Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

is it just me or is "what do u do irl to do politics" the new "pm me ur address bitch, lets see how u fare in The Real"

Lmao yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i mean its not as silly or badass but its kinda the same thing to me. an online debate or flamewar is online.... thats alright. its a battlefield on its own br0

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

it gets a bit silly. somehow a person who wants universal healthcare, guaranteed housing, guaranteed food/water, guaranteed education (all this poo poo should be free), increased arts, fixing climate change now (even if most of the effects now irreversible)....is a liberal

And because you want those things so bad, you not only vote for a guy who's against all of them, but you come online to a web site and tell other people to vote for the same guy, too.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Smythe posted:

is it just me or is "what do u do irl to do politics" the new "pm me ur address bitch, lets see how u fare in The Real"

not trying to do that but I can see it come across that way. I apologize if it does.

it’s more of a frustration with seeing a group of “online leftists” who stick to shitposting on twitter/cspam/Reddit and that’s about it

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

she didn’t say this

I’m not saying this

no one in this thread is saying this

a lot of cspam posters have a terrible history of complaining about “strawmen” and then does the same thing. this is a perfect example.

people aren’t cardboard cutouts. it’s quite possible to think Joe is an awful person but is less awful than another trump admin. it’s possible people are ready to protest and fight joe’s awful lib garbage and feel they have a better chance at forcing progress under a dem president.

I didn't watch the video, and you can vote however you want, i can't stop you

i just thought the pic was funny

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

not trying to do that but I can see it come across that way. I apologize if it does.

it’s more of a frustration with seeing a group of “online leftists” who stick to shitposting on twitter/cspam/Reddit and that’s about it

How do you know what any of us do.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i have negative karma on reddit #fail :troll: :grin: :dukedoge:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

But you don't know what people do! If they're doing something mainstream and Respectable, they don't want to be exposed as hanging out here, and if they're more radical they have very real security concerns

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

How do you know what any of us do.

that’s a fair point. I don’t.

what I do see is anyone voting for Joe for harm reduction is criticized and called an idiot.

what I do see is a trans person being insulted as a “liberal” who is in no way an actual liberal.

what I do see is cspam posters treating everyone like a cardboard cutout without knowing what they do in the background as well :)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
only thing i do is flog my balls with a rusty chain and post "lol" online, my friends

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

it gets a bit silly. somehow a person who wants universal healthcare, guaranteed housing, guaranteed food/water, guaranteed education (all this poo poo should be free), increased arts, fixing climate change now (even if most of the effects now irreversible)....is a liberal

they say they want these things, yet continually support people who explicitly say they won’t do any of them. hmm, wonder why leftists don’t believe them

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
jesus christ this is some celebrity youtuber who makes probably millions if i understand how this poo poo works, stop loving simping for some media brand personality like a cringey weirdo

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

If Biden is von Hindenburg, does this mean that he's going to appoint the new Hitler as a VP (Kamala will resign or something) and promptly croak...? :thunk:

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

shovelbum posted:

jesus christ this is some celebrity youtuber who makes probably millions if i understand how this poo poo works, stop loving simping for some media brand personality like a cringey weirdo

where is the Simping?

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

Horseshoe theory posted:

If Biden is von Hindenburg, does this mean that he's going to appoint the new Hitler as a VP (Kamala will resign or something) and promptly croak...? :thunk:

hunter is hitler reborn

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

miniscule12 posted:

hunter is hitler reborn

impossible, hunter is a pure soul tormented by his inability to fully carve out his soul and replace it with a lust for power like he was supposed to, unlike his dad and dead brother

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Homeless Friend posted:

how many contrapoints does joe biden have vs hillary do u think

Neither of them have ever posted their scores in Contra because they are losers who are obsessed with politics

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pirate Jet posted:

go canvas for Joe Biden instead of yelling at people who have made up their mind for your personal amusement you loving hypocrite

do NOT do this

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

where is the Simping?

