Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The play as anyone angle is a great idea, except it’s obvious the VO actors were performing their lines against a brick wall and someone hacked them into ‘conversations’.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Accidentally did a takedown on a hitman I was trying to recruit earlier :/

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I'm actually kind of curious if they had one person record a ton of dialogue and then pitch shifted it to make it fit into a bunch of different characters.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

IIRC they definitely did pitch shifts plus 'something something AI' to get a fuller range of voices, some better than others

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

The play as anyone angle is a great idea, except it’s obvious the VO actors were performing their lines against a brick wall and someone hacked them into ‘conversations’.

This was an issue with asscreed odyssey too. I get that obviously most companies aren’t going to go to the expense of getting the VAs to record their actual conversations together but you’d think they’d at least have a director or writer on hand to call it out when the actor puts the emphasis on the wrong words. I’ve never worked in game dev though, maybe there’s a reason it’s so sloppy sometimes.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
So are the HD textures worth an install if I'm playing on 1440p? Or are they useful for 4k only?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Instantly deleting enemies with John Wick takedowns manages to be entertaining for a very long time.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

jaete posted:

So are the HD textures worth an install if I'm playing on 1440p? Or are they useful for 4k only?

Just for the hell of it I'm going to install em and check it out on 1080p because I've felt the game could be looking a bit sharper.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

im on the net me boys posted:

Accidentally did a takedown on a hitman I was trying to recruit earlier :/

If you still have them listed under team and they now hate dedsec , you can view their location on the map, go to that location after their shift is up and see if a different one spawned.

Found a new interesting bug, now when I do a paste up their is a chance that the game will not go back into ultra wide format and the minimap won't appear even though the name of the location will because of black bars on both sides of my montior. Takes either starting a new cut scene or restarting the game to fix.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Sonel posted:

If you still have them listed under team and they now hate dedsec , you can view their location on the map, go to that location after their shift is up and see if a different one spawned.

Found a new interesting bug, now when I do a paste up their is a chance that the game will not go back into ultra wide format and the minimap won't appear even though the name of the location will because of black bars on both sides of my montior. Takes either starting a new cut scene or restarting the game to fix.

Thanks for the help; I’ll try that later

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Le Saboteur posted:

I'm actually kind of curious if they had one person record a ton of dialogue and then pitch shifted it to make it fit into a bunch of different characters.

I believe Ubi said they had around 100 VAs recording the lines but then also pitch shifted to add more variety.

Supposedly there's 20 "versions" of the plot script, letting the game adjust mission dialogue in story missions to account for the personality of the operative you bring to them.

EDIT: \/ there's certainly some. I've had a few characters in really obvious cockney, a couple Scots and my last spy is an Irish conspiracy theorist.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 1, 2020

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Is there ever a diversity of London accents in Legion? I'm finding most characters speaking a Multicultural London English accent and not much else.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

There's more Northern Irish ladies than Londoners in my game.

Quick tip for cash - when you get the skill to takeover parcel drones, you can make them drop their parcel and pick it up for money. So you can stand on Oxford Street stealing all the parcels until you have enough to pay for that pair of jeans.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Le Saboteur posted:

Is there ever a diversity of London accents in Legion? I'm finding most characters speaking a Multicultural London English accent and not much else.

I've had an east london'er, a construction worker whose every other word was "oi", a soft spoken granny and a brummy why i

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like this game a lot. I think it'd be way better if Every random person in the city had a negative trait meaning you had to really keep searching for orcs

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

My hitman has a Russian accent and looks like a bond villian. Pretty sweet.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I watched an amazing scenario play out today where an Albion guy started poo poo with a NPC who responded by starting a fist fight. This led to the Albion guy doing a flying drop kick on him, which incited the nearby crowd to fight him too, where a granny did the same flying drop kick at him. This went on until the Albion guy died.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I was going to do a women only crew but too many rando's had weapons I wanted to use. I'm enjoying the game for what it is but god damned the London hip accents and slang are so grating. I'm watching The Boys on Prime and billy Butcher is the best thing about the show, so it's not the accent I hate...I don't think!

I'll stop harping on the bad VO, it's just that there's so MUCH of it.

Croccers posted:

I love my Hypnotist <3
https://i.imgur.com/GRCPqWs.mp4
His name being Joop is just icing on the cake.

This is awesome!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

jaete posted:

So just finished up trialing this out on 1080p and if you have the VRAM for it (takes up another 1gb of VRAM by the games estimate) then I would highly recommend getting the HD Texture pack. Makes everything in the game look much sharper even at 1080p.

Realizing now that almost all my problems with the game looking kind of blurry and not very next gen are mainly solved by installing the HD Texture Pack.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 2, 2020

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Found a hotel manager with a loving negev at the very start that I wanted to recruit but he hated Dedsec, so I got the deep profiler. Find a hitman on his rear end. Go to wash out the hitman so he'll give us a shot, and catch up with the would-be killer walking WITH the manager I want, guiding him into an alley, as if to do the deed. My animal brain panics and abandons sneaking after this dude to put him down and just do it in the open air before going running for it and catching up with my recruit a block down the way. So I talk to him to get his actual recruitment mission... and he's been small time smuggling for Clan Kelley before they wanted him to move guns. He said no. I sincerely doubt the game's systems go deep enough for his mission to be tied to having a hitman after him like that, but drat if it isn't a loving cool coincidence.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

HebrewMagic posted:

Found a hotel manager with a loving negev at the very start that I wanted to recruit but he hated Dedsec, so I got the deep profiler. Find a hitman on his rear end. Go to wash out the hitman so he'll give us a shot, and catch up with the would-be killer walking WITH the manager I want, guiding him into an alley, as if to do the deed. My animal brain panics and abandons sneaking after this dude to put him down and just do it in the open air before going running for it and catching up with my recruit a block down the way. So I talk to him to get his actual recruitment mission... and he's been small time smuggling for Clan Kelley before they wanted him to move guns. He said no. I sincerely doubt the game's systems go deep enough for his mission to be tied to having a hitman after him like that, but drat if it isn't a loving cool coincidence.

