Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

Jabor posted:

yeah i can see how that would change the evaluation of the card somewhat

3 to stifle the fetch, get a land and gain the body with the static effect might see some play yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Just got a shipping notice from the Seb kickstarter :toot:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

kalvanoo posted:

3 to stifle the fetch, get a land and gain the body with the static effect might see some play yeah

Randomly shutting down Depths and D&T seems pretty savage, too

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

The real question is does that guy suddenly let hatebears style decks win against decks that they weren't already winning against with cards like aven mindcensor or leonin arbiter? It's certainly more powerful than either of those, but it might still be too fair outside of swamp, go -> dark ritual, opposition agent in response to your fetch.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I just want Opposition Agent to live long enough in Legacy to see someone cast it in response to a Doomsday.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Bust Rodd posted:

this is better than we deserve honestly

somebody better than me make this into a gang tag, I slapped this together in mspaint in like 5 minutes

ok tried a little harder, but i don't understand why the border isn't rounded

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 28, 2020

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:wiggle:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

One, two, three, four, I declare a thumb war!

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
Can we get an artifact called Winota’s arm?

...or did the raccoon bear eat it? :fuzzknot::ohdear:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Diablo crossover set so we can have Wirt's Leg, too

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Lone Goat posted:

somebody better than me make this into a gang tag, I slapped this together in mspaint in like 5 minutes

Oh I LIKE this one.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
Maybe replace the mana cost with a tap symbol and green mana symbol?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Tulul posted:

Maybe replace the mana cost with a tap symbol and green mana symbol?

it's a real card

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

fadam posted:

Not a commander player, but I love the flavour text.

I really love everything about this. It's one of those times where a card is just kind of perfect on every well. An aesthetically perfect card.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The Lord of Hats posted:

I really love everything about this. It's one of those times where a card is just kind of perfect on every well. An aesthetically perfect card.

It should roll a die and copy the spell that many times. Probably do the half thing where 1/2 is 1, 3/4 is 2, 5/6 is 3.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

Lone Goat posted:

it's a real card

{T}{G} :ssh:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

It should roll a die and copy the spell that many times. Probably do the half thing where 1/2 is 1, 3/4 is 2, 5/6 is 3.

Sadly, dice rolling isn't allowed outside of silver border :(

Lack of Bear
Jun 12, 2007

he couldn't bear it

Lone Goat posted:

Is there a reason why you didn't include the bottom line of the card frame like the larger image? The little sliver of card art in the small version keeps bugging me.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Vidmaster posted:

The real question is does that guy suddenly let hatebears style decks win against decks that they weren't already winning against with cards like aven mindcensor or leonin arbiter? It's certainly more powerful than either of those, but it might still be too fair outside of swamp, go -> dark ritual, opposition agent in response to your fetch.

Yeah I mean the largest cEDH tournament ever just happened and Mono-W Heliod Stax made T4, those decks are doing fine. I'm pretty sure this card actually pushes both casual and completive players away from tutors and fetches feeling completely free and difficult to punish, because a lot more people are playing black spells.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Lack of Bear posted:

Is there a reason why you didn't include the bottom line of the card frame like the larger image? The little sliver of card art in the small version keeps bugging me.

the lower frame of the top image is just a flip of the top part and real sloppily done (look at the lower left and right corners) and this is just a proof of concept hoping that someone better than me does it properly

ugh barf no thanks

Hraathgar
Jan 21, 2016
Dammit, I was getting hyped for Opposition agent + Guided Passage combo, but it does not work.

Reading cards stifles hope.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Would this be a good thread to post my modern rw land destruction brew? I’ve been grinding it on cockatrice and losing maybe 1/5 games, with some tuning we might have a murdergoats here.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Posting magic content is good, and hopefully it won't get drowned out by an argument over BBGG or WWUU

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
For the academies consideration: Bust Redd

Creature (8)
4x seasoned pyromancer
4x simian spirit guide

Instant (6)
2x valakut awakening
4x lightning bolt

Sorcery (17)
4x boom // bust
3x cleansing wildfire
3x crack the earth
4x pillage
3x shatterskull smashing

Planeswalker (11)
4x Chandra, acolyte of flame
3x Chandra, torch of defiance
2x Sarkhan the masterless
1x Ajani vengeant
1x Chandra, heart of fire

