Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

TyrantWD posted:

Needle has tilted more towards Trump as the vote came in.

Stop looking at the loving needle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Darko posted:

FOX is giving Biden 90 percent in NC.

christ

I can't handle this NC/OH stuff

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007

Darko posted:

What the gently caress. What world are we living in where FOX is more bullish on NC than NYT.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Deviant posted:

can someone tell me yet in little words if we live in a world where decency still holds sway?

if not i'm going to get [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], and probably end up cross[REDACTED] and hope I wake up in a better world than the one i went to sleep in

lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Deki posted:

Would NC and OH be ballgame?

yes

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Darko posted:

Given the current states called, Trump with Florida and Biden winning North Carolina, 538's interactive map leaves Trump with a 2% chance to win it all.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

ewiley posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with Americans how can you look back at the last 4 years and be like 'yep this is going really fcking well'?

Not All Americans.

A lot of us are near sick that this is even a contest because Donald Trump has been a laughing stock for like forty loving years.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Daily Kos:

quote:

Tuesday, Nov 3, 2020 · 8:50:16 PM EST · Mark Sumner
Ohio continues to be the puzzler at the moment. Unlike North Carolina, most of the vote counted there was not early vote. With 55% in, Biden has an 11% edge and there are still about half the votes out in the bluest counties.

Tuesday, Nov 3, 2020 · 8:56:13 PM EST · Mark Sumner
With 73% of the vote in, Biden continues to hold a 4% edge in North Carolina. On the map there are not a lot of red rural counties still outstanding. However, it’s not so much geographic data that’s missing, it’s chronological. Three quarters of the vote that has been counted so far has been early vote. It’s still difficult to tell whether Biden’s early vote totals will hold up as the remaining 27% of vote, almost all of it Election Day vote, is added in.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sheriff Falc posted:

What the gently caress. What world are we living in where FOX is more bullish on NC than NYT.

Fox has the best polling operation in the game. Just like the GOP.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Biden takes Trump's home state!

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Willo567 posted:

Stop looking at the loving needle

Never

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Please please please OH redemption arc. I need to take this edge off before bed.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ornedan posted:

Might be a relative proportions thing. Those that voted for Trump last time did so again, and everyone else stayed home this time instead.

Biden not offering anything better than what he'd inherit from Trump, who in turn inherited the forced sterilisation camps from Obama, might have been a mistake.

Im sorry but what

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

ewiley posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with Americans how can you look back at the last 4 years and be like 'yep this is going really fcking well'?

Exit polls had 60+% saying they're at least as well off economically as they were 4 years ago.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Are you at least going to heat it up?

Of course. If heating something up in the oven counts as cooking, that would a really low bar.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

maine not looking good...

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

9:00 pm. 14 states closing polls. :f5:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

TyrantWD posted:

Needle has tilted more towards Trump as the vote came in.

I have no clue on what that could be based.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Deki posted:

Would NC and OH be ballgame?
My complete amateur understanding is that anything short of a really firm 70/30 split for Biden over the nation is gonna get contested by Trump, no matter what, so while they'd be a good step they're only the first stage in what will probably go down as the most turgid attempt to form a junta in history.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

As a recovering sports gambler, Ohio has not done me well historically. Redeem yourselves!

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

LeeMajors posted:

Not All Americans.

A lot of us are near sick that this is even a contest because Donald Trump has been a laughing stock for like forty loving years.

Not enough! Why is this even a close race?!

e: to be clear i'm not attacking you, just like I'm so shocked it's so goddamn close with over 200k people dead due to his mismanagement and poo poo.

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007
Reject the needle. Embrace FOX. I'm dying.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Are we really heading toward the timeline where the only thing that saves Biden is that he might just flip Texas

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Coredump posted:

How is Trump doing so well with Hispanics vs Biden? Biden didn't consider them on his path to victory but loving Trump wants to build a wall to keep them out, is separating families at the border, says they're not sending their best, etc etc etc. HOW?

He's done an unprecedented lack of outreach towards them, to the extent many Biden surrogates were complaing about it, and Biden was yelling at immigration activists to vote for Trump.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

fool of sound posted:

lol the biden "what are minorities going to do? vote republican??" strategy is going great

:perfect:

Anyways we have a thread on mutual aid, organizing, and activism outside of electoral politics if you feel that tonight has broken your belief in the system.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3943326&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

maine not looking good...
Maine (and that part of Canada) is racist and provincial af. It was always a pretty safe bet they'd split to Trump.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Coredump posted:

9:00 pm. 14 states closing polls. :f5:

A bunch updated all at once on NYT as I blinked and it gave me a minor heart attack

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i want kansas to go blue more than anything

come on nc, end this poo poo

cornyn won. beto you loving moron

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Zophar posted:

Please please please OH redemption arc. I need to take this edge off before bed.

If Ohio goes blue I will take back everything bad I said about it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

DeathChicken posted:

Are we really heading toward the timeline where the only thing that saves Biden is that he might just flip Texas

I'm no political scientist, but if he nabs OH and NC then grabbing Texas would be the electoral equivalent of stomping directly on Donnie's nuts I believe.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

mind the walrus posted:

My complete amateur understanding is that anything short of a really firm 70/30 split for Biden over the nation is gonna get contested by Trump, no matter what, so while they'd be a good step they're only the first stage in what will probably go down as the most turgid attempt to form a junta in history.

Uh no lol

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Trump winning Florida but losing North Carolina would make me so smug

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
If Biden gets NC and OH does he win, or does he need Texas too?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

marsisol posted:

What's going on with VA?

VAs for Biden

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

If Ohio goes blue I will take back everything bad I said about it.

Good, Ohio gets a bad rap compared to it's absolute shithole of a neighbor Indiana.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
:lol: kanye wrote in his own name left the rest of his ballot blank.

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1323727338387902465?s=20

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

ewiley posted:

If the people you hate are hurting worse than you that's a net gain.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

If Biden gets NC and OH does he win, or does he need Texas too?

He does not need Texas

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

polling is dead as a science

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Yee.... Haw?