Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I can't even say theres "standard" Q anymore. It's become so decentralized it's insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah Q is now basically the black helicopters/lizardpeople/hollow earth/etc. contingent, except now extra virulent and all mashed together.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Mad Hamish posted:

My insane Q co-worker cheerfully told us all today that Biden will cancel Christmas this year and lock everyone up in internment camps if he wins. She also told us that Bruno Mars is a transman and you can tell that because he is so short. There was an additional shocking revelation that the Pope and Prince Philip are members of the Deep State who, like all of their kind, have bugs inside their eyes, which were first discovered in Québec and were brought to Europe by the Nazis. These bugs can be seen in TV broadcasts featuring Deep State individuals.

How much of this is standard Q insanity and how much is other craziness? If the Deep State's eye-bugs can be seen on regular TV then they're clearly not putting in a lot of effort to hide their nefarious schemes.

Edit: this is in Canada, by the way.

The, 'all the white folks gonna be put in internment camps when the libs win' has been going on since at least March. At least, that's when my brother started spewing it.

I'd like to say that come a year or two from now and there is no white people internment camp that they will realize how duped they were but I doubt it will register. They are used to the things they believe not coming true, it's practically a key description of the core of the movement at this point.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Mad Hamish posted:

My insane Q co-worker cheerfully told us all today that Biden will cancel Christmas this year and lock everyone up in internment camps if he wins. She also told us that Bruno Mars is a transman and you can tell that because he is so short. There was an additional shocking revelation that the Pope and Prince Philip are members of the Deep State who, like all of their kind, have bugs inside their eyes, which were first discovered in Québec and were brought to Europe by the Nazis. These bugs can be seen in TV broadcasts featuring Deep State individuals.

How much of this is standard Q insanity and how much is other craziness? If the Deep State's eye-bugs can be seen on regular TV then they're clearly not putting in a lot of effort to hide their nefarious schemes.

I would start making monetary bets with this person.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Prince phillip does look like he's infested with bugs tbf. Like there are very few people moving around and being photographed that look like like corpses than him.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Mad Hamish posted:

this is all 100% standard q stuff. you're not even touching the more fringe elements yet.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Mad Hamish posted:

My insane Q co-worker cheerfully told us all today that Biden will cancel Christmas this year and lock everyone up in internment camps if he wins.

Wow, you work with Donald Trump?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Also, Biden won't be president this christmas no matter what happens and the Pope and Prince Phillip can't be deep state. They are just the state. You can't be part of a group undermining the state when you are the embodiment of the state, at that point it's just policy. Someone subverting them would be the deep state.

Not that things like the causal nature of time or direct public meanings amount to anything.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Oh my God she just went on a ten-minute ramble about how there were not one but two Jesuses and Trump is descended from both of them :psyduck:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

OwlFancier posted:

Prince phillip does look like he's infested with bugs tbf. Like there are very few people moving around and being photographed that look like like corpses than him.

It's called syphilis from loving hundreds of women

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mad Hamish posted:

Oh my God she just went on a ten-minute ramble about how there were not one but two Jesuses and Trump is descended from both of them :psyduck:

And one of them got all the dominant genes and the other got all the recessive genes, and then the one with all the recessive genes stole a nuclear robot but the one with the dominant genes fought him and won, and then they made a perfect clone of their father and he became president of the united states.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Does Bruno Mars Is Trans?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Mad Hamish posted:

So Donald Trump is Humperdoo. Checks out.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

report your insane coworker to HR, OP

(if you work at a place with HR, lol)

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Donald Trump is half Mexican?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
What websites are there to follow what these Q lunatics are actually saying? All the major social media sites and Google are cracking down on their poo poo so It’s not easy (for me) to find. If you google QAnon it’s all just article about how it’s a crazy cult.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Delthalaz posted:

What websites are there to follow what these Q lunatics are actually saying? All the major social media sites and Google are cracking down on their poo poo so It’s not easy (for me) to find. If you google QAnon it’s all just article about how it’s a crazy cult.

You pretty much need to get the information from the sources, which is made a lot more difficult now that publicly identifying as a Qanon person has consequences on social media. The Qanon politicians and more-public "faces" are a good barometer of what the generals of the conspiracy are, but you need to do some digging verging on actual journalism to see what the Qanon mommy-blogs are ranting about this week.

Which is why I don't bother and just give money to Qanon Anonymous, to keep me informed about it and entertained enough to keep me from breaking down emotionally over it.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

report your insane coworker to HR, OP

(if you work at a place with HR, lol)

Probably is HR

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
considering he couldn't get giuliani who was hanging out under his nose, I don't have a whole lot of confidence in trump getting the rest of the cabal

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1318988574247747584?s=20

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Can you admit documents as evidence if they are dated after the conclusion of the trial?

I don't see why not.

Chain of custody might be a problem though if the defendant has the only time machine in existence. How could you satisfy the court that these are err will be the original unaltered documents.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mad Hamish posted:

Sounds gay as hell

In other words is this religion recruiting

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

I don't see why not.

