Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
MRT bringing the heat as always

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1321601866782957569

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cavauro posted:

Oh Hell yeah!

Jim Cornette went on a big rant about how fake it is and how no one could believe it is real and how stupid you'd have to use such unrealistic numbers and how fake it looks on his latest show but we aren't allowed to discuss him here, I might get banned for telling you this :(

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 29, 2020

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

You stole this one from me, MRT! I'LL KILL YOU!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Jim Cornette went on a big rant about how fake it is and how no one could believe it is real and how stupid you'd have to be to use such unrealistic numbers and how fake it looks on his latest show but we aren't allowed to discuss him here, I might get banned for telling you this :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADsQSLHJEwE

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

You stole this one from me, MRT! I'LL KILL YOU!

Perhaps you stole it from me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

:mad:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here lies les moore. shot by a guard with a 44. now there is no les no moore

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Les Moore is the “dirtsheets cop” which in practice just boils down to devoting all of his time trying to prove Meltzer colludes with AEW and I can’t imagine a more lame way to spend your time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Les Moore is the “dirtsheets cop” which in practice just boils down to devoting all of his time trying to prove Meltzer colludes with AEW and I can’t imagine a more lame way to spend your time.

Is "Meltzer Says What" still around.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I saw Dave Meltzer and AEW in the closest and they were making babies and one of the babies looked at me it was John Silver

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

He does do more than that, though, and often has good points. Wrestling reporting needs higher standards and it's barely on the radar of media reporters past whatever Richard Deitsch is aware of at a given moment. He definitely indulged his more trollish tendencies early on, but he's grown way past that. Plus Dave is allowed to get away with way too much shoddy reporting by virtue of being the longest tenured wrestling reporter, overly low standards because wrestling, and the decades-long Observer superfan habit of framing all criticism of him as being in bad faith.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

davidbix posted:

He does do more than that, though, and often has good points. Wrestling reporting needs higher standards and it's barely on the radar of media reporters past whatever Richard Deitsch is aware of at a given moment. He definitely indulged his more trollish tendencies early on, but he's grown way past that. Plus Dave is allowed to get away with way too much shoddy reporting by virtue of being the longest tenured wrestling reporter, overly low standards because wrestling, and the decades-long Observer superfan habit of framing all criticism of him as being in bad faith.

This is a very weird thing to say when we can look at two of the guys tweets in this thread and see they're very plainly complete nonsense.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
love to do journalism

https://twitter.com/prowrestling/status/1321324768306491392

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

davidbix posted:

I agree that Dave could use some constructive criticism that he actually takes to heart, especially over the last couple years. I would suggest that Moore isn't the guy to do it, though.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

collocation posted:

I agree that Dave could use some constructive criticism that he actually takes to heart, especially over the last couple years. I would suggest that Moore isn't the guy to do it, though.

I'd further suggest that disingenuous people like Moore give him the excuse to lump in people giving him genuine constructive criticism in with the bullshit.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

davidbix posted:

He sucks

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

davidbix posted:

Did you get my pm about the super racist guy you had on your podcast bix

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

It's true he does more than that like hosting racist cartoons on his website.

But we are here for bad posts and here is another one for Cavauro:

quote:

Rolo555
18 hours ago
I’m actually a manager for Accounts Payable for a major worldwide company. That document does not look like a legit invoice that would be payable under GAAP accounting rules. Any accounts payable would not lump all those groups within one invoice. If anything, say if Dave Meltzer is not a employee of AEW but instead AEW pays him for advertising, Meltzer would invoice AEW and in turn AEW would pay him by check or ACH.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I kind of like the idea of AEW just boxing up ACH and remitting him as payment for favourable coverage.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Listen Rolo, slavery is illegal here, AEW can't just GIVE ACH to Dave like he's property.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

MJeff posted:

Listen Rolo, slavery is illegal here, AEW can't just GIVE ACH to Dave like he's property.

