Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
https://twitter.com/GuilhermeBoulos/status/1316381416968552448

leftist twitter/youtube cabal going for the big leagues, also, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Plutonis posted:

I wish we had a good translated word for cope

enfim..

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Plutonis posted:

If he joins the MDB i'll probably die laughling

honestly? it would be amazingly hilarious having the most Brazilian of parties doing its best and subvert this american-style far right

bolsonaro having to say "sarney is actually a great person" lmao

:five:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Plutonis posted:

After the APB party crashing and burning, Bolsonaro is being courted by Centrão parties. If he joins the MDB i'll probably die laughling

my dad loving signed the thing (some bullshit about a # number of signatures) to try to make it an official party :suicide:

Global Disorder
Jan 9, 2020

dead gay comedy forums posted:

honestly? it would be amazingly hilarious having the most Brazilian of parties doing its best and subvert this american-style far right

bolsonaro having to say "sarney is actually a great person" lmao

Stop making me hope MDB has a potential positive role to play, please.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Camilo Santana (Ceará governor) accused the leading candidate of my city's mayoral election (Capitão Wagner) of leading the january cop mutiny that ended with Cid Gomes being shot in the guy and provided pics of him alongside its leading figures.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Plutonis posted:

Camilo Santana (Ceará governor) accused the leading candidate of my city's mayoral election (Capitão Wagner) of leading the january cop mutiny that ended with Cid Gomes being shot in the guy and provided pics of him alongside its leading figures.

won't that just make the fash support him more?

in other news today was pretty cool at the office, used the printer to print some news article about our mdb ex-mayor and current candidate being indicted for corruption to hopefully paste somewhere city center, next desk coworker had flu-like symptoms and didn't wear a mask at all coughing everywhere while i sipped my mate, a complete normal one, love plague country, opening third beer because why the gently caress not

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

bagual posted:

love plague country, opening third beer because why the gently caress not

honestly, agreed

filed in for a international job fair for immigrants in Montréal. probably lacking experience to get a good shot but who knows, they need people in tech and I speak decent French

some friends are like "b-but-but why be an immigrant" and I am like, lol in places like that at least my labor is far more appreciated and by population statistics alone I am far more likely to be valued more than by my own native government which thinks that 600 reais in aidbucks is a national tragedy greater than we literally losing the pantanal to loving dumbass landowners who are getting financially hosed and think they are going to win against international capital not buying their poo poo, meanwhile lol Brazilian agricultural values getting more and more screwed in the Chicago exchange

gently caress this poo poo where to buy a goddamned decent pair of pants to walk around with dignity is way too expensive to fit under an average middle loving class budget to pay wholesale, so you got to put loving monthly installments again for a loving pair of pants, and then there are the loving rich assholes thinking you shouldn't "splurge", but how the gently caress you are going to get a decent job without loving looking presentable and carrying yourself with posture and dignity, and a good loving lot of these loudmouthed poo poo-spewing imbecile morons can't barely write and got their stuff from the simple loving stupid luck of being born in a family that had land and probably a good deal of slaves to profit and exploit from and do completely useless administrative jobs or god loving drat it are ~~influencers~~ or some infernal variant of the sort

and even so I fully believe that one day, and might be long past when I am dead, the old saying will come true: o sertão vai virar mar and we will have something worthy of the Haitian Revolution to bring justice to all this disgraced suffering

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

honestly, agreed

filed in for a international job fair for immigrants in Montréal. probably lacking experience to get a good shot but who knows, they need people in tech and I speak decent French
If you do move here to Montreal hit me up, I can show you around!

spivak
May 19, 2010
This was amazing... Aren't most emigrates from Governador Valadares illegal, or in at least in a legal grey area?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

spivak posted:

This was amazing... Aren't most emigrates from Governador Valadares illegal, or in at least in a legal grey area?

