Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Dad Jokes posted:

Waking up to a very likely GOP senate and just feeling absolutely dead at the prospect of having to deal with loving Mitchell McConnell's smug face for even longer

How long is this old gently caress going to have a stranglehold on the country

I’m hopeful he rides out on the third wave of COVID-19 infections he and his buddies have facilitated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i was only asleep for a couple of hours, but the mood seems to be radically different than last night. biden looks like he's going to handily win afterall?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/jakesherman/status/1323965801834184704?s=21

The only thing that stops this from being a complete disaster is if Biden can pull it out

Dems underperformed on a favorable Senate map and lost House seats that they should not have

Rose loving sucked, y’all can take him honestly.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Almost Smart posted:

I’m hopeful he rides out on the third wave of COVID-19 infections he and his buddies have facilitated.

Third wave? You mean the first wave, right?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

i was only asleep for a couple of hours, but the mood seems to be radically different than last night. biden looks like he's going to handily win afterall?

Michigan looks promising to me, Pennsylvania I'm really not so sure and wouldn't put any money on.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Mr Interweb posted:

"handily" is relative when the election is referendum on authoritarianism, but sure.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

Yeah, but with a red senate. :(

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

nate fisher posted:

If Biden does win, chances that Trump skips the inauguration? Has any incumbent President ever skipped one?

I'm guessing there will be a face saving quiet inauguration where they explain away Trump's absence as the need to have a quiet private handover due to COVID.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Jeeeeeeesus Christ. I just watched Trump's speech from last night. I know we've been speculating that he'd sue to stop the mail in ballots from being counted if he was ahead on election day, but goddamn he just said it out loud. And he wants the count to continue in Arizona, because he's trailing. Like holy poo poo.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

th3t00t posted:

Jeeeeeeesus Christ. I just watched Trump's speech from last night. I know we've been speculating that he'd sue to stop the mail in ballots from being counted if he was ahead on election day, but goddamn he just said it out loud. And he wants the count to continue in Arizona, because he's trailing. Like holy poo poo.

***waves hand at all the things Trump has said he would do then never did***

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

wilderthanmild posted:

Yeah, but with a red senate. :(

Watching McConnell smugly block all relief and tie the economy into a noose to hang Joe Biden with is going to be particularly depressing.

Rilfin
Mar 16, 2005
Michigan just flipped.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Biden just overtook Trump in MI.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Is there speculation that COVID affected the outcome of this election in some capacity? I thought COVID harmed Trump's senior base, but that seems like that didn't happen at all.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Rilfin posted:

Michigan just flipped.

Yay?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

LeeMajors posted:

Watching McConnell smugly block all relief and tie the economy into a noose to hang Joe Biden with is going to be particularly depressing.

the stock market has been made of bullshit and fairy tales since 2008 (or earlier, really) and it's all going to fall the gently caress apart under biden and he and the democrats will take 100% of the blame (and deserve at least 50% of it, to be fair)

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

CmdrRiker posted:

Is there speculation that COVID affected the outcome of this election in some capacity? I thought COVID harmed Trump's senior base, but that seems like that didn't happen at all.

It prevented Trump from cruising to a huge blowout.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
MI is Blue for now! HAPPENING!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

LeeMajors posted:

There's literally nothing stopping Biden from using an executive order to give people emergency relief beyond 'decorum'.

Which is to say he'd never do it.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Quinton posted:

All of MI, PA, GA still have votes to count and could tip blue (MI seems almost a certainty) -- any one of them is sufficient for a win provided he hangs on to NV, AZ, and WI.

As of 9:02 MI has now tipped to Biden according to CNN's count. He's only got a 1000 vote lead but Wayne county is only at 70% reporting.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Biden just overtook Trump in MI.

Ok they can stop counting now Trump is right.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...election_recirc

Jesus this is not a dream.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Rilfin posted:

Michigan just flipped.

Now Ga and Pa please. Just to be sure shitstain gets the message.

namelesstwo
May 7, 2007
the uber joker

Mulva posted:

There's literally nothing stopping Biden from using an executive order to give people emergency relief beyond 'decorum'.

Which is to say he'd never do it.

Agreed just do the same poo poo trump did with the stupid wall.declare an emergency and take dollars from defense and deliver stimulus to Americans.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

CmdrRiker posted:

If there hadn't been a pandemic Trump would have been dunking Biden's head in a toilet by 9:01 pm EST last night.

namelesstwo posted:

Agreed just do the same poo poo trump did with the stupid wall.declare an emergency and take dollars from defense and deliver stimulus to Americans.

Joe Biden will never ever do something like this, let's not start with the fan fiction please.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Mr Interweb posted:

Nah it’ll be an embarrassing mess of a win and he might have a Republican Senate to deal with

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

270-268 outcome will be absolute chaos

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

With Michigan flipped, assuming each guy gets what they're projected, that puts him at 270 I think. Insane that it's this close lol.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Michigan didn't just flip for Biden.

https://twitter.com/SeanTrende/status/1323988997555838981

This is a huge get.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
American politics is just rotten from the inside out.

namelesstwo
May 7, 2007
the uber joker

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

270-268 outcome will be absolute chaos

Why? He’s gonna have at least a 0.5 lead in all these states.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Mat Cauthon posted:

If there hadn't been a pandemic Trump would have been dunking Biden's head in a toilet by 9:01 pm EST last night.

If he just appears to try and take it seriously or sends out checks again it would have been an easy win

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/jakesherman/status/1323965801834184704?s=21

The only thing that stops this from being a complete disaster is if Biden can pull it out

Dems underperformed on a favorable Senate map and lost House seats that they should not have
The chair of the DCCC eating poo poo is the best news for progressivism I've heard in quite a while.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Jeza posted:

American politics is just rotten from the inside out.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
So the BBC put some Trump and Biden voters in a group chat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54806089

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

namelesstwo posted:

let me tell you about faithless electors

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Mat Cauthon posted:

Joe Biden will never ever do something like this, let's not start with the fan fiction please.

biden ought to have his head dunked in a toilet anyway. hope he wins (and currently signs are encouraging) but gently caress him. it shouldn't be this close

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Murgos posted:

In math seeing a series of random numbers from 1 to 10 come up with the same number three or four times in a row is expected. In elections seeing a <30% come in and then a less then 10% be razor thin has no real predictive benefit for looking into the future.

"LOL well, it was a 1% chance and it happened" is useless.

Yep.

We make models to help us understand reality. The premise of the 538 model is that if you discount 'subjective' things like punditry, cherry-picking, etc. and only look at 'the hard data' you will get a much better sense of what's going on. That has not really been the case in the last two presidential elections, because 'the hard data' was wrong.

I don't need someone to tell me that if there is a polling error in Trump's favor, Biden's chances of winning are lower. I need someone to tell me if there's going to be a polling error. Maybe he should do that by looking at some data and seeing if there is any that suggests such a thing.

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 4, 2020

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

namelesstwo posted:

In a 6-3 decision....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Vigil for Virgil posted:

So the BBC put some Trump and Biden voters in a group chat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54806089

lmbo