Chain of custody might be a problem though if the defendant has the only time machine in existence. How could you satisfy the court that these are err will be the original unaltered documents.

By entering them into the record they fulfill the prophecy and become/always were legitimate.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Actually thinking about it the plot of metal gear solid is very Q like. I want to introduce them to it.

Ok so there's this guy, who is the greatest soldier who ever lived, and he goes to russia to help a super scientist defect right, but he meets his trainer who defected to the soviets because she wanted a world where everyone could be a soldier and also she's his mam I think and he has to fight a guy made of lightning to stop the soviets from making a super tank and conquering the world and one time he ate a bird that ate a guy and then he ran into a psychic guy who made him meet the ghost of the guy who he ate by eating the bird and he had to overcome the psychic mind control and there was also a guy who controlled bees and a really old guy who was a plant and had a parrot and anyway after he did that he went to south america but his boss stole his genes and cloned him and the clones were different and he set up a secret organization to control information and they made AI and more nuclear robots and I didn't watch peace walker all the way through so anyway after some stuff happens the deep state CIA sends a skull dude to blow up his secret off shore oil rig base and there is this psychic kid who feeds off anger and the lightning guy he fought before comes back but he's on fire now and the skull guy wants to destroy the west by decolonizing it by killing people who speak english using ancient native american parasites that also give people super powers and the main guy, right, isn't the main guy he's a friend of the main guy's who was secretly surgically altered to look like the main guy but he actually isn't but he forgot but everyone pretends he is because the real main guy has to go and do the same thing the fake main guy is doing but different and he also dies afterwards because his cool son kills him except maybe he doesn't if you believe the secret ending of the other game where the son is old because of a secret virus that only kills people the deep state wants it to except it's mutating and getting out of control and it might kill everyone but in the secret ending the main guy is alive except the virus kills him but it was all a ruse you see also the deep state controls everyone's emotions with AI 5g chips implanted in the military so that's why the guy's son had to blow up the AI at the end.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 21, 2020

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Murgos posted:

I've got an idea. How about Counter-Conspiracies? Which I guess would be world-wide government conspiracies to cover up and de-legitimize non-governmental conspiracies? Use even more attractive, but harmless, conspiracies to distract conspiracy minded people to things that don't involve attacking random people on the street or burning museums. Stuff like the my-little pony people are hiding even sexier ponies because they are so sexy even the normies will want to sex them.

I don't see anything that could go wrong here.

"Okay, so the problem is that we have one big conspiracy that seems to include all other conspiracies under its banner. We'll break it up by introducing smaller, more innocent conspiracies, therefore fracturing the big one into smaller factions that can then be more easily dispersed."

~two months later~

"Okay, so the problem is that we have one big conspiracy that seems to include all other conspiracies, including the ones we introduced, under its banner."

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

It's called syphilis from loving hundreds of women

"women"

Try "girls"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Murgos posted:

Also, Biden won't be president this christmas no matter what happens and the Pope and Prince Phillip can't be deep state. They are just the state. You can't be part of a group undermining the state when you are the embodiment of the state, at that point it's just policy. Someone subverting them would be the deep state.
I heard that this Pope person is a Roman Catholic. Is Q aware of this? What are they doing about it?

I heard the same about John F. Kennedy Jr.

Wheels within wheels.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Sadly, there usually aren't individual events that make someone disbelieve a conspiracy theory. The mountain of debunked "evidence" and the constant passing of predicted "the storm is finally here!" dates is proof enough of that. True believers will tie themselves in knots to delude themselves that, actually, they're still right and need to Trust the Plan.

If we look back to the Satanic Panic of the 80's and 90's, we see that it gradually faded away. There wasn't a single event that made Evangelical leaders come out and say "well, our bad, folks, we were wrong." Everyone just gradually stopped talking about it, and pop culture moved on. True believers still remained - a church in my small hometown still hands out tracts on how to recognize Satanic activity every year around Halloween - but the national movement gradually fizzled out due to a variety of cultural, religious and political changes over time.

While there are obviously differences between the two, I think that'll be what happens with Qanon. The main reason Qanon spread so fast was the use of social media, combined with the pandemic lockdowns and an authoritarian right-winger in the White House. Once those factors start changing, we'll see fewer True Believers as more and more people start to move on.

This isn't to say that trends aren't troubling and we shouldn't still be wary of Qanon, but sadly there isn't anyone can actively do to make it go away besides stopping discussion of it on social media. Which, thankfully, companies are starting to do, even if it's way later than they should have.

For me the worrying part is this is basically a partisan weaponized version of the Satanic Panic; before, there was no specific bad guy, and it wasn't particularly partisan (conservative, yes, politically aligned no), it was just "they" and eventually people could walk away with a "well, I guess there's no more". Bad theories plus bad data collection (i.e. remarkably if you use adult interrogation techniques on children they cave quickly and will tell you whatever you want them to) produced these cases, and once those cases fell through and police were given the "don't do that" the cases feeding this went away and daytime talk shows went back to marital infidelity.

