Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Does persona have magnum dong in it

Cos it should

yes and i found a statue you can buy from japan for $450

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/6346/Demon+Lord+Mara.html

e: this page is blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

And just a bit :nws:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

jfc and it's all made of PVC too, for that price it should be a bronze-sculpted chariot upon which rests a dick of solid jade

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

veni veni veni posted:

Been playing Divinity 2 for like 5 hours a day lol. Game is definitely as good as it's reputation, and it's no surprise that I lot of people call it the best RPG of all time. It's so much better than the first one.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

ready 2 fuk and suk with this hot new collector's item

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

I bought the PS4 version of SMT Nocturne the other day but I regret it. It’s a really minimal upgrade, with janky movement and camera the same as on the PS2, and also not very good performance despite looking really simple. Also the cutscenes aren’t cleaned up at all and still 4:3, with that dumb rear end fuzzy thing on the edges like they do for vertical cell phone videos when they show them on the news.

Would you say it's okay for someone who hasn't played it and doesn't have access on any other platform?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Would you say it's okay for someone who hasn't played it and doesn't have access on any other platform?
Hmm...I dunno. It’s still an early PS2 era JRPG, and not even a very progressive one for the time as far as the controls and interface. A lot of it just really slow to do basic things and navigate really simple areas because of the way the camera works. I prefer SMT to Persona in many ways but Persona has become so much more modern over the years.

The music and visual design are off the charts though.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Rinkles posted:

Personally I wouldn't want to be buying a new tv without vrr support, but I see that it's still not a standard feature on many mid rangish tvs. I'm probably waiting till next year.

Thanks all, maybe I'll wait til next year.

The only thing I can think of is that manufacturers purposely hold off VRR on lower end of TVs to force people to buy the bigger ticket items but I guess I'll be in the same position next year if that's the case.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Policenaut posted:

What a coincidence, I started playing this yesterday and man it's fantastic. I'm playing as a skeleton and there's so much fun roleplaying you can do with that! I just finished Fort Joy and I really feel like I'm hitting my stride.

Yeah. The first five or so hours were rocky but mostly enjoyable, there was so much to learn it was a bit overwhelming, and the game doesn't hold your hand much at all. Then it all kind of started to fall into place and I was totally hooked.

I'm playing Lohse since I read her main story is good, but I have Fane in my party cause I couldn't resist a skeleton man. I love how you have to hide that he's undead or people freak out. He's kind of annoying to heal though.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I am rushing through a NG+ right now because I think this might not be a bad Platinum but I forgot to kill Demon of Hatred before I picked my first ending :negative:

I beat him by making him fall off the edge and I regret nothing

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Puddin posted:

Tv chat for ps5, how prevelant do you guys think that HDMI 2.1 and VRR will make a difference?

Like here in Aus the difference is around $6-700 between a decent midrange 4k tv and the Sony x90 and other brands equivalents.

acksplode posted:

I'm thinking VRR could be a big deal. I expect it'll make most games' quality mode perform way better, since the new consoles likely won't hit a stable 60FPS at 4K with all bells and whistles. I'm not sure about the other HDMI 2.1 features mattering much for PS5, I doubt many games will take advantage of 8K or 120FPS.

I'd assume most game modes will target 30fps or 60fps and stay mostly stable. So it may be most utilized in games that drop to mid-50's in a 60fps mode. There may be some games that have unlocked performance modes that hit between 60 and 120fps at lower resolutions where it comes in handy, but who knows how common that will be. Of all the consoles coming out, the Series S may be the biggest benefactor of VRR since it targets 1440p and up to 120fps, but who really knows.