Road Dogg feels that this a grey area.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

quote:

Wrestling Universal
1 day ago (edited)
hi Hannibal tv thanks for pinning my comment and letting me explain myself I am a small channel independently run I search wrestling news from Google ringside news & loads of other news sites the hate I got from the wrestling community for releasing a video with a screenshot from Google image search !!! the image has been out hannibal for months sum 1 in aew LEAKED that ! on purpose mate the aew watermark in the background makes me think ok the document looks real a small youtuber like me without knowing released a bombshell Hannibal u getting that document printed has made my day and releasing this video millions of people are subbed and listen to the observer u making this and me also has pissed alot of people of i have had people say weres the SOURCE ? it's a leaked document forget the SOURCE the fact that we have the luxury of having this story is a gem to us the real journailsts . I don't use CLICKBAIT titles or rant like JDFROMNY206 OR WATCULTURE. I just report the story no rants and advertisements

once again hannibal thanks for using my vid. and shining light on that document the way aew was promoted and built was all on the observer !! aew wrestlers were not known untill weeks of building and promoting not 1 bad comment made about aew if your a laggit fan of wrestling u would no watching a aew live dynamite the production value us worse than wcw in the 90.s. it's awful the botches dangerous stuf not criticized as a regular listener is apparant aew have been paying them.

attention
my channels coment's are turned off simple fact random people post sex links on my channel I cannot have that on my channel due to kids watching my vids . !! if you want to get in touch use my community tab I will anser all questions

quote:

Wrestling Universal
1 day ago
to all the DAVE MELTZER fan boys that refuse to accept. 😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥 u help me sleep better at night massive thanks to you lol the aew sausages and the meltzer fan girls your hate and comments are making my channel grow please carry on promoting me .. 😂😂

quote:

Eduardo Texidor, Jr.
1 day ago
This photo of the billing showed up in June of this year, I can't believe no one has validated or invalidated that document by now

https://twitter.com/CursedDiamonds/status/1321137417710116866

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Got another winner here

https://twitter.com/HeyItsMrStanley/status/1321665866715594752?s=20

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That guy really should try to put more effort into being elusive imho

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You usually don't see the racist "this Joshi/minority is a ripoff of this person" takes from the AEW side.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Swole handed that guy an L he refuses to accept.

https://twitter.com/heyitsmrstanley/status/1321854908685934593?s=21

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Psyop to make aew look bad, he's tweeting from 3pm Moscow time, follow the paper trail

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
A reaction on reddit to Bix's Ring Boy Scandal article:

quote:

intestinalgoreNew Hampshire [score hidden] 41 minutes ago
Really? This is the worst thing you could find about someone hired by Linda McMahon or WWE?

What about that Katie Vick corpse rape angle? WWE also hired Chris Benoit, who murdered his family. I say this as a WWE fan, too.

None of this has anything to do with Trump anyways, but if you're going to try to use WWE ties to bring Trump down, this obscure story is really not necessary. Trump himself has appeared on WWE plenty of times.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Yeah Bix what about WWE hiring Benoit before he killed his family and not retroactively not hiring him!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Croc posted:

Yeah Bix what about WWE hiring Benoit before he killed his family and not retroactively not hiring him!

I would say Vince did actually 100% retroactively not hire Benoit, or at least as close as you can get without a time machine.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

*deletes orlando jordan's phone number*

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Vince MechMahon posted:

I would say Vince did actually 100% retroactively not hire Benoit, or at least as close as you can get without a time machine.

Ha, i guess he did but still the original point was dumb unlike the bix article which i found very good.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

A tasteless angle: definitely the same as raping children

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Its still real to them

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/bjsapp1/status/1321871846246174727

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Alright, fess up, which one of you wrote the Town Hall segment last night?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Did you get my pm about the super racist guy you had on your podcast bix
I always forget to check them, looking now.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

BTW, for the record, this is from /r/politics. I don't think it's even been posted on /r/SquaredCircle last I checked.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

davidbix posted:

BTW, for the record, this is from /r/politics. I don't think it's even been posted on /r/SquaredCircle last I checked.

It was, but got quietly removed for some reason.

https://old.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/jkeacs/wwe_cofounder_linda_mcmahon_who_runs_trumps/

Edit: Oh whoops, wrong scandal today, I think?

Pylons fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

This is the best post in this thread