Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Just saw the prices on Persona 5 figures on Ebay...the slightly cheaper Chinese ones are knockoffs right?

Are there other (cheaper) Persona 5 figures? The best I can get are Funko Pops and I'd rather not get any more of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If it comes from China it's almost certainly a knockoff. The cheap ones definitely are. Some Chinese sellers are bolder and charge the going price for real ones for the knockoffs too though. I'm sure there are some legit stores there but you'd have no real way of knowing.

A good way to find what's out there is to check MFC's page for a character. Here's Joker for example: https://myfigurecollection.net/entry/79739

It doesn't look like there's much though. Primarily pricier statues.

They've been coming out over the course of a few years now. The last one left is Crow, and he just came into stock at the Japanese stores this week. There's also a Kasumi that was shown as a prototype but hasn't been announced for release or anything.

You can probably find Futaba, Haru, Crow and maybe Makoto for around normal prices. The rest came out too long ago and prices have jumped.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Anyone have a NECA Drake they don't want? The scalper prices on him are dumb.

EDIT: To clarify, I mean Uncharted Drake, not Aliens Drake.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 25, 2020

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Ive started reading the Hisstank forums when the new classified series started coming out looking for previews of new figures. But boy howdy are there some toxic people there...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dale-Taco posted:

Ive started reading the Hisstank forums when the new classified series started coming out looking for previews of new figures. But boy howdy are there some toxic people there...

I'm not shocked. The TF Fandom is loving horrible and the toxicity in the motu Fandom is becoming more evident the longer I spend in it.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Yeah I don't get the mindset that leads people to want to toy fascist.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I don't think there's much crossover in the thread, but I just got the Final Fantasy 7 polygonal figures in today. They're small, but are really fun to look at and really punch you in the nostalgia gut if you played the original game when it was new. Having them sit on the shelf by my desk will be a ton of fun. In case anyone was wondering, buying a full case does guarantee you all the figures it seems like, but you might get a double instead of the bonus chase figure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Agrias120 posted:

I don't think there's much crossover in the thread, but I just got the Final Fantasy 7 polygonal figures in today. They're small, but are really fun to look at and really punch you in the nostalgia gut if you played the original game when it was new. Having them sit on the shelf by my desk will be a ton of fun. In case anyone was wondering, buying a full case does guarantee you all the figures it seems like, but you might get a double instead of the bonus chase figure.

I bought mine directly from SE (which was dumb because BBTS would have had them out to me quicker and cheaper but oh well) so I'm still waiting on them to get here, but that's what I assumed so it's good to have confirmation.

What's the chase?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Aphrodite posted:

What's the chase?

The chase is Cloud in drag. I didn't end up getting it, and got two Clouds instead.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

New Figuarts Kamen Rider Black

for fun, compare that to the original Figuarts Kamen Rider Black from 10 years ago

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

It’s amazing how much toy technology has advanced in even ten years time.

Unrelated, I just finally got a refund from a sale that fell through and I’m looking for opinions on what to splurge it on instead! Here’s what I’m eyeballing:

1) Mezco Darkseid - hefty price tag but I’ll basically never need another Darkseid to menace my 1/12th figures again.

2) Storm Collectibles Golden Axe Ax Battler w/Dragon & Skeletons - I already got the one set of skeletons, but who could say no to more, plus the only other extant Golden Axe figures ever.

3) Some combination of cheaper things - Mafex Hush Batman & Spider-Man, Figma Goblin Slayer & Samus Aran, Amazing Yamaguchi Wolverine, Deadpool, & Gambit.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Agrias120 posted:

Thanks for the reminder! I think I’ll buy those for myself soon.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oooooohhhhhhhhh gently caress. This one is gonna hurt the wallet.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Sanschel posted:

Unrelated, I just finally got a refund from a sale that fell through and I’m looking for opinions on what to splurge it on instead! Here’s what I’m eyeballing:

1) Mezco Darkseid - hefty price tag but I’ll basically never need another Darkseid to menace my 1/12th figures again.

2) Storm Collectibles Golden Axe Ax Battler w/Dragon & Skeletons - I already got the one set of skeletons, but who could say no to more, plus the only other extant Golden Axe figures ever.

3) Some combination of cheaper things - Mafex Hush Batman & Spider-Man, Figma Goblin Slayer & Samus Aran, Amazing Yamaguchi Wolverine, Deadpool, & Gambit.

I'm a huge Kirby /New Gods fan, so I may be biased, but the Mezco Darkseid is one of my favorite action figures I own period.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

This is so sick but man, I wish HT would remake the Raimi spidey...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

lmao that looks nothing like the Fiend smh

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Speaking of Persona (which granted I started but whatever!) I've been trying to get the school uniform Joker from ebay for the last week and so far I've had two cancellations. One was a shop saying they inspected it and found it was damaged, and the other saying they didn't actually have any stock.

