Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

A Typical Goon posted:

Biden is doing worse than expected in Florida and about as well as expected everywhere else. He’s going to win

Doing worse with Hispanics across the board by double digits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

Inglonias posted:

I am feeling the dread and I'm honestly not sure why.

It’s PTSD.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Well this does align with Biden’s “get the whites back” strategy.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
im freaking out because we could get a blue texas, red florida, red michigan, and i don

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
97% of the total in NC so far is early votes.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I literally posted this 2-3 pages back.

Pull up a county by county map of 2016 Texas and look at the current numbers for Biden. BIDEN IS ABSOLUTELY FUCKIN DEMOLISHING TEXAS RIGHT NOW.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Biden's got this poo poo. God I hope he's got this poo poo.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Maybe Biden was a weak candidate and too racist to win?

or not racist enough

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
we've lost

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Inglonias posted:

Because we've been conditioned for four years to expect the worst.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

It is just a naturally dreadful thing, it'd be weird not to (unless there was a Reagan style blowout)

But it's way, way too early for that dread to turn into running around on fire.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

i have all of the dread

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Inglonias posted:

I’d rather not be shot at than before shot at with only a 20-30% chance to be hit. Or something.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

A Typical Goon posted:

Biden is doing worse than expected in Florida and about as well as expected everywhere else. He’s going to win

Correct ignore the doomposting jerkoff session Biden is over performing im NC, OH,GA.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

A pipe burst in Georgia I guess

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Inglonias posted:

Well we're running below expectations in FL, GA and NC. FL is almost certainly lost.

Biden doesn't need any of them but an early lead in nay would have made this a much shorter night.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
why are people flipping out? i see biden leading in freaking texas lol

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

My Twitter Account posted:

i have all of the dread

yeah and i just ate two pizzas and i'm lactose intolerant. bad choice

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
I was regularly canvassing for Bernie in AZ (before covid quashed it), and I ran into maybe one single latinx person that was for biden for all the doors I knocked on.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Theris posted:

~The Needle~ is not very optimistic

Yeah a lot of us have this open in a tab:

e: wrong screenshot!

and it just advances every time you click on it.

Pakistani Brad Pitt fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 4, 2020

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

God, I'm having 2016 flashbacks. Trump is the most Lovecraftian president as I drive myself to madness, unable to grasp the cosmic horror of people voting for him...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Inglonias posted:

Because we literally just had 4 years of Trump and have witnessed multiple "sure thing" Dem elections swing to the GOP thanks to overconfidence and a complete unwillingness to play hardball to the point where you'd think the idea was to intentionally lose.

And media outlets know this and are milking the suspense for all it's loving worth.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

if it helps any, the 2018 midterms started out disastrously at first as well, but eventually had a happy ending :unsmith:

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Posting from a Texas burb whose state congressional district is contested, our suburbs have grown a fuckton in the last 4 years. And lots of the new residents are from California.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

Doing worse with Hispanics across the board by double digits.

There’s a lot more suburban whites in the rust belt

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

i really don't want to live in america if trump wins again

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

Inglonias posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_n_okV8xRU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

even if he does end up winning this election, the consequences of this are going to turbofuck the democrats so badly in the future. saying 'gently caress it' when it comes to minorities and instead turning all their attention to old white conservatives is going to destroy them when those old white conservatives don't have a trump to vote against and minorities have been even further disillusioned by this party that clearly and explicitly does not give even one single semblance of a gently caress about them.

Yeah, I don't get why this isn't obvious to people. So far this election seems to be reinforcing the idea that Biden pulled in a bunch of extra whites and lost other support, and a large portion of those people are either going to return to the Republican fold or not vote at all in the future once Trump is gone.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Ruggan posted:

A pipe burst in Georgia I guess

And Chicago!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

im freaking out because we could get a blue texas, red florida, red michigan, and i don

Who’s talking about red Michigan? Thought Biden was up 10 there this week.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
Ohio and north Carolina will go for biden..

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I hope this is just a major map shuffle and we get the west/east split that America desperately needs (sorry New England, please send water)

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
So how are the Senate races looking, is there still a viable chance to get Majority?

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

mila kunis posted:

why are people flipping out? i see biden leading in freaking texas lol

It's definitely the needle. They happened to choose three states that might all start off looking good for Biden but have then swung to Trump. It's definitely emotional and I think NYT chose those three for that very reason.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am trying to stay calm but God this is so loving stressful and the people running in to gloat are not helping. This isn't a sports game.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The dread creeps

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The doom posting in this thread is off the charts. We're doing great so far.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

God, I'm having 2016 flashbacks. Trump is the most Lovecraftian president as I drive myself to madness, unable to grasp the cosmic horror of people voting for him...

There came a point that night where I just started laughing uncontrollably, madly, unhingedly, and part of me has never stopped laughing since. It he pulls off a double, the rest of me is going to join it.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the big brain strat of this idiot explicitly outlining that latinos aren't a part of the strategy to win is legit the dumbest thing any candidate has ever done.

even if he does end up winning this election, the consequences of this are going to turbofuck the democrats so badly in the future. saying 'gently caress it' when it comes to minorities and instead turning all their attention to old white conservatives is going to destroy them when those old white conservatives don't have a trump to vote against and minorities have been even further disillusioned by this party that clearly and explicitly does not give even one single semblance of a gently caress about them.

:hmmyes:

ImpAtom posted:

I am trying to stay calm but God this is so loving stressful and the people running in to gloat are not helping. This isn't a sports game.

Tell that to the party that spent enough money to fix the pipes in Flint on a recalcitrant Republican in the hopes that they would somehow defeat Mitch McConnell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral
Dec 14, 2000

If you see this man, slap him in the nuts for me.

Savy Saracen salad posted:

Ohio and north Carolina will go for biden..

With nearly 50% of the vote counted, and only 25% of the early vote, things seem good for Biden in Ohio for sure.

(Right...? Oh god I can't ev