Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ImpAtom posted:

Yes. It'll be "the Democrats want to bring abortion back" with a side order of "And now we can gently caress the gays/trans/immigrants further."

"The Dems are Socialabortionists!!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

massive spider posted:

AOC will never be president until the last boomer is dead.

We should be happy for COVID then

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
What different world might we live in where the Democratic party were actually as loving cool as Republicans always claim them to be.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

I feel like some states are trying really hard to stay the hell out of the way and let someone else decide it, either because they want to avoid the shitshow or had vote suppression fuckery going on and hope nobody takes too close a look.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

massive spider posted:

the contract is signed

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Yes. It'll be "the Democrats want to bring abortion back" with a side order of "And now we can gently caress the gays/trans/immigrants further."

All birth control is abortion is the next claim. And also what;s left of the Civil Rights Act.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaius Marius posted:

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The party already realizes it hosed up big time. I don't think pelosi is gonna be speaker for much longer.

Come on Maxine Waters!

...oh who am I kidding it'll be someone useless like Steny Hoyer (speaking of people who should've been primared by a progressive but it sadly didn't successfully happen, sorry MacKayla :( ) or Tim Ryan.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mooseontheloose posted:

All birth control is abortion is the next claim. And also what;s left of the Civil Rights Act.

Now now, let's be clear.

It will be "All birth control except MY birth control is abortion."

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Looks like Georgia is at 96% counted with 66,380 votes separating Biden and Turmp now. Its so CLOSE.

Edit: According to the Guardian's website the only county I can see that has votes left to report is Fulton and its at 96.6 reported. This could come down to 4 figure votes deciding who wins.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 4, 2020

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

massive spider posted:

Gen-X is a bigger problem than the boomers.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

TyrantWD posted:

Oh great, now it's our fault.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I've been saying this for years. We've tried the "woman's right to choose" argument, everybody who agrees with that is already on board.

The people who oppose choice don't give a poo poo about women and only care about the moral issue of potential babies.

We have to argue that more abortions would happen, and they would be worse, and more human life would be lost. Same thing with the war on drugs; it results in exactly the opposite of what its supposed to. Ending it will actually achieve fewer drug addictions, which is what the right claims to want.
They don't care about the number of abortions. They care about controlling women and punishing them for having sex.

If you want to reduce the number of abortions, make birth control free and widely available for everyone, including high schoolers. You never hear anti-abortion advocates calling for this, though.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Lol if Biden somehow hits thee hundred EVs that’ll be an even greener light for Democrats and liberals to engage in zero self reflection over what a giant loving mess this was.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Mooseontheloose posted:

I don't see a movement to ban birth control happening because this is all controlled by zillionaires, and if I'm not mistaken, denying birth control to the employees they insure is a net loss.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

TyrantWD posted:

In theory by 2024 Millennials and Zoomers will make up a majority of the electorate. As long as our generation doesn't abruptly start trending conservative (which, regrettably, considering historical trends is entirely possible) Gen-X on their own won't be as consequential.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

stillvisions posted:

I feel like some states are trying really hard to stay the hell out of the way and let someone else decide it, either because they want to avoid the shitshow or had vote suppression fuckery going on and hope nobody takes too close a look.

Nah they got hosed by Republican state legislatures that passed laws that made it so they couldn't count mail-in ballots until the ballot opened.

So they just have a huge loving backlog to go through, since so many people voted absentee due to COVID. This year is weird.

Republicans saw this coming and tried to do what they could to help Trump's chances.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Rudy was recently seen with his hands down his pants, fondling his junk in the hopes he’d have sex with a 15yr old.

Now he’s in PA claiming voter fraud and is leading the legal efforts to sue PA in the SC with a medical
Band flapping in the wind on his wrist. You cannot make this poo poo up.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I've been saying this for years. We've tried the "woman's right to choose" argument, everybody who agrees with that is already on board.

The people who oppose choice don't give a poo poo about women and only care about the moral issue of potential babies.

We have to argue that more abortions would happen, and they would be worse, and more human life would be lost. Same thing with the war on drugs; it results in exactly the opposite of what its supposed to. Ending it will actually achieve fewer drug addictions, which is what the right claims to want.

Why do you think that argument would work?

