Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Specifically it was Kenosha and Green Bay that were still holding out but are now reported.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

The last 2 big batches of votes (which are now reported) came from two blue cities that are in red counties.

Oh okay. That makes sense then. Explains the rumour.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

berserker posted:

Well this is wrong because Kenosha is historically a blue leaning county. They voted for Trump in 2016 but it's currently considered a "swing" county.

To be fair Kenosha county was probably red before because a lot of the city of Kenosha wasn’t in that count.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Rea posted:

seems like we've averted disaster.

‘Clawed back from total defeat’.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Covok posted:

I can't. I am at work. I have an office job. Today I am just sorting papers. I have had bad sleep all of last week due to anxiety. Woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep Monday night. Up till 5am laat night. I am just hoping I sleep tonight.

Man, do I know that feeling.

Kale
May 14, 2010

loving :lol: a guy on Reddit said it you guys!!!! It must be true!!!!!

Oh it's Covok.......I'm not the type to pick on a poster by name and don't mean to even approach that level of commentary but come on man seriously? If you're that much of a bundle of nerves for your own mental health seriously don't go to places like Reddit for takes where people literally just say poo poo and post memes they want to post in droves. I might not even suggest some threads here if your firmly in that category

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 4, 2020

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jigsaw posted:

lol even ma rejected ranked choice on this year's ballot

I know, I was there, hence my joke about the incredibly slow changes to electoral systems in this country :(

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Angry_Ed posted:

Looking forward to MS adopting Ranked Choice voting in another 100 years :v:

Seriously though that's a great victory.

There’s still a county named after the fucker who enacted the law.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Kale posted:

Oh it's Covok.......I'm not the type to pick on a poster by name but come on man seriously?

Lay off, dude. Covok is right to be anxious when so much is riding on this election, and things are as neck-and-neck as they are right now.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Push El Burrito posted:

Longshot but looks like Maine is going ranked choice and a runoff in Georgia.

Nice.

Tatsuta Age posted:

Georgia will absolutely send two R to the senate, so get this hope out of your mind, friend

Nah. Optimism is much less tiresome than the alternative.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kale posted:

Oh it's Covok.......I'm not the type to pick on a poster by name but come on man seriously?

Give him a break right now. We are all absurdly on edge and lord knows he isn't the only person whose anxiety is eating their face.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Angry_Ed posted:

I know, I was there. :(

me too. I'm always amazed at how every county in the state goes heavily blue but this poo poo still happens (and somehow we get a republican governor)

at least question 1 passed, though it definitely didn't matter as much as ranked choice

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Right now it looks like Biden has 270 on the nose with MI and WI, with a shot still in GA and PA (and I guess NC if a lot of absentees still float in).

One or two Georgia senate seats will be going to runoff in January, and that very well could decide the chamber.

All in all this is a whole lot better than last night.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Kale posted:

I guarantee they had a better read on this election than you did a week ago.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
There’s an outside chance Biden wins all remaining states save NC m, gets over 300 EVs and over 70m votes and still doesn’t get the senate lol. This is horrible.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Let's face it, last night we were all Covok for a little while.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

meanwhile Mississippi legalized medical marijuana, popular voting, and dumped the confederacy from the state flag

loving Mississippi

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Covok has never posted anything of value or substance, why anyone hasn't put this absolute bed-wetting coward on ignore is only because you love feeling your own ulcers get bigger.

I feel confident that we will get a hamstrung president Biden that disappoints every single person and Trump will win again in 2024 once he's had his brain inserted into Jr's skull. The boy was only bred to be a host anyway.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

skylined! posted:

There’s an outside chance Biden wins all remaining states save NC m, gets over 300 EVs and over 70m votes and still doesn’t get the senate lol. This is horrible.

Disaster; averted.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Right now it looks like Biden has 270 on the nose with MI and WI, with a shot still in GA and PA (and I guess NC if a lot of absentees still float in).

One or two Georgia senate seats will be going to runoff in January, and that very well could decide the chamber.

All in all this is a whole lot better than last night.

