Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I just want to tell you good luck. We're all counting on you.
Don't count on us, Leslie. We're going to let you down. We're going to crash the airplane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Geshtal posted:

Reminder: Biden is leading in Minnesota and slightly behind in Wisconsin. Not one early vote has been counted in either yet. Michigan is all today and rural vote in, not anything from the cities. Pennsylvania is also very close with a Trump lead, and two million early votes yet to be counted. Trump would have to overwhelmingly win these early (likely democratic votes) to keep a lead and win. Throw these states into Biden's column and it is over. Trump loses. I think his only path to victory now is to somehow stop the count of these votes. It's a narrow, underwhelming win for Biden, the senate is looking really shaky for Democrats now and we might still have gridlock for four (two?) years there. Pollsters and democratic expectations are the biggest losers tonight. Go to bed everyone, breath deeply. The fight may very well end in the courts over the remainder of the week rather than the ballot box.

Yeah, at this point, it seems like it's gonna be Biden by a nose (which is a testament to how lovely a candidate he is). However, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump tries to sue (that's his go-to move when things don't go his way, after all), and with a 6-3 court, there's a very real chance he could get results overturned with some sort of bullshit "this explicitly is not to be used for precedent" ruling a la Bush v. Gore.

Either way, we're probably going to see some violence as a result, so I hope people are safe.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1323854833057779712

Everyone was worried about the needle earlier needs to trust in it now.

My Trumper contacts are absolutely livid / spinning the conspiracy narrative around George Soros bursting the waterline in the Atlanta office to give dems cover to steal Georgia.

I take this as a very good sign.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I fear the needle.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
https://twitter.com/kabir_here/status/1323853080593604610

Biden might be doing alright? Good news starting to come in

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I sure wish NH would legalize weed

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Hawaii is in the bag.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

So Biden just lost Ohio. Explain to me, like I'm a literal child, what he needs now in order to win?

For the DNC not to nominate a dementia riddled, rapist, centrist poo poo head?

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

davecrazy posted:

Daily Kos:

I don't know what they are seeing, but Biden is still up 54.3% to 43.9% with 82.6% reporting in NE2.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

So Biden just lost Ohio. Explain to me, like I'm a literal child, what he needs now in order to win?

Michigan and Wisconsin or Michigan and Minnesota, or any two of those and Pennsylvania.

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

Youth Decay posted:

Again, I'm not sure why it's considered a swing state. MN has voted for Democrats every election since 1976, the longest of any state.

You say that but the MN state senate is getting slaughtered.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
It's after midnight, and I think the current map should give me an opportunity to drift off to sleep (uneasy as it may be). Here's hoping the country isn't on fire when I wake up in a few hours.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i think at this point biden is pretty likely to win having taken arizona, however the results tonight bode really loving bad for 2022 and especially 2024

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1323854833057779712

Everyone was worried about the needle earlier needs to trust in it now.

Bahahahahahah the fuckkkk???

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Darko posted:

True, depends on what Macomb does because it could add 50,000 D or 10,000 D, depending on their mail ins, and it's super racist. Then it just goes ALL of the UP and what's left in Mid Michigan vs. the 200,000 or whatever net gain in Wayne. It's going to be weird, Macomb is what really shifted Clinton since Detroit turnout was so low, and it was like 20,000 votes.

I grew up in Macomb county and lived there until I was 30. The working class whites are definitely Trump voters but there's probably an even split in my opinion. Oakland/Washtenaw/Wayne going heavy Biden will carry it IMO.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Tom Brokaw is old as gently caress

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Starsfan posted:

https://twitter.com/kabir_here/status/1323853080593604610

Biden might be doing alright? Good news starting to come in

why am I seeing this all over the place when there is a swingy 2016 county/precinct at the top there that went 100% JOBIDEN 100% THE NEW FLESH

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I actually kind of like the scenario where Biden wins only because of AZ and it's all because McCain is loving Trump from his grave.

I would have liked a Biden landslide more, but that doesn't look realistic.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Does NOBODY remember the Alabama senate needle?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Georgia goes blue, do we have to stop making fun of 28-3?

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
Well poo poo. Ernest is pulling head of Greenfield for the Iowa Senate seat. Likely 49/51 Red Senate unless mail-ins can change the trajectory.

