Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Meridian posted:

So it's kind of up in the air whether the expansion to pee pee poo poo blood tears game is coming to Switch at this point right? I've been working on that file, so I'd be bummed out if it is only coming to PC.

Just on twitter, saying things, but:
https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1318739111147089920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Do the Isaac battle royale idea, Ed. Make zillions and let me screw players over like Bomberman.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

TOOT BOOT posted:

Didn't he just say he put most of the ideas he had for Isaac 2 into the DLC? I assumed that meant he wasn't going to do a sequel...

I think what he said was that after Repentance he'll have expanded upon the current gameplay as much as he could ever want to and an actual Isaac 2 would be something very different to set itself apart from being just another expansion

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
An open, seamless map exactly like Enter the Gungeon's is the only major idea I've had for an Isaac 2 that can't be done in Isaac's current engine. EtG is basically an ideal Isaac 2 for the most part, I just absolutely despise the gun-switching and dodge-roll mechanics. If it were like Isaac and you had one base weapon that got upgraded with passives that had synergies and ditched the dodge-rolling for smoother movement it'd be perfect.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Game by company named Dodge Roll has too much dodge rolling, news at 11.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LifeLynx posted:

An open, seamless map exactly like Enter the Gungeon's is the only major idea I've had for an Isaac 2 that can't be done in Isaac's current engine. EtG is basically an ideal Isaac 2 for the most part, I just absolutely despise the gun-switching and dodge-roll mechanics. If it were like Isaac and you had one base weapon that got upgraded with passives that had synergies and ditched the dodge-rolling for smoother movement it'd be perfect.

Yeah, that was my thinking too. BoI is a riff on Legend of Zelda's dungeons, maybe the next thing to tackle is Zelda's overworld.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Someone in this thread said way back when, that Ed has said his biggest regret with Isaac is the linear nature of the choices; Is this item good for my current run y/n? So in any hypothetical BoI 2 I'd expect theres options/more options to be more or less the default. Being presented with two options every time means you actually make a meaningful choice (especially if one is okay and the other is strong but with a real drawback for example, or even "what do you need more, survivability or damage") instead of the current normal of "pick up the item unless its actively detrimental to your run". For the record, I'd be all for that, its would feel more like you actually built your broken run more often rather than "oh, the game just handed me this one". I'd like more choices in general, maybe "Do you want to go to the regular version of the next floor, or the champion variant?" could be fun.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I am coming back to Isaac after taking about two months off. I just creamed Greedier mode as Eve and it felt real good to destroy that golden rear end in a top hat and dump 65 coins into the machine.

Am I correct to assume if I clear Greedier before Greed I get both rewards?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Some Goon posted:

Game by company named Dodge Roll has too much dodge rolling, news at 11.

I always found the dodge roll in Gungeon to be a bit of a trap.

Tofu Injection
Feb 10, 2006

No need to panic.

Wildtortilla posted:

I am coming back to Isaac after taking about two months off. I just creamed Greedier mode as Eve and it felt real good to destroy that golden rear end in a top hat and dump 65 coins into the machine.

The rewards are the same on both greed machines, so definitely get 999 in regular
Greed machine. I think as far as the post it note goes, greedier counts for both stamps.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Wildtortilla posted:

Yes.

(You used to have to do both separately, for some dumb reason, but it was patched a long time ago.)

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

SiKboy posted:

Someone in this thread said way back when, that Ed has said his biggest regret with Isaac is the linear nature of the choices; Is this item good for my current run y/n? So in any hypothetical BoI 2 I'd expect theres options/more options to be more or less the default. Being presented with two options every time means you actually make a meaningful choice (especially if one is okay and the other is strong but with a real drawback for example, or even "what do you need more, survivability or damage") instead of the current normal of "pick up the item unless its actively detrimental to your run". For the record, I'd be all for that, its would feel more like you actually built your broken run more often rather than "oh, the game just handed me this one". I'd like more choices in general, maybe "Do you want to go to the regular version of the next floor, or the champion variant?" could be fun.

Note that Antibirth had both of these kinds of choices (more choose your item rooms and alternate level paths), and was much more fun to play for it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i'm convinced that fighting Delirium with the cursed eye is just an unwinnable situation, the game might as well have just killed me the moment I picked up the item

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

i'm convinced that fighting Delirium with the cursed eye is just an unwinnable situation, the game might as well have just killed me the moment I picked up the item

Cursed Eye is the main reason I never pick any item up on Curse of the Blind floors unless it's from the shop or a devil deal. It's always Cursed Eye. Every time.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Cursed Eye is just goddamn awful.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah I always start a new game if I end up picking up cursed eye

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I'd take cursed eye over guillotine, but I still always wind up restarting after trying to make it work for a couple rooms.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I know that it's not technically the worst item in the game because black candle can remove the curse and turn the item into a straight upgrade, but for me it's the worst item in the game and I've never run into the situations where it's useful, it's always just been that thing I pick up by accident that instantly kills a great run. At least other items that can backfire on you spectacularly and kill a build like Libra have recognizable sprites, the Cursed Eye is literally just an unassuming white dot!

