Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

FMguru posted:

every hardware product google touches shrivels and dies (with the weird exception of the chromecast)

somehow the nest thermostat keeps iterating in likely some confusion where they dont know they own all of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

with the removal of the home security line the nest line is either original products from other companies or a speaker or screen to compete with amazon lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

i vomit kittens posted:

my issues with YTM aren't related to the functionality of the app itself. I originally choose google play because i listen to a lot of lovely no-label indie music that spotify, etc. don't have and YTM's library is also missing most of the same stuff.

also, I hate the fact that it shares suggestions with my normal youtube account

yeaaah, i just tried to find a fairly popular older collaboration album and all i could get were cobbled together playlists that people had made or the full thing as a single track instead of an official album listing. every search combination i could try of either artists or album title could not get it to show.

i've always used a separate "youtube" account so i didn't have that second problem, that sounds terrible.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I tried youtube music for sometime when I had google play music and it made me like Spotify.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
youtube music search is either broken or purposefully not wanting you to listen to the "official" track

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

infernal machines posted:

:shrug: you're not going to open outlook one day and find it missing buttons. if you do, someone hosed up because there are stable lts versions and patching and upgrades can be managed.

if you don't give a poo poo about any of that, then sure, maybe gsuite is your speed.

unless you use office365 and have outlook on the web

lol

:suicide:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

bobbilljim posted:

youtube music search is either broken or purposefully not wanting you to listen to the "official" track

If you don't listen to the official one google doesn't have to pay licensing fees, cool life hacks!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Zamujasa posted:

unless you use office365 and have outlook on the web

lol

:suicide:

pretty rarely, and in those cases you (or rather your subscription admin) will have gotten a meticulous email detailing the change well in advance.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Celexi posted:

I tried youtube music for sometime when I had google play music and it made me like Spotify.

same

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Celexi posted:

:yossame:

I still feel like GPM was better but YM is just god awful

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

pretty rarely, and in those cases you (or rather your subscription admin) will have gotten a meticulous email detailing the change well in advance.

so what you’re saying is that the end user experience is the same as gsuite

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Soricidus posted:

:laffo:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Soricidus posted:

they said pretty rarely, not every few weeks

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

what does leica even mean there

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sagebrush posted:

"Look at how much I spent on this, an Andorrhoid device"?

:shrug:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Sereri posted:

:yossame:

I still feel like GPM was better but YM is just god awful

all of the streaming services are flawed in one way or another. after trying a few it's actually surprising just how many things GPM got right. it's got music locker functionality, was pretty good for finding new stuff (recommendations and radio stations), and library management was acceptable.

i'll most likely be sticking with apple music, primarily because of icloud music library. but there's a very clunky separation between your library and just browsing apple music, GPM was much more fluid. and of course itunes on windows is...far from ideal.

but so it goes with any technology choice, everything sucks just gotta found out what sucks the least for you personally

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

my big issue with apple music was it does zero buffering, as soon as you hit a patch of spotty reception it’s gone

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Jenny Agutter posted:

my big issue with apple music was it does zero buffering, as soon as you hit a patch of spotty reception its gone

Add the music to your phone first?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

ratbert90 posted:

Add the music to your phone first?

"you're holding it wrong"

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Jenny Agutter posted:

my big issue with apple music was it does zero buffering, as soon as you hit a patch of spotty reception it’s gone

cd skipping is back in ipod form

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

it means 5x the price

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Best looking camera wart yet

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
camera doughnut

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

spin the camera wheel

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SO DEMANDING posted:

"you're holding it wrong"

I mean, yeah, it sucks, but if you are going to keep doing the same thing over and over while bitching, then eventually it's on you. Especially when there's a download button.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Pin the lens on the leica

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

camera roulette, every picture uses a random lens

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
dick-pic wheel

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

apple music was hilariously bad when I tried it, it flat out just didn’t work. poo poo would lock up and not play etc etc. just garbage all over

spotify has been rock solid and is loving great at recommendations and discovery. I love spotify

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

does spotify's radio still suck rear end? when i had it in ~2015 it would play maybe 5 songs over and over.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

i vomit kittens posted:

does spotify's radio still suck rear end? when i had it in ~2015 it would play maybe 5 songs over and over.

it is pretty darn good now, it only seems to get stuck being repetitive in niche genres.

you could just login and create a radio station based on an artist or album you like and look through what it makes. should give you an idea if it is improved for the music you like.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I used Pandora back in the day and every station you made would eventually turn into the Red Hot Chili Peppers all the time.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
the spotify app is a piece of poo poo. the iphone app works much better

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Spotify tends to converge for me to some songs no matter what I start on

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

stadia courts twitch streamers

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

stadia courts twitch streamers

this dude is getting ratioed into the phantom zone, including by streamers that stadia paid to promote the service

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

calling the people you rely on to promote your product a bunch of thieves is certainly one way to ingratiate yourself

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

sure you paid for the game or stadia sub (lol), but if you're doing anything but playing it by yourself in a locked room under a blanket, you owe us money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

sure you paid for the game or stadia sub (lol), but if you're doing anything but playing it by yourself in a locked room under a blanket, you owe us money

Somewhere an RIAA executive just got a hardon and doesn't know why.