Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rumda posted:

But why? He deserves it and makes it so easy.

I'm enjoying a quick browse of the 'controversies' section of his Wikipedia page. What an utter oval office. It's somehow even more depressing that he could act that way being only 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Today is Ben Bradley

https://twitter.com/maplecocaine/status/1080665226410889217

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

stev posted:

I'm enjoying a quick browse of the 'controversies' section of his Wikipedia page. What an utter oval office. It's somehow even more depressing that he could act that way being only 30.

He's younger than me and yet is still a rotten stump of a human being.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

He's even being hammered by the deputy political editor from the daily mail lmao

https://twitter.com/johnestevens/status/1319734612491468806

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Does he not realise that people can, like, just READ the words he wrote?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Has Rayner ever walked back her scummy proposal that Posting should be illegal https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/angela-rayner-ban-anonymous-social-media-abuse-labour-facebook-twitter-a8551716.html ? She's seeming pretty good and high energy at the moment but that policy is just the most awful, disgusting idea, and if she's not backed off it and apologised for being authoritarian/evil/an idiot enough to have even considered it then gently caress Rayner she needs to be in a bin.

Also thanks to everyone that recc'd Disco Elysium have poured a combined 7 hours into that and Thronebreaker today and regret nothing.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Lol at been Bradley

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Vitamin P posted:

Has Rayner ever walked back her scummy proposal that Posting should be illegal https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/angela-rayner-ban-anonymous-social-media-abuse-labour-facebook-twitter-a8551716.html ? She's seeming pretty good and high energy at the moment but that policy is just the most awful, disgusting idea, and if she's not backed off it and apologised for being authoritarian/evil/an idiot enough to have even considered it then gently caress Rayner she needs to be in a bin.

Also thanks to everyone that recc'd Disco Elysium have poured a combined 7 hours into that and Thronebreaker today and regret nothing.

lol, the two parties are never going to apologise for being ignorant / evil on civil liberties at this point, it's a lost cause getting even young politicians like Rayner to appreciate that.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/1319754421606154243

this could get spicy

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Vitamin P posted:

Lmao the SHOW YOURSELF COWARD act

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Ben Bradley may be a complete moron but he's posting through it relentlessly. Leadership material.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Old B Bradz is on one recently, only a few days ago he was tweeting about cultural marxism. Imagine if one of the shadow cabinet under Corbyn had done that :allears:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OK, you work at CCHQ. Why would you look at his tweeting today & then decide "let's get him on the telly"

I guess so he'll stop tweeting for 10 minutes?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Not So Fast posted:

lol, the two parties are never going to apologise for being ignorant / evil on civil liberties at this point, it's a lost cause getting even young politicians like Rayner to appreciate that.

It's such a fundamentally stupid idea though, like to use an obvious example Mumsnet has legit helped a lot of women escape domestic abuse, they apparently have extremely good Whatsapp groups on top of the forum too, if those women weren't allowed to post anonymously and instead legally had to use their real name that would destroy the ability for women to access a useful online community in a safe way.

"Your already abusive husband was able to read what you posted about your relationship?" lmao literally get battered then bitch we have to protect some politicians Mentions from mean words donchaknow, and that's not even to point out that free speech and free expression is inherently a sociopolitical good and it's an expression of literally the enlightment and ah gently caress I'm getting mad

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If your goal was to keep the maximum amount of stupid contained in one person it makes sense.

Perhaps if they burn ben bradley in a wicker man they won't have to actually pay for the school meals.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I assume they think he's going to calmly and clearly explain how he was misquoted earlier and their pet journo is just going to sit there and nod away politely

what is actually going to happen is he'll be asked one softball question and immediately dig himself an even bigger hole, get angry and start shouting at everyone

and the journo is going to monster him because if there's one thing the BBC loves it's putting the boot in

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

TheRat posted:

He's even being hammered by the deputy political editor from the daily mail lmao

https://twitter.com/johnestevens/status/1319734612491468806
I think he's deleted it and is trying to claim it didn't happen:

https://twitter.com/tryinmybestest/status/1319677876770320387?s=19

Nothing coming up on archive.org, is there anywhere you can look up deleted tweets? The reply at least is still there.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Nothing coming up on archive.org, is there anywhere you can look up deleted tweets? The reply at least is still there.

Politwoops, but their website is a bit slow suddenly :v:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Vitamin P posted:

It's such a fundamentally stupid idea though, like to use an obvious example Mumsnet has legit helped a lot of women escape domestic abuse, they apparently have extremely good Whatsapp groups on top of the forum too, if those women weren't allowed to post anonymously and instead legally had to use their real name that would destroy the ability for women to access a useful online community in a safe way.

"Your already abusive husband was able to read what you posted about your relationship?" lmao literally get battered then bitch we have to protect some politicians Mentions from mean words donchaknow, and that's not even to point out that free speech and free expression is inherently a sociopolitical good and it's an expression of literally the enlightment and ah gently caress I'm getting mad

Yeah but they also have caused so much pain due the the shear amount of transphobia they have dished out and encouraged.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The suggestion I think I had last tme was LGBT online spaces which obviously need participants to be insulated from their everyday lives.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Vitamin P posted:

To be fair Diane Abbott has also said similar. I strongly disagree because I see it as a further erosion of civil liberties and wide open for abuse, but the idea isn't that you can't post anonymously but rather that Twitter/Facebook/etc. have a record of your name and address so if you post something illegal they can be compelled to reveal it.

