Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

FistEnergy posted:

The Democratic party is a total waste and needs to be destroyed

:pray:

Jigsaw posted:

it won't be jr, it will be his very large tall adult son barron

yep. I was happily surprised when markey won the primary, though—really thought kennedy had a chance of pulling that off based on the name recognition alone

(and that markey won the senate again, but that was expected at that point)

this was my thirst thought; jrs too short for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Mr Interweb posted:

you know, plenty of people over the years have criticized the chuds over the years for "voting against their self-interest" (including myself), but i think an uncomfortable truth we may need to hear is that, they are in fact, voting IN their self-interest. trump owning the libs, is as important to them as is keeping their health insurance. yes, MAYBE they will get to a point where their material conditions get bad enough that they will vote democrat, but trump being the personification of the conservative id is enough to make them support him, regardless of the damage he may do to them.

their material conditions will never be more important to them than owning the libs. see the farmers whose livelihoods disappeared due to trump's tariffs and the people who were stuck on a vent with covid and recovered to say "it's a hoax vote trump"

it's not even gently caress you got mine anymore, it's just gently caress you

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Good morning thread. I had a horrific dream of a red california and now I wakeup to the blue wall being build to compete with Trump's rust wall

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
Between court challenges and recounts, this is going to drag on until December and we’re all going to lose our minds before Thanksgiving.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

ewiley posted:

Between court challenges and recounts, this is going to drag on until December and we’re all going to lose our minds before Thanksgiving.

of all the years, this is the 2020ist

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It is funny to think of all the right wing guys who went to bed content last night that they had won and waking up to this.

Not really useful, but funny

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Trump is awake and tweeting its suspicious he lost states over the night.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

you know, plenty of people over the years have criticized the chuds over the years for "voting against their self-interest" (including myself), but i think an uncomfortable truth we may need to hear is that, they are in fact, voting IN their self-interest. trump owning the libs, is as important to them as is keeping their health insurance. yes, MAYBE they will get to a point where their material conditions get bad enough that they will vote democrat, but trump being the personification of the conservative id is enough to make them support him, regardless of the damage he may do to them.

I honestly don't know how you beat that. I'd like to say "Positivity and strong promises" but honestly I genuinely don't know if that's enough. Spite is a powerful force. Even if you just focus on the vaguely leftleaning side there are plenty of people who are willing to pull the trigger and cheer on the Panther Eats My Face Party as long as it hurts someone vaguely to the left/right of them. It feels a bit like being otherizing and promising to hurt other people is the most effective thing you can do. I'd like to think Obama's run (even if he didn't live up to it at all) disproves that but that might just be a case of "you can run on any drat platform in the world as long as you have enough charisma."

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

ewiley posted:

I’m gonna ride this out by isolating myself at a remote, snowed-in hotel and writing a novel.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

spunkshui posted:

Trump is awake and tweeting its suspicious he lost states over the night.

as far as trump is concerned, the world ceases to be when he shuts his eyes. the idea that things could happen without him there to observe them is patently absurd!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Jigsaw posted:

their material conditions will never be more important to them than owning the libs

I guess we’ll never really know.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
If Biden loses PA and gets exactly 270, then we have to worry about faithless electors, or what happens if one of the 270 people chosen dies or is incapacitated, which is certainly possible because I heard there is some kind of bug going around.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

I honestly don't know how you beat that. I'd like to say "Positivity and strong promises" but honestly I genuinely don't know if that's enough. Spite is a powerful force. Even if you just focus on the vaguely leftleaning side there are plenty of people who are willing to pull the trigger and cheer on the Panther Eats My Face Party as long as it hurts someone vaguely to the left/right of them. It feels a bit like being otherizing and promising to hurt other people is the most effective thing you can do. I'd like to think Obama's run (even if he didn't live up to it at all) disproves that but that might just be a case of "you can run on any drat platform in the world as long as you have enough charisma."

To be fair we haven't tried running anyone on a "arrest the entire GOP and put them in Gitmo" plank :v:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

That's pretty tame.

He's at his core a lazy piece of poo poo as well as a coward so I wonder how much he'll even try to drag this out.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
What court challenges, the only possible one is the 3-day extension for receiving ballots in PA. It doesn’t matter, Biden has won Mi, WI, and probably PA. There are no other legal challenges Trump can make, he can’t say “invalidate the votes counted overnight” because it’s not his or the SC choice to make. The states do this routinely.

