Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol you guys finally got rid of pissflaps only to get this motherfucker as the replacement

at least pissflaps didn't post in cspam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

genericnick posted:

Also I'm pretty disappointed with all of you who quit Labour instead of being expelled. Post better.

That would've involved keeping paying Labour for 6 more months & that's a no from me.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Doctor Jeep posted:

yes, but, consider this: what if jeremy corbyn smooched hitler???

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/kidairbag/status/1321820926615453697

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

mr starmer sir please suspend this mp from labour as well, this is much more anti semitic than anything corbyn’s ever said

i’ll be waiting.........

https://twitter.com/bencooper/status/1321873862238285824?s=21

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i heard that hermann goering also liked jam. checkmate, corbynailures

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel and its supporters and friends are the blood enemy of the left and should be treated as such.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

forkboy84 posted:

You're a disingenuous fuckwit, the leadership of Labour never said "there isn't any antisemitism & it's Zionist smears", just gently caress right off with making poo poo up

Good, gently caress 'em.

quote:

Corbyn denied there was any crisis in the party over antisemitism and suggested that those inflaming the situation were out to undermine his leadership because they were “nervous of the strength of the Labour party at local level”.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/28/jeremy-corbyn-denies-labour-crisis-over-antisemitism

He only really acknowledged, it after huge pressure, in 2018. There is now widespread agreement from a number of Corbynites (including St JC himself) that it was acknolweged and addressed far too late.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/diane-abbott-labour-antisemitism-problem-smears-ken-livingstone-len-mccluskey-a7008746.html

quote:

Speaking on the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show, Ms Abbott said: "It's something of a smear against ordinary party members, it is, it is a smear to say the Labour party has a problem with antisemitism.

quote:

Shortly after, Mr McCluskey, the General Secretary of Unite and Labour's biggest donor, said Mr Corbyn was the victim of "a cynical attempt to manipulate antisemitism for political aims".

"The idea that there is an antisemitic crisis within the Labour Party is absolutely offensive but it is being used in order to challenge Jeremy Corbyn," he told Pienaar's Politics on BBC Radio 5 Live.

"Once the mood music of antisemitism dies down, then next week and the week after there will be another subject. It is an issue that comes up because somebody says something stupid and then immediately it becomes a crisis."

The row had been "got up by the right-wing press aided and abetted by Labour MPs" and party grandees who "get out of their wheelchair and toss a few hand grenades in", he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sIn7rryjmE
This is a lovely one of Seumas Milne and Gorgeous George on RT saying how people are trying to smear Corbyn

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

he shouldn't have acknowledged anything and should've done purges that would've made stalin look like a gentle soul
no more jam/maple syrup grandpas, only men of steel

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

therattle posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/28/jeremy-corbyn-denies-labour-crisis-over-antisemitism

He only really acknowledged, it after huge pressure, in 2018. There is now widespread agreement from a number of Corbynites (including St JC himself) that it was acknolweged and addressed far too late.

There never was a crisis you disingenuous turd there were a couple of assholes that Corbyn tried to address and was cock blocked by right leaning Labour MPs.

Do you seriously believe that Corbyn spearheaded some antisemitic movement within Labour so strongly that it instantly became the pinnacle of importance for inter-party problems?

Or was it a smear that was surprisingly effective with the public so the media jumped on it to stop left populism from taking over the government?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Doctor Jeep posted:

He tried

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

therattle posted:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/diane-abbott-labour-antisemitism-problem-smears-ken-livingstone-len-mccluskey-a7008746.html

This is a lovely one of Seumas Milne and Gorgeous George on RT saying how people are trying to smear Corbyn

Are you posting from the Integrity Initiative's basement?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

RasperFat posted:

There never was a crisis you disingenuous turd there were a couple of assholes that Corbyn tried to address and was cock blocked by right leaning Labour MPs.

Do you seriously believe that Corbyn spearheaded some antisemitic movement within Labour so strongly that it instantly became the pinnacle of importance for inter-party problems?

Or was it a smear that was surprisingly effective with the public so the media jumped on it to stop left populism from taking over the government?

There were a lot of assholes about which very little was done because it wasn’t seen as important. OF COURSE it was weaponised - anything useful will be - but that isn’t proof that it was invented or a smear.

I have never said that he spearheaded an AS movement. It’s more about a failure to recognise and address it, which allowed it to spread. There was/is a blind spot to leftist AS.