In practice it would never work without China-level restriction of the internet, since most social media sites aren't hosted in the UK so you'd basically have to threaten them with country-wide blocking to get them to agree. But I can't get all "get in the bin" about Diane Abbott even if it is a poo poo idea.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OwlFancier posted:

Politwoops, but their website is a bit slow suddenly :v:

Can't see it on there.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Me neither, just a lot of tory MPs deleting a bunch of pro EU stuff from the referendum lol.

https://www.politwoops.co.uk/p/conservative?page=3

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

jabby posted:

To be fair Diane Abbott has also said similar. I strongly disagree because I see it as a further erosion of civil liberties and wide open for abuse, but the idea isn't that you can't post anonymously but rather that Twitter/Facebook/etc. have a record of your name and address so if you post something illegal they can be compelled to reveal it.
Diane Abbott also thought banning the sale of sulphuric acid because of a handful of crimes was a workable idea, and I could feel every 60 year old with a Norton in their shed that comes out once a year reverberate with rage at that one.

There was a completely logical solution right on the shelf for that one too, mandate the minimum sale size to be 5L. A 5L jug of concentrated sulphuric acid weighs over 9kg, so nobody will be carrying that around on the street, and transferring it to a smaller container with the intent of using it as a weapon is already seriously illegal under the Firearms Act.

But also, I can't get all "get in the bin" about Diane Abbott because enough people hate her for terrible reasons, I just wish that the first thought politicians had regarding an issue was "is there a creative solution" rather than "can I ban X to look tough?"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sunak just tweeted Manchester crack dens are only getting £12.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

B-Bradz on Newsnight makes me just a little mournful we didn't get to see Paxman hit him with (god, thank you Thick of It for this line) the Rubbery Horse Face Of Mock Incredulity.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I wish any politician of any party and none would cease making comments about 'what to do about social media / IT / computers' when 99.9% of them are complete ignoramuses on the topics and are entirely clueless of (a) implications of their suggestions should they prove workable and (b) impossibility of implementing most of what they suggest.
Honestly, this former MP I know nearly burst out crying when I gave his wife an old 'flat panel' monitor of mine instead of the old lumpy 'tv style' one he had. He said to her "where have all my files gone?" (He thought they lived in the monitor). It was almost like that scene from Zoolander when the two guys are looking for files 'in the computer'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2uHBhKTSe0

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Diane Abbott also thought banning the sale of sulphuric acid because of a handful of crimes was a workable idea, and I could feel every 60 year old with a Norton in their shed that comes out once a year reverberate with rage at that one.

There was a completely logical solution right on the shelf for that one too, mandate the minimum sale size to be 5L. A 5L jug of concentrated sulphuric acid weighs over 9kg, so nobody will be carrying that around on the street, and transferring it to a smaller container with the intent of using it as a weapon is already seriously illegal under the Firearms Act.

But also, I can't get all "get in the bin" about Diane Abbott because enough people hate her for terrible reasons, I just wish that the first thought politicians had regarding an issue was "is there a creative solution" rather than "can I ban X to look tough?"

I tried to buy some sulphuric acid drain cleaner recently, and it's all gone "trade only". Very annoying.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/markjenkinsonmp/status/1319723319566962690?s=19

Uh huh.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Why haven't the leadership just told all Tory MPs to log off for the weekend?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Why haven't the leadership just told all Tory MPs to log off for the weekend?

They're watching to see who can post the most obnoxious ultra-toryist tweets so they can get promoted to the Cabinet next reshuffle. (And which ones will just brazen out their disgustingness - also a qualification for high office in our glorious land).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

jabby posted:

I tried to buy some sulphuric acid drain cleaner recently, and it's all gone "trade only". Very annoying.
I just bought it from lab suppliers, but it now seems even they're not offering it, so I don't know what's going on there.

Hydrochloric acid seems to be the one remaining one that you can buy at what's considered standard concentrated. Which is odd because that would also be extremely unpleasant if someone used it as a weapon, and also randomly releases chlorine or hydrogen chloride with other cleaning agents, which is less than ideal.

Nitric was the first to go because you could theoretically use it to do a terrorism even though the actual terrorist bombings tended to use completely different methods, like 'stealing semtex from the army' in the case of the pro ones and 'sticking some poo poo off ebay in a plastic bucket and hiding in the toilets' in the case of the not so pro ones.

This is why the BMJ wants them legal, so that that doesn't happen.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 24, 2020

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jfc what an utter oval office. Ironic given how he seems to look down on his constituents.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Did Bradley humiliate himself on Newsnight then?

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

We should stop all benefits across the country in case any of that money is used to buy a ten bag. If you become unemployed you can live in the G4S housing complexes made from repurposed office spaces in the middle of cities, subsisting on government approved slops before given your broom that you have to put a £10 deposit on before sweeping up outdoor areas. Anyone caught lollygagging about will face personal contact sanctions, and you receive a £3 bonus for alerting the authorities of such (£5 for anyone you're related to)

Anyone under the age of 40 will receive extra slops for donating blood and bone marrow that is kindly donated to the retired community. You can also opt in to have their blood flushed through your body and back into theirs as a human dialysis machine, for the chance to get an hour of free credit on the Government Web Zone.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Comrade Fakename posted:

Did Bradley humiliate himself on Newsnight then?

I need an update from someone who watched Ben Behaving Bradley.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Checking Ben Bradleys twitter account and seeing posts on his feed where he quotes an image of his abhorrent rant, and then denies saying the very words he has quoted is just amazing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1319721177879924737

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
3 more places do that and the tories will have a law up for debate about it being illegal to bar sitting MP's from anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

While I hope a shitload of places start barring Tory MPs I doubt they're places they'd go anyway.