He can be a mad pissbaby but he’s not getting what he wants.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

skylined! posted:

Whoever gets the most votes in that election wins. Only Isaacs seat requires a 50% majority to avoid a runoff.

Wrong

https://www.ajc.com/politics/election/georgia-has-two-runoff-election-dates-after-the-general-election/FGVQKJ2GBFAM3KGNZXQ66HOHZU/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/georgias-two-senate-races-face-prospect-of-runoffs-11602417601

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324007806694023169

Power of destruction!

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Jigsaw posted:

as far as trump is concerned, the world ceases to be when he shuts his eyes. the idea that things could happen without him there to observe them is patently absurd!

he is essentially a dog in that regard (and many others)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Not to be a wonk, but I think this is probably perfect for Trump. He doesn't have to be president anymore, and he has a plausible reason (for his fans, anyway) for why he lost.

Kale
May 14, 2010

That man! I want THAT man for President! I love the things he says and he "tells it like it is". - 50% of America again :911:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Konstantin posted:

If Biden loses PA and gets exactly 270, then we have to worry about faithless electors, or what happens if one of the 270 people chosen dies or is incapacitated, which is certainly possible because I heard there is some kind of bug going around.

This is absolutely not a concern and is akin to mining jump scares about red counties from Reddit.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

looks like it's down to michigan and nevada, if biden wins michigan it's over butit's close

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

To be fair we haven't tried running anyone on a "arrest the entire GOP and put them in Gitmo" plank :v:

I mean they would get my vote.

Gosh Donny. Possibly because they represent large population centers?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/johnkruzel/status/1324004554485211136?s=20

https://twitter.com/johnkruzel/status/1324005334101491712?s=20

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Oh well nevermind my bad.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

fadam posted:

Not to be a wonk, but I think this is probably perfect for Trump. He doesn't have to be president anymore, and he has a plausible reason (for his fans, anyway) for why he lost.

The problem with that is that in order to maintain this narrative, he has no choice to fight tooth and nail, all the way to the SCOTUS.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Use people's inherent selfishness as a lure and then pied piper them into supporting progressive causes without them realizing it until it's too late.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Biden did turn people out. Turnout of dems is super high.

Trump just ALSO turned out people.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Aramis posted:

The problem with that is that in order to maintain this narrative, he has no choice to fight tooth and nail, all the way to the SCOTUS.

Can't he just skip all the lower courts and just ask SCOTUS for relief?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1324007261107376128

Biden's campaign manager is claiming victory.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Democrats dropping MOABs.

Mother Of All Ballots

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

skylined! posted:

Can anyone explain Arizona to me? Was it just that trump poo poo all over McCain?

I’m assuming it’s basically because of Mark Kelly.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

I sincerely hope that after January 2021 I can go back to ignoring this moron racist grandpa, and just worry about the other grandpa.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

skylined! posted:

Oh well nevermind my bad.

Election laws get weird and I honestly didn’t feel confident either without multiple news sources. A double runoff in GA to determine the senate is a very 2020 ending though so that’s clearly where we are headed.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Aramis posted:

He's not trying to sell the case to a detective lol, just being able to say the polls are wonky is enough I think.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Oh good, more chaos. Gonna be a long week.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

ewiley posted:

I sincerely hope that after January 2021 I can go back to ignoring this moron racist grandpa, and just worry about the other grandpa.

After he’s out of the White House his handlers will be gone and it will be possible to interact directly with him by trolling his tweets with burner accounts.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:patriot:

https://twitter.com/USEmbAbidjan/status/1323938819108970496?s=20

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

ewiley posted:

Which one, the grandpa who controls the senate and will sit with his thumb up his rear end for 2 years and blame democrats for everything or the grandpa in the wh?

The Dems have to get rid of Pelosi, she’s the loving worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Pick posted:

Biden did turn people out. Turnout of dems is super high.

Trump just ALSO turned out people.

Yeah, I think that was most of the story. Turnout was huge, and rather than the excess vote being heavily D as usual, there were a whole bunch of chuds that came out of nowhere.