my time to.

My ideal features are:

- can be played in short burst of times, but is meaningful to play in the long run
- lots of things to collect/upgrade. Start small and grow large/powerful/whatever
- quite some new content being added regularly (new stuff to build or collect or upgrade...)
- I don't mind timegating
- nice graphics are a +
- having not to worry too much about inventory management
- free. It's ok if there are some non excessive P2W elements, I will ignore them

As you can see I have described 80% of the games in the playstore, from basebuilding games to gacha. I like the idea of these games, but to be honest I don't have the patience to try 100s of them and decide which ones are really good and worth a long term time investment.

Advices?

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Mantees posted:

There are so many games in the playstore similar to what I am looking for, that I can't choose which one to dedicate my time to.

My ideal features are:

- can be played in short burst of times, but is meaningful to play in the long run
- lots of things to collect/upgrade. Start small and grow large/powerful/whatever
- quite some new content being added regularly (new stuff to build or collect or upgrade...)
- nice graphics are a +
- free. It's ok if there are some non excessive P2W elements, I will ignore them

As you can see I have described 80% of the games in the playstore, from basebuilding games to gacha. I like the idea of these games, but to be honest I don't have the patience to try 100s of them and decide which ones are really good and worth a long term time investment.

Advices?

I feel like a bit of a heel because I latched onto it early and haven't played many other gachas, but I think Final Fantasy Record Keeper checks a lot of those boxes. They're having a pretty big semi-annual event right now that might be a good jumping-in point.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Mantees posted:

My ideal features are:

- nice graphics are a +

Advices?

Buriedbornes checks every box aside from graphics. It's a turn based Dark Souls like game with meta progression and seasonal updates. Shockingly deep mechanic gameplay with lot's of customization.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Installed Shop Titans, seems like a neat little game. Is there a thread/Discord? I see that the goon guild is full but in case a spot opens up, could Ayliana#65634 get an invite?

Also what's the generally most efficient strategy? I've mastered Squire Swords after the first "free" upgrade to them and have only spent one research scroll on Aiming Swords.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

staplegun posted:

I feel like a bit of a heel because I latched onto it early and haven't played many other gachas, but I think Final Fantasy Record Keeper checks a lot of those boxes. They're having a pretty big semi-annual event right now that might be a good jumping-in point.

I don't play FFRK anyway because I only have time for one gacha at a time (Another Eden) but I second FFRK. You can get your dailies done in 5 minutes but there's always a plethora of fun challenging end bosses to work towards who in turn upgrade your team.

Very very generous with the gacha. A bunch of free pulls and free useful gear for new players and a lot of content and free stuff for the quarterly festivals.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Also what's the generally most efficient strategy? I've mastered Squire Swords after the first "free" upgrade to them and have only spent one research scroll on Aiming Swords.

There isn't really anything you can do that doesn't progress you
You'll eventually complete all the low level recipies, but the important thing is to maximise shop throughput. Discount cheap items, enchant and surcharge expensive ones (enchants don't count towards surcharge) to maximise enchantment values.

Spend gems on early shop expansions or craft slots to accelerate you, they are the key limitations. Probably not particularly efficient to spend gems on things you can already buy - you can convert gems to about $400k each later using the market (although the upcoming patch is gonna mess with the market meta)

Early on you can also probably still make way more money selling on the market than to customers so if you have an upgrade to buy you should forgo the shop xo for a bit and sell things there

Importantly you can also game the king visits with "king bait" - lock anything green+ except the expensive item and he will always take it (5x value). You can also generally buy up to blue enchants on market to increase the value of your prospective kingbait item

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Any good games to play while listening to podcasts? Have been playing Alto's Odyssey but it's getting old. Mainly just a game that doesn't need sound or too much brain power, and won't interrupt too much with ads.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Mantees posted:

My ideal features are:

- nice graphics are a +

Advices?

I just picked up this pretty decent Diablo-like Raziel haven't made it too far in, but it seems to check a few of your boxes.

