Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/tbonier/status/1323643640049213440

That's a lot of sideline voters wading in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Fast food fast life

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This thread inspired me to order Five Guys for lunch. Thanks everyone

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

God drat burger snobs are as bad as beer snobs. Five Guys is fine. In and Out is fine. Shake Shack is fine. Even McDonalds and Wendys and Hardees/Carls Jrs are all fine. None are the most amazing thing in the world, none are the worst thing ever. If somebody likes one over the other, that is cool, everybody is different. On this of all days we should come together in our shared love of burger, whether beef or mushroom or other. Thank you.

Also Culvers makes the best fast food burger.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Aramis posted:

Malt Vinegar Mayo is a thing, and it's friggin delicious.

edit:

Rouille or bust

I looked up this and mayo on wiki and apparently theres a condiment called Salsa golf which looks v cursed

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

s a l s a
g o l f

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

mango sentinel posted:

This is the meager amount of hope I have allowed myself.

I don't see Trump running the table of the non PA swing states like that.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I looked up this and mayo on wiki and apparently theres a condiment called Salsa golf which looks v cursed

That's just fry sauce with a Latin flair

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Yates posted:

Butter *does* make a better burger.

I just had a day old publix veggie sub and tomatoes aside, it benefitted from the aging.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

This guy puts it a lot better than I did and everyone who likes electronic voting should watch this

Gonna reiterate electronic voting machines are hot garbage

Is Malt vinegar as a fries condiment a thing only massachusetts and canada does?

UK does it too. Salt and vinegar on ya chips

Alctel fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 3, 2020

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

Yates posted:

God drat burger snobs are as bad as beer snobs. Five Guys is fine. In and Out is fine. Shake Shack is fine. Even McDonalds and Wendys and Hardees/Carls Jrs are all fine. None are the most amazing thing in the world, none are the worst thing ever. If somebody likes one over the other, that is cool, everybody is different. On this of all days we should come together in our shared love of burger, whether beef or mushroom or other. Thank you.

This is the correct answer.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
If y’all wanna take a break from listening to people talk about the election on the TV or radio, KEXP (NPA radio station based out of Seattle) is doing a full day of election-related music programming. S’good.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yates posted:

To be a true American you have to first pick the shittiest type of garbage chain fast food imaginable, and then defend a particular major corporation that produces it to the death over the rest

Also if you hear someone say they put the wrong condiment on their hot dog you have the right to brutally slaughter them and their entire extended family, no jury will convinct you

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

mango sentinel posted:

This is the meager amount of hope I have allowed myself.
That's my map too :hfive:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Hail Mary, 
Full of Grace, 
The Lord is with thee. 
Blessed art thou among women, 
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus. 
Holy Mary, 
Mother of God, 
pray for us sinners now, 
and at the hour of our death.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Phlegmish posted:

Also if you hear someone say they put the wrong condiment on their hot dog you have the right to brutally slaughter them and their entire extended family, no jury will convinct you

That's just rear end in a top hat Chicagoans (whose hotdogs are good too, chill). I don't think anyone else cares.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

If you would like either of these cool gangtags:

Then submit to the MAP CHARITY CONTEST: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3946258&pagenumber=2

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
No one's mentioned checkers/rallys or sonic.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

I love how MSNBC constantly talks about all of Stacey Abrams work in Georgia like she's accomplished goddamn anything

You mean like the very real possibility the state turns blue tonight?

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Re: burgerchat; if you guys ever find yourselves in Alabama, you'd do worse than stopping by a Milo's. The brown sauce they serve slathered on their burgers is great, and it's also great to dip your fries in.

It was started by an Army cook who came back from WW2 and opened a hamburger joint, and developed his secret sauce by his customers telling him what it needed more of until they stopped doing that and started just asking for a lot of sauce.

They also use a lot of orange popcorn-style salt on their crinkle cut fries, which is amazing and probably why my blood pressure is too high. Worth it, though.

I got all the way through a Milo's post without talking about their tea, which is great and also gets sold in grocery stores by the gallon.

