Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

remember during 2016 when a bunch of people put their I VOTED sticker on susan b anthony's grave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't know if that's a brilliant or terrible idea.

Do they change them every year like stamps? So you can make a collection?

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1323486951702368256?s=20

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Xombie posted:

You're not supposed to eat them

Then they should come with a smaller "DO NOT EAT" sticker

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Xombie posted:

You're not supposed to eat them

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

OwlFancier posted:

They're not national, they're made by each state's Secretaries of State.

FiskTireBoy
Nov 2, 2020
I think the sticker thing is more important to people now since everyone is a social media narcissist and they can post pictures of their stickers on their instant grams and facepages. But hey whatever at least they voted.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

it depends, my state has a state based sticker like "I'm a [State] Voter!" with a logo, they changed it slightly this year

lamer states just get a generic "I Voted!" sticker

some people who are really into politics do preserve their voting stickers though like kill marks on a fighter plane

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

OwlFancier posted:

Generally no. I mean, its kind of random. I got the same sticker for the past 3 cycles, but this time it was a different one. But that is an amazing idea.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Kalit posted:

Does your state have a mail in ballot tracker? That's what I used to ensure my ballot was received/accepted. Or do you not trust that either?

Yes and no I do not trust it, which may be strange and irrational living in a wildly blue state but I need the catharsis of knowing that my vote was sorted with my own eyes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We have the royal mint over here they should get off their arse and do something useful like making commemorative voting stickers instead of stupid coins for old people.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Last time I went in person I got a city specific sticker.

Also I seem to remember some picture of a Dem politician with a bunch of stickers and the chuds said it was evidence of fraud

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Voted absentee in CT, can confirm, no sticker.

On that note, I walked down to my local polling place:

Huge line for a state that sent everyone an absentee ballot application with COVID as an acceptable rationale for not going in person.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
samples of state voting stickers here, you can see the best and worst

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/11/politics/vote-stickers-trnd/

Jaster
Nov 15, 2007

Xombie posted:

They're not national, they're made by each state's Secretaries of State.

I used to stick 'em on my computer and it was neat because I had moved a few times over the years so I had a few different ones. I kinda wish they would make year-exclusive ones so you could really show 'em off or something like they were marathon medallions (just, y'know, stickers)

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

ReidRansom posted:

Out of curiosity, to anyone who is voting today: why today and not like, two weeks ago by mail or early or whatever other method?

Because I live in a backwards-rear end state with a chud SoS. There's no way I was going to give anyone a chance to say "well, sure he got his absentee ballot notarized with two witnesses, but this signature looks a mite sketchy so into the dumpster it goes".

I filled out a real-rear end paper ballot, shoved it into a real-rear end scanner-style voting machine, and got a real-rear end receipt.

No chances taken, it's too important.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I was going to say living in Courthouse for the past year and a half hasn’t been so bad, then I remembered the only places I go to in Arlington are groceries or Peruvian chicken and otherwise I go into DC whenever I actually want to go out (pre-corona).

Beantown
Apr 21, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

Out of curiosity, to anyone who is voting today: why today and not like, two weeks ago by mail or early or whatever other method?

Bad parking at the early in-person poll places in my city. And I didn't do mail-in because I have the sort of signature that is basically some scribbled lines; I never have the same signature twice.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Endorph posted:

remember during 2016 when a bunch of people put their I VOTED sticker on susan b anthony's grave
I tried to put my sticker on Ida B. Wells's grave this year, but her ghost popped out and told me she was good.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

Yes and it is a sizable part of people voting at all

do it for the gram!

Years past bars around here would give you a free beer with a sticker. It made for a fun post-vote experience.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Josh Lyman posted:

I was going to say living in Courthouse for the past year and a half hasn’t been so bad, then I remembered the only places I go to in Arlington are groceries or Peruvian chicken and otherwise I go into DC whenever I actually want to go out (pre-corona).

If you live in Arlington and haven't gone to Burrito Brothers yet, lol @ you.

No seriously, go there. It owns. http://burritosbros.com/

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Here’s a vote for Biden in Ohio.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Arlington Peruvian chicken

I would kill to get the recipe to that stewed spinach-tomato side they have at the chicken place near ballston mall

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

uninterrupted posted:

I would kill to get the recipe to that stewed spinach-tomato side they have at the chicken place near ballston mall

this place owns

also good arlington-adjacent things:

ray's the steaks
hellburger
elevation burger (spreading fast!!!!)
PIZZA BOLI'S

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Predictit has some good bets if you feel like tempting fate.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hellburger

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Often just abbreviated to "USA"

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

luxury handset posted:

Best - Utah, Wyoming, DC, Manatee County FL because it has a manatee on it

Worst - Alaska, North Carolina (is the bull supposed to be making GBS threads out the stars?), lazy Louisiana not giving out any stickers at all

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Mooseontheloose posted:

Predictit has some good bets if you feel like tempting fate.

Do tell

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Endorph posted:

look it's easy for us jaded leftists to dunk on cheap and symbolic appeals to idpol but I'm sure Susan was looking down from heaven all day going 'who let all these negros in?????'

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

this place owns

ray's the steaks
hellburger
PIZZA BOLI'S

that afghan place I'm blanking on the name of but they're really loving good

only thing I miss about NoVa, less variety of cuisine down here, even though we have some great restaurants

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

This makes me pray that there is a documentary team following him and recording everything he does and says today. If there isn't one some rich person should totally pay to get one there immediately (agree to pay Donald money for complete access, he'll do it). There is no way a movie documenting today doesn't make a loving fortune either way it comes out.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Ours are the same every year, and I just put them all in a drawer for the one year that I walk around with like 5 on me to show I voted multiple times like a true lib.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

you can pay 89 cents to win 1 dollar betting on VA going blue in predictit, btw.

Seven Hundred Bee fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 3, 2020

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

luxury handset posted:

Worst: All states that have the "I voted!" with tiny flag in an oval.

Best: Giant, cartoony Alaska sticker.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

This is the best bet ever to make; I maxed this one out since it's basically a 90% chance to make 15 cents on your dollar or wherever its at now. It's insane and everyone should make this bet. Edit: to vote NO on this, I mean.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/6727/Will-Donald-Trump-lose-any-state-he-won-in-2016

Seriously, who thinks Trump will win ALL of the blue wall and everything else in contention?

Darko fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 3, 2020

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

160 million + voters is around .55 cents (was below .50 last night when I bought in). 130+ million plus voted in 2012 without vote by mail, seems like a no brainer to me.
Clean sweep (dems win pres, house, and senate) was at .50 cents 538 has the Senate at a 75 percent proposition.

My gambles:

Dems win electoral college by 60 to 99 .07 cents
Dems by 100 to 150 .12 cents

Weird one that was value:
MA Primary Winner -> Presidential Primary at .62 cents.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

hanales posted:

Here’s a vote for Biden in Ohio.

You went a little outside the bubble there I'm afraid we have to throw out this ballot, it's impossible to tell who you meant to vote for

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

this place owns

ray's the steaks
hellburger
PIZZA BOLI'S

Today I learned there are far more NoVa goons than I expected.

Yeah, the restaurants around here are pretty drat good. Hell, Five Guys started as a thing local to NoVa before they exploded everywhere.

One thing I learned is that pretty much every Vietnamese noodle place in NoVa is really good, so if you like pho or pho-adjacent things, this is a good place to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

https://twitter.com/hollyotterbein/status/1323652519051091970

pretty huge