And Delirium is the absolute worst boss to have it against since you are basically never safe from damage at any point in the battle and his damage reduction keeps anything but only the most absurd of OP builds from getting the fight over quickly. Hush and Ultra Greed are long fights too but they are at least readable and you could figure out moments where it's relatively safe to attack, Delirium is just constant chaos coming from every direction. God that Repentance overhaul of this fight can't come soon enough.

For context, this was a great Forgotten run where I had just steamrolled through Mega Satan and gotten the random Void portal and was thinking that I'd be able to get two endgame checkmarks for the price of one. I'm so tilted now.

Augus fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 22, 2020

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I appreciate that there are items in the game that are usually pretty awful to take (like guillotine) but every now and then you find an interesting combo.

It's not how I'd do it, especially given that you only have one choice at a time, but I guess it adds some flavor.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Either options or rerolling pedestals should just be a default feature of the game instead of being relegated to item effects an random occurrences.
Playing as Isaac and having the D6 as a starting item makes the game much more fun since there's a decision-making process with every item you find.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

Either options or rerolling pedestals should just be a default feature of the game instead of being relegated to item effects an random occurrences.
Playing as Isaac and having the D6 as a starting item makes the game much more fun since there's a decision-making process with every item you find.

Every character starting a D6 and a backpack would be a fun mod. You'd definitely have to rebalance in other ways because it'd be very OP currently. Probably add a bunch more items and dilute the item pool further.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Having Isaac eventually start with the D6 is tbh just genius game design. Let the player feel good!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Augus posted:

I know that it's not technically the worst item in the game because black candle can remove the curse and turn the item into a straight upgrade, but for me it's the worst item in the game and I've never run into the situations where it's useful, it's always just been that thing I pick up by accident that instantly kills a great run. At least other items that can backfire on you spectacularly and kill a build like Libra have recognizable sprites, the Cursed Eye is literally just an unassuming white dot!

IMO even with the black candle it's still a bad item.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Having every item room be two items and you HAD to take one to unlock the door would be interesting, in theory. I'd want to try that out.

I had a run today where I started with Delirious, the active item that spawns a boss to fight alongside you. My Eden stats were on the low end, so I used it to help me with the Rag Man boss fight... but it summoned a friendly Rag Man, which although it killed the boss in two seconds, I was stuck in the boss room with no way out. I guess the game is coded in a way that it's got the boss as a variable and sets it when it creates the floor, and then only unlocks the door and spawns the exit when the boss no longer exists in the room. But a Rag Man entity still existed in the room, and there was no way for me to harm it, so I was stuck with it forever. I saved and quit and continued, which put me in the room, where I took too much damage.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Finally got around to unlocking the holy mantle for the lost on my new file, and then on my first lost run I got blank card, starter deck, jera, algiz, cricket's head, mom's knife, and tech x :stare:

That's hush and delirium down but I missed the boss rush by about 12 seconds :qq:

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Is there an easy way to unlock the Lost? I thought about greed mode and just buying trinkets but no sacrifice room. I've literally got like 10 characters full completion marks and only seen the missing poster once, and that was on a run where I as OP as gently caress and needed the unlocks so I couldn't go for it really.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it's a trinket so mom's box will drop the poster eventually if you find away to spam it enough.
you could also try to spam the restock machine in a shop, or a fortune teller machine as Cain

Augus fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 24, 2020

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kifisonfire posted:

Is there an easy way to unlock the Lost? I thought about greed mode and just buying trinkets but no sacrifice room. I've literally got like 10 characters full completion marks and only seen the missing poster once, and that was on a run where I as OP as gently caress and needed the unlocks so I couldn't go for it really.

