Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Coredump posted:

I think Trump will get Georgia by 50,000 votes if the napkin math I'm doing is correct. As far as I can tell Fulton is the last county to report and there's only 15,000 some votes left to tally. The split between Biden and Trump right now stands at 66,380.

https://twitter.com/ajc/status/1324112940157542401

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

hey everyone. just woke up and saw that MI has been called for biden. do we have any other updates? and is biden still looking good to win?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
The biggest counter to "Dems stole the election" is "then why wouldn't we have stolen the Senate too?"

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Mr Interweb posted:

hey everyone. just woke up and saw that MI has been called for biden. do we have any other updates? and is biden still looking good to win?

We're waiting on NV results that are coming out tonight. If NV holds for Biden, along with AZ, then Biden hits 270.

Failing that, PA is still on track to end up swinging to Biden.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Looks to be from this morning. Don't think that's the case now. Most ballots left are from D Maricopa.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I hereby claim the moon, because why the hell not.

You have to pay me a dollar every time you look at it. I hereby declare that too.
You're too late. It's already been done.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/03/25/meet-the-man-who-owns-the-moon

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Most of the outstanding votes in AZ are in urban Phoenix/Maricopa County. Is there a reason to believe these will suddenly break red?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

BonoMan posted:

Looks to be from this morning. Don't think that's the case now. Most ballots left are from D Maricopa.

That's right. Maricopa usually goes Republican and this was based on that, but the actual results this year have had Maricopa go lightly blue

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Glumwheels posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1324116138763128842

What no more MAGA rallies today? Big baby in the bunker crying right now.

Wall his rear end up in there Cask of Amontillado style, we can build a new bunker later.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I have important news

https://twitter.com/dave_schilling/status/1324114742378573824?s=21

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.
Is there a source for the ballots that are left in Arizona being from Maricopa?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Well if some unverified randos say it..

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

Dick Jones posted:

Most of the outstanding votes in AZ are in urban Phoenix/Maricopa County. Is there a reason to believe these will suddenly break red?

Here's Nate Silver's take on AZ (take it for what you will)

quote:

Arizona. We may need to do a longer post on Arizona later. What’s left to count is mostly mail votes that were returned late in the process — on Monday or Tuesday. There’s some ambiguity about how many ballots this actually is; Edison Research seems to think around 450,000. If so, Trump would need to win those votes by 21 points to overtake Biden’s current 93,000-vote lead. They’re disrupted fairly evenly throughout the state.

Wait — outstanding mail votes? Shouldn’t those be good for Biden, as in other states? Well, not necessarily, because Republicans have a fairly strong mail voting program in Arizona and — this is the key part — the mail ballots that were returned later in the process (the ones yet to be continued) were significantly redder than the ones that came in earlier on, as Democrats sent their votes in early. For instance, the party registration of the votes that came in Monday and Tuesday were: 23 percent Democratic, 44 percent Republican, and 33 percent independent or other parties. That is to say, a 21-point GOP edge, which would put Trump on track to tie things up.

But … here’s the bad news for Trump. Party registration may be a misleading indicator in Arizona. It has a lot of ancestral Republicans who have now turned into swing voters. Biden also had a big lead among independents in polls. And earlier batches of mail ballots were considerably stronger for Biden than party registration alone would suggest. So probably these ballots are going to come in more for Trump than for Biden, but not as strongly as he needs.

There’s also the fact that two other news organizations, the Associated Press and Fox News, have called the state for Biden. I’d assume they’ve put more work into looking into this than I have, so that shifts my priors a bit, but you never know and you will get incorrect calls occasionally. Overall, I’d say this is Likely Biden but I don’t think the state should have been called yet.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Bizarro Watt posted:

Is there a source for the ballots that are left in Arizona being from Maricopa?

CNN has been reporting it all day. 400k in Maricopa and 200k in a neighboring blue county.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Rea posted:

We're waiting on NV results that are coming out tonight. If NV holds for Biden, along with AZ, then Biden hits 270.

