Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Cup Runneth Over posted:

if i ever retire (lol) im just going to sit in my house and post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tei posted:

my reading:
rna, not dna, I think dna is kind of the hard-disc, and rna is like the apps in memory, so is not has bad has it sounds... also these cells are gonna die, so they remove themselves.

rna is mostly just instructions to produce proteins you dopes. it's the jobs in your cell's printer, it just means that it hijacks your body very effectively to produce more of itself when you're sick, not that it's mutating you into a covid-freak

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
full body corona printer goes *brrrrrrr*

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
https://twitter.com/nknewsorg/status/1323233399193112577

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

rna is mostly just instructions to produce proteins you dopes. it's the jobs in your cell's printer, it just means that it hijacks your body very effectively to produce more of itself when you're sick, not that it's mutating you into a covid-freak

sounds like something someone who is 60% COVID by weight would say

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

actionjackson posted:

yeah we (MN) have been surrounded by states that are all in the top 10 for a while so it was inevitable

edit: also lol at this

https://www.startribune.com/i-feel-cheated-how-boomers-are-coping-with-the-covid-19-curveball/572747361/

FYI boomers the millennials forward have none of the privileges you did

Should have spent those years attaining enlightenment and eliminating worldly desire instead of working for the man. Owned, boomers.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Epic High Five posted:

sounds like something someone who is 60% COVID by weight would say

n-no

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

:qq:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cup Runneth Over posted:

why bother? that racist old lady is going to die whether i crack her head open on the sidewalk or she gets COVID and drowns in her own lungs. not like i'm bothered by her derision

lol she's gonna live to 105 years old despite getting covid and she's just gonna get meaner and more racist as she ages

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

belgium has now broken 1 death / 1000 population and is closing in on 1 case / 25 people (only ~17000 cases to go).

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

lol she's gonna live to 105 years old despite getting covid and she's just gonna get meaner and more racist as she ages

"No body. No death" rules.
If you don't see them die, they not going to die.

Allowing people to live is so liberal.

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 22:15 on Nov 3, 2020

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Yesterday I had a sore throat to the point it was almost impossible to swallow. Cool, okay, maybe just allergies or something equally as dumb

Today I end up sleeping until noon waking up covered in sweat and every inch of my body is on fire, like deep muscle pain with the severe sore throat and pain in my chest when fully inflating my lungs. I can't think clearly and had to try and reschedule an interview because I'm fuct (they've not contacted me back)

I went to a doctor's appointment last Thursday but was in an empty waiting room except for 3 minutes another woman was in there at least 25 feet from me. Everyone was wearing masks correctly

We physically went into a restaurant to pick up an order for about 5 to 10 minutes last Friday and this white woman stood on my heels because she couldn't be bothered to stand outside the really small shop. I was going to say something to her but honestly didn't want to ruin my good mood 🙃

Everyone there had masks on correctly

That night I was hit by a weird wave of nausea that resulted in me painting the parking lot with banh mi. We had been out for a late night drive for a change of scenery

Other than those interactions I've not been out or face to face with anyone. I got groceries I disinfected on the 27th and of course every other day of mail that I also disinfect

I'm not coughing much at all but my entire body hurts, I'm restless, my throat is on fire, and if I take a super deep breath it feels like my chest muscles stick knives in my lungs for inflating too much, hard to explain

I have a test scheduled for tomorrow at 1:30pm. I'm not happy about this situation and frankly I'm scared. I just want to cry but that will just hurt

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

facetoucher cat posted:

Yesterday I had a sore throat to the point it was almost impossible to swallow. Cool, okay, maybe just allergies or something equally as dumb

Today I end up sleeping until noon waking up covered in sweat and every inch of my body is on fire, like deep muscle pain with the severe sore throat and pain in my chest when fully inflating my lungs. I can't think clearly and had to try and reschedule an interview because I'm fuct (they've not contacted me back)

I went to a doctor's appointment last Thursday but was in an empty waiting room except for 3 minutes another woman was in there at least 25 feet from me. Everyone was wearing masks correctly

We physically went into a restaurant to pick up an order for about 5 to 10 minutes last Friday and this white woman stood on my heels because she couldn't be bothered to stand outside the really small shop. I was going to say something to her but honestly didn't want to ruin my good mood 🙃

That night I was hit by a weird wave of nausea that resulted in me painting the parking lot with banh mi. We had been out for a late night drive for a change of scenery

Other than those interactions I've not been out or face to face with anyone. I got groceries I disinfected on the 27th and of course every other day of mail that I also disinfect

I'm not coughing much at all but my entire body hurts, I'm restless, my throat is on fire, and if I take a super deep breath it feels like my chest muscles stick knives in my lungs for inflating too much, hard to explain

I have a test scheduled for tomorrow at 1:30pm. I'm not happy about this situation and frankly I'm scared. I just want to cry but that will just hurt

That’s awful, and this symptoms do sound pretty Covid-y. Hopefully you’ll have the test results soon. Sorry to hear you are feeling bad, I hope you feel better soon. :(

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

oh yeah, how about some hardcoded protein instructions to post

got any good ones? mRNA header shifts? show me some sick poo poo

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Victory Position posted:

oh yeah, how about some hardcoded protein instructions to post

got any good ones? mRNA header shifts? show me some sick poo poo

if someone hadn't buffer overflowed my RNA into a privilege escalation to force me to post do you think I'd be here

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

5 straight days of no cases in Melbourne now. At this rate we're going to close our border to Sydney for having 1-5 cases per day.