This is exactly how the game ties missions to each other, it's a very clever system.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

TescoBag posted:

This is exactly how the game ties missions to each other, it's a very clever system.

Well gently caress me that's rad

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I went into a building and there was an interact prompt on an elevator, I used it and it took me up to a sky bar type area filled with CEO's. I started shooting them with my paintball gun because I was curious of the cops or albion would actually be able to use the elevator. It turned out that the cops just never stopped coming in, and I was unable to use the elevator again while they were in pursuit so I was just trapped in there and had to let my operative die. Wasn't my best operative so I don't really care but it's kind of silly that I can't use an elevator because of cops.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I evaded a 5-star Albion pursuit by slamming into a Clan Kelly outpost and hiding out until the former slaughtered the latter and they forgot about me. Lmao.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Just had my first crash, right after completing one of the obnoxious hacking games but before I could hack the system. Combine that with the awful load times I am so loving ready for these new consoles.

To be fair it turns out it did save my progress before it crashed. Then I was instantly murdered because getting caught by the cops was scripted and my nail gun needs way more headshots than it should! :argh:

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Nov 2, 2020

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Nuts and Gum posted:

...my nail gun needs way more headshots than it should! :argh:

Yeah, I'm fairly annoyed that on Hard none of my guns will one shot heat shot. Not even a shotgun at drat near point blank.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Listening to the Giant Bombcast/Hot Spot & looking at Task Manager, apparently this game maxes out the loving CPU like an rear end in a top hat. Anyone else having this problem? It's really something you have to see to believe, I've never had this problem with a game before. The closest thing I could compare it to is like Shadow of War with the Nemesis system but that ran like silk and there's nothing as challenging as that in Legion. do I really need to upgrade my Alienware Aurora R7 finally? I feel like it should be a beast for another couple years or so, there's nothing in WD:Legion that challenging...

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Taintrunner posted:

Listening to the Giant Bombcast/Hot Spot & looking at Task Manager, apparently this game maxes out the loving CPU like an rear end in a top hat. Anyone else having this problem? It's really something you have to see to believe, I've never had this problem with a game before. The closest thing I could compare it to is like Shadow of War with the Nemesis system but that ran like silk and there's nothing as challenging as that in Legion. do I really need to upgrade my Alienware Aurora R7 finally? I feel like it should be a beast for another couple years or so, there's nothing in WD:Legion that challenging...

I've been fairly surprised that this hasn't really hit my CPU hard, actually.

Seems like you may be bottlenecked. What are your system specs and what settings/resolution are you running at?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

game is kind of fun and has some good things going on in the back-end but for me there is always this overwhelming feeling of disjointedness - I have never been so sure a game was designed by committee.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Qmass posted:

game is kind of fun and has some good things going on in the back-end but for me there is always this overwhelming feeling of disjointedness - I have never been so sure a game was designed by committee.

It's weird I get the opposite feeling. This feels like the most cohesive product and vision that has come out of Ubisoft in a while.

But it extremely feels like it needed even more time in the oven and Ubisoft just forced them to actually ship a game. When it really could have done with more time to do more with the systems, and more iteration.

But that's pretty much ClintHocking.txt

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014

Red Mundus posted:

Yeah uplay+ stuff. If you want to get rid of them and have permadeath on you can have them play in traffic to clear them out.

trying to get them killed various ways but they only get incapacitated for some reason.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Gesadt posted:

trying to get them killed various ways but they only get incapacitated for some reason.
until you reach a certain mission an hour or two into the game perma-death is not enabled.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Summoned a cargo drone on the street. The second I start ascending, some civilian starts to climb on top with me, then immediately falls off and breaks her neck or something. Cops are now in pursuit.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Just did the mission where you infiltrate Skye’s home :stonk:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I swapped to my Spy guy and he channelled Roach and spawned stood on a signpost.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
my fps drops from 50 to like 20 if I go into the menu / map then back to the game. Sometimes it fixes itself and sometimes not.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

fuf posted:

my fps drops from 50 to like 20 if I go into the menu / map then back to the game. Sometimes it fixes itself and sometimes not.

I've definitely run into times where my frame rate can drop by as much as 20fps out of nowhere, maybe thats the workflow I'm running into but there definitely some weirdness occurring.

I was curious if it was temperature throttling but my temps were all good at the time of the frame drop.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 2, 2020

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Junkenstein posted:

Quick tip for cash - when you get the skill to takeover parcel drones, you can make them drop their parcel and pick it up for money. So you can stand on Oxford Street stealing all the parcels until you have enough to pay for that pair of jeans.

My next level money-making scheme: find a hacker with the skimmer skill AND viral hacking (or whatever it's called; the skill where you hold a hack button and the hack applies to everyone in the immediate vicinity. Then just walk down the street, skim money from small crowds with the Distract hack, then steal boxes from parcel drones while the hack is recharging. :toot:

fuf posted:

Weirdly, I have this problem sometimes with Breakpoint. UBISOFT!!!

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Nov 2, 2020

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Is money a huge deal? I can't think of anything you need it for other than clothes... and you definitely don't need all the clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

AirRaid posted:

Is money a huge deal? I can't think of anything you need it for other than clothes... and you definitely don't need all the clothes.

I mean, I personally like to mess around with outfits, and that burns through money pretty quickly.

But that said, I'm not doing any boring cash grinds or anything... I just try to remember to earn a few dogbux on the way to my next destination.