My QLED does freesync over hdmi2.0 so my PS4pro doesn't take advantage of it, but my XB1X does, though most games are 30fps targets anyway and the freesync only goes down to 48fps. The freesync mostly gets utilized with my living room PC that I run at 1440p and most games hits in the 70-90fps range with the settings I put it at (its a 5600xt, so not great for 4k). I love it for that, but honestly, with the games that I mostly play on my tv, i'd be fine with a nearly locked 60fps as well (I usually put on radeon chill to get it to 60fps anyway to lower heat/fan noise). So, I do not regret upgrading to it this past spring even though my PS4 and PS5 won't utilize the freesync feature, but it will be interesting to see when I eventually upgrade my 1x to the SeriesX in a few years. Honestly, HDR was my favorite feature when bumping up from my 1080p tv to my 4k other than going up in size.

If you already have something decent enough with 4k and hdr, I'd definitely wait for a decently priced HDMI 2.1 TV, especially with eARC if you plan to upgrade sound systems as well down the line, and Dolby Vision. Otherwise, if you see something that is a really great deal later this month when the holiday sales start, it may be worth it to upgrade if you think most games/modes you'd use would be the 60fps (or 30fps) locked targets. If you are the type to keep this next tv for 10+ years, than ya.. maybe just wait or grab something now with 2.1 and vrr (LG OLED, Vizio P series Quantum, etc.) if they hit a price during the sales that you are comfortable with.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

FireMrshlBill posted:

I'd assume most game modes will target 30fps or 60fps and stay mostly stable. So it may be most utilized in games that drop to mid-50's in a 60fps mode. There may be some games that have unlocked performance modes that hit between 60 and 120fps at lower resolutions where it comes in handy, but who knows how common that will be. Of all the consoles coming out, the Series S may be the biggest benefactor of VRR since it targets 1440p and up to 120fps, but who really knows.

My QLED does freesync over hdmi2.0 so my PS4pro doesn't take advantage of it, but my XB1X does, though most games are 30fps targets anyway and the freesync only goes down to 48fps. The freesync mostly gets utilized with my living room PC that I run at 1440p and most games hits in the 70-90fps range with the settings I put it at (its a 5600xt, so not great for 4k). I love it for that, but honestly, with the games that I mostly play on my tv, i'd be fine with a nearly locked 60fps as well (I usually put on radeon chill to get it to 60fps anyway to lower heat/fan noise). So, I do not regret upgrading to it this past spring even though my PS4 and PS5 won't utilize the freesync feature, but it will be interesting to see when I eventually upgrade my 1x to the SeriesX in a few years. Honestly, HDR was my favorite feature when bumping up from my 1080p tv to my 4k other than going up in size.

If you already have something decent enough with 4k and hdr, I'd definitely wait for a decently priced HDMI 2.1 TV, especially with eARC if you plan to upgrade sound systems as well down the line, and Dolby Vision. Otherwise, if you see something that is a really great deal later this month when the holiday sales start, it may be worth it to upgrade if you think most games/modes you'd use would be the 60fps (or 30fps) locked targets. If you are the type to keep this next tv for 10+ years, than ya.. maybe just wait or grab something now with 2.1 and vrr (LG OLED, Vizio P series Quantum, etc.) if they hit a price during the sales that you are comfortable with.

Cheers for this. I don't absolutely need a tv right now, but I kinda do want something to take full advantage of the PS5.

As it stands I have a 42" 1080 lg that's about 5-6 years old. It's average at best and I'd really like to update to a 55".

Still have a bit to decide but appreciate the info.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I never finished this one, played the starting area two different times.
cool gothic-like game

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Tei posted:

I never finished this one, played the starting area two different times.
cool gothic-like game

same. combat wasn't great or fun.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I can't wait to get the new console next month and play the greatest game of the PS360 era at 4K

That's right b*tches, Perfect Dark on the Xbox Series x :hehe:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i pray for your soul

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Perfect Dark was so good.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Puddin posted:

Cheers for this. I don't absolutely need a tv right now, but I kinda do want something to take full advantage of the PS5.

As it stands I have a 42" 1080 lg that's about 5-6 years old. It's average at best and I'd really like to update to a 55".

Still have a bit to decide but appreciate the info.