14 days straight of no cases is the magic number for a full opening er up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr9J2AyhznQ

Yet we still have open er up protests. Chuds gonna chud

UnfortunateSexFart has issued a correction as of 22:51 on Nov 3, 2020

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

facetoucher cat posted:

No me fuckin gusta.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

5 straight days of no cases in Melbourne now. At this rate we're going to close our border to Sydney for having 1-5 cases per day.

14 days straight of no cases is the magic number for a full opening er up.

lmao 2700 cases/day was the point where my tiny state with a population less than Melbourne decided that it was time to make the hard decisions and reduce indoor dining from 75% capacity to 50% capacity

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

facetoucher cat posted:

Sounds like you got it :( Get well soon.

Also remember there is a A/T thread for the infected here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3944224&perpage=40

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

facetoucher cat posted:

drat it facetoucher cat. IK is not worth it.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

voting place was in a gym with zero ventilation

seemed bad

worse my half face respirator so we’ll see I guess

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
B.C. is continuing to creep up. There's been a spike in our local Bible Belt (Fraser Valley). Someone's not praying hard enough. There's a cluster of cases associated with a children's activity centre. :shock:

Had to skip a bunch of pages of thread cruft - you Americans seem tense today. Is there something going on down there the rest of us should know about?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

facetoucher cat posted:

These are all coronavirus symptoms, and it sounds like you got a much worse version of it than I did. Good luck.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

Can y'all stop getting covid please, it's not that hard to avoid an extremely contagious virus when most people are, at best, half-assing safety precautions

*looks at cumulative case totals*

Uhh well, nevertheless,

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

SKULL.GIF posted:

These are all coronavirus symptoms, and it sounds like you got a much worse version of it than I did. Good luck.

Could also just be my bad jokes in this thread, the symptom list is almost identical.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ftc didn't you have it once already

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

get well ftc

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Frumply posted:

start using a waterpik (much better than floss) and brush with sensodyne and you'll be almost pain free in a few months.

what most people don't know is that flossing can only get about 2mm under the gumline but plaque can build up as far as 4mm so some people can still get degeneration of the jaw bone even if they floss twice a day and a waterpik will solve that.

i am harry posted:

you can put a splash of mouthwash in the water too

Loucks posted:

Not a rechargeable, but I have and am happy with an actual Waterpik (Aquarius) in an extremely stupid color because it was on sale. they go for ~$40 semi-regularly.

Frumply posted:

just waterpiked the nussy and im feelin fresh

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

can I use a waterpik with shasta

Elderbean posted:

Just lol if you aren't cleaning yourself out after making GBS threads in your sink with a waterpik.

Rah! posted:

trumo loves waterpik

eyyyyyy

i got one of these things today thanks to all of you posting about them two days ago, thanks for eventually making my gums better cspam :buddy:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
ah weird, the people who have to work in person are catching a deadly virus and having huge complications. i hope that the people that work from home are ok mental health-wise, spending all their time with their spouse and children.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Pardot posted:

i got one of these things today thanks to all of you posting about them two days ago, thanks for eventually making my gums better cspam :buddy:

I’ve learned you shouldn’t use soda in your waterpik, FYI

gonna try whiskey instead

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

fermun posted:

ah weird, the people who have to work in person are catching a deadly virus and having huge complications. i hope that the people that work from home are ok mental health-wise, spending all their time with their spouse and children.

its been great except for when im forced to go work in person occasionally. that really negatively impacts my mental health

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Sorry for all the cspam infected. Hope you guys feel better and have an easy go of it.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

facetoucher cat posted:

:sympathy:

Get better soon ftc

Also skull and hootington, hope you're both doing ok too.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

fermun posted:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

the people being very careful getting covid genuinely frightens me

hope you’re all okay

if snoo gets it then I’m blackpilled and just loving done

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Never would have thought "I wont vote for a rapist" would be such an incendiary phrase

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

I’ve learned you shouldn’t use soda in your waterpik, FYI

gonna try whiskey instead

Also, I bought a bottle of buffalo trace today

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

the people being very careful getting covid genuinely frightens me

hope you’re all okay

if snoo gets it then I’m blackpilled and just loving done

Yeah, this past week has been a kick in the teeth

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Cup Runneth Over posted:

its been great except for when im forced to go work in person occasionally. that really negatively impacts my mental health

I know exactly what to say to blow this up into a huge fight but I don't want to lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

my brain is so hosed I think about snoo when I heat up pizza