Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
It's going to come down to PA absentees isn't it.... It's going to go to the umpires in the court isn't it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmJi_oc7t10&t=63s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Lizard Combatant posted:

So which is the most toilet state?

As a non-American looking at results I'd say it's Wyoming, but they only have 3 votes so I'm assuming gently caress all people live there? Is it South Carolina?

Define toilet state.

But Florida. It’s Florida.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Roger Explosion posted:

Florida. It's even shaped like an organ that expels piss.

Fair enough, but I figured it being a "swing" state meant it was at least a land of contrasts.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Republicans posted:

We would absolutely deserve this.
Impossible since Biden won NE-02.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Starsfan posted:

i don't want to recommend anyone look at the needle, but the NC needle is also sneaking back towards the middle :D

Yeah, 80% is a long shot, but possible. We only need one of them to make it a fairly safe race.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Republicans posted:

We would absolutely deserve this.

Biden won Nebraska 2, so no chance of a tie

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Youth Decay posted:

It is right that Biden getting a clear victory in MN is a good sign of his chances in WI/MI.

True, and the demographics Biden gained over Hillary in Florida and Ohio, while not enough to swing those two states, translate very well to Pennsylvania (or at least Chuck thinks so). Georgia, eh, if any other the remaining states are looking tight, that's the one that will likely still go Trump. (Well, that and North Carolina which is technically uncalled, but c'mon man.)

If anyone still awake is still worrying about the Presidency, take a breath. Relax. Trump can realistically only win this in the court, if he can even get it there. Time to look at the down-ballot races. Looks like my state of Illinois failed to pass a progressive tax that's to dumbass downstate voters that will now see their taxes go up because we have to under the existing flat tax to cover the budget shortfall. Disappointing, but hardly surprising.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lizard Combatant posted:

So which is the most toilet state?

As a non-American looking at results I'd say it's Wyoming, but they only have 3 votes so I'm assuming gently caress all people live there? Is it South Carolina?

by the numbers, it's mississippi

historically, it's south carolina

you can't go wrong with any of the less well known southern states or a lot of the empty middle states like idaho, montana, wyoming, or nebraska

yes, less than a million people live in wyoming

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Lizard Combatant posted:

Fair enough, but I figured it being a "swing" state meant it was at least a land of contrasts.

florida isn't a swing state. it's a red state that votes for good state laws because of its demographic makeup being nothing like anywhere else in the nation

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Cable Guy posted:

It's going to come down to PA absentees isn't it.... It's going to go to the umpires in the court isn't it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmJi_oc7t10&t=63s

I don't think so. I think it comes down to Mi and WI.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Closing the gap in GA

https://twitter.com/nate_cohn/status/1323878703370244098?s=21

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Roger Explosion posted:

I don't think I can take Trump ranting about a stolen election.

I can promise you that no matter who wins this election, you will be hearing him rant about it being stolen. He always goes on about how 2016 was a rigged election, and he won that one. Why would winning this one be any different?

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Zotix posted:

Are the polls actually that far off? Or is it because we are all now voting on sketch AF electronic voting machines by companies CEO's who have testified in-front of congress stating that the source codes on said machines could be manipulated in such a way to make results look legitimate while not actually being legitimate?

The two that really stand out to me are Iowa and Florida. A cursory glance at exit polls is largely in lien with the results so far, but the results are way far off from pre-election polls. In Florida the south Florida results are loving weird as Biden is doing more or less the same as Clinton, while Trump has gained 200,000 votes from 2016.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

spouse posted:

I am especially not looking forward to them blaming Bernie and Bernie voters
From what I'm seeing, the new scapegoat apparently is latino men. Because 'blame the voter' is always such a good strategy

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
yeah MSNBC is painting a good picture for Biden in GA

If my state helps seal this for Biden I'll be so happy

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AllisonPapson/status/796249409600294912

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

I don't see how Biden can come back from his -400,000 deficit in Michigan. Wisconsin also looking likely trump from what I read here..

I think it's over folks

Same way that Trump had a big lead in VA for a bit, then the cities reported and he suddenly did not.

Biden is very likely to win MI.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol god dammit I have to go to bed in an hour. I don't see how I'm gonna sleep.

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
So assuming Biden wins Nevada and gets all 4 Maine electoral votes. That leaves Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Georgia in play. Biden would just need to win 2 of the 4, while trump would need to win 3 of the 4.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

At this point, I feel like GA is a safer bet than Florida. Luckily, we only need 2 of GA, PA, MI, WI.

Sojourn
Mar 28, 2005

isaboo posted:

I live in AZ. My vote actually mattered for once.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

luxury handset posted:

fulton county is mostly reported in, as is cobb. gwinnett is nearly entirely reported. the big pool of uncounted votes so far is dekalb, which is going to be a big stack of blue votes. the question is how much

i don't think it's going to be enough to tip the state to biden but it's close enough to give the trump people ulcers

I want to believe! But it'll be so close the rat fuckers in Georgia could pull some poo poo to manipulate votes to tip to Trump. Just like they did for Kemp.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

isaboo posted:

The real trick would be if could somehow pull Ossoff over the line, but Ossoff is running slightly behind Biden due to people voting Biden and skipping the senate race

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is trump giving a speech tonight or is he hiding like the weak bitch he is?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

KillHour posted:

LOL, Nate's baby has no loving idea what to do with this map.

I want to kick Nate's little nerd fox avatar right in it's stupid little face. Not for anything that's happened tonight, just on principle.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I remember that by around this moment in 2016 some of the more untethered Clinton hardliners were calling for a heroic crusade to convince electoral college members to give the presidency to Hillary anyways.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

NBC says he's coming out any minute now

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

I remember that by around this moment in 2016 some of the more untethered Clinton hardliners were calling for a heroic crusade to convince electoral college members to give the presidency to Hillary anyways.

At this point in 2016, the race was over.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
The fact that it's even this close after the last four years, and especially the last seven months.

Lmao.

What an absolute failed country.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?
Yeah, tonight the Trump team must be feeling what the Clinton team felt two hours and four years ago.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

berserker posted:

NBC says he's coming out any minute now

CNN is showing live video. I don't want to listen to him bloviate.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
What kind of shape do you think Trump is in? We heard him pretty doped down this morning

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

TRUMP EXPECTED TO SPEAK SOON.

MSNBC

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Geshtal posted:

Yeah, tonight the Trump team must be feeling what the Clinton team felt two hours and four years ago.

Not even close, they are at least in with a chance.

Deflategate Retrospective
Jul 22, 2002

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

staying up to hear what outrageous poo poo this dumbfuck is going to say

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

"Will he give us something more restrained and thought through?" - a CNN anchor
"I don't think we have to guess" - another CNN anchor

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

spunkshui posted:

TRUMP EXPECTED TO SPEAK SOON.

MSNBC

They dropped the chyron to get a look at the crowd and it's all old people tightly packed together and no masks. It's Super Spreader time, baby!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How do these results match up with Biden’s 8 pt National lead? Were the polls bullshit AGAIN?

Deflategate Retrospective
Jul 22, 2002
cnn literally debating whether the leader of the free world can behave and constrain himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Five bucks Trump comes out and declares the election over and that he's the winner. Says that no more votes should be counted because "the clock has ticked" and that "people don't want to wait".