Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Simplex posted:

I think a low-key story right now is that the polls seem to be as wildly far off as people imagine the 2016 polls were. Either we are going to see some pretty crazy swings the rest of the night and tomorrow, or I'm not sure what.

People were also saying if the polls were as wrong as they were in 2016 that Biden would still win and that's looking increasingly likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Cabbit posted:

I mean given the nature of how hosed up and staggered the vote counts are crazy swings are definitely possible.

Yeah I think the margins in the midwest are going to move closer to the polling averages with mail-ins included.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Simplex posted:

I think a low-key story right now is that the polls seem to be as wildly far off as people imagine the 2016 polls were.
Yeah turns out you now need to add a 15-25 point buffer for "Is cryptonazi/racist and embarrassed to say" because GOD loving DAMMIT do a lot of people in the country suck major dick.

Also gently caress the Hispanic men that went +3 for Trump or whatever loving vendido shits.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

My quick math says that they're be around 4 points off instead of 3 if things continue as they are in the Midwest, and generally 2-3 otherwise.

Late vote totals just scared half the thread early on even though they were warned.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?
NBC crew is getting tired. There is some openly passive-aggressive snipping going on between Chuck Todd and the lady newscaster (sorry, forgot her name).

Geshtal fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Nov 4, 2020

Deflategate Retrospective
Jul 22, 2002
never imagined it being this close

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Geshtal posted:

MSNBC crew is getting tired. There is some openly passive-aggressive snipping going on between Chuck Todd and the lady newscaster (sorry, forgot her name).

Any anecdotes?

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Common your orange loving coward speak.

I want to know if its safe to go outside tomorrow.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Fox News still interrogating the decision desk about the AZ call, Trump campaign is REALLY mad about it but the nerds are holding their ground

Saying that their call has a 1 in 1200 chance of being false (or p=.00083, I guess)

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Geshtal posted:

MSNBC crew is getting tired. There is some openly passive-aggressive snipping going on between Chuck Todd and the lady newscaster (sorry, forgot her name).

I get the feeling Chuck Todd really grates on these guys’ nerves. He’s excitable and they just look loving done lol

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Deflategate Retrospective posted:

Right? I mean.... loving what the loving gently caress

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

Appoda posted:

Any anecdotes?

Just a lot of talking over each other and a touch of mansplaining from Chuck to the younger lady, and teasing(?) Andrea. Lester is interrupting now and again to play the grownup in the room.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Roger Explosion posted:

I want to record this somewhere because I sure as hell aint posting poo poo on social media BUT I called it four years ago, and I'm calling it now: Trump will win.

Rust states and marginals will go red by slim percentages, riots will happen in the streets, cities will burn, Trump's toothy maw will open and sing songs of pitch and pestilence.
Lookin' good for my page 9 prediction!

:suicide:

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Where's the hope for GA coming from? Is there a wait on postal ballots etc there too?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Fox pundits getting real nervous since their nerd is saying that Biden holds the advantage in WI and MI and that several states will not be called tonight

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1323873319750283265

PTizzle posted:

Where's the hope for GA coming from? Is there a wait on postal ballots etc there too?

The early vote in Atlanta is basically uncounted and its all that left, it has a good chance of having enough of a margin for Biden to pull it off. There are like 5 million people in the Atlanta area

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I want to take a shower and go to bed but I really want to see Trump make an announcement because that would make me laugh and I need a laugh

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Geshtal posted:

Chuck Todd has been sequestered on Broadcast NBC, the MSNBC crew is Brian Williams, Rachel Maddow, Nicolle Wallace, Joy Reid and Steve Kornacki. I don't think I've seen Todd all night and I've had one eye on MSNBC and one eye on the forums.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

PTizzle posted:

all the outstanding votes left are in the atlanta metro

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Are the polls actually that far off? Or is it because we are all now voting on sketch AF electronic voting machines by companies CEO's who have testified in-front of congress stating that the source codes on said machines could be manipulated in such a way to make results look legitimate while not actually being legitimate?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PTizzle posted:

My understanding is "Atlanta isn't remotely close to finished yet."

