Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

TweetDeck also allows you to filter out retweets and likes, and it also defaults to a realtime timeline.

and no promoted garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

Nah. To be Trump 2.0 the person has to have celebrity personality, be a big rear end in a top hat, a household name, an "outsider" to politics, strong hints of racism and some semblance of success in business.

I keep thinking of Vince McMahon and can't shake it.
Vinnie Mac wouldn't do politics I'd think, his wife tried to get a legit seat and got clobbered. Plus he has the ring boy stuff, and the steroid scandals.

Now Triple H, on the other hand.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

BiggerBoat posted:

Nah. To be Trump 2.0 the person has to have celebrity personality, be a big rear end in a top hat, a household name, an "outsider" to politics, strong hints of racism and some semblance of success in business.

I keep thinking of Vince McMahon and can't shake it.

Thank God Elon Musk isn't eligible.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Endorph posted:

isnt jeff tiedrich the guy who has a patreon dedicated to just being the guy to reply first to every trump tweet with 'sir, this is a wendy's'

Yeah, but it's not a whole lot (I think 500 a month). He's also the father of the author of Awkward Zombie (Katie Tiedrich).

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ryde posted:

Thank God Elon Musk isn't eligible.

I'm so sad zuck didn't try an run. Imagine home giving a speech or in a debate

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Endorph posted:

Vinnie Mac wouldn't do politics I'd think, his wife tried to get a legit seat and got clobbered. Plus he has the ring boy stuff, and the steroid scandals.

Remember the good old days when the 'crazy' Republican idea was amending the constitution so Arnold Schwarzenegger could run for President?

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Yeah, but it's not a whole lot (I think 500 a month). He's also the father of the author of Awkward Zombie (Katie Tiedrich).

Wait, what?

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Can I ask what made you change your mind?

This might generate a wave of snark, but the proposed Muslim ban drove my 2016 decision to not vote for Trump. I changed my registration literally the day after the “good people on both sides” presser. So I guess I buy into the Lincoln Project’s general thesis, country before party.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So yes the Trump campaign is going to call for the PA vote count to be stopped

Ok dude.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Endorph posted:

It was a deep cover Q operation to expose and stop the Satanic pedophiles in wrestling. Kevin Sullivan killed the Benoit family to get revenge on Vince. There, done.

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!
here's another possible legal challenge
https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1324084963592097792

pack it up people, nothing wrong going on here
https://twitter.com/josh_wingrove/status/1324085850758696961

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Yes, finally we’re getting to the inevitable “sue everyone” stage.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
So, It seems like we should get final* tallies on MI, AZ and GA tonight, NV tomorrow and PA should be clearer tomorrow night and final on Friday.

*until the final mail in votes are received anyway.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

500€ a month for someone to provide zero value to society. Given by people who probably need the money more, and could be supporting their local businesses that're getting strangled by covid. Very cool

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

If he’s not suing in AZ or NV then why is he suing in PA and MI? Of course his poll watchers are there, this is all another distraction. Delay delay and delegitimize the vote, doing it before all eligible ballots are castes is brazen and the media should be calling trump out.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

escapegoat posted:

From the Deviantart thread:

holy poo poo lmao

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BismaPar/status/1324083939913486337?s=19

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

If you need some comfort, follow RunFor Something, a group encouraging young progressives to run for office. We need to fill the pipeline. This victory makes me especially happy.

https://twitter.com/runforsomething/status/1324083721327267840

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TheDisreputableDog posted:

This might generate a wave of snark, but the proposed Muslim ban drove my 2016 decision to not vote for Trump. I changed my registration literally the day after the “good people on both sides” presser. So I guess I buy into the Lincoln Project’s general thesis, country before party.

I think there are a lot of people like you. Thank you for making the switch. I know that the Democratic Party probably doesn't represent a lot of your interests very well, but I appreciate you understanding the priority of the nation.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

javi posted:

yeah apparently they want to have the vote count stopped *temporarily* so that they can get people in there to oversee it. That's the lawsuit..

so far as I am aware, they are not asking for the current vote count to be declared final.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

57001 posted:

Not sure if anyone else posted this yet but looks like MI GOP is trying to physically stop the count in Detroit

https://twitter.com/JordanAckerMI/status/1324072809283420160

Huh a bunch of old dumpy fat white people demanding votes not be counted for a predominantly black district. How weird!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump campaign declaring victory in Pennsylvania.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

javi posted:

it's transparant as gently caress but "prevent all early votes from being counted until election day and then demand they not be counted at all after election day" is a pretty slick strategy with the courts on your side

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Gaius Marius posted:

500€ a month for someone to provide zero value to society. Given by people who probably need the money more, and could be supporting their local businesses that're getting strangled by covid. Very cool

If you could make $500 a month tweeting at the president you would.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

538 is bogus, but here's a summary of what's left to count:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2020-election-results-coverage/

What’s Left To Count
Here’s the latest picture in every undecided state:

Arizona: Biden currently leads here by 93,518 votes, but there are around 600,000 left to count, according to the Arizona Republic. About 450,000 of those are in Maricopa County, which says it will release two batches of results tonight: one at 9 p.m. Eastern and one sometime after 12:30 a.m. Eastern. Some outlets, such as Fox News, have already projected Arizona for Biden, but our colleagues at ABC News have not yet done so.

