Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Jel Shaker posted:

isn’t the average onlyfans earnings like $300 per month?

Is it? I thought it would be more. There are plenty of women who managed to make thousands or even millions off of onlyfans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Forceholy posted:

Is it? I thought it would be more. There are plenty of women who managed to make thousands or even millions off of onlyfans.

There are a lot more that will make $0 or close to it than make bank.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
yeah after my abscess i had a nurse come by twice a week to stuff the gaping hole in my gut with antibiotic packing rope or some wild poo poo like that, not odd at all (beyond the fact the short hospital stay and nurse visiting would have destroyed my family's finances if i wasn't on state insurance lmao)

i didn't get to tell my nurse to dress up in costume.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Kitfox88 posted:

yeah after my abscess i had a nurse come by twice a week to stuff the gaping hole in my gut with antibiotic packing rope or some wild poo poo like that, not odd at all (beyond the fact the short hospital stay and nurse visiting would have destroyed my family's finances if i wasn't on state insurance lmao)

i didn't get to tell my nurse to dress up in costume.

They dressed up as nurses, what more did you want?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Forceholy posted:

It's naked youtube. You hear and see the people who are getting the money but there are tens of thousands making next to nothing for every one of them.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

The Oldest Man posted:

It's naked youtube. You hear and see the people who are getting the money but there are tens of thousands making next to nothing for every one of them.

Fair Enough.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I might have linked this in here (or hell even gotten it from this thread) but I love this fun light-hearted goofy story that definitely doesn't have a sinister undercurrent:

https://www.unilad.co.uk/life/woman-quits-job-to-earn-six-figures-a-month-pretending-to-be-a-dog/

quote:

A 21-year-old woman who loves to play fetch and get head scratches says she now earns six figures a month by pretending to be a dog.

Most people out there love dogs, with their faithful nature, willingness to play and all-around adorable-ness, but Jenna Phillips, from Austin, Texas, feels she has a much stronger connection to our four-legged friends.

Since she was little, Jenna has felt ‘like a dog’, so much so that she used to pretend she was a puppy while growing up.

Haha so fun! Wow! Living the dream!

quote:

Jenna boosts her income by making custom videos based on the requests of her clients, explaining: ‘The more kinky you want, the more it will cost.’

The most she has charged for one video is $1,200, and the 21-year-old says she is ‘so grateful’ to make a living from something she would be doing regardless.

Oh she actually makes her money not from doing cute dog things but from doing hyper-specific fetish videos on commission, I'm sure they don't ask for anything horrible that will haunt her forever.

quote:

Though she’s willing to fulfill customer’s requests, Jenna has made clear that there are some things she won’t do, such as film with a real dog.

Jenna stressed there are no animals involved in her shooting and there ‘never will be’, saying she ‘can’t say no quickly enough’ to customers who ask for that kind of content.

Good, at least she's got well-defined boundaries. Now let me just scroll up a little bit for no reason and look at this picture right above that text and...

:crossarms:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Inceltown posted:

They dressed up as nurses, what more did you want?

:dadjoke:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Shame Boy posted:

I might have linked this in here (or hell even gotten it from this thread) but I love this fun light-hearted goofy story that definitely doesn't have a sinister undercurrent:

https://www.unilad.co.uk/life/woman-quits-job-to-earn-six-figures-a-month-pretending-to-be-a-dog/

Oh she actually makes her money not from doing cute dog things but from doing hyper-specific fetish videos on commission, I'm sure they don't ask for anything horrible that will haunt her forever.

Good, at least she's got well-defined boundaries. Now let me just scroll up a little bit for no reason and look at this picture right above that text and...

that's ruff buddy

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
She’s not loving the dog. That’s the line.

hth

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

All that miscarrying talk aside...

man... that's like one HELL of a BRF.... the dog too, I guess

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I for one think that the pairing of fetishists with weird niche lifestylists is one of the few genuine successes of both the internet and capitalism

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Platystemon posted:

hth

Tbf, I'm willing to bet that some not insignificant percentage of the fetish dog people who write "no bestiality" or a variation thereof are writing it to get the site of their back but with a wink about private requests.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Platystemon posted:

hth

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Platystemon posted:

hth

she definitely is

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Still sounds a little morally inept

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Colonel Cancer posted:

:mcnally:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Colonel Cancer posted:

:lol:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

starkebn posted:

:magemage:

I guess McDonalds just decided to help out and buy all that cheap pork. How could they have been so lucky?

this has always been the business model for the mcrib sandwich fyi

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

This got me thinking. Why did that particular story stick around as "true" while every other dumb poo poo that we say on these forums is usually brushed off as fun fake bullshit?

