Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Wait does that mean good? 3 point shift to Biden j. Other places? Or bad in that he’s not performing what the polls thought. What a confusing tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Goosed it. posted:

Does this mean anything for interpreting other states?

NH is super white and Clinton won it by a gnats rear end hair in 2016.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

LeeMajors posted:

I can't wrap my mind around this election even being close anywhere. Just the stupidest country on earth goddammit.

Dems snuffed out their candidate who generated enthusiasm

Tomoe Goonzen
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

Meatball posted:

Someone post that twitter where it's just screaming.

https://twitter.com/infinite_scream/status/1323764794596491265

https://twitter.com/infinite_scream/status/1323796176978718722

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sheriff Falc posted:

If Ohio goes blue its 100% over.

Wouldn't he still need Pennsylvania?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

88 million dollars to lose by 12 points

just a miserable performance from the dems

complete loving hacks

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Goosed it. posted:

Does this mean anything for interpreting other states?

My interpretation is that most of the polls and projections were money and time flushed down the toilet.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Levitate posted:

Wait does that mean good? 3 point shift to Biden j. Other places? Or bad in that he’s not performing what the polls thought. What a confusing tweet

It means bad — it means GEM thinks that Biden is underperforming his polls. The 3 point average shift is instead of the projected larger shift.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

My Twitter Account posted:

I bought lots of beer but no candy and I am now regretting that decision

If you're in Michigan I still have a metric fuckin sitting on my porch from Halloween

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Endorph posted:

'Cuban Democrats' are probably mostly the younger ones, I'd have to guess? I mean I'm not an expert so I *could* be wrong, but I have to imagine Sanders on the ticket would motivate older, richer ones even more.

There was an awesome exit poll article about it that I posted before but I can't find it anywhere.

I am not trying to imply that Bernie would have won Florida, just that Cubans aren't as much of a monolith as we like to pretend.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Dems snuffed out their candidate who generated enthusiasm

I know. And I'm old enough not to be surprised. I was an adult when Bush was re-elected.

Its all just so loving dumb and discouraging.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

So basically Gelliott Morris is the most useless motherfucker in modern election polling then?

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007

Sheriff Falc posted:

57% Biden is the definition of "ok" at this point

Just moved to 58% Biden. We are saved

(We are not saved)

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

complete loving hacks

But she was a fighter pilot who will work with Trump :haw:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Predictit is completely down for 30 mins which is hilariously bad.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Endorph posted:

'Cuban Democrats' are probably mostly the younger ones, I'd have to guess? I mean I'm not an expert so I *could* be wrong, but I have to imagine Sanders on the ticket would motivate older, richer ones even more.
In my experience, Cuban-Americans have a number of fractures in their voting. Older ones will almost unanimously go GOP (unsurprising). Affluential ones of any age, including younger will trend GOP. Anything in between is a toss-up, with a trend towards liberal the more young and poor they are.

numitor
Apr 25, 2008

My I please have that fish, sir?
NC is tough we have alot liberal place but man you drive out in the country and its alot of maga hats and trump pence signs. The one thing I will say is a bit of long term Republicans voted dem cause of covid19 and race stuff.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lets go loving tarheels lets end this poo poo

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Levitate posted:

They can see where the votes have come in and what’s left. If the extremely blue and highly populated places are left and all the small red places have been counted you can project that Biden will win it

Interesting, thanks!

Still loving blows my mind that voting is non-compulsory and polling day is held on a weekday, no matter how many times I remember it.

Stay safe US goons and don't gently caress this up :argh:

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

nine-gear crow posted:

So basically Gelliott Morris is the most useless motherfucker in modern election polling then?

Yes and he's been the conquering hero of the pollyannas in the Polliwonks thread for weeks, so at least we have that schadenfreude.

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Depends on Arizona and Nebraska-2 or something IIRC.

It would be incredibly surprising for Biden to win Ohio and lose Penn.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Sheriff Falc posted:

Just moved to 58% Biden. We are saved

(We are not saved)

Its 56 trump now

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

As long as Biden can get WI and MI and ONE other swing state he's fine. He can win with Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin but lose Arizona, NC, Georgie, Florida, and PA.

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007

Telsa Cola posted:

Its 56 trump now

We are not saved.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Decision Desk HQ moves Michigan into the Trump zone

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Telsa Cola posted:

Its 56 trump now

Is this the NYT needle of doom?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Petey posted:

Yes and he's been the conquering hero of the pollyannas in the Polliwonks thread for weeks, so at least we have that schadenfreude.

So at what point do we get Covok's 6'er expunged? :v:

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

FizFashizzle posted:

complete loving hacks

The tried and true "run a vet that is a Democrat in name only" strategy looking a little worse for wear these days.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I can't believe he's going to pull this off again. This stupid country.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/jonallendc/status/1323798287909081089

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Goosed it. posted:

Yes for nc

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Be careful, too many points in Endurance and half light there Covok.

[INLAND EMPIRE: Legendary] Jeb...

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

https://i.imgur.com/xpI8XYk.mp4

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Biden is absolutely outperforming the ever living gently caress out of Hillary's numbers in Biden. Look at Tarant county. Biden closed a 10 point gap from 2016 and it's dead even with 344k votes for both Biden and Trump.

Texas is going to go blue. Like none of the numbers from the blue southern part of the state are in either. Williamson county is flipped as well.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

aejix posted:

Yeah but unless I'm very dumb (entirely possible) I don't see how they could call Virginia a slam dunk state for Biden when, according to their mouse over tooltip, nearly a quarter of the votes have been counted and Biden is trailing by over 20%?

The lead isn’t enough to support a win for the rest of the precincts they need to report though. Say trump has a 20 vote lead but there are three precincts with 30 voters each left to report that historically vote D by 2-1 margin. Trump would have to over perform by a ridiculous margin to make up the disparity.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

I don't want 4 more years of the orange game-show host lying rapist.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1323797765579776005

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
The return of the needle was actually the harbinger of our final downfall.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

Goosed it. posted:

I'm calling it. Decision Desk has beaten incumbent "The Needle."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Timeless Appeal posted:

As long as Biden can get WI and MI and ONE other swing state he's fine. He can win with Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin but lose Arizona, NC, Georgie, Florida, and PA.

I think of all the states you mentioned at best Biden is winning Michigan.