Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Christ, these numbers are still hair's breadth close and even I would be demanding recounts if I were Trump, but......I think I might be starting to relax for the first time in twelve hours.

NO WAIT DON'T JINX IT I'M SORRY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Covok posted:

I heard murmors that WI will turn back Trump

From who?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

So where you guys at? Biden likely president with Republican Senate?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They also legalized weed and elected Mark Kelly so it might just be getting bluer overall

They can get baked while getting baked.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Covok posted:

before anybody bites on this look who posted it, save yourself the stress

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

i am very tired and hungover, but i do think figuring out how to essentially deprogram the 40% of our population which has willingly joined a cult and has an entirely irreconcilable and different worldview to the rest of us is... not easy.

like, people have talked about this in the qanon thread, but how in the gently caress do you even broach a conversation with someone who earnestly believes that democrats eat children to harvest their precious adenechrome? what is your shared frame of reference?

Reminder that white people vote against programs they like if they think a black person will benefit from it.

It's not as simple as just deal with material issues bing bang bong so simple.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Tatsuta Age posted:

progressives should run on "food clothes medicine cause hungry/naked/sick SUCKS"

:hai:

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

/conservative on reddit is calling gg

Seems like biden did it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Rea posted:

From who?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM76LtznNrc

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Tatsuta Age posted:

before anybody bites on this look who posted it, save yourself the stress

I'm not taking anything for granted. Someone being wracked by anxiety doesn't mean anything they post is invalid.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Covok posted:

https://twitter.com/benwikler/status/1323963606992605184

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

wilderthanmild posted:

I like that we got the election results where both sides feel they've been owned.

I'm a little late, but this thread moves fast. I want to say that I agree here, and that this. This is the 2020est outcome we could have gotten.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

here's an article that speaks about this small sliver of the electorate: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/14/us/politics/trump-macho-appeal.html

This article literally provides no evidence for your argument that young, Hispanic men are voting for Trump because they like that he talks down to women.

I think if you’re going to make those kinds of sweeping statements about a racial group, you should have much, much more than gut feeling to go on.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

democrats eat children to harvest their precious adenechrome? what is your shared frame of reference?

Well, it doesn't help that only the specifics are off. You had Clinton on Epstein's plane, what was he doing on it? Who knows. You end up having to start with "Yes, democrats are monsters, but..." and good luck with that being a compelling argument. Yes, pretty much everyone in power was connected to Epstein, but saying, "but Republicans also do adenechrome harvesting" only gets you to BSABSVR.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

skylined! posted:

Can anyone explain Arizona to me? Was it just that trump poo poo all over McCain?

AZ has been slightly shifting towards blue for years. Maricopa county is the most populous county in AZ and is filled with young people and POC. There was an article someone posted in USPOL a while back that I cant find that did a pretty deep dive into how AZ has changed over the past few years.

edit: found it, even though the headline has since been proved wrong for the rest of the country: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-09-03/u-s-election-have-the-republicans-lost-the-suburbs-arizona-county-suggests-so

How is the thread doing? I went to bed in despair, barely slept, and feel pretty similar this morning but gonna go to work to distract myself, and then read about getting involved in dual power organizing. I think Biden is gonna pull it out but holy poo poo 2022 seems really bad.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rea posted:

From who?

Reddit

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

perhaps:

a) kissing up to the GOP whilst giving the finger to progressives
b) going balls deep on nonstop covid hysteria and turning a virus into a morality play to own the bad orange man

are not the best campaign strategies to utilize. who knew?

Biden looks like he's probably going to win anyway, but goddamn...

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

Can someone please probate or ban this guy? Why is this poo poo tolerated in the thread?

Not even posting the source of this rumor. Gtfo

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Rea posted:

I'm not taking anything for granted. Someone being wracked by anxiety doesn't mean anything they post is invalid.

are you content now or what lol

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

i am very tired and hungover, but i do think figuring out how to essentially deprogram the 40% of our population which has willingly joined a cult and has an entirely irreconcilable and different worldview to the rest of us is... not easy.

like, people have talked about this in the qanon thread, but how in the gently caress do you even broach a conversation with someone who earnestly believes that democrats eat children to harvest their precious adenechrome? what is your shared frame of reference?

You don't. We don't need them and it's a mistake to think that anyone who has bought into Trumpism or Q or whatever should be welcomed back into the fold. The organizing needs to be focused on the marginalized people who managed to not fall down a thinly veiled white supremacist conspiracy theory hole or declare their allegiance to a bigot and all the violence he promises to enact.

Not saying that they should be exiled or sent to the gulag - they deserve a safe, comfortable existence just like everybody else. But the way you stop them is by breaking the back of their movement and preventing it from ever gaining power, influence, or even acceptance in society ever again and ruthlessly stomping anyone who even tries it. Then you can do the work of educating them and rehabilitating them into politics again.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

w00tmonger posted:

So where you guys at? Biden likely president with Republican Senate?