In your posts. namaste

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Smythe posted:

they are getting checks from Biden imo

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

what I do see is anyone voting for Joe for harm reduction is criticized and called an idiot.

what I do see is a trans person being insulted as a “liberal” who is in no way an actual liberal.

what I do see is cspam posters treating everyone like a cardboard cutout without knowing what they do in the background as well :)

Lol gently caress off idiot

Malkina_ has issued a correction as of 15:07 on Oct 25, 2020

RoboTiio
Dec 29, 2007
ointernet!
virtualboyBLUENOMATTERWHO is the reason I didn't vote for Joe Biden.

:hfive:

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

biden boys are up to no good

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I voted for Hillary Clinton because it is time for a woman to be president

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

unironically based white women

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

online spaces that are free-wheelin' but not so free-wheelin' that nazis congregate there always go the same way, the left wins because it's funnier and cleverer than the other political views but then its a left-radlib space and those just loving suck for any kind of discussion

cspam is same as loads of places, its fail-children mods that think they're doing praxis/are briefly able to achieve an erection when they hit the suspension button, and posting culture that you can be as dumb/boring/a oval office as you like as long as you're fervently Correct

contrapoints has a better take on the election than these idiots, you do too btw

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

this thread has been the highest return on low effort trolling investment op has ever seen, they must feel like elon musk

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Wheeee posted:

this thread has been the highest return on low effort trolling investment op has ever seen, they must feel like elon musk

That's what D&D is

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vitamin P posted:

online spaces that are free-wheelin' but not so free-wheelin' that nazis congregate there always go the same way, the left wins because it's funnier and cleverer than the other political views but then its a left-radlib space and those just loving suck for any kind of discussion

cspam is same as loads of places, its fail-children mods that think they're doing praxis/are briefly able to achieve an erection when they hit the suspension button, and posting culture that you can be as dumb/boring/a oval office as you like as long as you're fervently Correct

contrapoints has a better take on the election than these idiots, you do too btw

"all these left places suck for discussion! They're full of boring cunts who only probate people for thrills!" sure is a surprising and unexpected opinion from the guy who gets constantly probated because he just physically cannot stop throwing slurs around

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

based white women, I say, proving I am not a terminally online weirdo

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

personally, op, i think voting is yeet poggers. just imho.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

based white women, I say, proving I am not a terminally online weirdo

[10 probations for saying misogynistic poo poo voice]: actually white women are pawg redpill material

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
:gas:

Apathy420
May 18, 2017

by Cyrano4747
She deleted all her pre-transition videos which is a real bummer and the true reason why she should be cancelled

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

she didn’t say this

I’m not saying this

no one in this thread is saying this

a lot of cspam posters have a terrible history of complaining about “strawmen” and then does the same thing. this is a perfect example.

people aren’t cardboard cutouts. it’s quite possible to think Joe is an awful person but is less awful than another trump admin. it’s possible people are ready to protest and fight joe’s awful lib garbage and feel they have a better chance at forcing progress under a dem president.

she said it

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Vitamin P posted:

Good. You are neither funny nor insightful, btw.
So, good job failing on both counts and whining about memes while coming off as a massively smarmy liberal with 100% ego and exactly zero contents in the brain box.

Do you have any arguments that aren’t regurgitations of YouTube personalities?
If so I’d like to hear them. Otherwise please show yourself out

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
Okay here’s the BASIC rear end poo poo that most leftists want:

Instead of trying to shame or brow beating us into voting, how about they run a candidate that is actually palatable and OFFERS people something in return for their vote.

Oh you can’t?
Too bad. No vote for you.

No one and I mean no one in the history of this clustetfucked universe had to change their political platform once they’re voted in to suit the voters that voted them in. No loving one.

So the only chance for us, to have our concerns heard is before we credulously vote these fucks into office.

And since they offer nothing and have doubled down on offering nothing, excuse me for just stating the very loving obvious - this has, it seems, generated only very limited enthusiasm for these candidates.

Gee I wonder why?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I feel like trying to own someone for posting on a different subsection of the same forum you do is uh not well thought out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

this thread kicks rear end thank u to virtualboycolor and contrapoints for making a containment centre for the worst genres of posting in cspam