Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Lemony posted:

To be fair, while he could never be Royalty, his unswerving dedication to regicide is pretty Royal in and of itself. If you meet god on the road and so forth.

On the other hand, his self loathing and feeling of being a class traitor definitely would prevent him achieving Royalty even if he didn't hate kings.

Vimes is basically Hansa but angry.
He would never seek Royalty and therefore attain it easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1319047186345299971

Another drinking contest??

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Jagg has been practicing this speech in the mirror for so long

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I just hope this contest also forces everyone to speak in verse.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Jags really is the humanities major dictator huh.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Soup du Jour posted:

Jagg has been practicing this speech in the mirror for so long

Yeah that's some poo poo he's had cookin' for a while.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Sometimes it's just nice to have a good, old fashioned, loquacious monologue. No, "I did it thirty-five minutes ago" subversion, no pithy "No Mister Bond, I expect you to die!", just an antagonist laying it all out at length and making sure everyone knows exactly what's going down and why.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

I don't remember Jags being this lame

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i do miss how his speech bubbles were depicted in his first appearance

would make them real hard to read with this page's background, though

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
This is just "When You were partying I studied The Blade", except I think Jagganoth just might have the chops to back it up.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Jagganoth has also lived this loop many, many times so he's had a lot of experience to practice.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Wyld Karde posted:

Sometimes it's just nice to have a good, old fashioned, loquacious monologue. No, "I did it thirty-five minutes ago" subversion, no pithy "No Mister Bond, I expect you to die!", just an antagonist laying it all out at length and making sure everyone knows exactly what's going down and why.

Sincerity's back on the menu!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Reading Jagganoth with Immortan Joe's voice

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Operant must have been waiting *so long* to unleash that monologue.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hostile V posted:

Jagganoth has also lived this loop many, many times so he's had a lot of experience to practice.

The reason his big attack has taken so long is because he's spent all this time in front of a colossal mirror, practicing it repeatedly like in Taxi Driver.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Do not, my friends, become addicted to peace. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Hostile V posted:

We don’t actually know anything about either him knowing that the old king “spins the wheel and laughs at god” or that definitely being the actual situation.

Juggernaut Star probably knows what’s up, but there’s no evidence Jagganoth does.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Shoehead posted:

Reading Jagganoth with Immortan Joe's voice
I'm reading Jaggs with Heidegger's voice

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Really appreciating the finely sculpted dad bod on display here.

squibble
Sep 30, 2003

Zero_Tactility posted:

The older books are mostly read by Nigel Planer, and he's fine.
The more recent ones are mostly read by Stephen Briggs, and I like him a lot more.

As a whole, I think the Discworld audiobooks are a great way to experience the series (aside from a few things where Pratchett used typography and layout very deliberately, like in Reaper Man where an entire page was filled by a single word).

Wait... The Young Ones NEIL?

I have got to hear these.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

drat, I want to see Maya use one of those legendary grade weapons Jag is just handing out.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I listened to a bunch of discworld audiobooks about 15 years ago and they were good. Death was basically just yelling in an extremely loud monotone and it was perfect.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Neddy Seagoon posted:

On a side note... I actually like the punk-rock style they've taken with the upcoming TV series of The Watch. It's trying to be its own thing rather than cribbing direct from the books verbatim, and I'm hoping it turns out fun.

I don't like what they did with Cherry. Most of the other stuff I'm indifferent to

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tekne posted:

drat, I want to see Maya use one of those legendary grade weapons Jag is just handing out.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Jagganoth, buddy, there's an easier way to ask your friends why game night fell apart.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

sirtommygunn posted:

notice the fine curve of one jagg buttcheek

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

WITHERED AND IMPOTENT
FEEBLE AND PATHETIC IN YOUR POWER

YOU

LEVELED

DEX

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

sirtommygunn posted:

Someone replace his speech with peak performance

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

you have all forgotten

the taste of an and one.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Anyone else hear him in Tom Hardy's Bane voice?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Jagganoth is voiced by Gilbert Godfrey

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Tulip posted:

Jags really is the humanities major dictator huh.

Its become increasingly obvious over the last few chapters that allison is going to win through the power of friendship.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Honestly if this were me I'd be like 'hey solly wanna be my emissary just for this fight? I'll channel all the power of the master key on top of yours if you want it because lol I am in WAY over my head'.

But then Allison is made of better, more dumbass stuff than I am.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Its become increasingly obvious over the last few chapters that allison is going to win through the power of friendship.

jagganoth sets down the blade in his showdown with allison and come in for a big ol hug, metatron goes "surprise motherfuckers" and activates the self-destruct secondary function on the needles

actual final boss battle happens

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

WUT RINGS U GOT BITHC

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The man's impervious to damage and carries around a nuclear inferno in the shape of a sword. There's no power in creation that can shut him up, and they're frankly lucky that he didn't treat them to a Fidel Castro-style eight-hour speech.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Darth Walrus posted:

The man's impervious to damage and carries around a nuclear inferno in the shape of a sword. There's no power in creation that can shut him up, and they're frankly lucky that he didn't treat them to a Fidel Castro-style eight-hour speech.

There's still time.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

The Legend.....returns!