Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

BlazeEmblem posted:

For the record, if you just sit and wait, without using the power bomb, the SA-X will leave. Once it's encounter theme goes away, it is safe to power bomb and leave.

Oh I know.

Now I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Word. First time I heard about this too.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I really like the puzzle of needing the X to transform into a different enemy better positioned for freezing.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

It doubles back a couple of times, and it takes a while before it leaves, but yes, it will leave the room.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

So is "friggin' frig" a British phrase or just a Nat20ism?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Some Goon posted:

So is "friggin' frig" a British phrase or just a Nat20ism?

It is me trying very hard not to swear like crazy.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

show us your "No Cussing Club" membership card

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I am inclined to be charitable and not count the death via fast forward against Natural 20. If he'd been playing this on an actual Nintendo system instead emulating it, there would've been no fast forward state to accidentally toggle on, which means it's possible he could have either won or lost the fight entirely on his own merit. Since we can't know for certain, that attempt should be scrubbed from the record. The boss only took two attempts.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Oh Yakuza, you have the BEST RNG.

There's still one more boss I can't wait to see.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

It counts. Death by fast forward counts.

W.T. Fits posted:

The boss only took two attempts.

Your mom only took two attempts.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Have to say, I was surprised to hear Tea chip in. Thought this was a Nat only thing at first, what with real life getting in the way of you two streaming together. And I seriously thought the fast forward thing was you skipping ahead for convenience's sake, and "death by fast forward," was just some weird kind of excuse to get out admitting you died the first time until reading the comments here and remembered there is an actual fast forward option on emulators as a whole. Makes me wonder if you're using a controller too, or just using the keyboard. The last time I tried playing Super Mario World on an emulator with just the keyboard, it was a thoroughly miserable experience and I wonder how anyone can play platformers keyboard only without going batshit.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

For the record it's absolutely possible to beat the game in 5 hours start-to-finish. My gameplay file shows 3:24 and I was playing it blind.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

I was watching a tool-assisted speedrun on youtube the other day that was about an hour and a half.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

I hope that you have a death counter for the next video. Especially since Natural 20 never uses angled shots.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Shitenshi posted:

Have to say, I was surprised to hear Tea chip in. Thought this was a Nat only thing at first, what with real life getting in the way of you two streaming together. And I seriously thought the fast forward thing was you skipping ahead for convenience's sake, and "death by fast forward," was just some weird kind of excuse to get out admitting you died the first time until reading the comments here and remembered there is an actual fast forward option on emulators as a whole. Makes me wonder if you're using a controller too, or just using the keyboard. The last time I tried playing Super Mario World on an emulator with just the keyboard, it was a thoroughly miserable experience and I wonder how anyone can play platformers keyboard only without going batshit.

I'm using a controller. Fast Forward is bound to RT and is often useful when playing very grindy snes games.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
Oh, Yakuza. Bane of the 1% playthrough. With how far it is from the nearest (active) save point, its incredibly random-feeling second phase that speeds up and slows down on a whim, having almost no health and missiles to survive its onslaught and a hard-to-avoid energy tank being right on the path to its boss room it's a massive, massive pain. I don't think I ever managed to get past it...

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

I just know the next episode is going to be exciting.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Can confirm that if you're in Morph Ball and tucked into one of the corners of the room, Yakuza cannot touch you except with a fire attack. Also the pro move on the second phase is to use charged beam shots; one pellet will take out the larvae thing that it drops and the other two will hit the boss.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

This boss was the name of my existence as a kid. On the replay this lp inspired I beat it first try, but I was still down to my last e-tank. I swear morph balling in a corner doesn't work as.well as Tea says it does. Also, fast forward deaths 100% don't count.

I see I missed the new megaman lps, but Nat20 plays the classic Mega Man series when? It would be very interesting to see you play through games that click with you more than Metroidvanias do and commentary on such.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Radio Free Kobold posted:

Your mom only took two attempts.

That was hurtful and uncalled for. :(

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
That bit about 5:18 in the video where the computer notes that it CHECKED and made sure they weren't X hosts? It drives me nuts when people ignore that and try and theorycraft on assuming they're infected.

I would say the first Yakuza fight didn't entirely count if you genuinely didn't mean to hit the fast forward, same as if you were playing and like had the GBA fall and knock the cart loose or something on a physical run. You did gain a bit of knowledge that might have allowed you to reach the bouncy head stage on the first real run though, so something "2.5 tries" seems fair.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Yakuza is a right motherfucker, even 3 full tries would have been impressive on a first playthrough imo

The walkback is infuriatingly long too for what I consider the second-hardest boss in the game.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

That was hurtful and uncalled for. :(

sorry

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Some Goon posted:

This boss was the name of my existence as a kid.

:thunk:

I'm not. :colbert:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
So, is there any logic behind the name of the boss? Does it mean "web" or something similar?
Kinda hard to connect spiders and organized crime.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It was called Gedo in the JP version iirc.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
oh no

NAT YOU DIDN'T SAVE

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Krysmphoenix posted:

oh no

NAT YOU DIDN'T SAVE

He did around 19:45 in the video. I had the same worry too...though if it were me I would have gone back to the ship to recharge for what's next :evilbuddy:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Thanks for the correction, yeah I was expecting the refresh not just a save and go.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The first fast forward death shouldn't count, but future ones should.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
All fast forward deaths count double. The first one counts triple. :colbert:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

I was wondering how Nat would get through the shutter hallway without the R button.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Oh this video is fantasstic

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Death montage intensifies.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

BlazeEmblem posted:

I hope that you have a death counter for the next video. Especially since Natural 20 never uses angled shots.

Huh, turns out that angled shots weren't a problem. But I was right to expect a ton of deaths.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Glorious.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I can't believe that the easiest part of this whole section of the game is what caused all of this agony.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The beginning of the video was really frustrating.

When the problem is the execution rather than the plan, yelling about what the plan is supposed to be is not helping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trump Card
Jun 25, 2008

HEY GUYS
Fun fact: In that vertical shaft that looked like you couldn't do anything in? If you land on the ledge on the right side of the screen and morph, you can find a hidden recharge room. Because of course that's the best place to put one.