You talking about Pennsylvania? Trump has a 5% lead over Biden in that state, its coming down to Nevada or Bust here.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I would be so happy to be wrong.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Rea posted:

PA by EOD? Huh? We were told full results wouldn't be until Thursday or Friday.

EOD might be the "arrived by election" cutoff, the one that would take overt ratfuckery to undo. Trump team is hoping that's not enough and they can stop the ones postmarked ones from being counted because they know the writing is on the wall, it's just a question if the mail-in up to election day plus their attempts to stop mail sorting were enough.

Kale
May 14, 2010

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

CNN has been reporting it all day. 400k in Maricopa and 200k in a neighboring blue county.

They don't so much seem blue as statistically much less read than the rest of Arizona. Trump won it by 50K votes in 2016 but it's said to have gotten bluer since then.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Parrotine posted:

You talking about Pennsylvania? Trump has a 5% lead over Biden in that state, its coming down to Nevada or Bust here.

PA has like a million mail-in ballots to count and they are expecting those to lean D

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Parrotine posted:

The majority of the remaining votes are supposed to be for Biden though

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I'm not too optimistic about AZ. The earliest vote was always going to lean the most blue, while the mail in ballots that arrived closer to election day have tilted towards the Democrats a lot less.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Parrotine posted:

And Trump's lead at the start of today was over 10%. He's consistently losing significant chunks of it to Dem mail-in ballots being counted.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Dick Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/Data_Orbital/status/1324108863059099648
i've seen data Orbital being thought of highly by the people who crunch the numbers in AZ, but who the hell knows after the last couple of days

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

The issue with AZ is that the ballots are weighted towards GOP registrations, but so were the ballots that Biden is winning with so far, so we don’t really know how blue or red they will be, but we also don’t have reason to believe they will be any redder than what’s already reported.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-e46xdcUo

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat

brugroffil posted:

#1 is owning the libs/elite, seems accurate

I can relate to that at least. Grew up affluent in an NYC suburb and I hated pretty much everyone around me and loved offending libs

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Also Trump needs like 70% of those ballots to win AZ and the D/R registration split doesn’t account for the large amount of nonaligned ballots. We will know more in 4 hours but for now I’d much rather be Biden than Trump in AZ.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/Data_Orbital/status/1324108863059099648
i've seen data Orbital being thought of highly by the people who crunch the numbers in AZ, but who the hell knows after the last couple of days

Wait speaking of orbital data how do astronauts vote

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Rea posted:

thanks, friendo.

some of this AZ talk is a bit worrying. i thought it was a lock for biden up until this morning?

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1324121001546964993

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

The issue with AZ is that the ballots are weighted towards GOP registrations, but so were the ballots that Biden is winning with so far, so we don’t really know how blue or red they will be, but we also don’t have reason to believe they will be any redder than what’s already reported.

wait, does this suggest it was actually red crossover that won Biden AZ?

because if so progressivism is dead it's already dead but this just beats up the corpse a bit

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I have a confession to make. Please don’t report me to the authorities. I stole the election; all of it.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
poo poo. Is Biden going to lose?

poo poo poo poo poo poo.

AZ and PA are tight. He's not going to get GA.

This could be it :\

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is the popular vote going to be closer this year? (might be too early to tell)

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Gaius Marius posted:

Wait speaking of orbital data how do astronauts vote

With the sound of victory in their ears, if Senator-elect Kelly is any example.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

CelestialScribe posted:

poo poo poo poo poo poo.

i should log off

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

CelestialScribe posted:

poo poo poo poo poo poo.

Take a nap. For your own sake.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Is the popular vote going to be closer this year? (might be too early to tell)

Biden wins electoral college. Trump wins popular vote and everyone goes apeshit.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

not the resolute desk!
https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/status/1324116065828458496

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
AZ is going to be alright.