Even JC himself, Murphy, McDonnell etc now recognise that there was a problem (unlike many posters here).

Everyone who keeps repeating that it was just a smear is making the problem worse. It’s delusional. Read the personal testimonies.

therattle has issued a correction as of 19:57 on Oct 29, 2020

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

therattle posted:

You watched the outright fascist press collude with the tories to destroy a left movement and install one of their own at the head of it to purge the survivors and you response is "they've got a point though"

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

In May 2019, Labour National Executive Committee member Jon Lansman wrote that leaked emails "...suggest that former compliance unit officials from the Labour right may have delayed action on some of the most extreme and high-profile antisemitism cases, including Holocaust denial, allowing a backlog of cases to build up that would damage the party and Jeremy's leadership." He also accused former General Secretary Iain McNicol and his team of delaying action on handling antisemitism cases, and allowing a backlog of cases to build up that would damage the party and Jeremy Corbyn's leadership.[276]

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

therattle posted:

There were a lot of assholes about which very little was done because it wasn’t seen as important. OF COURSE it was weaponised - anything useful will be - but that isn’t proof that it was invented or a smear.

I have never said that he spearheaded an AS movement. It’s more about a failure to recognise and address it, which allowed it to spread. There was/is a blind spot to leftist AS.

Everyone who keeps repeating that it was just a smear is making the problem worse. It’s delusional. Read the personal testimonies.

You mean personal testimonies that came from like 3 people submitting hundreds of complaints to make it seem like a widespread problem?

What goal do you think you’re accomplishing by reinforcing the narrative that antisemitism was a problem under Corbyn? Do you think it’s going to help address any contemporary antisemitism happening? Will it prevent any bigotry in the future?

Or is the only lasting effect going to be permanently tainting the public image of one of the only world leaders who is actually a decent person advocating good policies?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

It’s interesting that the report says that the complaints committee had a backlog that wasn’t being resolved quickly enough. That was because one nutjob was responsible for half of the received complaints.

Some of the complaints were not about Party members or affiliates, had no connection to anti-semitism, and were frequently duplicates when he didn’t get the result he wanted.

https://www.prole-star.co.uk/single-post/2020/04/14/Labour-Report-Half-Of-2019-Antisemitism-Complaints-Came-From-ONE-Person

half of this poo poo was based off reports by one nutcase, and the slowdown in dealing with poo poo was caused by "Italian strike" by the Blairite 5th column.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
can an IK remove therattle from the thread

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
personally, i cannot wait for britain to suffer

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Judakel posted:

isnt being grate britane punishment enough

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Judakel posted:

Me, a good leftist: i love when the plebs suffer and the rich people win lol nothing matters tnrp!

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

PawParole posted:

It’s interesting that the report says that the complaints committee had a backlog that wasn’t being resolved quickly enough. That was because one nutjob was responsible for half of the received complaints.

Some of the complaints were not about Party members or affiliates, had no connection to anti-semitism, and were frequently duplicates when he didn’t get the result he wanted.

https://www.prole-star.co.uk/single-post/2020/04/14/Labour-Report-Half-Of-2019-Antisemitism-Complaints-Came-From-ONE-Person

half of this poo poo was based off reports by one nutcase, and the slowdown in dealing with poo poo was caused by "Italian strike" by the Blairite 5th column.

lol. They came from euan phillips who isn't even jewish

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Crane Fist posted:

You watched the outright fascist press collude with the tories to destroy a left movement and install one of their own at the head of it to purge the survivors and you response is "they've got a point though"

They do have a point. Funnily enough, as a Jew I don’t really want to excuse antisemitism in a purportedly anti-racist organisation because it’ll hurt our electoral chances. We don’t have an absolute monopoly on being right.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

^this is some stupid bullshit

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

therattle posted:

They do have a point. Funnily enough, as a Jew I don’t really want to excuse antisemitism in a purportedly anti-racist organisation because it’ll hurt our electoral chances. We don’t have an absolute monopoly on being right.

i was willing to entertain the idea that you were posting in good faith but i believe you just crossed into D&D Posting territory considering the mountains of evidence that the party's lack of movement on antisemitism complaints was right-labour sabotage that has been posted over the last however many pages and your apparent unwillingness to grapple with any of it

