Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

MOST STATES COUNT MAIL IN BALLOTS WITH THEIR IN PERSON BALLOTS.

PA and WI are exceptions.

If a state has been called or has > 85% reporting in, assume that the mail in ballots for that state are counted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Biden may well still pull this off, but man, what we're all feeling is that anger that it's close. What's wrong with people?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Let's be very clear- we will NOT know an answer tonight. Period. Going to go to bed soon because we're not going to learn much more tonight except maybe some Senate seats and AZ.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Geshtal posted:

This is what I've been saying, you're spot on. Arizona might FINALLY be a bright spot tonight, and Pennsylvania might be messed with if Republicans take everyone to court, but I still maintain that the blue votes are there. Wisconsin and Michigan too. Nothing tonight has threatened Biden's must-win states. Our faith in polls and our fellow voters? Sure.

Edit: Can I also add how gobsmacked I am that MSNBC and freaking Fox News has had the best coverage tonight?!

Macomb County is doing really badly in Michigan. It's Detroits ultra racist suburb area that needs to go like 50/50 which worries about the rest of the state. However, only 17 percent of the early vote is in and HALF the state voted early.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

XtraSmiley posted:

Biden may well still pull this off, but man, what we're all feeling is that anger that it's close. What's wrong with people?

America is full of fascists.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Regardless of what the final outcome is, I hope that polling companies finally start to realize that the "willing to pick up calls from unfamiliar numbers on their landline" demographic isn't representative of the full country.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

XtraSmiley posted:

I'm still stunned that it's this close. I expected Trump to cap out at ~230 electoral votes.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

GeekyManatee posted:

Gotcha. So people are primarily hoping Biden ends up taking PA, WI, and MI after those votes come in.

Yeah.

As a WI voter who mailed my ballot in I'm really hoping biden pulls it out. That would mean most likely my state and local candidates who are FABULOUS progressives win as well.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
US politics is literally professional wrestling now. And the Democrats threw a jobber (whose job it is to lose) up against a WWE Hall of Famer. Just sayin'.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/JonathanTamari/status/1323831202919362560?s=20

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Everyone here in D&D was so wrong. The certainty in very thread.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jazzimus Prime posted:

US politics is literally professional wrestling now. And the Democrats threw a jobber (whose job it is to lose) up against a WWE Hall of Famer. Just sayin'.

Then again Jinder beat Randy

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/quasimado/status/1323827708174966784?s=19

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

sheri posted:

If a state has been called or has > 85% reporting in, assume that the mail in ballots for that state are counted.

If Trump legit wins the election my head's going to explode.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

There Bias Two posted:

It's a lot of that, but I also think we are on the cusp of ethnic change and that causes a lot of thrashing.

In 60 years America will be much more diverse, but sadly full of people who still want to opress others. It's not an American thing, it's a human thing.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

There Bias Two posted:

I think ultimately fascism is just easier. We were taught that fascism was a uniquely terrible ideology for uniquely terrible people, so the vast majority of people just took it for granted that they would never be such a thing, never realizing how close they already were.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Timeless Appeal posted:

Sincerely, and please listen.

You are anxious right now and your anxiety is legitimate. You're on the internet right now because it's given you an illusion of control. You can't really control this right now. But you are physically safe, and the world has a lot of good people in it. And there is a lot good you can do.

We probably won't know what's going to happen tonight. Go play video games. Get high. Jerk off. Just do whatever you need to do to relax.

Tomorrow's a new day and take time then to take stock.
Thank you so much. I'm really going to do my best to try and not let Trump destroy me, like I know he wants to do with all of his enemies

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yes and most of this will not be known for some time

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

sheri posted:

As stated, in the battlegrounds like MI, there are only 20 odd percent mail ins/early votes counted too. This is going to be weird and take forever.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
tump

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Shageletic posted:

it's hilarious

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

XtraSmiley posted:

It's a lot of that, but I also think we are on the cusp of ethnic change and that causes a lot of thrashing.

In 60 years America will be much more diverse, but sadly full of people who still want to opress others. It's not an American thing, it's a human thing.

Oh shut up about this stupid "human nature is evil" propaganda used to justify the evils of capitalism.

If Trump wins it's because the system created by a minority of sociopaths set him up to win

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1323832814215843841

Still looks optimistic in Arizona

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Jazzimus Prime posted:

And nobody's life would have really gotten any better under four years of Biden/Harris.
“My life of relative privilege will probably be the same, so I don’t understand what these folks are crowing about”

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
WI swung back to blue in a big way from just 30 min ago on DDHQ and that's not counting mail-ins

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Shageletic posted:

Hey I was telling everybody I had a bad feeling at 2pm over here, I just wasn't going into full panic posting mode

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/692155362552778752?s=20

XtraSmiley posted:

I don't know if you've been keeping up with climate science, but in 60 years America won't exist in any meaningful sense.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Dr Pepper posted:

Oh shut up about this stupid "human nature is evil" propaganda used to justify the evils of capitalism.

If Trump wins it's because the system created by a minority of sociopaths set him up to win

Yes, you're right. That's why in non-capitalist countries, it's a sea of love...

Human nature is human nature. I'm not judging it as evil, I'm saying people be people yo.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

XtraSmiley posted:

turns out that running a candidate who tells you that nothing better can ever happen and he will veto policies that would directly help you were they ever to make it to his desk isn't a winning strategy. who'd have ever thought!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The scene in here is less "Trump is going to win a second term" as it is a bunch of obnoxious Nojoes coming in to needle already anxious posters.

Eb
May 6, 2003
Is https://results.decisiondeskhq.com/ drunk? It just had WI blue and now it has PA blue but WI is red again.

Edit: Nevermind confirmed drunk, PA is back to red.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I'm not sure I understand. Are polls just bullshit?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Collins conceded to Loeffer in GA Sen. It'll be her vs Warnock in January it seems, no winner tonight.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

turns out that running a candidate who tells you that nothing better can ever happen and he will veto policies that would directly help you were they ever to make it to his desk isn't a winning strategy. who'd have ever thought!

Anybody vaguely leftist has been (correctly) saying this since Biden was nominated, and he never did anything to meaningfully turn around this impression. I don't really get why people got this sudden burst of confidence that Trump would be decisively crushed in the last couple of months given this.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Sodomy Hussein posted:

The scene in here is less "Trump is going to win a second term" as it is a bunch of obnoxious Nojoes coming in to needle already anxious posters.

Probably time to check out for a bit if a brisk liveposting thread is getting you down.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

XtraSmiley posted:

"Diversity" is not some innoculation against fascism and the Democrats have been getting their teeth knocked in while depending on "demographics as electoral destiny" for at least two decades now.

Also they're not the only ones who think they can leverage those forces!

https://twitter.com/guidogir/status/1323819351955439618?s=19

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

XtraSmiley posted:

Yes, you're right. That's why in non-capitalist countries, it's a sea of love...

Human nature is human nature. I'm not judging it as evil, I'm saying people be people yo.

What non-captailist countries. Every one that tries gets overthrown by the CIA and plunged into darkness with some monster.

Humans are naturally empathetic and cooperative. The current systems have to do a lot to keep this from happening.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Just to be clear, Trump is going to win a second term.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/692155362552778752?s=20

I don't know if you've been keeping up with climate science, but in 60 years America won't exist in any meaningful sense.

This doesn’t change no matter who wins this election because neither candidate are in anyway seriously going to do anything about climate change. One denies it and the other will offer carbon credits. Both result in the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Biden’s supporters were touting that he was going to comfortably win a landslide and potentially flip Texas and control all three levers of government, get real.