Talky
Mar 26, 2010

MJeff posted:

I fear the needle.

“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

berserker posted:

Bahahahahahah the fuckkkk???

The needle giveth, and the needle taketh away

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i think at this point biden is pretty likely to win having taken arizona, however the results tonight bode really loving bad for 2022 and especially 2024

Not only that, Mark Kelly is looking good, and I'm basically calling the ballot measures now: AZ legalized :420: and is gonna tax the rich.

Blue state baby.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

E. Revenant posted:

Well poo poo. Ernest is pulling head of Greenfield for the Iowa Senate seat. Likely 49/51 Red Senate unless mail-ins can change the trajectory.

How are you getting 49/51 instead of 48/52? Collins and Tillis are both likely to win at this point, Jones lost, so along with Kelly and Hickenlooper, who am I forgetting?

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Crows Turn Off posted:

It means Harris breaks the tie (if Biden wins).

Realistically speaking, a 50/50 Senate means that Joe Manchin is the true deciding vote on almost everything.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Insta-calling MN when Hillary won it by 1.5 sounds important?

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

fadam posted:

Why does it take so long to count mail ballots? Even if they can’t start until late today, why all the way to Friday?

In PA, we were disallowed from pre-canvassing mail-ins until today (9 AM if memory serves). That means that our county-level boards of elections had to wait to verify that the mail-in is, in fact valid, and to open it. So, at 9 AM today, they started that process for ~2.5 million ballots. My county only got through a third of mail-ins, probably for this reason. But, yeah, opening 2.5 million envelopes is a big undertaking, and they've gotta do that twice for each ballot.

They have, officially, counted ~416k ballots of 2.5 million for this reason. Several counties have also said they weren't going to bother with doing anything today because of manpower reasons. Beaver Co, which is half of PA-17, has 150k that haven't been touched, and that's more votes than have been reported in that race, in total.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1323855158174978049

Nate Silver is also gloating a bit on this.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Oh thank the lord Stoney beat out Gray in the Richmond VA Mayor's race. Rodgers got 24% for 3rd place so I feel slightly less bad about voting with my head and not my heart.

And the far right scumbag MIKE DICKINSON GOT BLOWN THE gently caress OUT for his city council race a distant 3rd place! Sanity prevails.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

MJeff posted:

If Georgia goes blue, do we have to stop making fun of 28-3?

Nope. Never let us Georgians forget. We won't, but we need the reminder.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

LegendaryFrog posted:

My Trumper contacts are absolutely livid / spinning the conspiracy narrative around George Soros bursting the waterline in the Atlanta office to give dems cover to steal Georgia.

please post them

the tears sustain me

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Promoted Pawn posted:

Realistically speaking, a 50/50 Senate means that Joe Manchin is the true deciding vote on almost everything.

So basically my version of hell.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Almost Smart posted:

It's after midnight, and I think the current map should give me an opportunity to drift off to sleep (uneasy as it may be). Here's hoping the country isn't on fire when I wake up in a few hours.

It will be. But from climate change not the other stuff don't worry.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

TraderStav posted:

I grew up in Macomb county and lived there until I was 30. The working class whites are definitely Trump voters but there's probably an even split in my opinion. Oakland/Washtenaw/Wayne going heavy Biden will carry it IMO.

Macomb has shifted a little since. It used to be slightly blue. Then Detroit had its resurgence and the younger, less red/racist people moved downtown or out, and the ones that were still scared of the city stayed out there and got more insular. There's a huge shift so that Macomb is like 60 percent red now in the last couple of elections.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Hey everyone! Get a big cup of water and chug it right now!

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

DynamicSloth posted:

DO NOT look upon the needle, it will deceive you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBdxN2oy8xM
best song on Mindcrime imo

Don't eeeever trust, ever trust the needle, it lies

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Minnesota's in the bag for Biden

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

E. Revenant posted:

Ossoff may gain some votes with the Fulton/ Dekalb votes. Not likely enough to win VS Perdue probably. But if we think Biden has a chance at winning with the outstanding Atlanta area vote, we might be able to lump Ossoff in there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

LegendaryFrog posted:

I read this post out loud to my 19 year old daughter and she giggled relentlessly.