Nevada: Biden leads here by only 7,647 votes, and an estimated 14 percent of the vote is still uncounted. However, those votes will all be either late-arriving mail ballots or provisional ballots, which should lean Democratic. We won’t be getting another update here until noon Eastern on Thursday.

Wisconsin: The Wisconsin Elections Commission has announced that all votes in the state are counted, and Biden has a 20,510-vote lead in the state. The Trump campaign has requested a recount, but that has not stopped some media outlets like the AP to project Wisconsin for Biden. ABC News has not issued a projection here, as the decision desk won’t project races that are within 1 percentage point.

Georgia: Trump currently leads here by 79,509 votes, and the secretary of state said during an 11:30 a.m. press conference that there were still 200,000 mail-in votes and 50,000 early votes to count, mostly in Democratic-leaning counties like Fulton and DeKalb. Fulton is hoping to finish all its counting by 9 p.m. tonight.

Michigan: Biden currently leads here by just 37,350 votes, but it will be difficult for Trump to close that gap because most of the uncounted ballots are in very blue Wayne County (Detroit). At 2 p.m. Eastern, Wayne said it had only 16,000 ballots left to count, which it plans to complete by 6 p.m.

Pennsylvania: Trump currently leads Biden 53 percent to 45 percent in Pennsylvania, but this one is a long way from over — 19 percent of expected votes are still uncounted, most of them Democratic-leaning mail ballots. Counties are working around the clock to finish counting, but we’re looking at Thursday or Friday before results are semi-final.

North Carolina: North Carolina has counted every ballot it had in its possession as of yesterday, and Trump leads by 76,737 votes among them. However, the state has announced that about 117,000 mail-in ballots are potentially outstanding, plus an unknown number of provisional ballots. Mail-in ballots have until Nov. 12 to arrive, and only at that point will more results be released.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

LorneReams posted:

I blame the media really. The house was giving speeches almost every day about the pile of legislation being held up by the senate, but you wouldn't know it based on our trash media.

Social media savvy is only going to be more important going forward. A big part of AOC’s success is that she does a lot of her own direct messaging, and generates media attention from it, rather than merely banking on established channels. Same thing with Trump. She’s also creative and proactive about reaching new platforms in order to strengthen appeal with existing supporters and find new ones.

Finally she and Trump both make their outreach look organic and genuine. You have to truly understand the platform you’re on, why you’re there, it can’t look like your media team set it up for you. So many of these politicians gently caress up that last bit, you can tell by their deer-in-headlights eyes that they don’t know what’s going on and don’t give a poo poo to even figure it out beforehand. Trump really is a social media whore, so there’s nothing forced or fake about his tweeting habit. AOC really games, so it’s not fake or embarrassing when she does a twitch stream.

I think most Dems see social media and internet presence as merely one of multiple channels, rather than a primary focus. A lot of them are also old enough where email was a novelty for them two decades ago and they’re still kind of wondering when the World Wide Web fad will pass.

We legit need more YouTubers and podcasters, both running for office, and building a media landscape. Say what you will about Chud grifters, but they’re really good at that, probably because of all that grifting.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Election interference. Grow some balls PA and send in the state police and hand cuff them all. They can sit on the curb in the cold while the votes are counted and witnessed by Trumps witnesses that are already there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Endorph posted:

Vince is so fundamentally unstable that his last high profile media appearance resulted in him threatening Bob Costas in a way even Trump doesn;t do. And that was like 30 demented drug fueled years ago.

HHH is also a giant lunkhead who's public relations actions usually just involve him telling his customers that they're idiots and he doesn't want them.

Steph is the one running for office. I remain convinced. The family has been pushing the idea of her as some trailblazing feminist icon for years now. They're prepping.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

HHH is also a giant lunkhead who's public relations actions usually just involve him telling his customers that they're idiots and he doesn't want them.
so youre saying hed run as a democrat?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Glumwheels posted:

If he’s not suing in AZ or NV then why is he suing in PA and MI? Of course his poll watchers are there, this is all another distraction. Delay delay and delegitimize the vote, doing it before all eligible ballots are castes is brazen and the media should be calling trump out.

I know on CNN"s live stream they've been harping on this point very persistently.

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!
yeah, team trump is just claiming it now...
https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/status/1324086828153057281

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

I mean it's os they can cast doubt on the legitimacy and take it to court when the ballots do get counted and he loses I assume

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Well this is terrifying.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

TheDisreputableDog posted:

No snark from me, friend.
Besides, I'm from Denmark so I've got no skin in the game and am just a casual observer who's sick of the Danish media coverage.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

well yeah if they let it get to the point where Michigan and Wisconsin got to with the vote counting before announcing victory it's kind of hard to do anything.

This is basically their last chance to realistically pretend that they might have won the election if the vote counting goes as expected.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Election Fraud is being declared by Republicans across the country

https://twitter.com/PattersonNBC/status/1324086177885003778?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

“How can Dems complain about this? One of Biden’s top campaign surrogates did this same thing twice!”

- trump soon, probably

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

This is only going to get worse and worse until there's murder.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Do we have a shot in Georgia, realistically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Someone's going to get shot or hurt over this I'm afraid. These idiots have been primed for months now to think that the election is fixed and the mail in ballots are rife with fraud. It won't take a huge percentage of them acting out to create some really ugly poo poo in the next few days/weeks.

edit: seriously why do democratic leaning districts always take so much longer to count? You'd almost think it'd be easier since so many of them are concentrated and centralized. I'm genuinely curious.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 4, 2020