Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
For what it's worth, Arizona polled further to the right than PA so 538's "Path to Victory" snake chart didn't even include it. That's why it's possible for Biden to win without PA. as long as he sweeps everything else that polled to the left of PA/Arizona. (Florida and NC polled to the right of AZ).

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/?cid=rrpromo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Lindsey Graham won?

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

It's very much a thing, unfortunately.

In this universe?

Edit: bush? Like the 9/11 bush dickhead?

Who likes that idiot lol

spunkshui fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 4, 2020

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

albedoa posted:

This is something you can stop doing.

Agreed, I will simply take the good news as it comes :)

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost
Is there anywhere that is actually clear about how much of these totals are election day, how much is early voting, what the expected totals of each are, etc.? It's frustrating to see numbers being slung around and having no idea what they actually mean.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Was Fox the first to call Arizona for Biden?

Didn't expect to see that.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

davecrazy posted:

Lindsey Graham won?

Yeah but he still has to be Lindsey Graham.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

davecrazy posted:

Lindsey Graham won?

South Carolinians are largely self-hating morons.

Signed,
A South Carolinian.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ms Adequate posted:

I'm not really bullish about PA but yeah the places that are 70, 80, 100% counted are the red counties, whilst Philly and suburbs and Pittsburgh are like 12%, 18%, 25% counted. And early/mail/abentee ballots are counted something like 17% last I heard.

PA.gov still has mail-ins at 2.2 mil to be counted with a 3:1 Dem:GOP spread. This is why I'm remaining positive about PA swinging Biden.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Wait what's the senate at now

namelesstwo
May 7, 2007
the uber joker

surf rock posted:

Was Fox the first to call Arizona for Biden?

Didn't expect to see that.

Fox is complete bullshit and a rot on our democracy. But their election and decision desk are spot on and they are calling it fair.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Lindsey Graham won?

Cuz of Dianne Feinstein

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Lord Harbor posted:

Is there anywhere that is actually clear about how much of these totals are election day, how much is early voting, what the expected totals of each are, etc.? It's frustrating to see numbers being slung around and having no idea what they actually mean.

I don't think so. A good rule of thumb is that if there are states that haven't been called yet despite having what seems to be a clear result (North Carolina), those states have a significant number of ballots left to be counted that could swing the vote.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

spunkshui posted:

In this universe?
Reagan Democrats are a thing, and Bush nostalgia is a depressingly common sentiment

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Geshtal posted:

Are we posting maps now?

I know, I know. Fire 538 and all other pollsters for missing now two elections so badly. But the uncalled states look much better for Biden than for Trump. It'll be, I dunno, end of the week before all the vote are counted? But it will take a serious upset or intervention to give Trump another term. Still going to be a battered, wheezing husk of a "victory" though.

Was going to post this, through all the doomposting the map still looks good for Biden. I'm going to go ahead and predict blue Minnesota, if it didn't flip in 2016 it won't now. Nevada is going to take for-loving-ever to turn in results but I also think Biden pulls ahead there. Iowa and Montana gonna get a Trump call, probably Texas and Ohio too. From there Biden pretty much just has to win PA...that should be fun.

e:

Andy Dufresne posted:

For what it's worth, Arizona polled further to the right than PA so 538's "Path to Victory" snake chart didn't even include it. That's why it's possible for Biden to win without PA. as long as he sweeps everything else that polled to the left of PA/Arizona. (Florida and NC polled to the right of AZ).

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/?cid=rrpromo
or this

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cabbit posted:

Just checked Buzzfeed and, lol:

It's impossible, but God, just imagine the world where Biden wins the electoral but loses the popular.

Well while we're talking fantasy, this is the one scenario where I could see GOP voters actively campaigning to get rid of the Electoral College.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Cabbit posted:

Just checked Buzzfeed and, lol:

It's impossible, but God, just imagine the world where Biden wins the electoral but loses the popular.

Iowa is not going to hold. Idaho is wrong, that's got to just be Boise. Along with AZ, Biden must get either both WI/MI or PA plus one of those two.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Voyager I posted:

It's looking like Biden will probably win after the mail-in gets counted, but it's disappointing that it's going to be that close to begin with.

If I voted for that shitbag and he loses anyways I'm gonna be pissed.

no he doesn't. its clearly trump now. its over

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Reagan Democrats are a thing, and Bush nostalgia is a depressingly common sentiment

I mean, it was funny when he almost died on a pretzel.

But seriously I have no idea what you guys are talking about at all.

Iraq war is def not popular at this point.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
My rational brain tells me that we'll have a biden win by the end of the week, but reading this thread tells me to settle in for the thousand year Trumpensreich. I'm hoping that the next mai tai brings out the rational brain more.

Mai tais - good coping mechanisms.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Fox calls Arizona for Biden
Florida for Trump

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Even if Biden does win, this is very bad news for the Democrats going forward

https://twitter.com/nguyenthevote/status/1323835185264267264?s=20

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
What's NE district 2 looking like? It may be fuckin' important...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

spunkshui posted:

I mean, it was funny when he almost died on a pretzel.

But seriously have no idea what you guys are talking about at all.

Iraq war is def not popular at this point.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Tim Whatley posted:

Dems lost Alabama but picked up Arizona and Colorado. Still a long way to go.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Tim Whatley posted:

Someone posted this earlier: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/e/2PACX-1vTmC96gJ1XDs73BZtKdgBTBX8DS1oDR6-X15PjG6oyKMLmHvh9AHm_SYRLdudG8bX5l-BLoBdBAwqcj/pubhtml

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Everything that has been happening with Latinos tonight is blowing my mind.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/PreetBharara/status/1323837880804978689?s=20

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Wiggles posted:

My rational brain tells me that we'll have a biden win by the end of the week, but reading this thread tells me to settle in for the thousand year Trumpensreich. I'm hoping that the next mai tai brings out the rational brain more.

i think you mean your irrational brain

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Gripweed posted:

Who would’ve thought calling Mexicans ‘rapists’ and separating refugee families would’ve led to a Hispanic political realignment.

gently caress me.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Maybe he will eke out a victory after all.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Yeah this is where I am. I’d add that my rational brain also knows the thread Id is often panicked and wrong. Except sherry instead of Mai Tais.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Isn't this just exit polls? 2020 exit polls are not comparable to 2016 exit polls.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
drat if maybe a drat near octagenerian segregationist didn’t get out the vote then maybe you guys should radicalize?

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Number_6 posted:

What's NE district 2 looking like? It may be fuckin' important...

Biden leads 53.4% to 44.8% with 57% reporting

(https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-elections/nebraska-president-results?icid=election_usmap - scroll down)

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
How sure are we that Biden won AZ? Is it just Fox saying so?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/jblumgart/status/1323842460334854144
this is before absentees, I believe

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

BirdOfPlay posted:

PA.gov still has mail-ins at 2.2 mil to be counted with a 3:1 Dem:GOP spread. This is why I'm remaining positive about PA swinging Biden.

Oh drat I knew it was a good number but I didn't know it was healthily north of 2 mil, that does make me feel a little better about PA. AZ comforts me a good amount, it definitely keeps paths open, and getting Kelly into the Senate as well would be :discourse: and if heralds a longer-standing Arizona flip then things in the future get a little easier.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I will buy a Kyler Murray jersey (or Fitz or Hopkins I dunno) if Biden wins. :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Yeah this is where I am. I’d add that my rational brain also knows the thread Id is often panicked and wrong. Except sherry instead of Mai Tais.

You bougie motherfucker