Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Covok posted:

We love in interesting times.

We love you too, Covok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

nine-gear crow posted:

I legitimately don't know, doubly so because she jumped the rails and hit me for a random post in this thread when most of her other probes were in the Poliwonk thread.

Sometimes mods and IKs just randomly melt down in times of stress, and a night like this would certainly be one hell of an AZ-5 button. I sincerely hope she's okay though.

Read AZ-5 and started wondering what a congressional district had to do with buttons before I thought about it for a few seconds.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Covok posted:

We love in interesting times.
welcome back from your sixer that you got for correctly predicting the election results

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

cheetah7071 posted:

at that point we're so far outside the realm of the law that it might as well be calvinball with completely made up rules, so who knows

i mean, what is law really?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Abisteen posted:

Read AZ-5 and started wondering what a congressional district had to do with buttons before I thought about it for a few seconds.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/aacfb572414ce37534cfc7d426b6272e/tumblr_psk041trB71y8ap82o1_400.gifv

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
COMPUTER, END SIMULATION

sorry y'all. it didn't work :(

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

isaboo posted:

COMPUTER, END SIMULATION

It did. In the real world, this is the election for Trump's 5th term.

Sorry to inform you.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

So are the historic numbers of mail-in ballots ust being tossed in the garbage or what?

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Bussamove posted:

While I’m glad that Washington has gone blue like it has in every election since I was born, it does make it all the more nail-biting to be staring across the country going come the gently caress on Georgia.
Super happy to see Minnesota blue, maintaining it's "Democrat since Nixon" record.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

So are the historic numbers of mail-in ballots ust being tossed in the garbage or what?

No? They're still being counted.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Did I see a dead Republican got elected?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bowmore posted:

God dammit, I already made the "America is Spira" joke like 2 hours ago.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
cuomo dropped another brotha on don lemon and if looks could kill cuomo would be slim jims right now

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Jennifer Medina, in Phoenix 1m ago posted:

In Arizona, where the majority of voters have long cast ballots by mail, officials expect to finish counting ballots on Wednesday.

fuuuuu....

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019
I was pretty upbeat about an hour ago but mi, wi, and pa just look like ohio, the mail in ballots being delayed allowing for some time to cope.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

isaboo posted:

COMPUTER, END SIMULATION

You would just wake up in a world where someone had purposefully constructed Trump and our present reality.

That would probably be even worse than staying here. Take the blue pill.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

bowmore posted:

Died of COVID no less.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

lurker2006 posted:

I was pretty upbeat about an hour ago but mi, wi, and pa just look like ohio, the mail in ballots being delayed allowing for some time to cope.

Yeah, I feel the say way. Trump will provide swep the three and take the election.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Covok posted:

Yeah, I feel the say way. Trump will provide swep the three and take the election.

genuinely wonder how you make it through the day every day you wake up

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
for what its worth i feel the same way as covok and i was gleefully predicting an electoral bloodbath 12 hours ago

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm 90% sure Covok is an emotional vampire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHy5YROllws

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Bottom Liner posted:

It's pretty easy. It's just seeing the writing on the wall. We all felt the momentum die about an hour ago. These numbers are not good.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1323905441747800066?s=19

Nevada is gonna be a squeaker.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Covok posted:

It's pretty easy. It's just seeing the writing on the wall. We all felt the momentum die about an hour ago. These numbers are not good.

:psyduck: things looked bad at 9pm and have been steadily getting better since

Covok
May 27, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

:psyduck: things looked bad at 9pm and have been steadily getting better since

And now they're getting worse. Insurmountable leads in key areas.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

What numbers are so grim? Aren’t the number of uncounted absentee ballots greater than Trump’s lead in MI, WI, and PA?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Senate looks bad. NYT says 6 seats are still in play and currently it seems like GOP could hold the majority.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Burt Buckle posted:

What numbers are so grim? Arent the number of uncounted absentee ballots greater than Trumps lead in MI, WI, and PA?

WI is likely going Trump, he has a monster lead in MI and PA as well. Not sure mail-ins can overcome that tbh

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019
The take away from this is once again you just can't expect to win an election with a candidate with negative charisma. Biden 5 years ago with some machismo still in his veins probably wins comfortably, Biden the cringe inducingly infirm 77 year old? Just not going to get non partisans to break your way.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Covok posted:

People were saying the mail in ballots still have to be counted when mi/wi/pa were at like 20% now we’re up to 82%/71%/74% and people are still coping with the same line. Trump has a big lead in the first two and a massive one in PA. They should finish counting every ballot of course but the outcome is already clear.

Covok
May 27, 2013

They're probably going to call it by morning.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
CBS said they were letting local stations switch over to local coverage.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Trump is 677,000 votes ahead with 74% reporting in PA

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

lurker2006 posted:

The take away from this is once again you just can't expect to win an election with a candidate with negative charisma. Biden 5 years ago with some machismo still in his veins probably wins comfortably, Biden the cringe inducingly infirm 77 year old? Just not going to get non partisans to break your way.

Also maybe don’t run a guy who yells at you to go vote for trump when you criticize him. The whole hostage-taking approach for democrats seems to have run its course if Biden’s done.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

lurker2006 posted:

look it's very important that we not take anything away from this election. like all democratic losses, this is just a fluke - a gust of wind and it could have gone the other way - and the democratic leadership absolutely needs to stay the course and keep doing the same things which are bound to work eventually

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
It still boggles my mind that presenters covering the US election even feel the need to impress upon people that you need to count votes to determine an election.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

People were saying the mail in ballots still have to be counted when mi/wi/pa were at like 20% now we’re up to 82%/71%/74% and people are still coping with the same line. Trump has a big lead in the first two and a massive one in PA. They should finish counting every ballot of course but the outcome is already clear.

Because they literally have not been counted yet. Again, that doesn't mean BIden will win, but there is a reason nobody has called those states yet.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

In 15 minutes, big WI drop coming in so wait to panic until then.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

lurker2006 posted:

Too bad the DNC went with Intelligence as the dump stat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

Trump is 677,000 votes ahead with 74% reporting in PA

1.1m registered voters just in Philly.