They would a) assume you are lying because you are a baby-killing monster and b) not care because abortions are wrong and should not be allowed.

It's not an issue they can be rational about, it's a non-starter. The only way to get them to vote for you is by saying you'll outlaw abortions.

Inferior Third Season posted:

They don't care about the number of abortions. They care about controlling women and punishing them for having sex.

If you want to reduce the number of abortions, make birth control free and widely available for everyone, including high schoolers. You never hear anti-abortion advocates calling for this, though.

I'm not so sure about that. I think a large part of them do care about the potential babies, but making a cold calculation about it isn't something they can do.

The birth control thing is about controlling women though, you're more than right about that.

uXs fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 4, 2020

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

ghostinmyshell posted:

Oh great, now it's our fault.

Gen X let their parents down, and now they let their kids down too.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

Probably.

I can see an AOC presidency in our lifetimes but decades down the line when her reputation as the left wing firebrand is kind of muted by history and the new generation in the house and electorate.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Angry_Ed posted:

Come on Maxine Waters!

...oh who am I kidding it'll be someone useless like Steny Hoyer (speaking of people who should've been primared by a progressive but it sadly didn't successfully happen, sorry MacKayla :( ) or Tim Ryan.

Look I am left as all get out, but if he’s primaried it goes red.

It already goes red in the same electoral district for governor. He’s just got a long term incumbency advantage.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324108200141082624

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Does anyone remember at what times during the night Obama was declared (both times) and Trump? Google doesn’t seem to understand the question

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Yuge levels of cope being consumed on Fox right now

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

massive spider posted:

You can't count out Horny Boomer Energy

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Byzantine posted:

Enjoy what? That the corpse loving us in the rear end will have a blue tie now?

Trump being gone. I don’t like Biden either. We could have done better. I voted for Bernie in the primaries in both 16 and 20. I would have preferred him as the candidate instead of Biden. That said, I am going to eat some loving popcorn and drink a few beers if/when Trump loses this week, because I hate that little whiny racist pumpkin with every ounce of my being.

I hope you can join me, friend. We need a moment of celebration, however small it is.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
So what did Stacey Abrams do in Georgia and how do we replicate that across the South

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Aidan_702 posted:

Does anyone remember at what times during the night Obama was declared (both times) and Trump? Google doesn’t seem to understand the question

It was early for all of them. No later than 10 Eastern that we knew.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Aidan_702 posted:

I was in a bar before 9pm mountain time on Obama's second win.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Trump is claiming those states because he has been pissed on in those states.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

So what did Stacey Abrams do in Georgia and how do we replicate that across the South

it was the extended voting in fulton, dekalb, gwinnett, etc.

also the NBA getting their stadiums to be voting sites.

let's hold off though. Kemp could still pull some bullshit with the remaining votes.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I wouldn't wish this bullshit on AOC or any of her crew.

The left just needs an obnoxious, rude, loudmouth that will sign whatever AOC puts in front of them.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Oh, well, I guess if he totally claimed it then that's it. I didn't know he claimed it. That sucks. Wrap it up I guess. Since it's been claimed.

Apparently for electoral purposes.

this has also been posted like 5x btw

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

It was early for all of them. No later than 10 Eastern that we knew.

It was 11pm eastern in 08, 11:15 in 12. They don’t call before the west coast closes

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Aidan_702 posted:

Obama 08 was well before midnight because I was living in DC at the time and we rode down to the White House for an impromptu block party.

Can’t remember Obama 12 but don’t remember the slightest bit of anxiety.

2016 was early enough that I was still at work in Australia... probably between midnight and 2am EST?

I’m sure there are official times or whatever but that was the emotional point.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Feels good to relax again before the bulk of all of Trump's fuckery starts which I am sure will progressively increase.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

BiggerBoat posted:

Oh, well, I guess if he totally claimed it then that's it. I didn't know he claimed it. That sucks. Wrap it up I guess. Since it's been claimed.

He didn't say "no take backsies" so they're still up for play.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Gen X let their parents down, and now they let their kids down too.

I'm going to the Logan's Run chamber now to get it out of the way.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

BiggerBoat posted:

It's okay, he didn't say "no takesies backsies"

EDIT: How was I beaten to exactly this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

hachi machi