Just get an LG CX. Yeah, it might be some overkill but holy god is it the best picture quality I have Ever seen. Period. Apple TV in 4K Dolby vision is brain breaking. The Last of Us 2 looked good on my old Samsung but looks like I’m playing it on a high end PC on this TV. It’s seriously fantastic all around. I can’t wait for the PS5.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Imhotep posted:

What is this crazy goty that’s ahead of BB

You will have to wait for the GOTY list, but I will say that the reason it is in the number one spot is very subjective because I obviously can look at the two of them together and say Bloodborne does way more with what it has and sets out to do I just had the absolute best time with the other game in a short week stretch and completed it :)

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
The anticipation is killing me

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My Amazon pre order just switched from some long warning about how it is unknown when Amazon will be able to "fulfill" blah blah, to being front and center on my main page as "arriving November 12th"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I hope to have a few more games finished before the goty thread arrives, including....nuDemon's Souls! :clint:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Perfect Dark was so good.

One of my favorite FPS ever. The music, the memories, the motion-blur :barf:

Dual-weilding Falcon 2 pistols :blastu:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The original PD is still completely unmatched for reload animations. The SMG that you slide the bullet clip through like a credit card, simply amazing. Most FPS games put zero care or creativity into their reload animations and it's absolutely shameful!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I was playing the Rare Replay remaster on Xbox last night, it's really fun. It does great stuff that FPS games still don't do today (shooting guns out of hands for example)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Modern Warfare 2019 has the dopest reload animations I have seen.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

VideoGames posted:

You will have to wait for the GOTY list, but I will say that the reason it is in the number one spot is very subjective because I obviously can look at the two of them together and say Bloodborne does way more with what it has and sets out to do I just had the absolute best time with the other game in a short week stretch and completed it :)

Hades?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol there is no way you have the best time with Hades and then just stop playing after completing it once.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

The original PD is still completely unmatched for reload animations. The SMG that you slide the bullet clip through like a credit card, simply amazing. Most FPS games put zero care or creativity into their reload animations and it's absolutely shameful!!

Totally agree. Adding the blob of liquid metal to the Phoenix, or the perfect slap of the magazine to the Dragon, and the aforementioned Cyclone. So many cool ideas.

Something I noticed from the remaster is that the explosions in general look like translucent crap now, whereas explosion tech in Goldeneye and PD always looked phenonmenal back in the day.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Totally agree. Adding the blob of liquid metal to the Phoenix, or the perfect slap of the magazine to the Dragon, and the aforementioned Cyclone. So many cool ideas.

Something I noticed from the remaster is that the explosions in general look like translucent crap now, whereas explosion tech in Goldeneye and PD always looked phenonmenal back in the day.

The huge amounts of lag the explosions caused only made them more impressive.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

veni veni veni posted:

Anything Hyper has done is fantastic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WasgRxx6r4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmIlogViPes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hycrDNiugA0

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Pd is great and even better on the console it was designed for, in cinematic mode, with the best controller for fps.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1890s cinematic 10fps mode

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

Lol there is no way you have the best time with Hades and then just stop playing after completing it once.

Miles Morales & Demon’s Souls would have to be nuclear amounts of fun for them to dethrone TLoU2 as my GOTY, but Hades is FOR SURE FOR SURE 2nd place.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

veni veni veni posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7HGmUBQOHM&t=48s

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Not Hades. It is an old game from 2014 that I got free on PS Plus.
Again, side by side, there is no way objectively that it would beat Bloodborne.

Subjectively though I was nearly as wrapped up as I had been in Nier:Automata and that is purely the reason why I put it in front (at current time. Maybe this will change when I beat Bloodborne. Yes. When. A hoonter hoonts. :twisted:)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Not Hades. It is an old game from 2014 that I got free on PS Plus.

Lords of the Fallen confirmed for VGOTY :eyepop:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My vote was PlayStation battle royale but I'm enjoying the suspense

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hahaha, I did actually write a long old post about it in my PMF thread if you wish to be spoiled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

VideoGames posted:

Hahaha, I did actually write a long old post about it in my PMF thread if you wish to be spoiled.

Horizon wasn’t free