can't recall exactly how it fully worked but Gov Valadares was (still is?) like the specialized "hub" to get people around here in the USA illegally

like, going up to and including foreign organized crime like paying Mexican cartels for documentation and getting lists of homeland security people to bribe for entry in target airports

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I don't know if the data is still current, but once upon a time Valadares was 4th in passports issued in Brazil (behind Sao Paulo, Rio and BH). Also, at some point it was estimated that the equivalent of 1/4 of the population of Valadares is in the US. A lot of the original wave of emigrates came to the US legally. During WW2 there was a Boston company that opened a subsidiary in GV and when the war was over the closed shop and a bunch of employees had married and etc in GV. But currently it is nearly impossible to get a visa to get into the US from GV.

The ex-wife of my best friend is a journalist who had been assigned to cover one of these big tech conventions in the US, and once they saw that she was from GV they rejected her visa, even though she had the proper documentation about covering the convention, a kid and a then husband in Brazil who weren't going, etc. Of course, I have no idea if that was policy or just a jerk in the consulate, but still.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
some of the worst people I've ever met in my life were brazilian immigrants in the US. one of my aunts married a gringo and they made lots of brazilian "friends" in the US. Once my aunt divorced him because of abuse and many other things, they threw her under the bus and spied on her for him, helped him threaten her, picked up her kids from the school once on his behalf without her permission etc. They just followed the money, had a ton of get rich schemes and exploited the poo poo out of new brazilian immigrants.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
That is true. A huge chunk of Brazilian immigrants to the US are the "I am going to prove I am one of the good ones" type of immigrant. Either that, or the very common "liberal in the US, reactionary in Brazil."

Back in grad school whenever there was a "Brazil" function it was funny, because me and the other Brazilian grad students (mostly in history) were all pretty left wing, but the undergrads were all the kids of multimillionaires who could afford tuition in the US, ultra reactionary scum.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Double post to say that after Bozo's meltdown today, I am seeing friends coordinating to get proof or residence in Sao Paulo from friends and family to get the vaccine. What a clown show.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/AroldeOliveira/status/1251863541310685187

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

one day, I would post this for the first time and it was going to be legit because gently caress irony

today is that day

lol that owns

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

owned so hard you lock your account from beyond the grave

maybe they'll turn his account into a cain gang style account

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also is it true that the reason that we are not buying the chinese vaccine is because of a LOL streamer because incredible if true.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

some friends are like "b-but-but why be an immigrant" and I am like, lol in places like that at least my labor is far more appreciated and by population statistics alone I am far more likely to be valued more than by my own native government

im waiting for a german citizenship myself, my mother got it and i'm trying to get it through her, i'm very middle class and went there already, and i'll never forget talking to the german goon i met who told me he got a 4k euro salary job in tech straight out of uni, it's loving mind bending that i could work my life away here and not come anywhere near that ever

ofc, corona torpedoed that whole project hard as when the loving thing arrives the euro will probably be at 20 reais and i'll never have the money to minimally establish myself there

here's hoping the latin american revolutionary winds hit us and we get a situation not worth escaping from

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm an ESL teacher right now and it's kinda hard to have prospects abroad if you're a non-native ESL teacher so welp.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

whats with this election and cringe rear end among us memes

https://twitter.com/esuplicy/status/1319048359198511107?s=19

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also remember when I was talking about how there's now Fourth Positionists running on this election? Well

https://twitter.com/andrebichosolto/status/1320734434312757249

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
biden is gonna make moro president lmao

https://twitter.com/BrasilWire/status/1321227809923149829

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Yeah the Obama State Dept people were real mad when Lula got released last year.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

just lol at dem-voting friendos around saying that biden is going to be helpful for international matters

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

just lol at dem-voting friendos around saying that biden is going to be helpful for international matters

I got into a Facebook argument about a post saying Americans need to vote for the "good of Latin America" too. Hah.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Trump lost Argentina and hosed up badly on Bolivia, it's shocking but he's the best choice for LatAm