In this case, there aren't even victims here being coerced to drive it, and the "bad guys" aren't going away because it's whoever the GOP faithful say it is (spoiler - it's the Democrats). There's no fuel to the fire, it's a self-sustaining reactor now.

I mean, best case scenario it fades into the background pop culture radiation and joins the ranks of Roswell, JFK, alien abductions etc. that all became a national obsession for a while and eventually just ran out of new details. People will save face with "all the people behind it are dead now", and hand wave it away. I don't think that 37% are voting Democratic anytime soon anyway.

Also, I still stand by the theory that half of them know it's bullshit but like being able to scream that anyone they don't like is a secret child molester and have thousands of likes on their twitter for doing so. This lockdown has provided a surplus of Karens who are angry they're limited in their ability to clutch their pearls, put on their best fake outraged face and lie to the Appleby's manager "I swear I heard the server call me a bitch, I demand she be fired and I get a 20% discount" and this is their outlet.

Cicadalek posted:

Does Bruno Mars Is Trans?
I think the "almost everyone part of this is secretly trans" is the public facing version of "almost everyone part of this is lizard people"; once they ascend to QT3 they get told the real story.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

OwlFancier posted:

Actually thinking about it the plot of metal gear solid is very Q like. I want to introduce them to it.

:words:

Cool, buddy

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

MGS2 is the qanon one anyway

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This isn’t really qanon-related, but I just realized that the 1987 film Dragnet starring Tom Hanks and Dan Akroyd drew its plot from the satanic panic. I realized this because I just saw this wonderful music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT_QRKfv8H4

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

This isn’t really qanon-related, but I just realized that the 1987 film Dragnet starring Tom Hanks and Dan Akroyd drew its plot from the satanic panic.

When you mentioned Dan Akroyd, I immediately checked to see if he's fallen into QAnon stuff, due to yeah being Dan Akroyd.

Quick glance at his twitter seems that he hasn't, thank god. Mostly just talking about his vodka and occasionally mentioning ghost stuff. Akroyd maybe crazy be seems he's not that crazy at least!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Mad Hamish posted:

Pope: Look! The last supper is a significant event in the life of our Lord, the penultimate supper was not! Even if they had a conjurer and a mariachi band. Now, a last supper I commissioned from you, and a last supper I want! With twelve disciples and one Christ!

Michelangelo: One?!

Pope: Yes one! Now will you please tell me what in God's name possessed you to paint this with three Christs in it?

Michelangelo: It works, mate!

Pope: Works?

Michelangelo: Yeah! It looks great! The fat one balances the two skinny ones.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

dr_rat posted:

When you mentioned Dan Akroyd, I immediately checked to see if he's fallen into QAnon stuff, due to yeah being Dan Akroyd.

Quick glance at his twitter seems that he hasn't, thank god. Mostly just talking about his vodka and occasionally mentioning ghost stuff. Akroyd maybe crazy be seems he's not that crazy at least!
I think Dan Aykroyd is a legitimate committed Spiritualist, as in that is an actual religion and he is a member of it. So things like that probably provide you with a certain amount of grounding, bizarre as it may seem, as opposed to just sort of constantly digesting whatever the ambient bullshit is.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Mad Hamish posted:

The qanonanonymous podcast guys were sniggering about starting an eye bug rumour before they went to the recent Qult meetup. Their podcast about what went on there is due out soon(ish), usually a fun listen.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nessus posted:

I think Dan Aykroyd is a legitimate committed Spiritualist, as in that is an actual religion and he is a member of it. So things like that probably provide you with a certain amount of grounding, bizarre as it may seem, as opposed to just sort of constantly digesting whatever the ambient bullshit is.

He's also big into old school UFO stuff. He kind of got set into his conspiracy and paranormal thing groove a long time ago and he's sticking to them.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

He's also big into old school UFO stuff. He kind of got set into his conspiracy and paranormal thing groove a long time ago and he's sticking to them.

My take on Akroyd is that he's weird and into paranormal stuff, but nothing malicious like QAnon.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Just got in a shipment of deep state eye bugs, good quality, fair prices, hmu

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
I'd imagine there are a lot of paranormal and alien enthusiasts that are quite annoyed at Qanon showing up and making the public equate their relatively-harmless beliefs with thinking there's a Democrat Satanic pedo-cabal.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

My dad is into this stuff too and he hates Trump. Was lately questioning if Trump was faking having Covid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Murgos posted:

The, 'all the white folks gonna be put in internment camps when the libs win' has been going on since at least March. At least, that's when my brother started spewing it.

I'd like to say that come a year or two from now and there is no white people internment camp that they will realize how duped they were but I doubt it will register
There's a not-insignificant contingent of Americans who believe that the U.S. literally became a communist dictatorship between 2008 and 2016 until Donald Trump restored capitalism.