I know it was a festival exclusive, but you've remade regular Joker 3 times now guys. Help me out.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
Three of the five vintage MOTU figures I need are currently on eBay with reasonable bids. I'll be watching these like a hawk over the next few days.

Even If I end up winning just one of them it's a step closer to completion.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Shiroc posted:

I got the Figma Twilight Princess Zelda today and its really neat.

I haven't had Figmas before. Most of my other fancy Japanese toys have been Figurarts/Monsterarts. Is this level of articulation and accessories what they normally have?

Figma are great and at least mine have the least amount of QC issues among my imports (Figuarts/Figma/Mafex/Revoltech)

I have Lucina, Ninja Batman and Saitama around too, but here are some random Figma pics.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 26, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pitwar posted:

Three of the five vintage MOTU figures I need are currently on eBay with reasonable bids. I'll be watching these like a hawk over the next few days.

Even If I end up winning just one of them it's a step closer to completion.

It's a struggle. Buzzsaw Hordak is at dumb price levels. Rotar and Twistoid are insanely overpriced.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1320797287157657600

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

It’s like they only used the one scene where his helmet is off and he’s all sweaty and hosed up as a reference. I get what they’re going for but, uh, yeesh. The TVC version looks better, but this is probably a “the helmet stays on” situation.

Pedro Pascal’s a handsome dude too, I don’t know how they screwed that up so bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's like, the ideal male form in GoT.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Sanschel posted:

Mezco Darkseid is amazing but don't pay retail for him. I got it for around $115 last year on ebay and I think you can still get it for around that price if you dig a little.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man.

Mike's Vintage sold their Eternia and my plan was to head there on Friday for it. Ugh. Yeah I have one but it's in rough shape and that one was nearly flawless and also the best price I'd seen.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
New Kenner-style Mandalorian figures:
IG-11: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KJHZ1VD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Moff Gideon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KJF2XRX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Baby Yoda w/pram: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KJG1VTR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Greef Carga: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KJHQVZV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Mando: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KJJC8DN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Kuiil: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KJJ6Z9B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Cara Dune: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LDSWKNC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vintage Collection Moff Gideon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KJB59HC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vintage Collection The Armorer:
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Co...d-games&sr=1-23

Black Series Scout Trooper w/Speeder Bike & The Child (Amazon Exclusive)
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-6-...nd-games&sr=1-5

The Kenners don't ship til July, but the TVCs ship in January.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 26, 2020

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I know they're doing their best, I just think that speeder looks like it's leaking /a lot/ of oil

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I know they're doing their best, I just think that speeder looks like it's leaking /a lot/ of oil

I think it’s supposed to be grayish like it’s kicking up dust, but yeah it’s not great. Anyone know of a decent alternative that can hold that weight?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

If that speeder doesn't have a button on back to make it explode into three easily lost pieces, I'm not sure I want it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I think it’s supposed to be grayish like it’s kicking up dust, but yeah it’s not great. Anyone know of a decent alternative that can hold that weight?

The scene the figure is from takes place in a lava field. The effect is supposed to look like waves of hardened lava rock.

It also might be the first action figure of Jason Sudeikis.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Can't believe it doesn't come with a FORCE PUNCH action. Or at least a biting feature for the baby.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

I haven't bothered to watch the mandalorian, but im starting to think maybe i should.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The scene the figure is from takes place in a lava field. The effect is supposed to look like waves of hardened lava rock.

It also might be the first action figure of Jason Sudeikis.

Finally I can start building my 30Rock collection! He can go with Lamont Cranston on the shelf.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

Finally I can start building my 30Rock collection! He can go with Lamont Cranston on the shelf.

You know, NECA did a poo poo ton of Twilight figures, but they never did one of Michael Sheen. It's a shame you can't have Wesley Snipes on the shelf too.

https://twitter.com/30RockQuoteOTD/status/1313958026269908993?s=20

radlum
May 13, 2013

Are Mando Mondays gonna be a regular thing or just today? That was...just OK as new merch to hype up the show; I keep waiting for a Moff Gideon Black Series figure.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m so mad they made a 2 pack with Mando and baby Yoda with the prim. Thankfully it sold out in 20 seconds.

Not a joke apparently. 20 seconds lmao. gently caress this stupid target poo poo.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

radlum posted:

Are Mando Mondays gonna be a regular thing or just today? That was...just OK as new merch to hype up the show; I keep waiting for a Moff Gideon Black Series figure.

Every Monday through the season, apparently.

radlum
May 13, 2013

blast0rama posted:

Every Monday through the season, apparently.

Thanks! Hopefully next week will be more interesting.

I was interested in getting that Mando/Baby Yoda 2-pack...until I saw Pascal's face on the figure. There's "the tech is not quite there" and there's "let's just make this good lookin man look as bad as possible".

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

radlum posted:

YakFace says Black Series figures for Greef, Gideon, and Kuiil are still coming, so they’ll likely be revealed in the next few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Tangentially toy related, Master Replicas are filing for bankruptcy.