Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Feral Integral posted:

ah, you dont know poo poo about cspam

been a follower since the old LF days. there are some good people who donate and protest. I’ve seen a few canvase for Jess. however a majority like to post funny spellings of Trump and link twitter posts.

while you’re pulling some “no true Scotsman” poo poo, why not do something meaningful like v*te, protest, donate, and canvas

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Malkina_ posted:

Interesting theory

Contrapoints is telling those leftists you dishonestly proclaim to care about to vote for a guy who’s entire career has been crushing the working class/democracy under the boot of capital. Go look it up if you don’t believe me

If you want to pretend leftists have any power whatsoever in this country while making GBS threads on them go post in GBS or D&D

so what is the alternative you are personally contributing to beyond posting?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

a splitter is a poster who essentially a gatekeeper on what a “true” leftists is. they end up more focused on attacking other leftists instead working towards a common goal.

example: all the people hating on the trans person in the video

oh drat I had no idea there was a word for this! seems extremely common :(

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I mean at least I, a old millennial, am learning all the cool online lingo from this

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Marzzle posted:

oh drat I had no idea there was a word for this! seems extremely common :(

here’s a funny example to help illustrate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS-0Az7dgRY

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

so what is the alternative you are personally contributing to beyond posting?

I mean what do you do besides apparently being weirdly obsssesed with some YouTubed who is trans I assure you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

while you’re pulling some “no true Scotsman” poo poo, why not do something meaningful like v*te, protest, donate, and canvas

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

sure

what’s the alternative that you personally will do? if you can v*te and choose not to, what will you personally do instead that can reduce harm and/or improve the outlook of the vulnerable?

lots of cspam posters poo poo post, don’t donate, don’t protest, and don’t canvas for leftist causes. some do and they loving rule. most don’t.

this very thread has cspam postings attacking an overall positive trans person because she made “straw man arguments” that they are literally posting in this thread.

while you think of a reply, why not take a stroll to your nearest polling station and go v*te

hmm, yes

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean what do you do besides apparently being weirdly obsssesed with some YouTubed who is trans I assure you

v*te :)

which you should do too if you haven’t already

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This gimmick is deeply embarrassing

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Grapplejack posted:

This gimmick is deeply embarrassing

A bunch of loving lib idiots started posting when they made other idiots like seven hundred bees a cspam mod :thunk:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

sure

what’s the alternative that you personally will do? if you can v*te and choose not to, what will you personally do instead that can reduce harm and/or improve the outlook of the vulnerable?

lots of cspam posters poo poo post, don’t donate, don’t protest, and don’t canvas for leftist causes. some do and they loving rule. most don’t.

this very thread has cspam postings attacking an overall positive trans person because she made “straw man arguments” that they are literally posting in this thread.

while you think of a reply, why not take a stroll to your nearest polling station and go v*te

gotta admit I'm pretty surprised to be rehashing these tired old dnd arguments in cspam but oh well. if you're really looking for my ~progressive bona fides~ here they are: I'm involved with my local DSA chapters, my IWW branch, and one of my city's bail fund/prisoner support orgs. After a push to organize my own workplace fizzled out largely due to covid, I'm trying to find ways to help organize and unionize my industry. I was a bernie victory captain. despite polling location lines being long as gently caress every time i've driven past one after work, I still filed my mail in ballot like a good boy because I wanted to vote for howie and some ballot measures that were important to me.

there. is that good enough for you? am I allowed to post criticisms of this asinine VOTE (sorry, v*te!) BLUE NO MATTER WHO dogshit?

if so:
you're not doing poo poo in this thread, sorry. telling people to ~~v*te~~ isn't poo poo. it's not effective, it's not loving praxis. it doesn't matter. the left lost when bernie lost and we need to find a way forward and it definitely doesn't center around rallying votes for joe loving biden. if you want to vote for biden because that's what you personally feel like is most effective use of your GE vote, or something you should do in an ethical sense, fine, by all means, but you're not doing any loving work by trying to vote shame people here, or encouraging them to d*ang just go friggen v*te you friggen goons!!! voting is only strategically useful in the aggregate, as part of a political movement, and joe biden's political movement doesn't involve the left, so i'm out. I have no desire to vote for a demented racist war-criminal rapist anyway.
again, if you think it's "harm reduction" or whatever, by all means. just keep that poo poo to yourself.

also, check this out: trans people are, in fact, people! trans people suffer additional oppression under our poo poo awful system, without a doubt, but the idea that anyone who is trans is automatically a comrade and 100% right about everything is the liberal fetishization of identity over everything else. trans people can have bad ideas like anyone else. trans people can be liberals. trans people can have otherwise good political youtube careers but have a bad opinion on one subject. all this can be true because they are people like anyone else and not ideological bludgeons you can swing around so you can appear to be the wokest one in the room.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

v*te :)

which you should do too if you haven’t already

no no I said what do you do besides yell at other leftists.

Voting isn’t doing anything. it’s slactivism at its purist

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
every morning i get up, go on a walk, and v*te

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

i'm among the lowest effort political contributors on this subforum and even i clear that bar. gently caress off, idiot

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Contra: Rogue Corps isn't too bad but it doesn't quite fit with the series, they should have called it "Total Carnage 2" instead

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.
It's really hard to see how things will get better in this country because weirdos have been convinced that "v*te"-ing is activism, so every 4 years they go pull levers for one of two false choices, sigh contentedly at having Done Their Part, and things continue as usual.