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Plutonis posted:

Trump lost Argentina and hosed up badly on Bolivia, it's shocking but he's the best choice for LatAm

Yeah, he kind of legitimizes Bolsonaro from ideological affinity, but Trump thinks everyone in Latin America are subhuman creatures below his notice, as opposed to Democratic leadership who thinks everyone in Latin America are subhuman creatures that must be under an Yankee boot. Guaidó and Bolívia happened out of inertia, but Trumpian incompetence is legit preferable to DEM interventionism.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Plutonis posted:

new chilean constitution too

hell who knows that might be helping even the saner state governments around here, I doubt Maranhão would have managed to pull off that COVID treatment gear import heist otherwise

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Some of my old professors were in the first Lula government and they all said in 2004 that they were rooting for Bush, because after getting his hand slapped in 2002 in Venezuela he had pretty much left Latin America alone, while a bunch of the Clinton people were still loving around. The original Our Brand Is Crisis doc was precisely about democratic consultants (Greenberg Carville Shrum) helping defeat Evo in the 2002 election.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

guess the American goons are gonna have to take one for the team

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frajaq posted:

guess the American goons are gonna have to take one for the team

already cast my vote for howie

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Trump legitimizes Bolsonaro and many like-minded leaders and violent far-right movements around the globe

I dont care if he is slightly better for us (and I dont believe thats necessarily true, or will be forever) and I sure as hell would not like to vote for Biden, but I do hope Donald loses and I think thats best for the whole world

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also apparently Santa Catarina's new Governor is straight up Nazispawn lol. Her father is a Hitler admirer that taught Holocaust denialism in classes and gave literature on the matter for students.

e: And Eduardo Bolsonaro is finally making Steve Bannon's Reactionary Internationale real, he announced a "Foro de Madri" as a supposed counterpoint of the "Foro de São Paulo" with the help of spanish VOX politicians and other Far-Right nutcases.

Plutonis has issued a correction as of 13:52 on Oct 28, 2020

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elias_Maluco posted:

Trump legitimizes Bolsonaro and many like-minded leaders and violent far-right movements around the globe

I dont care if he is slightly better for us (and I dont believe thats necessarily true, or will be forever) and I sure as hell would not like to vote for Biden, but I do hope Donald loses and I think thats best for the whole world

Biden supports Bolsonaro. he is why Bolsonaro came to power. and regime change in Cuba, Venezuela, and Bolivia, as long as American corporations can come in and profit from their natural resources. you’re actively lying to yourself.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Biden would at the very best give a nod for Bolsonaro to be replaced by Mourão who he of course would have zero issue with

e: Ahahahaehahaheahaehahaeh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYFjr3c0VSA

Plutonis has issued a correction as of 15:02 on Oct 28, 2020

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Taintrunner posted:

Biden supports Bolsonaro. he is why Bolsonaro came to power. and regime change in Cuba, Venezuela, and Bolivia, as long as American corporations can come in and profit from their natural resources. you’re actively lying to yourself.

You talking about the support for lava jato and the impeachment? Im aware of that. But I dont think they expected or wanted a Bolsonaro out of that, just another tucano

But Trump also supports regime changes in those countries, he just seems so far focused in other stuff first. The difference is that Trump and Bolsonaro are openly professing the same neofascist ideas and lies, and supporting each other on that, and sharing strategies to advance that ideology and so on.

To me, thats worst. Just as I would hate to have Aécio Neves as president, but Bolsonaro is worst

We dont vote for president of the United States anyway, but I personally want to see the orange pig loses and I think thats best for us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Plutonis posted:

Biden would at the very best give a nod for Bolsonaro to be replaced by Mourão who he of course would have zero issue with

e: Ahahahaehahaheahaehahaeh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYFjr3c0VSA

a great start, but they should extend it so bullies can pick which cosmetic surgery other kids in their class should have for free