Yeah, mom's box is the best way but it's still pretty rare. After the last time I unlocked him I resolved that if I do another save file to just drop everything and unlock him no matter how well the run is going if I see the poster. The wiki recommends glitter bombs + gold bomb which sounds good if you don't mind spending literal days of playtime setting off bombs to fish for it.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
New Repentance devblog post, this time a rather substantial interview with the Antibirth team. Also has some cute concept art of Antibirth bosses and a few Repentance preview gifs.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Augus posted:

it's a trinket so mom's box will drop the poster eventually if you find away to spam it enough.
you could also try to spam the restock machine in a shop, or a fortune teller machine as Cain

Carpator Diei posted:

New Repentance devblog post, this time a rather substantial interview with the Antibirth team. Also has some cute concept art of Antibirth bosses and a few Repentance preview gifs.
Managed to finally get him unlocked after getting lucky with a blank card and 2 of diamonds and rinsing the stores of items. Then on the same run I beat It Lives, Isaac and ??? with him too because I was so overpowered.

Lost runs are fun though so I'm looking forward to the rest of the unlocks, and getting godhead obviously.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Weird pair of simultaneous questions. One, has anyone ever gotten hit by Hush's floating black-and-purple shots that go off the side of the screen in waves and come back from the other side? And two, how do you dodge those shots?

Because I've never been hit by them, and yet I have no idea why not. I literally just stand still the instant he starts shooting them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Weird pair of simultaneous questions. One, has anyone ever gotten hit by Hush's floating black-and-purple shots that go off the side of the screen in waves and come back from the other side? And two, how do you dodge those shots?

Because I've never been hit by them, and yet I have no idea why not. I literally just stand still the instant he starts shooting them.

You've been getting very lucky; they can absolutely hit you. Standing still is your best defense.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

When he initially shoots them they’re going over your head. They can’t start hitting you until they’ve looked around the room once and built velocity. The point is to be confusing visually once multiple sets are flying, trying to get you to panic and start running which is how most of them will hit you

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Didn't actually think I'd get this done in a day. At some point I had a supremely overpowered run going, started with Prop from Eden's Blessing on a previous run. Then found Dr Fetus, then found Ipecac. For some reason my own explosions didn't hurt me and I don't know what I picked up to make that happen, but by the time I made it to It Lives I as doing just under 100 damage per bomb, which got me through Hush, Satan, The Lamb and Delirium :stare:

Just under 100 achievements to go, hopefully can get this file 100% before Reptenance

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

PIZZA.BAT posted:

When he initially shoots them they’re going over your head. They can’t start hitting you until they’ve looked around the room once and built velocity. The point is to be confusing visually once multiple sets are flying, trying to get you to panic and start running which is how most of them will hit you

Protip: if you stand still right in front of him between two of the shot streams they won't hit you when they come back around. You have to change position if he switches from up/down to left/right or vice versa, though.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Kifisonfire posted:

Didn't actually think I'd get this done in a day. At some point I had a supremely overpowered run going, started with Prop from Eden's Blessing on a previous run. Then found Dr Fetus, then found Ipecac. For some reason my own explosions didn't hurt me and I don't know what I picked up to make that happen, but by the time I made it to It Lives I as doing just under 100 damage per bomb, which got me through Hush, Satan, The Lamb and Delirium :stare:

Just under 100 achievements to go, hopefully can get this file 100% before Reptenance

The item was host hat or pyromaniac- same effect for the lost. Also congrats- what you did is probably more rare than being struck by lightning

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

PIZZA.BAT posted:

The item was host hat or pyromaniac- same effect for the lost. Also congrats- what you did is probably more rare than being struck by lightning
Definitely didn't have either of them, which is why I'm kind of weirded out by that run. I really wish I took the seed down now.

EDIT: Never mind, apparently it's a synergy. Guess that makes sense with the crazy bomb damage.

Ipecac + Dr. Fetus: Isaac is immune to his bomb shots (not explosives or placed bombs) and the damage is massively increased, as the +40 damage from Ipecac is run through the damage multiplier of Dr. Fetus. Shots will also explode immediately on impact with enemies, rocks or walls.

Kifisonfire fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 24, 2020

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The Moon Monster posted:

Protip: if you stand still right in front of him between two of the shot streams they won't hit you when they come back around. You have to change position if he switches from up/down to left/right or vice versa, though.
...this is what I've been doing (by accident) for years now and just never got around to asking about it. Thanks, I guess :shobon:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I wonder if Repentance might add one more floor after the Corpse to round out the route with a Chest/Dark Room equivalent, since as-is the Antibirth route ends up being one floor short of the main game route.

Augus fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

If anyone wants to live the soy milk + libra dream: On today's daily don't open the floor 2 item room. Go to the secret room above the shop and grab the quarter and gold bomb. Use the reroll machine in the shop until More Options (gold ? mark box) appears and buy it. Then go into the item room and take libra. Soy milk will be in the item room on floor three.