Also it looks like the BOTW like Genshin Impact is out now as well. It's quite similar to breath of the wild, from the 30min I've had to play it so far.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 2, 2020

Kween
Jan 9, 2005
Not recently,no
Anyone know if any of the plants vs zombies mobile games are playable or are they completely ruined by ads and having to pay to advance?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Joined goonswarm in shop titans. I'm assuming that's a good guild?

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Renegret posted:

Joined goonswarm in shop titans. I'm assuming that's a good guild?

Goonswarm isn't, we're in goonswarm+ or awful artisans (you guys still active?)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Baddog posted:

Thanks. I figured I'd ask since + seemed to be higher level than not + and that was fishy.

Regarding this stupid game, in experiencing frequent crashes. I turned all the settings down but it's still pretty bad. Anyone experienced anything similar?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Baddog posted:

Awful artists when i stopped playing a couple weeks ago had basically everyone inactive including the GM and most of the officers.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Inactives in a guild pretty quickly becomes a death spiral in shop titans

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Just to give an update on the ST guild, we need another 2267 investments in the town hall to open another member slot unless someone leaves/goes inactive. It's a pretty large number that will probably take us a month(?) to hit.

If you like the game though, there's nothing wrong with bouncing around guilds and pubbing it up indefinitely though. It's probably even better in a way because I'm sure there's long-standing guilds hurting for active players with better level caps than us that you can take advantage of. Everything except perk points (weekly currency from bounties that goes to the guild) follows you wherever you move so there's no sense of losing investments, worker levels, or merchant level.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Installed Shop Titans, seems like a neat little game. Is there a thread/Discord? I see that the goon guild is full but in case a spot opens up, could Ayliana#65634 get an invite?

Removed a user for 7 day inactivity and sent off an invite!

lags
Jan 3, 2004

Eh. I have been losing interest but it was still a fun game. Progression was just way too slow to keep me interested though.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Kween posted:

Anyone know if any of the plants vs zombies mobile games are playable or are they completely ruined by ads and having to pay to advance?

Completely ruined. You can't even buy the original game anymore, you have to get a free ad-supported one and the ads are for things as simple and ubiquitous as getting the rake at the beginning of a single level instead of letting you unlock it as a permanent upgrade like in the original one.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I don't know a lot about this one yet but the unfortunately named Masketeers: Idle Has Fallen has just come out or is in a state of coming out because it's not letting me download it right now. I've had this on my radar for a while because a friend mentioned it to me, looks a lot like Post Knight or Almost A Hero I think?

E: Download worked, but the game servers are down

E2: Been playing this throughout the day and it's actually pretty neat, it's a whole lot like Almost a Hero but has some interesting changes. You can't tap in this game to deal damage but you have a bar at the bottom that loads up with gems corresponding to one of your 4 guys, you can pop them individually for some damage or stack them in a row up to do more damage and other bonus effects along with the attack. I like this because you can still actively play the game but you don't have to tap like a madman for optimal damage.

Definitely a poo poo load of gacha type IAP's though, and no shortage of things that ask you if you want to double it by watching a video. It's annoying but not enough to deter me for now. Still some bugs and crashes too, I think they're dealing with more traffic than anticipated. I actually bought a $2 permanent buff thing earlier today and paid for it but never got the item, and every time I try to buy it again I get an error. I emailed support but that kinda sucked.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 7, 2020

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Any good games to play while listening to podcasts? Have been playing Alto's Odyssey but it's getting old. Mainly just a game that doesn't need sound or too much brain power, and won't interrupt too much with ads.

I came here to ask exactly this question but I'm guessing since it's been two weeks without a response that there isn't. My previous podcast game was Peggle if that tells you how long it's been.

I just need something completely mindless and possible to play on a Pixelbook (ChromeOS with trackpad).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

LastInLine posted:

I came here to ask exactly this question but I'm guessing since it's been two weeks without a response that there isn't. My previous podcast game was Peggle if that tells you how long it's been.

I just need something completely mindless and possible to play on a Pixelbook (ChromeOS with trackpad).