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Shame Boy posted:

bark of the covenant

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

bike tory posted:

I for one think that the pairing of fetishists with weird niche lifestylists is one of the few genuine successes of both the internet and capitalism

It certainly can work but I know a few current and former sex workers and like, if you're not very very careful (by that I mean you're not relying on it 100% to fund your rent and can say no) Clips4sale can absolutely ruin you and your mental health.

Like basically take the stuff in this ol' front-page article:
https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/sex-picture-maker/

But instead of "draw me a picture of Twilight Sparkle being PUT IN HER PLACE FOR BEING SO loving SMART, THAT BITCH" it's "dress up as Twilight Sparkle" and etc.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

George H.W. oval office posted:

This got me thinking. Why did that particular story stick around as "true" while every other dumb poo poo that we say on these forums is usually brushed off as fun fake bullshit?

They started with the jokes and then Morally Inept tried to "own" it by bringing it up all the time on his own until eventually the entire forums knew him as the "ironic" dogfucker and they finally decided to ban him.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/StreetSmartUK/status/1322623193534898176

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

For just $1 a day, you could sponsor a British citizen.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
how could they know what % of cases came "via the hospitality route"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

contact tracing?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
wishful thinking, more like

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

:whitewater:

I wonder if Jeff Bezos gets money from the get out the vote people for this or something

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

BonHair posted:

Tbf, I'm willing to bet that some not insignificant percentage of the fetish dog people who write "no bestiality" or a variation thereof are writing it to get the site of their back but with a wink about private requests.

You'd think so, but a lot of people who have fetishes adjacent to stuff that's extremely transgressive or illegal will get furious if you so much as infer their kink overlaps. See also, DDLG or age-play fetishists who will swear up, down, and sideways that their kink has nothing to do with under-age attraction.

Maybe it's over compartmentalizing, maybe it's the lady doth protest too much, probably a mix of both. Either way, I'm sure pretend-dog-lady gets frequent requests for videos of her having sex with actual dogs, which is probably exhausting even if that is a thing she's secretly into.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

You'd think so, but a lot of people who have fetishes adjacent to stuff that's extremely transgressive or illegal will get furious if you so much as infer their kink overlaps. See also, DDLG or age-play fetishists who will swear up, down, and sideways that their kink has nothing to do with under-age attraction.

Maybe it's over compartmentalizing, maybe it's the lady doth protest too much, probably a mix of both. Either way, I'm sure pretend-dog-lady gets frequent requests for videos of her having sex with actual dogs, which is probably exhausting even if that is a thing she's secretly into.

lol the only two things you thought of is compartmentalizing and "lady doth protest too much" when the simplest one is that they're not pedos/dogfuckers and they're intelligent enough to see how it might look like they have those proclivities

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Shame Boy posted:

I wonder if Jeff Bezos gets money from the get out the vote people for this or something

Yeah I'm voting kappa

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Shame Boy posted:

voting legitimates the power structure that allows Jeff Bezos to accumulate hundreds of billions of dollars

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lol

richest nation in the world

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
it's what Huey would want

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

"Richest" "nation"

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Time for another one of these articles.

https://twitter.com/businessinsider/status/1322899884480016387

Let's see if we can find the secret to his success.

quote:

He inherited $16,000 in his 20s and used the money to put a down payment on a condo in Seattle and stayed in that small space for over 20 years.

He's 56 now, which means he inherited $16,000 in the late 80s, which is about the equivalent of inheriting $35,000 today. He used that money to buy a condo at late-80s home prices.

The secret to prioritizing time over money is to simply inherit a down payment to buy a home when you're still young! It's so simple!

And how was the housing market in late-80s Seattle?

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/data/how-much-easier-was-it-for-baby-boomers-to-buy-a-home-in-seattle-lets-adjust-for-inflation/

quote:

A decade later, in 1989, the now-married Brooms upgraded to a larger home in the Broadview neighborhood, for which they paid $145,000, or about $300,000 in today’s dollars. The home, where the Brooms still reside, has an estimated value in the current market of about $850,000, according to the site realtor.com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

"Prioritize time over money" by having more total time by being born earlier in a place before it becomes expensive, simple.