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Jazerus posted:

i was willing to entertain the idea that you were posting in good faith but i believe you just crossed into D&D Posting territory considering the mountains of evidence that the party's lack of movement on antisemitism complaints was right-labour sabotage that has been posted over the last however many pages and your apparent unwillingness to grapple with any of it

This argument does belong in D&D, actually, so I’ll stop.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

therattle posted:

holy poo poo

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

therattle posted:

As you can probably tell, I mostly read the Guardian, and generally agree with its positions
:lmao:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I miss Jeremy Corbyn.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Once again proving what a poo poo leader Corbyn was. Far too weak to do the necessary bloodletting & now it's his blood spilling down the street. Stupid twat. He probably accepts it too. Sad old man with a dedication to a party that hasn't existed in decades.

this is the criticism of Corbyn I can respect

therattle posted:

So lack of complete control of the NEC prevented him from seeing that AS was a problem, and that Jews were being harassed and driven out?

You mean involved in cases other than Ken L., I take it? There were recommendations for how to handle complaints going back to I think 2016 which were not implemented. There was a clear procedure for things like sexism/sexual harassment, but there was not the will to do the same for AS. I ascribe most of this loving mess to incompetence, stubbornness and ignorance instead of AS on behalf of Corbyn and leadership. There was so much more that they could have done, and much sooner, HAD THEY WANTED TO. They didn't. They allowed this to fester and become a running sore. Apart from the moral failings this entails, it's simply bad politics.

we've explained multiple times that the internal Labour disciplinary process was designed to weed out trots

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

therattle posted:

Saint Jeremy bollocks is only adding to the suggestion that you are in fact a massive loving wallopper and utterly disingenuous. Funny that.

Straight up, I agree. There was not in 2016 & is not today a crisis in the Labour Party about antisemitism unless you're going to be so pedantic that a handful of cases in a party of 500,000 is a crisis, in which case gently caress off you disingenuous twat. And yes, Corbyn is right in that the size of antisemitism inside the Labour Party has been grossly exaggerated by disingenuous fuckwits who at the time were throwing any old poo poo at the wall to see what stuck, & then when they found that the antisemitism one was it they stuck too it relentlessly.

Antisemitism is lovely. One antisemite in the Labour is too many. That does not mean Labour had a loving crisis of antisemitism.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

captain picard only really acknowledged that there were five lights, after huge pressure,

there is now widespread agreement from a number of starfleet officers

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

genericnick posted:

Also I'm pretty disappointed with all of you who quit Labour instead of being expelled. Post better.

seriously. make them put the effort in

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1321895542214037504?s=20

lol imagine going out and doing Starmer's dirty work, and he's not even there to watch

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

and he's not even there to watch

well he was making a u turn you see

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Atrocious Joe posted:

this is the criticism of Corbyn I can respect

we've explained multiple times that the internal Labour disciplinary process was designed to weed out trots

it also like... didn't ignore jewish abuse while still handling sexism, it ignored all abuse. there was a big report on this and how BAME were getting completely hosed over too

its coz the party structure itself was poo poo and that only became an issue when it could be weaponised against the leftwing leader and it was accusations of antisemitism because they would stick to corbyn because of his palestinian connections. noteably nobody accused labour of being racist against black people because nobody cares about black people in the UK, if corbyn was racist against black people that would be good, it would make him pro-heritage and pro-statue.

noteably nobody really even cares about the systemic failures because the systems were being run by the "right sort" and that'd muddy the issue which is corbyn bad

it still was poo poo but you've gotta be real dumb or real committed to being dumb to think labour ignored antisemitism because of corbyn.
the corbyn leadership inherited a total hosed up mess, i dont think anybody had appreciated how similarly hosed up the processes within labour are to how hosed up our processes of government are.
this looks bad for corbyn though cause hes been in the party for loving decades and should have known

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

therattle posted:

This argument does belong in D&D, actually, so I’ll stop.

"I am finding it increasingly hard to ignore the mountain of evidence against my position, so goodbyeeeeeee"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

mr starmer sir please suspend this mp from labour as well, this is much more anti semitic than anything corbyn’s ever said

i’ll be waiting.........

I'm starting to get the feeling the British elite don't actually know what anti-Semitism actually is

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i’ll be waiting.........

actual lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

is lisa nandy part of kier's cabinet or-

oh she's shadow foreign secretary

jfc