Mario Maker 2 works well for this. Just do Endless and you'll be fine.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've been playing Idle RPG - The Game Is Bugged! which is possibly the worst name for a game however it's actually a pretty well made idle combat type game. I actually laughed at the dialog a couple times too, the writing isn't too bad considering I assume this was translated. If anyone else is playing this dumb game and wants to do a company lmk, there's already a goonsquad though so if it's one of you lmk too :ninja:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Years ago i enjoyed greatly Nonstop Knight, but seeing Nonstop Knight 2 and trying it they managed to remove the very things i enjoyed in the original. Are there any other idle RPGs that are good?

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I don't know if I can post these news here, but Nintendo is about to poo poo the bed with Pocket Camp, as their update in November isn't clear whenever or not a 64 bit droid device means also you'll also have to have a 64 bit OS on it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It looks like DRAGON QUEST Tact is available in Early Access on Android.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kheldarn posted:

It looks like DRAGON QUEST Tact is available in Early Access on Android.

But how much money does it want me to spend?

Also dragon quest go when you monsters?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Len posted:

But how much money does it want me to spend?

It turns out that it's a Closed Beta Test, and they're going to wipe accounts, so IAPs aren't available.

Len posted:

Also dragon quest go when you monsters?

This! :argh:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

explosivo posted:

I've been playing Idle RPG - The Game Is Bugged! which is possibly the worst name for a game however it's actually a pretty well made idle combat type game. I actually laughed at the dialog a couple times too, the writing isn't too bad considering I assume this was translated. If anyone else is playing this dumb game and wants to do a company lmk, there's already a goonsquad though so if it's one of you lmk too :ninja:

I picked this one up as well, and its not too bad.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Hey mobile players. I recently finished making a game for Android and iOS.

Its highly reminiscent of classic puzzles games The Adventures of Lolo and Chip's Challenge. The puzzles get pretty tough but I made it cute to watch and listen to while you figure it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n39l4oJEs_I

If a character driven sokuban-esque game sounds like your thing, you can download it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bwendt.warkandwimble

Happy gaming!

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Hey mobile players. I recently finished making a game for Android and iOS.

Its highly reminiscent of classic puzzles games The Adventures of Lolo and Chip's Challenge. The puzzles get pretty tough but I made it cute to watch and listen to while you figure it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n39l4oJEs_I

If a character driven sokuban-esque game sounds like your thing, you can download it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bwendt.warkandwimble

Happy gaming!

Trip report: I played world 1, had one banner ad on the title screen and fullscreen ad after finishing the world.

Second session: I get a fullscreen ad before I even started the first level of world two and another one after every single level completed. Yikes.

Game is cute, but I don't feel like I'm past the introductory puzzles yet and I'm not really feeling like continuing.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I had great fun with Sorcery! and am on the second one. What are some good game book style games on android? The only other one I played was Path of Adventure which is hard, but fun and free

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I had great fun with Sorcery! and am on the second one. What are some good game book style games on android? The only other one I played was Path of Adventure which is hard, but fun and free

Lone Wolf Saga is a free compilation of the entire library of Lone Wolf adventure books by Joe Dever. If you aren't familiar, you play as a psychic warrior monk (basically a Jedi) set in a persistent and huge high fantasy world, where you obtain equipment and powers that carry over book to book, with a functional combat system based on dice rolls and modifiers from gear and powers. They are awesome as gently caress, and this app is excellent.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 22, 2020

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Oh man, I borrowed one of those books from the library as a kid and had a blast.

Someone had written "lightsaber +10" in the items section of the character sheet you were supposed to photocopy, like an analog version of using a gameshark

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
They get exponentially better if you play them in order and build your character up

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

They get exponentially better if you play them in order and build your character up

It's insanely obvious the writer had no idea how many of them he was gonna write at the start, since the first book has an item that breaks the rest of the books.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Skwirl posted:

It's insanely obvious the writer had no idea how many of them he was gonna write at the start, since the first book has an item that breaks the rest of the books.

Oh totally lol, this was fantasy in the 80s after all

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

What item is that? I'm asking for...story curiosity purposes >.>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Buriedbornes checks every box aside from graphics. It's a turn based Dark Souls like game with meta progression and seasonal updates. Shockingly deep mechanic gameplay with lot's of customization.

Dang this looks pretty sweet thanks