Unless ranked choice does some magic for Gideon, this looks likely.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You gotta be more specific. You're a outdoorsy and that's fine, but when you say "we're losing now" you have to post stubs kind of citation, "Reddit" doesn't cut it. You cutie even say "specific user x says wisconsin headed south because of Y" and that'd be fine, just put in a minimum amount of effort to back up what you're saying

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Tatsuta Age posted:

are you content now or what lol

No. I'm not content until the state is called, especially when the lead is this small.

jesucristo
May 6, 2005

Shirkelton posted:

This article literally provides no evidence for your argument that young, Hispanic men are voting for Trump because they like that he talks down to women.

I think if you’re going to make those kinds of sweeping statements about a racial group, you should have much, much more than gut feeling to go on.

Not to jump on the bandwagon on poor SevenHundredBee, but I loving hate how much the NYT is pumping up the all tidy little racist bullshit stories about "how (insert race here) voters think".

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

syntaxrigger posted:

I think protecting kids is probably a good shared frame of reference. There is a sex trade in the US but it isn't how they think. It is pre-teens and teens being kidnapped, abducted, brainwashed to run away from home to eventually get pimped out for some rear end in a top hat. Basically Epstein poo poo but a smaller scale. Shift their rage towards something that moves the needle on a real problem and there will be less crazy.

In reality a lot of sex trade victims are not white though, so most republicans wont really care. Especially the q-anon segment. In addition, the incredible fiction/narrative is what makes it interesting for them. They'll abandon reality for fantasy that lives up to their expectations in a heartbeat. That's fundamentally the whole point of the thing.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1323855371803545602?s=20

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

You gotta be more specific. You're a outdoorsy and that's fine, but when you say "we're losing now" you have to post stubs kind of citation, "Reddit" doesn't cut it. You cutie even say "specific user x says wisconsin headed south because of Y" and that'd be fine, just put in a minimum amount of effort to back up what you're saying

A reddit person on r/politicaldiscussion saying the remaining WI counties are Trump leaning. I haven't slept in two days (no really) cut me some slack.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Covok is the most thin-skinned D&D poster imaginable and they still got closer to the mark than any Rose Emoji or Psuedo-political Psuedo-scientist in this forum over the past two years, dismissing them, frankly, should be punishable given how many times they’ve been probated for what ended up being completely legible predictions.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Covok posted:

A reddit person on r/politicaldiscussion saying the remaining WI counties are Trump leaning. I haven't slept in two days (no really) cut me some slack.

You should get some sleep dude

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Looking forward to MS adopting Ranked Choice voting in another 100 years :v:

Seriously though that's a great victory.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Covok posted:

Either get some sleep or just stick to Reddit, we don’t need updates here on rumours started by nobodies on Reddit jfc

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Hey cool, Arizona didn't evaporate overnight. My stress level has significantly dropped.

A tie in the senate is still theoretically possible, yeah?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Iron Lung posted:

You should get some sleep dude

I can't. I am at work. I have an office job. Today I am just sorting papers. I have had bad sleep all of last week due to anxiety. Woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep Monday night. Up till 5am laat night. I am just hoping I sleep tonight.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Cabbit posted:

Hey cool, Arizona didn't evaporate overnight. My stress level has significantly dropped.

Georgia will absolutely send two R to the senate, so get this hope out of your mind, friend

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

skylined! posted:

Can anyone explain Arizona to me? Was it just that trump poo poo all over McCain?

Fairly rapid shift in constituencies from people moving into Arizona.

quote:

One of the heartlands of the modern Republican Party, Arizona has remained stubbornly out of reach for Democratic presidential candidates this century, giving them 44 to 45 percent of the vote.

One in 4 voters are non-White, an electorate that’s heavily Democratic here, and a slim majority of voters were college graduates, according to the 2016 exit polls. Every other state with that profile, every other state with rapid urban growth, has been moving briskly toward Democrats since 2016.

By nominating Arizona’s senior senator for president in 2008, and by picking the first-ever Mormon nominee in 2012, Republicans ran stronger here than in other states with similar Latino populations and similar urban-rural splits. Arizona went for Trump by a margin of about 3.5 points, contributing 11 electoral college votes to his total.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/interactive/2020/exit-polls/arizona-exit-polls/

It was probably not due to Cindy McCain's endorsement of Biden, although that certainly didn't help Trump.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Covok posted:

The last 2 big batches of votes (which are now reported) came from two blue cities that are in red counties.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Covok posted:

Well this is wrong because Kenosha is historically a blue leaning county. They voted for Trump in 2016 but it's currently considered a "swing" county.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cabbit posted:

Longshot but looks like Maine is going ranked choice and a runoff in Georgia.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Angry_Ed posted:

Looking forward to MS adopting Ranked Choice voting in another 100 years :v:

Seriously though that's a great victory.

lol even ma rejected ranked choice on this year's ballot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Covok posted:

I can't. I am at work. I have an office job. Today I am just sorting papers. I have had bad sleep all of last week due to anxiety. Woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep Monday night. Up till 5am laat night. I am just hoping I sleep tonight.

Hoping you can get some good sleep tonight. :(

It'll be over soon, and it, at present moment, seems like we've averted disaster.