Imagine scolding leftists for not wanting to do something as pointless but also symbolically humiliating as voting for Joe loving Biden so the child cages can be blue the next 4 years

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
but remember guys, go v*te!!111

https://twitter.com/kylekulinski/status/1319456240083390464?s=21

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Voting is important, but it's also a basic expectation of citizenship and literally the least you can do.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

what I mean is that I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for the argument that a vote for biden will be responsible for a good thing happening to a specific group but somehow is not responsible for the continued suffering of other vulnerable groups, especially when a lot of people who are thinking about this election like you are are going to go back to brunch when joe wins because "well joe's not great but this is a victory for ______!" (trans rights, in this case)

at any rate the way you vote is important to only you, and joe wins or loses based on who the campaign manages to turn out (almost no one, but for trump) so trying to vote shame here is useless for anything but an attempt to capture the libidinal pleasure of attacking a political enemy, but done in an ostensibly left space because you don't come into contact with enough right wingers (or don't feel like you can attack them for closeness or safety reasons or whatever)

actually the reason I posted it is because I want to convince lurkers in swing states to vote instead of staying home, and I want them to vote because my life (and probably their loved ones lives) will be concretely better and safer under Biden than Trump in obvious and unarguable ways.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ocean Book posted:

actually the reason I posted it is because I want to convince lurkers in swing states to vote instead of staying home, and I want them to vote because my life (and probably their loved ones lives) will be concretely better and safer under Biden than Trump in obvious and unarguable ways.

Everyone here either already voted or isn't going to vote Biden no matter what, because he's a sex pest and is one of the most right wing Dems (why he was picked to balance out the Obama ticket in the first place).

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

shovelbum posted:

Voting is important, but it's also a basic expectation of citizenship and literally the least you can do.

i'm going to vote, but that's just me

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

you should be proud.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Ocean Book posted:

Joe Biden winning or losing is going to be due to the voter organization and mobilization conducted by the democratic party as a political party, not because of you whipping votes in the cspam subforum of something awful dot com even if you were able to totally command the votes of a few hundred or thousand nerds spread across the country. Without a political project behind you (like Sanders' was, like Joe's is), you're pissing into the ocean.

Do whatever you want to do but you should at least understand that what you're doing here is, again, done only to satisfy your desire to own posting enemies, or own sense of responsibility, or own insecurity about the democrats, or whatever. If biden loses petulant c-spam nojoe commies won't be to blame, and if joe biden wins it's not because you heroically rallied cspam lurkers to the defense of trans people.

posting clap isn't clap praxis clap

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
i watched the contrapoints 1 hour 20 minute cringe video. what about it is pissing ppl off?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

antisocial democrat posted:

Bernie told me to pokemon vote at the polls for biden but, I think, I would prefer not to.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

The Unnamed One posted:

Vote smart, vote S-MART

im gonna join a voting club

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Smythe posted:

i watched the contrapoints 1 hour 20 minute cringe video. what about it is pissing ppl off?

the firstr contrapoints video i watched was the one on cringe, which was good but about an hour too long. i cant tell if people are talking about that cringe video or the voting video

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Smythe posted:

i watched the contrapoints 1 hour 20 minute cringe video.

lol owned

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ocean Book posted:

while I personally wouldn’t argue that my life is more important than the lives of all the people the neocons in the Biden coalition will end or make substantially worse, I can respect it as a reason to vote Biden. not as a reason to try to vote shame others though

let’s not pretend that Biden is simply a harm reduction candidate. he will, definitely, be responsible for maintaining and increasing harm in other areas. it isn’t harm reduction, you’re just shifting it around

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Smythe posted:

There's some really galling stuff part way through. Give it another watch and it'll be obvious.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I assume this thread is going well

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

nobody’s attacking the trans woman for being trans you worthless loving moron, they’re saying she has a dumb argument and she’s repeatedly shown herself as bigoted towards non-binary people and trans people who can’t or don’t plan to have surgery. what’s more transphobic, criticizing a trans person for things completely unrelated to their gender identity, or using a trans person’s identity as a token for you to stir poo poo

the main thing I remember you for is posting ten hours a day in the mock thread for the Xbox one only to completely 180 when fyad people started trolling the thread so you could ingratiate yourself to them, which of course didn’t fuckin work

you are a staggeringly lazy and unfunny troll, nobody is impressed, nobody is convinced. gently caress off

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
One of the grosser things that liberals do is find one or two trans people stupid enough to agree with them on whatever psycho poo poo they're pushing on any given day and then act like anyone who disagrees must be transphobic to do so.

It's so transparent in the way that they want to use minorities as tools to serve their abhorrent and often self-destructive purposes that it makes my skin crawl.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

One of the grosser things that liberals do is find one or two trans people stupid enough to agree with them on whatever psycho poo poo they're pushing on any given day and then act like anyone who disagrees must be transphobic to do so.

It's so transparent in the way that they want to use minorities as tools to serve their abhorrent and often self-destructive purposes that it makes my skin crawl.

:frogdowns:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

go ahead and elaborate what’s so stupid about that post instead of your pithy single-emoji response

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Pirate Jet posted:

go ahead and elaborate what’s so stupid about that post instead of your pithy single-emoji response

republicans do it as well

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Maya Fey posted:

republicans do it as well

cool, does that means liberals don’t do it now

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Pirate Jet posted:

cool, does that means liberals don’t do it now

i didn't say that.. relax

Adbot