Land (18, 23 w/spell lands)
3x arid mesa
4x darksteel citadel
4x flagstones of trokair
3x mountain
1x plains
3x sacred foundry

Sb (very rough)
1 grafdiggers cage
2 relic of progenitus
3 magmatic channeler
1 wispmare
2 lightning helix
2 mana tithe
2 anger of the gods
1 parasalene
1 wrath of god

I know cockatrice isn’t a perfect gauntlet but this is the most consistent I’ve gotten land destruction to win in modern in years

Tricks and tips:
-On the draw, go ssg, crack the earth, and play land for the turn. (Captain Philips voice) Look at me, I’m going first now.
-If your opponent is playing a deck cleansing wildfire is useless against, point it at your own flagstones or citadel for a cantripping rampant growth in red (also fun on t1 with ssg)
-You almost never wanna play lil Chandra turn 3 unless you’re picking off a lil teferi
-Sandbag extra lands/spirit guides once you can reliably bust - these are great chaff for pyromancer and awakening
-don’t save a turn 2 boom to bust down the line ever, you win without busting just fine and will filter into your second if you need to
- board out ssg against slow decks, board out clunky walkers against fast ones
-Little Chandra is secretly the glue to the entire deck and it’s almost never the right call to board her out

dangerburrd fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 28, 2020

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

dangerburrd posted:

For the academies consideration: Bust Redd

You're somewhat close to the RW boom/bust deck that's been popping up in mtgo lists every week, although those mostly rely on nahiri/emrakul or sometimes karn tcg as a finisher. We chat about it a lot in the discord as I've been trying variants for the last few weeks on leagues. I've been having fun with it.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

quote:

1BRG
Legendary Creature - Viashino Shaman
Vigilance

If a player loses unspent mana, they lose that amount of life.

1, T: Each player gains BRG.

The return of mana burn!

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Does it stack in multiples? It doesn't seem like it from the english translation, but I don't know how official that is.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I love paraselene and wish I had a deck that could play it.

Jabor posted:

Does it stack in multiples? It doesn't seem like it from the english translation, but I don't know how official that is.

What do you mean stack in multiples? The card is worded weird in french, in a tense I don't think I've seen on a french card before.

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 28, 2020

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jabor posted:

I would assume not but they may have been loose with wording since most of the time, playing multiples of this card is unwise

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Lone Goat posted:

This is awesome and I wish I could polish it up but that is happening on the 7th of loving never

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Jabor posted:

It looks like it would, but it's also Legendary, so it's not likely to see multiples anyway.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Infinite Karma posted:

It looks like it would, but it's also Legendary, so it's not likely to see multiples anyway.

well you'd need to add a fourth color, it's just funny super jank

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I figured the gangtag would be {Q}{Q} anyway

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

the Orb of Zot posted:

The return of mana burn!

This is the guy I'm super excited about. I want to Harmless Offering a Braid of Fire to an opponent just once with this :v:

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Silhouette posted:

This is the guy I'm super excited about. I want to Harmless Offering a Braid of Fire to an opponent just once with this :v:

They can just choose not to "pay" the CU cost, though.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

the Orb of Zot posted:

The return of mana burn!

Over a decade of ignoring mana burn has left me with zero idea of how this card will actually play. How often does extra mana empty these days? How often will people remember? Even before mana burn was removed it rarely came up.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Vidmaster posted:

Even funnier: Scalding Tarn, let your opponent fetch, then fetch Underground Sea -> Dark Ritual -> Opposition Agent. Casting Notion Thief in response to Brainstorm is one of my favourite plays, with Opposition Agent this'll come up all the time.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

LifeLynx posted:

Over a decade of ignoring mana burn has left me with zero idea of how this card will actually play. How often does extra mana empty these days? How often will people remember? Even before mana burn was removed it rarely came up.

All I know is that I have SO MANY cards from Prophecy that I'm excited to lose games with now. Citadel of Pain! And... uh, others!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

LifeLynx posted:

End of every phase and step. Could be fun with some of school cards like Drain Power but thats already getting into 4 color Christmas land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Aranan posted:

They can just choose not to "pay" the CU cost, though.

Oh right, goddamn it :mad: