Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Coredump posted:

How is Trump doing so well with Hispanics vs Biden? Biden didn't consider them on his path to victory but loving Trump wants to build a wall to keep them out, is separating families at the border, says they're not sending their best, etc etc etc. HOW?

Theyre white latinos and think they are the privileged minorities that are better than the brown ones. Clinton reached out to them and they got richer at the time. There are similar Middle Eastern shifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Is this a poll or election results?

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

punk rebel ecks posted:

What do I believe?

I mean, they're two completely different metrics, so "both" or "neither" are fine.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

punk rebel ecks posted:

What do I believe?

Probably the one with an actual breakdown

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!
Harrison's closer to Graham than I thought he'd be this is great

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

fondue posted:

I've been reading for years about people fleeing California for Texas but never ever thought of the political implications.

I thought the whole deal with this was that all the Californians moving to Texas are larping chuds who want to roll coal and stomp around kicking Mexicans in the face with cowboy boots without those fat cats in Sacramento frowning at them

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Bloody Pom posted:

This but add saying blue mirage

God, please.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

The darkest timeline is Biden losing Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, and Arizona, all by less than 2% of the vote.

Sounds pretty 2020 to me.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

FiskTireBoy posted:

CNN keeps saying that if Biden wins NC then it's almost impossible for Trump to win.

That's probably why it's ultimately going to go in Trump's favor. 2020 isn't done with us yet, and it's going to exact as much suffering as it possibly can.

I want to be hopeful, but I can't. 2016 broke me, and the results I'm seeing so far, as close as they are, just aren't filling me with confidence.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
We're having a frozen margherita pizza for dinner because I'm just not in the mood cook or really anything tonight (or possibly days...)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

MrMidnight posted:

It's just too much when you consider what's at stake. I understand the doom and gloom

Not to mention people have been broken. We've been watching the destruction of the country for years and we're hanging by a thread. We need something good to even have a hope of pulling out of this.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
GOP swept pinellas local elections except the school board. Lost a dem state rep but looking like we kept the dem state senator.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Data Graham posted:

I thought the whole deal with this was that all the Californians moving to Texas are larping chuds who want to roll coal and stomp around kicking Mexicans in the face with cowboy boots without those fat cats in Sacramento frowning at them

Texas added tech jobs so people followed the money since it has a warm climate too. As cities grow, Democratic votes grow.

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
All I dumb (yes), or is Ohio for Biden a big loving deal.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

What do I believe?

Your own personal anecdotes based on N=30 or so. Ignore all data, embrace the personal experience, and shape your world based on what's comfortable to you.

*drinks heavily*

quote:

General Election Liveposting: All I dumb (yes)

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Reid Epstein at NYT:

quote:

So far Biden is outperforming Clinton’s numbers in Houston and Dallas, but if he is to win the state he probably needs to exceed 2016 by more than he is doing right now.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
So I have a hard time keeping track of this all. Is poo poo looking worse than we thought, better, or about expected so far?

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Coredump posted:

How is Trump doing so well with Hispanics vs Biden? Biden didn't consider them on his path to victory but loving Trump wants to build a wall to keep them out, is separating families at the border, says they're not sending their best, etc etc etc. HOW?

A whole lot of immigrants support anti-immigration policies. Remember, they can vote. They are already in.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Please Ohio

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Coredump posted:

Liberals may accuse these Latinos of voting against their own interests, given Trump’s mishandling of the pandemic, attempts to repeal the Affordable Care Act, and restrictions on immigration—all issues that affect millions of Latino lives. But many pro-Trump Latinos told me they simply define their interests differently than their more progressive cousins do. They don’t necessarily feel solidarity with Latinos as a whole, and many identify themselves as American first. (Some reject “Latino” or “Latinx” labels as well.) Many are lifelong Republicans not eager to abandon their party, and Trump’s economy-first message and opposition to abortion rights resonate with them. Democrats shouldn’t be surprised if Trump matches or improves on his 2016 showing among Latinos on November 3, or if their votes help him hold battleground states such as Arizona and Florida. Republican Latinos have always existed, and the Trump campaign has dedicated significant resources to winning over more of the Hispanic community this election cycle.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I don't get why this isn't obvious to people. So far this election seems to be reinforcing the idea that Biden pulled in a bunch of extra whites and lost other support, and a large portion of those people are either going to return to the Republican fold or not vote at all in the future once Trump is gone.

"it worked for the primaries so it's a winning strategy in every other case" - the democrats, two years before getting obliterated in congress and four years before losing to president dan crenshaw

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Nail Rat posted:

So I have a hard time keeping track of this all. Is poo poo looking worse than we thought, better, or about expected so far?

No one loving knows because this is a weird election.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Nail Rat posted:

Right now, this is a "ask two people, get three answers" kinda question

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
PA still looking good.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Nail Rat posted:

Trump lost but there is still plenty of doomscrolling to come.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Ionicpsycho posted:

No Republican has ever won without carrying Ohio.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

fondue posted:

I've been reading for years about people fleeing California for Texas but never ever thought of the political implications.

Yeah. They've been keeping Texas red.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BougieBitch posted:

Probably the one with an actual breakdown

I’m having a breakdown right now.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

https://www.pewresearch.org/hispanic/2005/06/27/iv-how-latinos-voted-in-2004/

For some historical reference some people here probably don't care much about but Bush received 44% of the Hispanic vote nationally, which was somewhat of a high point.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Coredump posted:

Ignore the Cuban gusano thing and understand that Hispanics (or Latino) is an ethnic designator, not a race. Many Latinos consider themselves white. Many of them are at least one generation removed from coming here, which means that they can feel safe (somewhat) in their status as citizens and that because they did it "the right way" unlike the kids in cages right now. And because of those two factors (among others, like the fact that Latinos are the fastest growing group in the US and have seen an increase in wealth relative to native born Latinos) they feel comfortable in believing that they can find safe haven within the Republican party or at least cause enough fuss to not be the target as long as there's illegal immigration to focus on. There are many levels of stratification within the Latino community (just like other minorities) and unfortunately many people default to racial and/or class allegiances before ethnicity or culture.

It's complicated but essentially the last 4 years have ripped the veil away from the pernicious influence of white supremacy in this country for many, many people and an not insignificant number are going to choose to be at the right hand of the devil rather than in his path. Same old poo poo.

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
What's going on with VA?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

My own crappy pics.

Dallas County 2016

Dallas County 2020

Hays County 2016

Hays County 2020

Tarrant County 2016

Tarrant County 2020

Williamson County 2016

Williamson County 2020

Basically Biden is crushing Texas all over the state.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nail Rat posted:

About expected in the sense that it's a total clusterfuck and no one really knows poo poo until more gets counted

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fulton county is still not in

marsisol posted:

What's going on with VA?

already basically called for biden

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Nail Rat posted:

Better than expected in Ohio, worse in Florida. Just assume national polls were mostly right and state ones were too infrequent/small

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Nail Rat posted:

This election is going to be contested and there are a lot of externalities from lack of preparedness and intentional fuckery, so it's .... uh. Going. If someone tells you anything definitively right now, check other sources. It's gonna be a long one.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I’m having a breakdown right now.

same tbh

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1323803336848584708?s=20

https://twitter.com/literElly/status/1323802989203697668?s=20

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

GI_Clutch posted:

We're having a frozen margherita pizza for dinner because I'm just not in the mood cook or really anything tonight (or possibly days...)

Are you at least going to heat it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

CNN and NYT needle seem to disagree about North Carolina and I don't know who to believe