Ossoff v Perdue will be decided today or tomorrow barring a recount. It is not going to a runoff. Warnock v Loeffler is definitely going to a runoff in Jan.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Sorry to harp on this, I'm seeing conflicting reports on Gary Peters either barely winning or barely losing the MI Senate Race. What are you guys seeing?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I have hope for GA’s senate elections in January because Trump is going to have a nuclear sized meltdown over the next 2 months.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
The Democratic party is a total waste and needs to be destroyed

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jigsaw posted:

me too. I'm always amazed at how every county in the state goes heavily blue but this poo poo still happens (and somehow we get a republican governor)

at least prop 1 passed

My hometown consistently votes red cause it's a bunch of stupid assholes, and now I live in the district that can't elect anyone more left than Seth Moulton :barf:

Massachusetts is decorum-poisoned.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

scratch unpleasant posted:

I feel confident that we will get a hamstrung president Biden that disappoints every single person and Trump will win again in 2024 once he's had his brain inserted into Jr's skull. The boy was only bred to be a host anyway.

it won't be jr, it will be his very large tall adult son barron

Angry_Ed posted:

My hometown consistently votes red cause it's a bunch of stupid assholes, and now I live in the district that can't elect anyone more left than Seth Moulton :barf:

Massachusetts is decorum-poisoned.

yep. I was happily surprised when markey won the primary, though—really thought kennedy had a chance of pulling that off based on the name recognition alone

(and that markey won the senate again, but that was expected at that point)

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

you know, plenty of people over the years have criticized the chuds over the years for "voting against their self-interest" (including myself), but i think an uncomfortable truth we may need to hear is that, they are in fact, voting IN their self-interest. trump owning the libs, is as important to them as is keeping their health insurance. yes, MAYBE they will get to a point where their material conditions get bad enough that they will vote democrat, but trump being the personification of the conservative id is enough to make them support him, regardless of the damage he may do to them.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FistEnergy posted:

The Democratic party is a total waste and needs to be destroyed

I'm sure the Republicans totally won't stomp out any party that tries to replace them in this scenario of yours

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Any updates from MI? NYT has had Wayne county at 70% counted for a while now.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Rea posted:

Lay off, dude. Covok is right to be anxious when so much is riding on this election, and things are as neck-and-neck as they are right now.

It's the going to Reddit and taking some random conservative shitposter's word for granted when your anxious thing that seems counterproductive to me basically

Shirkelton posted:

I guarantee they had a better read on this election than you did a week ago.

No cause I figured the polls would be off by a lot and we'd be in a close scenario that wouldn't be decided on election night or even the next morning and that at best we'd be waiting on a Blue Shift from mail-in and absentee ballots, which is why I chose to go to bed and I didn't need to read Reddit memes to figure that out.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

hunnert car pileup posted:

meanwhile Mississippi legalized medical marijuana, popular voting, and dumped the confederacy from the state flag

loving Mississippi

Yet voted into the senate a trumpista howler monkey who didn’t even campaign over a black veteran with decades of experience in state and federal government

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324004491612618752 malding baby is up

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Push El Burrito posted:

Let's face it, last night we were all Covok for a little while.

Hey, speak for yourself. Though I guess I did have the benefit of anti-anxiety medication and weed. :v:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

I'm sure the Republicans totally won't stomp out any party that tries to replace them in this scenario of yours

I’ve got bad news for you about what is currently happening to the Democratic Party.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

skylined! posted:

Ossoff v Perdue will be decided today or tomorrow barring a recount. It is not going to a runoff. Warnock v Loeffler is definitely going to a runoff in Jan.

Perdue is up 50.8% to 46.9% with a lot of Atlanta vote still uncounted. It absolutely can go to a runoff.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Kale posted:

It's the going to Reddit and taking some random conservative shitposter's word for granted when your anxious thing that seems counterproductive to me basically

Anxiety makes you do irrational things. I don't think it's right to berate someone who's suffering from something that's incredibly hard to control.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Random twitter people think it’ll be open until this afternoon or tonight.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

They have to count several hundred thousand mail ballots

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Perdue is up 50.8% to 46.9% with a lot of Atlanta vote still uncounted. It absolutely can go to a runoff.

Whoever gets the most votes in that election wins. Only Isaacs seat requires a 50% majority to avoid a runoff.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jigsaw posted:

lol even ma rejected ranked choice on this year's ballot

Maine already has ranked choice, if Collins doesn't get 50 they look at second choices of nonviable candidates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program

Mr Interweb posted:

you know, plenty of people over the years have criticized the chuds over the years for "voting against their self-interest" (including myself), but i think an uncomfortable truth we may need to hear is that, they are in fact, voting IN their self-interest. trump owning the libs, is as important to them as is keeping their health insurance. yes, MAYBE they will get to a point where their material conditions get bad enough that they will vote democrat, but trump being the personification of the conservative id is enough to make them support him, regardless of the damage he may do to them.

Isn't that the definition of "voting against their interests"