Insurrectum
Nov 1, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

In n out will double fry your fries if you ask them to.

it's actually the freezing between the first fry and the second that really makes good fries, which sadly you can't replicate with well-done in-n-out fries

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Election day voting update: went to my usual polling place a block from my house only to find that the polling place for my precinct had moved half a mile away. Not a big deal but super annoying as I had no notice - my June proof-of-registration says the old voting place, the election website had it listed but I guess it must've changed in the past couple weeks? Anyway it was busy but there wasn't a line, there are fewer college kids in town and a lot of them voted absentee. But it was also noon, will probably get way busier later in the day.

Had to hold my nose and vote for Stoney, sorry Aleksis :( ranked voting when

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Is Malt vinegar as a fries condiment a thing only massachusetts and canada does?

Five Guys is a national chain and malt vinegar is a standard condiment for fries there.

The combination of wedge cut fries, heavily salted with malt vinegar is a thing I associate with beach board walks in the mid Atlantic region from my youth. Places like Ocean City Maryland. Not sure if this is a thing in other coastal areas.

I first acquired a taste for malt vinegar with fries from the old Arthur Treacher Fish and Chips chain as a kid. Not sure if they exist anywhere now.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Insurrectum posted:

it's actually the freezing between the first fry and the second that really makes good fries, which sadly you can't replicate with well-done in-n-out fries

You can do the rinse, par-fry at low temp then refry at high temp and get close... but its so much work

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Alctel posted:

Having voting machines and not just a paper ballot/box is unfathomable to me as a non american. Like, why?

Also I got 1.55 odds on a Biden victory yesterday from various sports bettings sites (55 cents for every dollar) and put on a lot of money so uh, don't let me down America

Why not? Nothing to worry about. I’m sure they are secured using strong encryption, two factor authentication and robust, openly-auditable code.

Insurrectum
Nov 1, 2005

You can do the rinse, par-fry at low temp then refry at high temp and get close... but its so much work

I follow this recipe to make large batches of perfect fries, lots of up-front work but you can freeze a huge batch for months and quickly fry up individual serving sizes:

https://aht.seriouseats.com/2010/05/the-burger-lab-how-to-make-perfect-mcdonalds-style-french-fries.html

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

ummel posted:

No one's mentioned checkers/rallys or sonic.

Sonic, yes. Checkers/Rally's is garbage. Sure Checkers/Rally's is dirt cheap but the regret isn't worth it.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

cochise posted:

Sonic, yes. Checkers/Rally's is garbage. Sure Checkers/Rally's is dirt cheap but the regret isn't worth it.

Rally's fries are top-end, the rest of their food is a low meh.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wylie posted:

Re: burgerchat; if you guys ever find yourselves in Alabama, you'd do worse than stopping by a Milo's. The brown sauce they serve slathered on their burgers is great, and it's also great to dip your fries in.

It was started by an Army cook who came back from WW2 and opened a hamburger joint, and developed his secret sauce by his customers telling him what it needed more of until they stopped doing that and started just asking for a lot of sauce.

They also use a lot of orange popcorn-style salt on their crinkle cut fries, which is amazing and probably why my blood pressure is too high. Worth it, though.

I got all the way through a Milo's post without talking about their tea, which is great and also gets sold in grocery stores by the gallon.

I noticed a Milo's in Eastchase Montgomery a couple months ago and tried it, hated it. It was like a microwave meal salisbury steak.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Is it just me, or are the forums getting really sluggish already? It's not even 13h00 EST yet, so this does not bode well for tonight...

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Aramis posted:

Is it just me, or are the forums getting really sluggish already? It's not even 13h00 EST yet, so this does not bode well for tonight...

Yup. Do we have a discord/IRC/something?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Aramis posted:

Same. I’m on the Awful app and it’s super laggy.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Aramis posted:

BUSH'S BRAIN!!!!

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Yates posted:

Pho is better than burgers.

Fight me.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin

big mean giraffe posted:

Five Guys fries are the best in the "high end" fast food market anyway

This is objectively wrong but ok

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
https://twitter.com/comey/status/1323637174911250438?s=21

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Kalit posted:

Pho is better than burgers.

Fight me.

Yeah but try cheeseburger meatballs in your phó.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Aramis posted:

Same. Its not even 1pm EST and the forums are already dying.

Either that or Lowtax is cutting some cables!