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Everyone was telling us for weeks that this would be a crazy night and because of mail in votes we wouldn't know anything solid for days to weeks. The biggest hope of not dealing with that was a Biden win in Florida which we didn't get. Biden looks poised to win and Trump's best shot is going to be taking things to court but I think we're ok.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

Roger Explosion posted:

Lookin' good for my page 9 prediction!

:suicide:

Nope! Trump's in deep now. Short of getting the court to call it over in his favor, he doesn't have a realistic path to win on the votes.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

Zotix posted:

Are the polls actually that far off? Or is it because we are all now voting on sketch AF electronic voting machines by companies CEO's who have testified in-front of congress stating that the source codes on said machines could be manipulated in such a way to make results look legitimate while not actually being legitimate?
Right now it looks like the polls were as bad as 2016 (about 5 points off), but Biden had slightly more of a lead than Clinton did, and she only lost by a razor thin margin.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I think a waterpipe or something burst in the building they were counting the Atlanta votes, delaying even getting started on those by several hours.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Zotix posted:

Florida is on paper ballots still and they missed badly on the polls with no spooky action except not counting Cubans at all in their model unless your talking about the scanners?

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

Chuck Todd has been sequestered on Broadcast NBC, the MSNBC crew is Brian Williams, Rachel Maddow, Nicolle Wallace, Joy Reid and Steve Kornacki. I don't think I've seen Todd all night and I've had one eye on MSNBC and one eye on the forums.

Thanks, corrected.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

PTizzle posted:

The needle (PBUH) is calling it a tossup.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...ine_menu_recirc

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Oh gently caress it I think going to sleep because it's clear dipshit isn't going to say anything no want to hear.

Here's to hoping there's good news in the AM

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Geshtal posted:

Thanks, corrected.

You had me worried/excited that I'd somehow become capable of mentally erasing Chuck Todd from my perception of reality and I'm now immensely disappointed that that's not the case.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Randarkman posted:

I think a waterpipe or something burst in the building they were counting the Atlanta votes, delaying even getting started on those by several hours.

Yep, though they quickly clarified that none of the ballots themselves were harmed, thank god.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Deflategate Retrospective posted:

Both Nates DID tell us that the difference between a Biden Landslide and a Biden Squeeker was razor thin. We just never imagined it'd not only be THIS true, but also dragged out THIS bad, even though our brains told us it would.

If Georgia flips after everything else we've been though tonight, I'd still call this huge though. Winning back the blue wall plus AZ AND GA is a pretty clear message. Just not the earth-shattering one we hoped for.

What I'm really worried about now is the Senate, and how the BEST hope seems to be 50/50. That'll make life really hard.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Youth Decay posted:

Fox News still interrogating the decision desk about the AZ call, Trump campaign is REALLY mad about it but the nerds are holding their ground

Saying that their call has a 1 in 1200 chance of being false (or p=.00083, I guess)

I've said this before but I just do not see how the county map gives Trump a path to winning it. Most of the counties are hovering around 75-80% reporting, including Maricopa which is a big Dem stronghold and Pime which is smaller but similar. Unless the remaining votes in these two counties are way, way higher for Trump than the votes already counted there he's got no reserves he can draw on.

I think Fox are completely right to call AZ for Biden and stick to it.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

You had me worried/excited that I'd somehow become capable of mentally erasing Chuck Todd from my perception of reality and I'm now immensely disappointed that that's not the case.

If only you could learn to harness these powers for good rather than evil! (Ahhhh, it's been a long night and I'm getting punch-tired, but I feel I can soon sleep soundly that this one is all but settled for the Democrats.)

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Did not think I'd see such a huge Biden shift in the Western states (West of TX at least) relative to the rest of the country, across demographics.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Okay, so how were things looking at THIS point of the night in 2016?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
MI and WI are looking strong for trump and they have quite a bit counter (61% and 77%). That's worrying

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

My understanding is "Atlanta isn't remotely close to finished yet."

fulton county is mostly reported in, as is cobb. gwinnett is nearly entirely reported. the big pool of uncounted votes so far is dekalb, which is going to be a big stack of blue votes. the question is how much

i don't think it's going to be enough to tip the state to biden but it's close enough to give the trump people ulcers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

Okay, so how were things looking at THIS point of the night in 2016?

Pretty similar, lots of "It'll shift once more votes come in." The difference being largely that in this case the early voting stuff has a lot more potential to shift things.